Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand (809 Views)

Today Is Friday, It's Gonna Be A Blessing Time In "Giving And Receiving" / My Best Praise, Thanks Giving And Worship Song What are Yours? / The Lessons Of Giving And The Hypocrites! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by victorNRceo: 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
Overtime I have experienced discrimination at giving/collecting things with the left hand,especially from the elderly. I did ask for reason towards this perception,but all I get back is 'u can't understand(especially from d old people)' or 'disrespect'.
All I wanna know is:
I)What spiritual complications are attached to the ^^?
2)If it were owing to respect,then what cultural value(s) is this perception based on or what's the origin of this perception?

I'll appreciate aligning contributions to the qtns.
Thank u.
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2013
I know people that are left handed that see our Nigerian cultures generally as foolish.

Reasoning behind the anti-left hand culture

a) The left hand is seen as the weaker hand (most people are right handed) and it shows a lack of commitment/respect to use the weaker hand to do things
b) The left hand is the assumed hand that is used to wipe the bottom
c) Right side of everything always carries positive connotations
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by ijawkid(m): 10:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
Logicboy03: I know people that are left handed that see our Nigerian cultures generally as foolish.

Reasoning behind the anti-left hand culture

a) The left hand is seen as the weaker hand (most people are right handed) and it shows a lack of commitment/respect to use the weaker hand to do things
b) The left hand is the assumed hand that is used to wipe the bottom
c) Right side of everything always carries positive connotations

Lol.........grin.....
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by tpia5: 11:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
@ op

let the light of Christ eliminate these demons in your mind, only then can you be free of your generational curses.
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by InesQor(m): 11:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
Lol at thread
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by victorNRceo: 8:59am On Mar 12, 2013
tpia@:
@ op

let the light of Christ eliminate these demons in your mind, only then can you be free of your generational curses.
Really,what's your point,are you against or in support of this perception. Plz just contribute in analysis.
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by victorNRceo: 9:18am On Mar 12, 2013
InesQor: Lol at thread
U right,the thread is as funny as the perception itself could be.
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by tpia5: 12:32pm On Mar 12, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:

Really,what's your point,are you against or in support of this perception. Plz just contribute in analysis.

Its YOUR perception, not mine.

If you allow Jesus in your mindset, you'll be free from your self defeating slavery.

Zombies are slaves.
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
tpia@:

If you allow Jesus in your mindset, you'll be free from your self defeating slavery.

Zombies are slaves.

says the slave of jesus who follows a religion that actively supported the slavery of her ancestors. A religon brought to her ountry by white slave masters

mtchew
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by tpia5: 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2013
all zombies are slaves but not all "slaves" are zombies.
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by UyiIredia(m): 2:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
There can be no possible justification for refusing things given by the left hand. Any such reason forwarded will be silly. One's left hand is as good as the right.
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by victorNRceo: 6:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
tpia@:

Zombies are slaves.
It's a lil obvious u drank MERIT BRANDY today morning.
How have I said this perception was yours? (How could it ever be urs)
How have I said 'I disbelieve in jesus/God' thr the OP?
What slavery are u talking,of seeking to know the OP(original post)? Is that what u call slavery.
How can an adolescent as u,be so uncomprehending.
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by tpia5: 7:07pm On Mar 12, 2013
^

Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by victorNRceo: 7:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
It's seems no one here as had an unpleasant experience of OP (perhaps u've only been hearing stories). Any wayz,there re also some similar(silly)perceptions that couldn't be less annoying,like;the elderly ones demanding,u add sir when u greet them;thoroughly laying/kneeling on d ground all in a the name of greeting(making it compulsory(this I have seen times without number in colleges)).

I have seen persons dress totally on white,and didn't wanna stain the dress neither did they wanna take the stress of folding(dress) to kneel with bear knees,but the elderly insisted(wasn't even a meeting schedule). What's the achievement of insisting,people do the unusually just to honour(on what basic grounds ),wouldn't it be more amazing if people kneel/lay by their own discretion(it comes without grudges).

MA GOSH WE IN THE 21st CENTURY MEHN,people a becoming wiser,don't let urself become prone to future insults.
Re: Spiritual Complications In Giving And Collecting With The Left Hand by victorNRceo: 7:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
tpia@:
^

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS CRITICS of yours. Y re u saying all this?

(1) (Reply)

Truth About Divine Healing And Faith In God... / The Imposter / Watch Attitude To prophecies By Pastor E. A. Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.