Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Dog Owners, Please Help. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dog Owners, Please Help. (16334 Views)

Happy New Year Nigerian Dog Owners / For Dog Owners In Nigeria / For Dog Owners In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by kandiikane(m): 4:10am On Jan 07, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

muhehehe, He was on NL all throughout the holiday, raging havoc on NL.

He won't post a picture. Trust me tongue
lol, so all that indain lady comment got to him? Royal is this true?
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 07, 2013
kandiikane:
lol, awwh sad

That's very true. He helped me alot without any mention of nyashing. grin But my heart still dey for your fellow ethnic man.

Yoruba men. . . . smh. I don't know how to describe them. I love them, most women can't stay away from them, but they just . . . . make I no talk am. lol grin

Trust me, if I ever meet a Yoruba man with the characteristics of this Ghanaian fellow. . . . bye bye to __ tongue

You'll eventually get over it lol. You're still young and you're beautiful.

Just don't fall for ~Royal~ grin grin
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 4:13am On Jan 07, 2013
kandiikane:
lol, so all that indain lady comment got to him? Royal is this true?

LOL I doubt it. I dont think anything can get through that thick cemented skull.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by kandiikane(m): 4:19am On Jan 07, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Yoruba men. . . . smh. I don't know how to describe them. I love them, most women can't stay away from them, but they just . . . . make I no talk am. lol grin

Trust me, if I ever meet a Yoruba man with the characteristics of this Ghanaian fellow. . . . bye bye to __ tongue

You'll eventually get over it lol. You're still young and you're beautiful.

Just don't fall for ~Royal~ grin grin

I know,na. If I tell you ehn. Sometimes, I think say na juju, because deep down I have a feeling that we will end up marrying but it's just a disaster waiting to happen. Eurgh! I've only got 5 and a half years to find a husband lol so tbh, I may be young but I don't gat time. grin

royal? Noo oo Lol, he's my wingman jorh/
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 4:24am On Jan 07, 2013
kandiikane:

I know,na. If I tell you ehn. Sometimes, I think say na juju, because deep down I have a feeling that we will end up marrying but it's just a disaster waiting to happen. Eurgh! I've only got 5 and a half years to find a husband lol so tbh, I may be young but I don't gat time. grin

royal? Noo oo Lol, he's my wingman jorh/

LOL Stop it, if you've only got 5 years, then i ONLY HAVE 2 YEARS grin grin

It's not by force o. grin

Your wingman will soon be your polishing man wink wink

Guess what? I bought hair coloring today. You inspired me tongue tongue My hair should be deep red by the end of this week.

I've been looking forward to it. tongue tongue
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by kandiikane(m): 4:29am On Jan 07, 2013
lmaoo grin

ohh, post pictures mek I see after. I'm wanting to dye my hair blonde again but I'm not sure. Since I shaved my hair a couple of weeks back, I haven't really gone out with it because I think I've put on weight on my face and I don't like the look. Never go bald during the winter. grin
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 4:31am On Jan 07, 2013
I'm not bleaching it tho.

I'll post a pix if it does look too horrible tongue
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 07, 2013
kandiikane: lmaoo grin

ohh, post pictures mek I see after. I'm wanting to dye my hair blonde again but I'm not sure. Since I shaved my hair a couple of weeks back, I haven't really gone out with it because I think I've put on weight on my face and I don't like the look. Never go bald during the winter. grin

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin

Welcome to my world. Short here on me is a NO NO grin grin grin
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by kandiikane(m): 4:34am On Jan 07, 2013
grin grin

I'm just going to make a wig cap next week and wear it until I've lost my winter fat.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 07, 2013
kandiikane: grin grin

I'm just going to make a wig cap next week and wear it until I've lost my winter fat.
grin grin grin Goodluck, chubs tongue

When you dye your hair, do you get it down by a professional or by yourself?
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by kandiikane(m): 4:42am On Jan 07, 2013
Cheers. smiley

By myself, when it comes to doing hair and stuff I do those myself.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 4:47am On Jan 07, 2013
Ok, stay on this tread a little bit and help me out.

I think I'd just save me the bucks and do it myself, but I dont want to end up with green hair.

Will brb.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 4:49am On Jan 07, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

No babyyyyyyyy. mwah mwah mwah kiss kiss

I was joking. Don't leave.

I'd be devasted if I don't still your royal blue italicized posts on NL sad

I'm serious tho. Even tho you've been a real bastard, you're aiight.

cry.... tongue
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 07, 2013
So I bought this today, but I'm not exactly sure on how to to use it tongue tongue

Kandii, master of hair dyer, help me grin grin

Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 07, 2013
الملكي فوق الله:

cry.... tongue

But. . . . but. . . . it's not even a month yet tongue
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 07, 2013
Ill Be Back March or April Biitches tongue

You Nairalanders are Safe for Now.

Bye My Queen. cool
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 5:09am On Jan 07, 2013
If you leave, I'll tell every one of your nemesis that I was the one who chased you off.

A mere little girl. Chasing off a self-proclaimed royal. tongue

How weak.

1 Like

Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 07, 2013
Thread derailed.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:46am On Jan 07, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
Type of Dog I want:

[size=28pt]Sporting Dogs[/size]

This dog breed is usually very alert and attentive. This makes them well likeable and overall they will have good character and personality. Popular breeds within this group are the Retrievers, Spaniels, Setters, Pointers and many more. Often very active dogs, potential owners should realize that they will need regular exercise.

Let's just say I want a huge, scary-looking dog.
I don't want a dog that sheds a lot.

1. Doberman Pinscher

2. German Shepherd

3. German Shorthaired Pointer

4. Great Dane (my #1 choice)

5. Labrador Retriever

6. Rottweiler

7. Siberian Husky

I'd get a Golden Retriever but they shed a lot. I don't want hair all over my clothes.

[b]All these breeds above are nice dogs, but I would like to introduce you to a breed called 'Ekuke'..

1. Average cost of an Ekuke - Puppy #500 Naira - #2500

2. Monthly maintanance cost is almost zero, depending on how you want to look at it. If you are too busy, just leave your gate open in the morning so the Ekuke can go out in the morning and hustle. By evening, it would come back fully fed. They also dont need regular vetinary check-ups. Just give them their required anti-rabies shot and they are good to go. They dont need to be groomed either or taken for long walks.

3. Feeding Cost.. Again, this is dependent. Ekuke can feed themselves.. But if you care too much, you can just pay your lacal mama put 5'k to be bring her leftovers in the evening.

4. Cleaning.. Ekuke baths itself.. its fur is short so does not require regular grooming.

5. Attention.. Ekuke no send you.. All it needs from you is shelter.. Feedings, bathing, healthcare and all it would provide for itself. Ekuke is a true hustler dog.

6. Size recommendation for grad student I will recommend a big sized Ekuke.. Since you are a student, a big Ekuke is more beneficial to you than a puppy. Incase you go broke, A big Ekuke sells faster than a puppy as any Akwa Ibom man in your area would pay a good price for a big, good looking Ekuke.. And you sef, incase you no see food, your big Ekuke can also feed you for some weeks.. Just kill it, put in the fridge and be eating it small small.. Thats like 1 native goat.

7. Training Ekuke does not need training.. It trains itself. Ekuke answers all names.. Bingo, Billie, hisssss, mtcheeewww, haaycee all it would answer. Ekuke will shiit outside your compound or room if you leave the door open. Ekuke no get time to bite anybody, too busy hustling for its daily bread.

For more details, contact me or your nearest Akwa Ibom man..

below are pictures of Ekukes hustling in Ondo State.. [/b]

7 Likes

Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 07, 2013
Wtf does ekuke mean!
***falls from palm tree***

LWKMD!
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 07, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Noooooooo!!! Ayam not confused lol.

I want adog with the characeristics you mentioned. But I'm not going to professional used the dog as a guard dog.

GSherperd = CUTE!!! But looks hairy. Seriously, I don't want to be walking around with dog hair all over my clothes. In addition to that, I also have a strong sense of small, so I want to minimize dog smell as much as I can.

We'll see how it pans out sha. You guys have more than helped me with my questions, goal accomplished.

I just wanted to be assured that I can afford a dog as a student and on a student paycheck.

you don't have to worry about the hairy features of the GSD,
my almost 2 years old German shepherd hardly sheds hair, that's cos its long haired, the Long haired GSD's shed less hair than the breeds with short hair.
If the dogs happens to shed regularly which i doubt will happen you can brush its hair outside say once in 2days, you can get all the equipments needed from a vet store. cheesy just bath and brush em regularly as directed
Concerning the smell thing all dogs smell, whether you buy a GSD or not you'll still have to allocate a small amount of money to buying chemicals and sprays to use on them, GSD do not produce smells as strong as those produced by other dog breeds i know. Your dogs smell when you don't take proper care of em.
Beautiful,versatile,guardian angel, athletic >> GERman shepherd tongue
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 07, 2013
Lol @ okija juju some of the dogs in that pic you uploaded aren't ekuke grin
Some are cross breeds who happened to fall into the hands of owners who aint dog lovers.
Still lmao grin grin
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:14am On Jan 07, 2013
hornipipe: Lol @ okija juju some of the dogs in that pic you uploaded aren't ekuke grin
Some are cross breeds who happened to fall into the hands of owners who aint dog lovers.
Still lmao grin grin

those ones wey you think say na crossbreeds, are actually Albino Ekuke.. Either ways, all these dogs get street credibility so all you have to do is just buy them, show them where their house is and leave them to fend for themselves.. grin
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:18am On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]All these breeds above are nice dogs, but I would like to introduce you to a breed called 'Ekuke'..

1. Average cost of an Ekuke - Puppy #500 Naira - #2500

2. Monthly maintanance cost is almost zero, depending on how you want to look at it. If you are too busy, just leave your gate open in the morning so the Ekuke can go out in the morning and hustle. By evening, it would come back fully fed. They also dont need regular vetinary check-ups. Just give them their required anti-rabies shot and they are good to go. They dont need to be groomed either or taken for long walks.

3. Feeding Cost.. Again, this is dependent. Ekuke can feed themselves.. But if you care too much, you can just pay your lacal mama put 5'k to be bring her leftovers in the evening.

4. Cleaning.. Ekuke baths itself.. its fur is short so does not require regular grooming.

5. Attention.. Ekuke no send you.. All it needs from you is shelter.. Feedings, bathing, healthcare and all it would provide for itself. Ekuke is a true hustler dog.

6. Size recommendation for grad student I will recommend a big sized Ekuke.. Since you are a student, a big Ekuke is more beneficial to you than a puppy. Incase you go broke, A big Ekuke sells faster than a puppy as any Akwa Ibom man in your area would pay a good price for a big, good looking Ekuke.. And you sef, incase you no see food, your big Ekuke can also feed you for some weeks.. Just kill it, put in the fridge and be eating it small small.. Thats like 1 native goat.

7. Training Ekuke does not need training.. It trains itself. Ekuke answers all names.. Bingo, Billie, hisssss, mtcheeewww, haaycee all it would answer. Ekuke will shiit outside your compound or room if you leave the door open. Ekuke no get time to bite anybody, too busy hustling for its daily bread.

For more details, contact me or your nearest Akwa Ibom man..

below are pictures of Ekukes hustling in Ondo State.. [/b]

Rotflmao

High Priest Alusi
You are in the spirit

Abeg this kpakpa you dey take before you post these things be like na original, give me your supplier link biko.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

those ones wey you think say na crossbreeds, are actually Albino Ekuke.. Either ways, all these dogs get street credibility so all you have to do is just buy them, show them where their house is and leave them to fend for themselves.. grin
hahaha grin grin i don't think ileke wants any of em.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by kandiikane(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
So I bought this today, but I'm not exactly sure on how to to use it tongue tongue

Kandii, master of hair dyer, help me grin grin

Sorry, I went to bed. grin

Does that have henna in it?

You should have gotten one from dark and lovely.

Is it semi-permanent?
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Aringarosa(m): 1:36am On Jan 08, 2013
@Okija - You are hilarious! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy you got me lmao!!!!

@ileke - If you want a huge, scary-looking dog, I'd advice you to Go for a Great Dane aka German mastiff aka Duetch dogg. I have got one, and they are relatively less expensive in terms of upkeep and they don't shed either.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by aglomar: 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
@ Ileke Idi: I know a hunter in a suburb of Oyo who wants to sell him dog.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by sarutobie(m): 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
Puppies are better because they can easily be trained to one's taste..'You can't teach an old dog new tricks'..that said..
1.If you want mean looking,imposing and very alert dogs,I will suggest you get a doberman pinscher or a rothweiler..they are excellent watchdogs..and also good with kids(always supervise them though)
2.If you want a good watchdog with friendly traits,the german shepherd or Alsatian is an excellent choice.there is a reason they are used by the police all over the globe..but the Op said she/he doesn't want dogs that shed..its natural with dogs..
3.If you want an indoor but good and children friendly watchdog, you can also go for the Labrador..we had one back in the 90's..they are wonderful with children but can get over protective of them with a stranger.......contact me if you need pure pedigrees..
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by siriyke(m): 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
I just luv d mastiff! think it will be a nice start.

Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Oahray: 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
Lmao @okija_juju grin grin
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
I have 2 German Shepherds. I spend an average of 20,000 naira monthly on their upkeep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Troops Recover And Return 218 Cows To Owners In Plateau / Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident / Adeola Dada Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.