Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC (6472 Views)

Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 / Alex Badeh House In Abuja Seized By The EFCC - Pictured / Banned Items Seized By Nigerian Customs Including Over 300 Cars. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 05, 2013
The former governor of Bayelsa State; Mr Timipre Sylva has denied ownership of 48 houses seized by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission; EFCC on Thursday.

Officials of the anti-graft agency sealing one of the buildings in Abuja.

The spokesperson for the former governor; Mr Doifie Ola on Friday said none of the former governor’s properties has been seized by the anti-graft agency.

He told Channels Television in Abuja that the former governor does not own any 48 properties in Abuja or anywhere in the world

He further explained that all the properties owned by his boss were aptly declared ahead of his swearing as the elected governor of Bayelsa state.

Mr Ola described the prosecution of the former governor as being politically motivated and that there is no court order directing the seizure of properties belonging to the former governor.

Meanwhile the anti-graft agency said it has valid court orders as officials of the anti-graft agency commenced the sealing of some of the properties allegedly belonging to the Mr Sylva within the nation’s capital.

The court order provided by EFCC reads : “that an interim order is hereby made temporarily attaching the properties listed in the schedule to this application to enable the applicant investigate the alleged complaint submitted to it against the respondent in respect of the said properties listed in the schedule and attached to this order.”

The order is for two weeks only and has only nine properties listed in the schedule.

Despite the controversy over this order, the question of who owns these houses is yet to be answered.

Mr Silva is facing charges of misappropriating N6.46 billion state funds while in office.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/04/sylva-denies-ownership-of-48-buildings-seized-by-efcc/
http://wazobiadaily..com/2013/01/sylva-denies-ownership-of-48-buildings.html
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by Omexonomy: 6:11am On Jan 05, 2013
Somtimes security agencies tell lies to the public for people to know that they are working. A very good example are frank mba the former police spokesman for lagos state and efcc spokesman.

1 Like

Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by cockyjay: 6:22am On Jan 05, 2013
Hmm interesting turn of events. Why would he deny his loot?
Instead of him to plead not guilty, get 3 years in jail then come back to enjoy his loot
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by Chanchit: 7:51am On Jan 05, 2013
This Efcc is just a political organisation used to punish wayward politicians, anyway since d man has disowned his properties, they should sell it nau.

1 Like

Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by BootyOnMe: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2013
This man must have committed more sins than Jesus Christ himself! grin
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by kittykat1(f): 10:49am On Jan 05, 2013
They are mine joor. I will defend my source of income.

2 Likes

Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by brownlord: 10:51am On Jan 05, 2013
THIS SPACE / BUILDING IS NOT 4 SALE
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 05, 2013
I dey laf in swahili language so tey my weed don dey burn out from my hand. Oga sylver na real sharp man wey no want wahala, abeg mek una tek d house leave d guyman since he no won collect rent from d occupants again. Chieee nija ma country ma fad land ma modahouse . All of dem na washhhhhhhy
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by Ayomax(m): 10:56am On Jan 05, 2013
naija !!!!!! I hate this country so much
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by valicious1(m): 11:00am On Jan 05, 2013
C ur lyf!

1 Like

Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by Decapo: 11:08am On Jan 05, 2013
Na him twin bro get am now
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by dady12: 11:13am On Jan 05, 2013
i beg efcc abi na wetin den dey caller,the house is na house,make una remove una yeye thgs comut,i never be governor for my life but i dey dream to become the governor of my state by 2015 and president of banana repulblics call naija by 2019,then i will make the economic solid like stone follow by GEJ in jail
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by dady12: 11:14am On Jan 05, 2013
BootyOnMe: This man must have committed more sins than Jesus Christ himself! grin
make God have mercy on you

2 Likes

Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by uwish: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2013
BootyOnMe: This man must have committed more sins than Jesus Christ himself! grin
Point of correction: Jésus Christ was never a sinner but died 4 de sins of mankind

3 Likes

Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by expertman(m): 11:32am On Jan 05, 2013
I advise this man to go and beg Gej cos Gej is a wicked silent killer. Hmm is a lesson to you Never point ur elders on their nose Remember Bode George.
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by slimming: 11:36am On Jan 05, 2013
Good for him to deny it.
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by vega84(m): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2013
[quote author=BootyOnMe]This man must have committed more sins than Jesus Christ himself! May the words of ur mouth bring destrution to u and ur family fr generation to come ewu hausa!
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by egift(m): 11:49am On Jan 05, 2013
Is it not the same EFCC running google adverts for months with this banner?

If he said its not his the govt should sell them and get it over with (my only fear is that they will loot the proceed).

Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by Estrada(m): 11:52am On Jan 05, 2013

Dude watch what you say.

1 Like

Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by anonymous419: 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2013

ignorance and foolishness
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by Teejayphillip(m): 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2013

I can simply say u r on a CHEAP DRUG... Ow on earth will u pronounce such word?.. I criously SMH 4 u..
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by confusion247(m): 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
All hands is on desk now to confuse Nigerians even more. Whom are we to believe now, dead EFCC or The accused?
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by ubong560(m): 1:47pm On Jan 05, 2013
Just watched dat news on channev tv now and i was like, WTF. O boy, see buildings. Jesus Christ of Nigeria-hmmm sorry Nasareth. We are really in a big doom. How would Nigeria not be at its present state wen just an individual loots N6.48b to create such assets 4 himself just becos he was made d governor of a state. Nigeria as a nation deserves pity than even d worst cripple in d street. Zap d leaders-hmm looters. MORE CALAMITIES SHALL BEFALL THEM WHEREVER THEY ARE-AMEN!
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by Mehiedu(m): 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
wetin him 4 talk
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by palugycolina(m): 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2013

Guy are you normal at all?
May GOD forgive ur health issues..
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by mexzony: 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
tonye4q: The former governor of Bayelsa State; Mr Timipre Sylva has denied ownership of 48 houses seized by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission; EFCC on Thursday.

Officials of the anti-graft agency sealing one of the buildings in Abuja.

The spokesperson for the former governor; Mr Doifie Ola on Friday said none of the former governor’s properties has been seized by the anti-graft agency.

He told Channels Television in Abuja that the former governor does not own any 48 properties in Abuja or anywhere in the world

He further explained that all the properties owned by his boss were aptly declared ahead of his swearing as the elected governor of Bayelsa state.

Mr Ola described the prosecution of the former governor as being politically motivated and that there is no court order directing the seizure of properties belonging to the former governor.

Meanwhile the anti-graft agency said it has valid court orders as officials of the anti-graft agency commenced the sealing of some of the properties allegedly belonging to the Mr Sylva within the nation’s capital.

The court order provided by EFCC reads : “that an interim order is hereby made temporarily attaching the properties listed in the schedule to this application to enable the applicant investigate the alleged complaint submitted to it against the respondent in respect of the said properties listed in the schedule and attached to this order.”

The order is for two weeks only and has only nine properties listed in the schedule.

Despite the controversy over this order, the question of who owns these houses is yet to be answered.

Mr Silva is facing charges of misappropriating N6.46 billion state funds while in office.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/04/sylva-denies-ownership-of-48-buildings-seized-by-efcc/
http://wazobiadaily..com/2013/01/sylva-denies-
ownership-of-48-buildings.html
Is there anything that is not politcally motivated? i keep hearing this phrase all the time.
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by 77ken: 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
This same man n his goon of lawyers tried to overturn the verdict of court. They failed n now he is denying ownership of course they are not his. They should be sold n cash given to his state.
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by tutu1: 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
Our fake police when na newspaper them take they carry out investigation GEJ Godiswatching You

1 Like

Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by Afritop(m): 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY IS ANONYMOUS HERE IN NAIJA. AND WHEN THE COAST IS CLEAR WE WILL BEGIN TO SEE THE REAL OWNER
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by YuzedoII: 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
kitty kat: They are mine joor. I will defend my source of income.
grin
Re: Sylva Denies Ownership Of 48 Buildings Seized By EFCC by christextension: 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
in this very drama,if at all i will believe any party,it has to be sylva,it is not possible for a single term govnor to own 48 houses,efcc should cross check their information.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. / Faces Of Keepers Of The Secret Of Buhari's Death ~ Nnamdi Kanu(ipob) / Fight Breaks Out In Onitsha Head-bridge Between Hausas & Igbos (Feb 10, 2012)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.