Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Dog Owners, Please Help. - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dog Owners, Please Help. (16340 Views)

Happy New Year Nigerian Dog Owners / For Dog Owners In Nigeria / For Dog Owners In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 09, 2013
Is there no Calabar man here that knows how to train a dog .. tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by freshdude: 2:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
Serbian husky cool
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by henry007(m): 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
hornipipe: lol a pitbull ? i was thinking its a boerboel, it looks like my boerbull bought it from southafrica although the attached pix are old haven't got time to take new ones,maybe tomorrow.
How come your pitbull isn't aggressive, who was the trainer? Where did you train it?
to me any unaggressive dog is useless.
Rhat is not a pit bull
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
ileke ooooo hummmm
grin grin grin grin
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
henry007: Rhat is not a pit bull
he said it it undecided
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by lagosruby: 3:11am On Jan 10, 2013
ROTFL Okija_juju Great Danes are very rare and built like a Polo Pony!
Sincerely they cost a fortune to maintain and the price is aimed at
people who might just buy them without considering the commitment.
I am shocked to tell you we have actually received 5 bookings and deposits
since yesterday!
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 4:25am On Jan 10, 2013
lagosruby: ROTFL Okija_juju Great Danes are very rare and built like a Polo Pony!
Sincerely they cost a fortune to maintain and the price is aimed at
people who might just buy them without considering the commitment.
I am shocked to tell you we have actually received 5 bookings and deposits
since yesterday!

I's shocking to me too. A dog for N1m?

You must be joking undecided
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 4:42am On Jan 10, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

I's shocking to me too. A dog for N1m?

You must be joking undecided
Especially for an unborn one.
His jokes crack me up. grin

1 Like

Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Ishilove: 7:17am On Jan 10, 2013
Brand_new:
What if the visitors are potential suitors with great prospects?
Na fucck up be that!
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 10, 2013
Goodmorning Ishilove smiley
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by naptu2: 8:07am On Jan 10, 2013
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by dowjones(m): 10:45am On Jan 10, 2013
only a COMPLETELY IGNORANT FOOL who suffers from early symptoms of mental illness and brain hemorrhage will buy a great dane for 1 million.

the average price of a great Dane is $1000 excluding shipping + other paperwork.

Great Danes are NOT ATHLETIC they tire easily and most usually die of heart problems and yeah, they are called GENTLE GIANTS because they are not that fierce. a pissed off rottweiller will have it for supper and rotweillers ain't even wicked. If you want a beast for a dog check out

Dogo Argentino. and
Presa canario

and pls don't forget to check out how many countries and state in the u.s have banned this dogs
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 10, 2013
dowjones: only a COMPLETELY IGNORANT FOOL who suffers from early symptoms of mental illness and brain hemorrhage will buy a great dane for 1 million.

the average price of a great Dane is $1000 excluding shipping + other paperwork.

Great Danes are NOT ATHLETIC they tire easily and most usually die of heart problems and yeah, they are called GENTLE GIANTS because they are not that fierce. a pissed off rottweiller will have it for supper and rotweillers ain't even wicked. If you want a beast for a dog check out

Dogo Argentino. and
Presa canario

and pls don't forget to check out how many countries and state in the u.s have banned this dogs
grin grin grin
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
dowjones: only a COMPLETELY IGNORANT FOOL who suffers from early symptoms of mental illness and brain hemorrhage will buy a great dane for 1 million.

Dogo Argentino. and
Presa canario

Hellz no grin

Make I no bite wetin I no fit chew lol.

They look like they'd be mean to their owners sad
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
Brand_new:
Especially for an unborn one.
His jokes crack me up. grin

lol abi. I hope na joke sha
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by henry007(m): 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
The great Dane in question would end up looking different from the champions u see on YouTube.anyone who buys this for 500k or even 250k is a fool!
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by dowjones(m): 12:06am On Jan 11, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Hellz no grin

Make I no bite wetin I no fit chew lol.

They look like they'd be mean to their owners sad

fighting dogs are famous for their blind loyalty towards their owners (even cruel owners). you should be more concerned about the legality of the breed ownership in your country. Last time I checked, the dogo was banned in at least 8 countries.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 11, 2013
I live in the States and I find it funny how fast Nigerians are in ignoring their local breed! I hope you know that the local Nigerian dogs are the best in the world. Loyal, brave, caring, playful and compassionate almost like our women! when are we going to know that God has blessed us with the best of everything, all these flashy things are just packaging, take care of your local breed of dog and a better companion you will never have
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Ishilove: 9:08am On Jan 11, 2013
Gogobiri Lalas: I live in the States and I find it funny how fast Nigerians are in ignoring their local breed! I hope you know that the local Nigerian dogs are the best in the world. Loyal, brave, caring, playful and compassionate almost like our women! when are we going to know that God has blessed us with the best of everything, all these flashy things are just packaging, take care of your local breed of dog and a better companion you will never have
Yes indeed. Take my sweetheart, Innocent, for example. He was very loyal, fierce but sweet and very playful. The best friend anyone could ever wish for. He could have taken a bullet for me without thinking twice. Unfortunately he died on Wednesday from a liver infection. sad

*sob* cry cry

1 Like

Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 11, 2013
Ishilove:
Yes indeed. Take my sweetheart, Innocent, for example. He was very loyal, fierce but sweet and very playful. The best friend anyone could ever wish for. He could have taken a bullet for me without thinking twice. Unfortunately he died on Wednesday from a liver infection. sad

*sob* cry cry
*sobs* I'm so sorry 'bout that
*offer her a white handkerchief*
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by lagosruby: 1:21pm On Jan 11, 2013
Guys

Please do the research b4 saying what you don't know!

100% Full Breed Great Dane (From UK cause AKC standard is not the same) £1000 each however a big Male dog due the stud fees he can earn can reach up to £2000
but its not necessary to buy this type of dog for a pet.
Purchase dogs at 12 - 16 weeks UK do not vaccinate dogs against rabies until 6mths and to import a dog into Nigeria from the UK you must have a rabies shot
done and then wait for an additional month before shipping.
During this time these dogs have to be kept in a quarantine kennel which cost about £25 per day.
Shipping for Great Danes at this age cost a fortune cause they are heavy and huge! A heavy male can cost £4000 to ship!
Then they may not survive the trip or as others have mentioned due their weak heart some don't acclimatise and die cause people don't know how to manage them.
They eat on average 2 bags of dry food + 2 kg of petmince a week = 2 x 8kg bags = 10K pet mince 2k
So sincerely don't be fooled into thinking this is a simple process.
All dogs have actually been reserved no funds have been taken but all homes have been reviewed and their ability to cater for the dogs confirmed.
Actually 2 will be going to homes for free cause their owners are more capable than others that have offered us the money!
This is not a business and there is no profits involved but to house these pups in homes that can financially manage the cost and physically manage
the taking care of the dogs is our reason for pricing them like this.
Only people that have tried to ship them in and failed or people that really know the breed understand their value!
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by dowjones(m): 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ishilove:

*sob* cry cry

I'm sorry for your loss. I love animals more than humans
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
dowjones:

for real ? grin grin grin
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by lagosruby: 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2013
@ishilove so sorry to hear about your dog. I couldn't agree more about the local dogs.
Once they are treated right and feed properly they handle the Nigerian environment much
better. The reason we brought in Danes is because as a family that's all we ever owned so
I would feel strange looking after another breed.
But if we have any extra pups would you like to take one? It's obviously not going to replace
the one you lost but will definitely fill the gap! Just confirm that your ok at managing the
cost of the food.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Ishilove: 3:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
lagosruby: @ishilove so sorry to hear about your dog. I couldn't agree more about the local dogs.
Once they are treated right and feed properly they handle the Nigerian environment much
better. The reason we brought in Danes is because as a family that's all we ever owned so
I would feel strange looking after another breed.
But if we have any extra pups would you like to take one? It's obviously not going to replace
the one you lost but will definitely fill the gap! Just confirm that your ok at managing the
cost of the food.
Well, no dog can ever replace my Innocent sad cry, but I guess I will have to give it a try.

Thank you for the kind consideration. Yes, I don't mind having one of your pups. Feeding it won't be a problem. sad

(This just breaks my heart). sad
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Ishilove: 3:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
dowjones:

Thanks.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ishilove:

*sob* cry cry

eyah, sorry.
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
Kandii, get your skinny sef in here
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
so what race will you buy?
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Ishilove: 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: so what race will you buy?
Race ke?!

You mean "BREED"?? undecided
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Ishilove: 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

eyah, sorry.
Thanks sad
Re: Dog Owners, Please Help. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ishilove:
Race ke?!

You mean "BREED"?? undecided
yeah , my bad there is no difference in french. so ileke which breed will you buy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Troops Recover And Return 218 Cows To Owners In Plateau / Trailer Driver Smashes Vehicles To Escape Accident / Adeola Dada Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.