Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target (1709 Views)

Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun / Why Rivers State Poeple Will Miss Ameachi / Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by wesley80(m): 6:26am On Jan 05, 2013
Please pay attention to the highlighted.

Rivers State government has explained why its much-touted power supply adequacy did not come true on or before December 31, 2012 as earlier promised. Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi had given two previous deadlines on power supply none of which was realised. On New Year day, the governor officially admitted the failure but blamed the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) for the failure. “We had promised to deliver on 24-hour power supply by the end of 2012. Unfortunately we couldn’t meet this deadline, as we still need the PHCN to hook us up and grant us the requisite permission to distribute”. Rivers State began its power quest in 2000. Between then and now, the state has built up 560 megawatts and on the way to a target of over 750 megawatts. The state has also completed four power stations (Trans-Amadi, Eleme, Omoku and Afam), 26 power injection sub-stations to help move the 560 megawatts of power currently generated by our four power stations and import from the national grid, etc. “The most important milestone, perhaps, recorded in the past year on the way to achieving the power target is the support given to a firm, Four Power Consortium (4PC), to win the bid for sale of the Port Harcourt Distribution Company”. The governor said with this success, “We believe we should be able to gradually deliver on this promise to our people. We are certain that with the massive investments government has made in the power sector we are close to meeting our promise to our people”. Government has invested heavily in its power supply adequacy quest, hoping to hit target in 2012. In the out-gone budget year, the state government sunk a whopping N25.16 billion. A committee set up in 2011 had estimated N70 billion as what would complete the power projects and deliver on the promise. The state is building 28 new injection sub-stations in the state which would help stabilise the distribution network and bring power to households. In the present year, the governor has set aside N15 billion to continue the power adequacy scheme aimed at creating an industrial base. The governor said, “In the year 2013, most ongoing projects in the power sub-sector will be completed. We are budgeting N15 billion to accomplish this, including our rural electrification projects. We have taken significant steps in using the 4-Power Consortium Ltd. to facilitate the distribution of electricity to all parts of the state in 2013. The 28 new injection sub-stations are expected to be completed in 2013 to stabilise distribution network and bring stable power to our people”.
businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/power/49846-why-rivers-failed-to-meet-2012-power-supply-target-by-amaechi-
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by wesley80(m): 6:27am On Jan 05, 2013
This really isn't about Rivers and Amaechi but about the set of posters (hereafter refered to as Mofos) who accused the president of "lying" in saying Nigeria had generated more than 5000MW of power in an interview last year. Isnt it now obvious that the President was aware of unevacuated power as the highlighted above proves? But No, these ones had a job to do.

Mofo 1, who seems very happy and desperate to impress it on us that he's got more sense on his fingers than his entire body put together wrote us a speech:

GARRI (x7):
Press Release: The Presidency, The Shame of a Nation by Garri (x7)

Goodluck Egbere "Agbaya" Jonathan is one public office holder who seems to stagger from one pillar of shame to a post of disgrace and infamy. Never before has a President lied blatantly to a nation as GEJ has been doing with reckless abandon.

He does all he can to misinform and deceive Nigerians on various issues even when telling the truth wouldn't bring a negative outcome.

Jonathan has become a SERIAL LIAR, deceiving the masses with fictitious statistics and spurious claims. This is shameful and embarrassing not only to Mr President and his team, but also to the 160 million Nigerians over whom he presides. If the number 1 citizen of a nation is PROVEN to be an unrepentant liar, how then will Nigerians ßξ respected by citizens of other nations.

Not to be forgotten also is his numerous electoral promise which he has failed to keep. The deceptive nature or Mr. President is made more manifest on a daily basis.

Let us therefore be resolved to vote out this SERIAL LIAR, PROMISE BREAKER, Corrupt, Inept, wasteful ‎​Άnd clueless MAN out of power in 2015. We deserve better as a people.

God Bless Nairaland,

God Bless Nigeria,

Yours sincerely,

Garri (x7),

Executive Secretary (Controversial) of GPAN.

Mofo 2, the Retardeen himself as usual typed with his brain disengaged:

Demdem:

My friend shut up. If the retardeen didn't lie on live TV to his citizens, will this thread even exist?

And Mofo 3, The Godfather, ever the one to stoke the flames of hatred and misinformation, slithered in and out like a gecko.
Gbawe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@topic.

GEJ lied? Surprise , surprise. Asking GEJ not to lie is like expecting the pope not to pray.

And the rest tagged along like zombies.
nairaland.com/1150507/president-jonathan-lies-again-tcn

7 Likes

Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by Rhino5dm: 7:26am On Jan 05, 2013
So, where did retardeen got his " notorious" figures from when he shamelessly claimed Nigeria is now working along side US on corruption ratings? Could it be that his brain shutdown after choking on cassava bread soaked in "sapele water"?

Retardeen is a known serial notorious lair, with mouth that runs incoherently on issues that should be handled perfectly by a second grader. only a paid deluded goon would start a thread to defend him.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by wesley80(m): 7:52am On Jan 05, 2013
^I don't know and I'm not about to help you find out but I'm willing to bet you were undone by poor comprehension. Anyway, my point is if you're going to run your mouth like a broken faucet abusing someone then be sure to get your facts right.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by Rhino5dm: 8:17am On Jan 05, 2013
Ha! Stop acting like a dolt even if you one. First, It was about Jairus, you came back to kick him when he was down like the coward you are.

The fact is that Jonathan lied and no amount of damage control can change that. Even if we are to reason along the line of excuses given by Rivers State, why can't the president invest time to verify his figures before coming out with another "notorious" figures? Agreed power generation is increasing and that I can testify with the improvement of electricity distribution in my area.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by confusion247(m): 8:37am On Jan 05, 2013
This thread have taken another dimension,i thought the thread is about AMAECHI and Rivers State only to find out that it is all about uncle JONA and his numerous lies.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by wesley80(m): 8:44am On Jan 05, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
First, It was about Jairus, you came back to kick him when he was down like the coward you are.

[/b] You really are a scumbag aren't you? What has this got to do with Jarus? Did Jarus view my thread as a personal attack on him? As far as I now he took the criticisms as constructive and has since moved on so why on earth can't you and your pack of wolves shut the frill up and stop crying more than the bereaved? Have I asked for too much? thanks.

The fact is that Jonathan lied and no amount of damage control can change that. Even if we are to reason along the line of excuses given by Rivers State, why can't the president invest time to verify his figures before coming out with another "notorious" figures?

Have you ever seen the word "fact" in a dictionary? It surely has got to be pointless bantering with you.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by Rhino5dm: 8:59am On Jan 05, 2013
^
Then change the topic to" calling out Gbawe, Demdem and co." Kicking someone when he is down is called" bitchin". There was nothing like constructive criticism on that thread.

confusion247: This thread have taken another dimension,i thought the thread is about AMAECHI and Rivers State only to find out that it is all about uncle JONA and his numerous lies.

Good one! The OP is just a snitch looking for any opportunity to display his bitchin.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by GARRIx7(m): 9:22am On Jan 05, 2013
Who's this M0R0N??
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by Standing5(m): 9:27am On Jan 05, 2013
Mr. OP take am easy abeg oh. GEJ has lied before and will likely do it again, defending him will surely be an exercise in futility.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by thelastPope(m): 9:42am On Jan 05, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Who's this M0R0N??

His name is GARRI (x7). cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by keishik: 9:43am On Jan 05, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
^
Then change the topic to" calling out Gbawe, Demdem and co." Kicking someone when he is down is called" bitchin". There was nothing like constructive criticism on that thread.

Good one! The OP is just a snitch looking for any opportunity to display his bitchin.

Is that the point? Did those people accuse and abuse the president unfairly or not? I ran thru that thread and these same people you're shielding continued abusing the President till the end. Now that there's incontrovertible proof that they didnt know what they were saying shouldn't the point be made? I just don't get people like you.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by keishik: 9:47am On Jan 05, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Who's this M0R0N??
GARRI (x7):
Who's this M0R0N??

thelastPope:

His name is GARRI (x7). cheesy cheesy cheesy
Obviously
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by takedat(m): 9:56am On Jan 05, 2013
GEJ's chorus boys in action. An allegation which government and PHCN officials have not come out to disprove, only for some harebrained, trash talking tools on NL to claim its all lies!

1 Like

Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by wesley80(m): 10:06am On Jan 05, 2013
^ You are the harebrained and trashtalking tool not to recgnize the fact when its staring you down in the face. You expect govt. to be rebutting every thrash spat out by every news org abi? Who hide your sense?
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by takedat(m): 10:42am On Jan 05, 2013
^ its human nature to have idio.ts amongst the lot. If PremiumTimes claims to have sourced its information from a named senior manager of TCN and it was all lies, the right thing for a serious minded government to do is to dispel such information and set the records straight. Isn't that why GEJ keeps a host of media aides and there is also the public affairs division in PHCN to do just that!
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by wesley80(m): 10:54am On Jan 05, 2013
^ Go here and shut the frill up:
www.nairaland.com/1152024/power-jonathan-right-5000mw-generation

So you were saying?
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by Standing5(m): 11:52am On Jan 05, 2013
Power generated by states should be for the state and not the Federal Govt. to forcefully pump into the National Grid only to turn around and tell us the FG, under GEJ, is working.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by wesley80(m): 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
^ Is it not funny how people like you who can reel out figures like South Africa generates 40,000MW, Ghana 10000 and so on without bothering about the owners of the individual plants now want Jonathan to do the arithmetic of Federal, State and private power sources! if that's not wicked then I prolly don't know what is.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by Standing5(m): 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
^^^People like who? Please you may want to point out where i was reeling out power figures carelessly, but for the time being i suggest you stop trying to defend a parasitic FG that leeches on power generated by state govts. How come the Distribution part is turning out to be a big fail? Could it be the pure effect of GEJ's incompetent government on the power sector? For now i suggest you channel your efforts at correcting "una son" make him no disgrace himself completely.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by wesley80(m): 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
^ Ever heard the saying "you can't win an argument with an ignoramus"? I think the person that coined it tried arguing with you. Go get yourself informed b4 attempting to sound clever.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by blacksta(m): 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2013
what is the point of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by jmaine: 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
Exposing the ignorant folks who criticize foolishly . . . . .
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by Standing5(m): 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2013
^ really!
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
Why is their so much noise and politricking around the Rivers state power plant? Akwa Ibom also built and runs a functional state owned power plant but no one hear's so much about it. Most of the oil companies also have power plants.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by GARRIx7(m): 11:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
thelastPope:

His name is thelastPope. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Congrats!!
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by OmoTier1(m): 1:11am On Jan 06, 2013
@op,
Where in that article was it mentioned that PHCN generated 5000MW? The part you highlighted in bold only mentioned the fact that Rivers State has bilt power plants capable of generating 560MW and are looking to achieve the 750MW the state needs. So how does this susports GEJ's claims?

You come across more stupid than GEJ himself.

1 Like

Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by wesley80(m): 7:59am On Jan 06, 2013
^^ Let me score you on "Reading Comprehension". I'll be generous and score you 20%, very poor indeed.
Now what's the quantum of power generated in Nigeria as a whole? that would be a little over 4500MW, do you think Rivers state alone enjoys 560MW roughly a fifth of the nations total power generation and are still battling outages? of course not.
What you failed to comprehend and what I highlighted in that article proves Rivers state generates up to 560MW but have been unable to evacuate most of it into her grid for distribution due to lack of capacity by the PHCN. The state ultimately intends to generate 750MW a quantity that should be more than enough for her use. Now if Nigeria attained 4700MW peak distribution and with idle MW like those of Rivers state and a few others how's the president wrong in his 5000MW assertion?
Now would you be honest enough and tell me who really appears silly?
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by hercules07: 8:31am On Jan 06, 2013
wesley80: ^^ Let me score you on "Reading Comprehension". I'll be generous and score you 20%, very poor indeed.
Now what's the quantum of power generated in Nigeria as a whole? that would be a little over 4500MW, do you think Rivers state alone enjoys 560MW roughly a fifth of the nations total power generation and are still battling outages? of course not.
What you failed to comprehend and what I highlighted in that article proves Rivers state generates up to 560MW but have been unable to evacuate most of it into her grid for distribution due to lack of capacity by the PHCN. The state ultimately intends to generate 750MW a quantity that should be more than enough for her use. Now if Nigeria attained 4700MW peak distribution and with idle MW like those of Rivers state and a few others how's the president wrong in his 5000MW assertion?
Now would you be honest enough and tell me who really appears silly?

Can you give a link to where Nigeria got 4700MW distribution.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by wesley80(m): 8:46am On Jan 06, 2013
^ No I can't. I think the peak distributed should be about 4500MW while the peak generated is about 5500MW. Jonathan was actually being modest in claiming 5000MW.
dailyindependentnig.com/2012/12/power-generation-in-nigeria-peaks-5500-mw-ahead-yuletide-fg/
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by Standing5(m): 10:10am On Jan 06, 2013
If total distribution capacity is well lower than generating capacity then by now we should be witnessing 24 hour supply in some areas. The fact that the power supply to most part of the country if not all is epileptic goes to show Gej is not telling the full truth of the reality on ground.
Re: Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target by OmoTier1(m): 10:16am On Jan 06, 2013
wesley80: ^ No I can't. I think the peak distributed should be about 4500MW while the peak generated is about 5500MW. Jonathan was actually being modest in claiming 5000MW.
dailyindependentnig.com/2012/12/power-generation-in-nigeria-peaks-5500-mw-ahead-yuletide-fg/
No insult meant but having engaged your postings in NL, you come across as someone who lacks the ability to engage in sound intellectual discuss, lacking in understanding, shallow minded and bereft of good sense of independent judgement.

You posted an article explaining why Amaechi's unreasonable promise to the people of rivers state to provide 24/7 power by year end 2012 didnot materialize, instead of basing your comments on the article and its content, you resorted to falsehood trying to justify what even the Presidency knows was a plunder of a comment by GEJ.

The fact the Rivers State generates 560MW does not justify the frivolious claims by GEJ that Nigeria is now generating a mere 5000MW which can not power Heathrow Airport and environs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Has The Black Race Done To Promote Overall Development For Mankind? / Ngige/okorocha Can Be South West Governor Under APC / Top Nigerian Biggest Investors In The Aviation Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.