Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. (6480 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / We “ll not tolerate undemocratic military operations in South East – Igbo Reps / BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by Gentle99(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ben Murray Bruce, the senator representing Bayelsa East and the chairman of Silverbird Group, had over the weekend cited the civil war, otherwise known as the Biafran War, as the reason why Nigeria has not grown technologically.
Senator Murray Bruce who was in Aba, stated this on Saturday, August 27, 2016, while addressing the International Youth Day Conference which was organised by the Vision Alive Empowerment under the recognition of the United Nations, UN.
While speaking on the theme, “How To Make A Good Choice While At The Youthful Age,” the senator revealed more about his youthful age stating that the right choice he made during his youth led him to become a successful businessman.
He explained why Nigeria is not growing in the tech world, and why technology is not contributing to the Nigeria’s economy.
“Nigeria is moving backward because they think that they are smart, and they do everything possible to erase the Nigeria/Biafra civil war in the history by burning and destroying all the tech tools which Biafrans used during the civil war,” Bruce was quoted as saying.
“Igbos are the most successful people in Nigeria today, both tech and business, even before and after the civil war, Igbos has been advanced more than other tribes, that’s why the other tribe in Nigeria can’t do without them.”
Furthermore, the senator said, had Nigeria keep those tech tools and maintain the history of the civil war, with the massive tech tools owned by the Biafrans, Nigeria would have excelled worldwide and make a good fortune out of it.
“Look at United State of America today, most of their technology experts are not Americans and most of their tools they use are Chinese owned tools, because during those days Chinese were like slave to them and they see the potentials inside the Chinese and utilized it.
“Likewise, when Nigeria thinks that they have defeated Biafrans during the civil war, that was when General Yakubu Gowon declared ‘no victor no vanquish.’ Had Nigeria kept those Biafran tech tools they used during the civil war and utilized them, you can imagine where Nigeria would have been today in the technology world.
“Nigeria thinks they played a smart deal by burning it and destroying it because they are afraid of Biafra and it has always been their worst nightmare, but they made a big mistake and it has drawn us backward rather than forward in the technology world today.
“Nigeria can’t stand without the South East. Also the Igbos, South East precisely should focus on their God gifted gift and maybe politics isn’t their calling, they have been technologically and Business endowed.
“Igbos are blessed, South East are blessed, only if they can look beyond Nigeria politics and focus on the God gifted talent, they will excel, and be great again.
“Seceding or agitation isn’t the solution only if they can realize their great potentials and focused on it, develop and build South East, look beyond Nigeria politics, since it seems like it’s not their calling,” he added.
Addressing the youths, the senator said, “make a good choice today so that your future will justify you. Stop thinking what a mortal man sitting on the Aso Rock can do for you and start thinking how you can be great to yourself.
Furthermore, every human is gifted only if you can find and develop the potentials in you.”

Fellow nairalanders, tell your self the truth, is this true?
Source: timeexpress.click.
Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by sarrki(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
What he's saying is

No region is indispensable

There is strength in unity

SE can't also stand alone

I agree somehow

2 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by IVORY2009(m): 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:
What he's saying is
I agree somehow

What is between u and the igbos? Any thread about them, u are der....

28 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by nwasinachi(f): 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
Thk u Ben, but unfortunately for Nigeria, South east is fed up of d so called unity and want a new country called Biafra.

22 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by Saint52(m): 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2016
Anyone who thinks Biafra cant stand alone, Give us Freedom and see if we can stand alone or not.

10 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by Gentle99(m): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:
What he's saying is

I agree somehow

If you think that no region is indispensable, let FG grant full autonomy to each of the federating regions lets see which region would call for help. FG knows that once Biafra is achieved, Nigeria would become an international laughing stock cause Biafra would be at par with USA, China, South Korea, Japan and might even surpass them ( and UK inclusive). They have the brain, the talent, the zeal and hand to develop Nigeria but FG and other Nigerians would not allow them. What is the most diverse tribe in Nigeria. Igbos are patriotic but Nigerians don't see that. Lagos population is about two-fourth( 2/4) Igbos. Go to VI, Ikoyi, Lekki, VGC, Ishodi, Lagos as a whole, Kano, Kaduna, kwarra, Ondo, till the last hamlet in Nigeria, Igbos are there. The Hausas are everywhere to scavenge, beg and to take their cattle to pastures. Yorubas don't even go at all. I tell you, Igbos are the most patriotic tribe in Lagos. Take it or go fu*k yo mother.

26 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by FunkyMetahuman: 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
Saint52:
Anyone who thinks Biafra cant stand alone, Give us Freedom and see if we can stand alone or not.
are you a slave that you are begging for freedom?

If you want to leave Nigeria, do the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by updatechange(m): 5:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
Oh boy eh! I salute ur courage Biafra would be at par with USA, China, South Korea, Japan and might even surpass them ( and UK inclusive) bros take am easy now..., Do you know when these countries u mentioned started and where they are today...? Well maybe u are being overwhelmed by the quote of Mr Ben, but realistically u re not in anyway close not to talk of par or surpassing them. You wat? i think u ppl should stop ranting and engage in all this things u boasts of. Beating your chest for what u cant do or never did is just like a blind man leading a blind man. And if its true that ibos have the brains and talent, then we should have seen ur jets rocking our skies atleast u have everything abi FG still didnt allow u to utilise ur God's gift? or ur still waiting for FG to grant full autonomy? u ppl should keep deceiving urself of how great u r; Great on internet but hopeless and futile in reality.Rubbish!
Gentle99:

[s]
If you think that no region is indispensable, let FG grant full autonomy to each of the federating regions lets see which region would call for help. FG knows that once Biafra is achieved, Nigeria would become an international laughing stock cause Biafra would be at par with USA, China, South Korea, Japan and might even surpass them ( and UK inclusive). They have the brain, the talent, the zeal and hand to develop Nigeria but FG and other Nigerians would not allow them. What is the most diverse tribe in Nigeria. Igbos are patriotic but Nigerians don't see that. Lagos population is about two-fourth( 2/4) Igbos. Go to VI, Ikoyi, Lekki, VGC, Ishodi, Lagos as a whole, Kano, Kaduna, kwarra, Ondo, till the last hamlet in Nigeria, Igbos are there. The Hausas are everywhere to scavenge, beg and to take their cattle to pastures. Yorubas don't even go at all. I tell you, Igbos are the most patriotic tribe in Lagos. Take it or go fu*k yo mother.
[/s]

12 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by APCsupporter: 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
You mean Nigeria or PDP?

2 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
APCsupporter:
You mean Nigeria or PDP?
Definitely PDP

3 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by sarrki(m): 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2016
IVORY2009:

What is between u and the igbos? Any thread about them, u are der....

Are we not brothers

They are my people

Only ipob & kanu are not my people

1 Like

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by Justiceleague1: 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:
What he's saying is

I agree somehow

of what concern is that to u,na by 4ce? Leave den to suffer alone..theres always light at the end of the tunnel. Isnt czech republic and slovakia doing fine? Nø be dem be czekoslovakia before? Nø be un supervise their separation when dem discorver say they arent compactible and cannot exist together? Wetin dey worri dis sarrki baba agba sef,haba! I am edo,ND,i support ipob.

FriendChoice:

Definitely PDP
this zombie structure døn navigate in afonja arsse land here. grin

4 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by EMMYLBANKS(m): 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
you are saying the truth
Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by IVORY2009(m): 6:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:

Are we not brothers
They are my people
Only ipob & kanu are not my people
grin Tell ur president to try everyone as one!
Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by Favorite1: 6:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
Enough of these theories and assumptions, if they want to go, LET THEM GO!!!

2 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by sarrki(m): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
IVORY2009:

grin
Tell ur president to try everyone as one!

A child must respect show remorse first

He's Everly to embrace everyone
Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by sarrki(m): 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
IVORY2009:

grin
Tell ur president to try everyone as one!

He will my brother

Pls let's use this medium nairaland gave us to promote

Unity, love and harmony among brethren
Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by walemoney007(m): 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
Saint52:
what's stopping your house of assembly members to raise the motion for the secession of the south east

1 Like

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by ificatchmodeh: 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2016
But why is nigerians scared of letting the ibos leave the union.

Just want to know..

2 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by geez18(m): 7:48pm On Sep 29, 2016
as much as we appreciate the vote of confidence, we (the Igbos) have passed a vote of no confidence on this charade of an entity called Nigeria. this is a classic case of two strange bedfellows, we've come to the end our patience and the only logical thing now is dissolution.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by geez18(m): 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
as much as we appreciate the vote of confidence, we (the Igbos) have passed a vote of no confidence on this charade of an entity called Nigeria. this is a classic case of two strange bedfellows, we've come to the end of our patience and the only logical thing now is dissolution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by IVORY2009(m): 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:

He will my brother

Pls let's use this medium nairaland gave us to promote

Unity, love and harmony among brethren

Of-course, we must all see ourselves as one, irrespective of party affiliation, which I know bring disunity among members of this great forum, we must continue to preach unity amount everyone.

Cheers!
Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by vengertime: 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
Double wahala for zombies. They will crucify this man. Today

5 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by mightyhazell: 8:05pm On Sep 29, 2016
Gentle99:

brilliant and fact studded!

7 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by vengertime: 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
sarrki:
What he's saying is

I agree somehow

am sorry for you

4 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by JimiOgunlola: 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
updatechange:
[s]Oh boy eh! I salute ur courage Biafra would be at par with USA, China, South Korea, Japan and might even surpass them ( and UK inclusive) bros take am easy now..., Do you know when these countries u mentioned started and where they are today...? Well maybe u are being overwhelmed by the quote of Mr Ben, but realistically u re not in anyway close not to talk of par or surpassing them. You wat? i think u ppl should stop ranting and engage in all this things u boasts of. Beating your chest for what u cant do or never did is just like a blind man leading a blind man. And if its true that ibos have the brains and talent, then we should have seen ur jets rocking our skies atleast u have everything abi FG still didnt allow u to utilise ur God's gift? or ur still waiting for FG to grant full autonomy? u ppl should keep deceiving urself of how great u r; Great on internet but hopeless and futile in reality.Rubbish![/s]

Why the thing pepper you like this? Biafra people say they will be at par with the best in the world, did that remove the meat in your ewedu soup. Is it your bussiness how they validate themselves and what dreams they have the right to dream.
Why are you bent on living with Chestbeaters and still throwing smelly spit all over the place in protest about their chestbeating attitude?

Na curse them curse yorubas, make them feel inferior anytime Biafrans elevate themself? Why you dey diagrace yoruba race. Biafrans say make you no elevate yourself for yorubaland?
See lamentations oh....grin cheesy

Victorvezx the muslim oshogboite, abeg come join ya broda lament. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by updatechange(m): 12:10am On Oct 05, 2016
JimiOgunlola:

Why the thing pepper you like this? Biafra people say they will be at par with the best in the world, did that remove the meat in your ewedu soup. Is it your bussiness how they validate themselves and what dreams they have the right to dream.
Why are you bent on living with Chestbeaters and still throwing smelly spit all over the place in protest about their chestbeating attitude?

Na curse them curse yorubas, make them feel inferior anytime Biafrans elevate themself? Why you dey diagrace yoruba race. Biafrans say make you no elevate yourself for yorubaland?
See lamentations oh....grin cheesy

Victorvezx the muslim oshogboite, abeg come join ya broda lament. grin
Bro soory oo, I no no say d tin enter u like DAT o.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by Amberon: 2:31am On Oct 05, 2016
Every other thing was correct except the bolded. Lol...Rome wasn't built in a day.
Gentle99:

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by Gentle99(m): 7:50am On Oct 18, 2016
updatechange:
Oh boy eh! I salute ur courage Biafra would be at par with USA, China, South Korea, Japan and might even surpass them ( and UK inclusive) bros take am easy now..., Do you know when these countries u mentioned started and where they are today...? Well maybe u are being overwhelmed by the quote of Mr Ben, but realistically u re not in anyway close not to talk of par or surpassing them. You wat? i think u ppl should stop ranting and engage in all this things u boasts of. Beating your chest for what u cant do or never did is just like a blind man leading a blind man. And if its true that ibos have the brains and talent, then we should have seen ur jets rocking our skies atleast u have everything abi FG still didnt allow u to utilise ur God's gift? or ur still waiting for FG to grant full autonomy? u ppl should keep deceiving urself of how great u r; Great on internet but hopeless and futile in reality.Rubbish! [/s]

Minus 49years from Korea and Japan and tell me where they were then? How many years did it take to build Dubai? How many years did it take Singapore to become one of the best? Who supplies Nigerian Airforce spare parts? Don't you know that it is Innoson? Where is it? Minus pre colonially developed Lagos and Govt. built Abuja and tell me a region wey South East no dey ahead of? Lowest poverty rate, where do you find it? South East. Lowest Unemployment rate, where do you find it? South East. Self Sustainable states in Nigeria, where do you find it? South East. Despite being abandoned, South East is always leading in all aspect. Imagine what would have happened if they are politically independent. Do you think It wouldn't make the list? Bros ee! Your analogy sucks! Accept the truth bros. Wasn't Germany and UK world power before? Where are they now? Next time, search your brain well before you open your mouth to blab.

8 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by updatechange(m): 10:45am On Oct 18, 2016
Hmm funny...
I read ur comment and it amuses me, how on earth would you compare any of SE states with SW states..?
Now let me Educate you, when did innoson started supplying NAF spare part...? (March 2016) and u gave illustrations as if its been doing it since 1960, and over 80% of it were all imported. Now Lets take OYO state for instance, The records, landmarks and firsts attached to the state alone beats the records both past and present of the whole SE states, like... the first sky scrapper in Africa was in Ib, The first University, the first TV in Africa, First radio, first dualized road, First sport Stadium,.. i can go on and on, first teaching hospital, the first IITA...where were you the so called developer of Lagos then?, Probably still walking around naked and bare footed with your kings. When Senior secondary schs started functioning here, your grand fathers were still cultivating ugwu in ur red sanded land without the knowledge of what a Biro is. Now using Korea n Japan as an example shows how dumb u re, because u knw where Lagos is when u talk about development and infrastructure, u knw were Ogun state is talking abt investors and IGRs... Is it that ur ugwu you ppl want to use to build ur states to attain the height of Japan, UK, America, China...? I lafff in Spanish, keep dream bro!
Gentle99:

Minus 49years from Korea and Japan and tell me where they were then? How many years did it take to build Dubai? How many years did it take Singapore to become one of the best? Who supplies Nigerian Airforce spare parts? Don't you know that it is Innoson? Where is it? Minus pre colonially developed Lagos and Govt. built Abuja and tell me a region wey South East no dey ahead of? Lowest poverty rate, where do you find it? South East. Lowest Unemployment rate, where do you find it? South East. Self Sustainable states in Nigeria, where do you find it? South East. Despite being abandoned, South East is always leading in all aspect. Imagine what would have happened if they are politically independent. Do you think It wouldn't make the list? Bros ee! Your analogy sucks! Accept the truth bros. Wasn't Germany and UK world power before? Where are they now? Next time, search your brain well before you open your mouth to blab.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Nigeria Can't Stand Without South East/igbo- Ben Murray Bruce. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:51am On Oct 18, 2016
What does he mean by igbos don't have a calling in politics?
Is he mad?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigerdeltans Don't Want To Be Part Of Biafra Ex President Goodluck Jonathan / Nnamdi KANU : Ubiaja In Esan South East Edo Is Igbo Land -photo / Lalong Sends Bill Which Will Encourage Ranching To Plateau Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.