Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops (806 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / Queen Of England Invites Pastor J.T.Bandele To Special Event At Her Palace (Pic) / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by Codedrock(m): 6:50am On Jan 05, 2013
Church of Englandendorses gay bishops
The Church of England has dropped its opposition to gay clergymen in civil partnerships becoming bishops, it confirmed Friday.
The announcement by the church’s House of Bishops would allow a homosexual clergyman in a civil partnership to become a bishop as long as he promised to remain celibate.
“The House has confirmed that clergy in civil partnerships, and living in accordance with the teaching of the Church on human sexuality, can be considered as candidates for the episcopate,” said the Bishop of Norwich, Graham James.
The issue has divided England’s state church since 2003, when gay priest Jeffrey John was named bishop of Reading, in southeast England.
The move outraged conservatives within England’s state church, and John was forced to resign. He was also a candidate for bishop of Southwark in London in 2010, but traditionalists again blocked his appointment.
All clergywomen, regardless of their sexuality, remain banned from becoming bishops in the Church of England after its governing body, the General Synod, failed to vote through the change in November.
Gay men and women who are in civil partnerships — legal unions giving them similar rights to those of married couples — have been allowed to join the clergy since 2005 so long as they vow to remain celibate.
The church has spent the past 18 months determiningwhether the conditions should also apply to gay clergymen who wish to become bishops.
The House of Bishops announced the change on December 20 but it was brought to light by the Church Times, an Anglican newspaper, on Friday.
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by peerless2(m): 6:58am On Jan 05, 2013
we are in d endtime,things are happening
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by go4value(m): 7:00am On Jan 05, 2013
1st to comment.
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 05, 2013
Good morning sir,

Hmmm...what can one say? What would be more appealing? To stand by the gospel and condemn this move by the Church of England and vehemently refuse to interract with anyone who is gay? To be a moderate and say, 'oh since they are men of God, then let's leave judgement for God"? Or be happy at the thought that if "Men of God" can do this, then we might as well follow suit?

This really can pose a serious dilemma and confusion in Christendom. I believe firmly that those who choose to be gay deserve every respect and right inherrent in being a human being and as such they should be free from every form of discrimination.

Having said that, I also believe firmly that the act of Lesbianism or Homosexuality is unnatural and against the tenets of Christianity. I have no issue if one who is not Christian decides to become gay but when such is done by one who calls himself a minister of the gospel then I believe the act should be condemned and corrective measures taken.

But as we go about condeming this awful act, we should realize that condemnation of an act should not be borne by hatred but a firm desire to convert the sinner. Our approach should be to hate the sin but love the sinner.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by OmoAlata(f): 8:22am On Jan 05, 2013
There is some law they are trying to pass over here (it's not yet been accepted). It will basically enforce ALL churches to perform gay marriages in the church. If any church refuses, some privileges will be withdrawn. We've been praying against it since last year sad Can you imagine a gay marriage in an MFM church shocked
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by iamtheprincipal: 8:58am On Jan 05, 2013
Omo Alata: There is some law they are trying to pass over here (it's not yet been accepted). It will basically enforce ALL churches to perform gay marriages in the church. If any church refuses, some privileges will be withdrawn. We've been praying against it since last year sad Can you imagine a gay marriage in an MFM church shocked

@Omo Alata; Pls., who are 'they' making effort to have such law passed?
Because at my last count, the National Assembly totally rejected that act by enacting a law, defining a 13years imprisonment penalty for lesbianism or homosexuality in Nigeria.
Clearify me on this.
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 05, 2013
iamtheprincipal:

@Omo Alata; Pls., who are 'they' making effort to have such law passed?
Because at my last count, the National Assembly totally rejected that act by enacting a law, defining a 13years imprisonment penalty for lesbianism or homosexuality in Nigeria.
Clearify me on this.

I believe she was referring to England.
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 05, 2013
the "friendly" relationship between hom0s3xuality and the church is not a new phenomenon.

Before you accuse me of slander, understand that I'm no conspiracy theorist, I'm a realist.

The only reason why many x-tian converts dislike h0mos3xuality is because of personal or cultural beliefs. But the foundation of modern x-tianity as we now know it (due to the influence of europeans), actually endorse/d the lifestyle.
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by AtheistD(m): 9:33am On Jan 06, 2013
So xtians are finally getting it. The West is moving on from the dark days of discrimination.

Next we will get women bishops grin
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by ijawkid(m): 12:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
Atheist:-D:
So xtians are finally getting it. The West is moving on from the dark days of discrimination.

Next we will get women bishops grin

And how would this affect you??....would it make you come to believe in GOD??
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by paulicoco: 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2013
All of u are hypocrites, I tell u?! I do not support gay marriage or homosex in anyway, but don't u people know that sin is sin? So is it better for a pastor to lead a church service, who steals from u or a pastor to lead a service who sleeps with people's wives or bleeps every girl in the choir. No sin is above another sin, I am a christian and I ask God to forgive me, since I am not born perfect. Why not get rid of everyone that commits sin. Afterall, they church asks them to be celibate. Why not ask urself what Jesus would do instead of pointing ur judgemental figures on people?! The woman who commited adultery and was supposed to get stoned by the pharisees, found shelter in christ. Mary magdalene found shelter in christ! Instead of thinking that gay men will turn the church into a homo strip club, why not pray that christ, who came for the sick, the sexually immoral and sinners... Can chhange their hearts and make them sin no more?!! I don't support homosexuality, but then I don't support adultery and fornication, I don't support the sins that I commit daily and ask God to forgive us .
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by daroz(m): 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2013
go4value: 1st to comment.

SHARAP DIA!!!
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by AtheistD(m): 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
ijawkid:

And how would this affect you??....would it make you come to believe in GOD??

It will affect everyone. Less discrimination makes for a better society.
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by plappville(f): 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
pauli coco: All of u are hypocrites, I tell u?! I do not support gay marriage or homosex in anyway, but don't u people know that sin is sin? So is it better for a pastor to lead a church service, who steals from u or a pastor to lead a service who sleeps with people's wives or bleeps every girl in the choir. No sin is above another sin, I am a christian and I ask God to forgive me, since I am not born perfect. Why not get rid of everyone that commits sin. Afterall, they church asks them to be celibate. Why not ask urself what Jesus would do instead of pointing ur judgemental figures on people?! The woman who commited adultery and was supposed to get stoned by the pharisees, found shelter in christ. Mary magdalene found shelter in christ! Instead of thinking that gay men will turn the church into a homo strip club, why not pray that christ, who came for the sick, the sexually immoral and sinners... Can chhange their hearts and make them sin no more?!! I don't support homosexuality, but then I don't support adultery and fornication, I don't support the sins that I commit daily and ask God to forgive us .

Does anyone prevent anyone from finding shelter in Christ? If anyman be in Christ He is a new creature, old things are passed away.2 Corinthians 5:17

Be it gay, thief or killer/murderer, If the person give up His old past, He or she will find shelter, you can't find shelter in Christ with dirty body,(old body).
Because the Bible told us that our Body is Gods temple. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 So, if our body is dirty, God's spirit cannot dwell in it.

That was why Jesus told the woman accused of adultery to go and sin no more:She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

And mind you a woman cannot commit adultery by herself. If you understand the aim of the Pharisees, you will ask yourself why was the man not accused too... undecided
Jesus knew their plans, so He did handled the matter with wisdom.
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by AtheistD(m): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
^^^

What if they dont give uo their past?

Do you know how many thieves are entertained in churches? What about tithe robbing pastors? Are thieves better than homosexuals?
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by Kay17: 10:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
Anglicians trying to reconcile the principles of love and salvation with discrimination.
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by plappville(f): 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2013
^^^

Do you know how many thieves are entertained in churches? What about tithe robbing pastors? Are thieves better than homosexuals?

They are not to give anyone their past, they have to confess to Christ. If they give up their old if, they will no longer bear the old names.

There is no better than, both are sin.
Re: Bad -church Of England Endorses Gay Bishops by ijawkid(m): 12:25am On Jan 07, 2013
^^^

If these thieves are found and are unrepentant they are to be kicked out of the congregation ..........if they feel remorse over there wrong doings and willingly repent then they'll be accepted back.....there are no 2 ways to this..........

1 corinthians 5:9-13

1Cr 5:9

I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company
with fornicators:
1Cr 5:10
Yet not altogether with the fornicators of
this world, or with the covetous, or
extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must
ye needs go out of the world.
1Cr 5:11
But now I have written unto you not to keep
company, if any man that is called a brother be
a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a
railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with
such an one no not to eat.
1Cr 5:12
For what have I to do to judge them also that
are without? do not ye judge them that are
within?
1Cr 5:13
But them that are without God judgeth.
Therefore put away from among yourselves
that wicked person.
Those who incessantly and unrepentantly engage in wrongdoings should have no place in the gathering of Gods people........wether thieves,fornicators,gays,extortioners etc should be jettisoned for normalcy to reign....

Unrepentant gays been bishops is the craziest thing I've ever heard......the anglican church should be locked up........smh!!!!!!!.......

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand / Watch Live Service Now @ Www.cwpminternational.org / The Burden Of Hatred

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.