Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? (5200 Views)

Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize / Buhari Supporters In London Campaign In The Streets With Their Brooms (Pics) / Suntai Addresses Taraba People On Videotape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
Crazy/insane people have always roamed freely in roads in Nigeria for as long as I can remember.
I don't know if there are some parts of the country where this does not happen but right from childhood I have noticed that problem.
Mad people roaming freely, mad men and women.
Even if the government or relevant authorities do not want to do anything about the issue then why do the relatives of these people not do anything?
They are a danger to society, I have seen and heard of cases where they attacked standers-by or passers-by and they cause problem in traffic sometimes. There was news on Nairaland some time ago about one of them obstructing the movement of vehicles on the road by standing in the middle of the road and refusing to move.

I am tired of these things. There is also the problem of those beggers from Niger Republic to deal with but that is another issue entirely. Many Nigerians, like the relatives of these mad people complain about how the Government is problematic and unhelpful but they don't seem to realize that they have to put in effort to help the country.
Relatives of these mad people should not let them roam freely on the streets, even if they cannot be given psychiatric help maybe because there is no money for that, then they should be restrained or their movements should be limited to prevent them form harming others.
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by confusion247(m): 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2013
Nothing is done about normal people and you are expecting something to be done for insane people. Here is Nigeria where human beings are not regarded except if they are from wealthy background or rich family.

14 Likes

Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by lekkie073(m): 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
i ll comment later
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Twy: 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
E_monkey: Crazy/insane people have always roamed freely in roads in Nigeria for as long as I can remember.
I don't know if there are some parts of the country where this does not happen but right from childhood I have noticed that problem.
Even if the government or relevant authorities do not want to do anything about the issue then why do the relatives of these people not do anything?
They are a danger to society, I have seen and heard of cases where they attacked standers-by or passers-by and they cause problem in traffic sometimes. There was news on Nairaland some time ago about one of them obstructing the movement of vehicles on the road by standing in the middle of the road and refusing to move.

I am tired of these things. There is also the problem of those beggers from Niger Republic to deal with but that is another issue entirely. Many Nigerians, like the relatives of these mad people complain about how the Government is problematic and unhelpful but they don't seem to realize that they have to put in effort to help the country.
Relatives of these mad people should not let them roam freely on the streets, even if they cannot be given psychiatric help maybe because there is no money for that, then they should be restrained or their movements should be limited to prevent them form harming others.

You seem to get something wrong, for the society to be more humane, mental institutions for permanent care should be partly a public good as it is in the public interest for clearly mentally incapacitated people to placed away from the normal society and under care. The relatives may not have the financial, mental or physical wherewithal to handle these people.
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by blacksta(m): 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
Sorry mate

Sane people are still yet to be taken care of

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
Twy:

You seem to get something wrong, for the society to be more humane, mental institutions for permanent care should be partly a public good as it is in the public interest for clearly mentally incapacitated people to placed away from the normal society and under care. The relatives may not have the financial, mental or physical wherewithal to handle these people.
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
Twy:

Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
Twy:

But they can be restrained, can't they? With chains and the like. I believe that is a lesser evil than letting them roam freely.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
confusion247: Nothing is done about normal people and you are expecting something to be done for insane people. Here is Nigeria where human beings are not regarded except if they are from wealthy background or rich family.
lol
kind of true though

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by manmustwac(m): 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
There's one crazy guy that I swear must be mixed race. Walks around talking to himself in Enughe & Apala Street near the Estate part of warri
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2013
They attract tourists.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by lekkie073(m): 1:37pm On Jan 06, 2013
manmustwac: There's one crazy guy that I swear must be mixed race. Walks around talking to himself in Enughe & Apala Street near the Estate part of warri
its really hard to see any sane man in warri.....all man blood dey hot o!
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by vedaxcool(m): 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2013
manmustwac: There's one crazy guy that I swear must be mixed race. Walks around talking to himself in Enughe & Apala Street near the Estate part of warri

Ok we get it u have seen a mixed race mad man, congrats!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Itoroetti(m): 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
i thought i was d only one that had this in mind.some states government even "relocate" their insane citizens to other states.this issue must be delibrate upon.we mustnt be bad in everything.
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 4:10am On Jan 08, 2013
You live in Warri?
Anyway is the crazy guy completely nude? I have seen one crazy guy like that who also moves around Estate.
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by ak47mann(m): 4:21am On Jan 08, 2013
(BIGGEST QUESTION)Those mad women on the streets with babies who will you blame, police men on night duty? problem is beyond nigeria cool
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 08, 2013
ak47mann: (BIGGEST QUESTION)Those mad women on the streets with babies who will you blame, police men on night duty? problem is beyond nigeria cool

Some people actually sleep with the mad women because of ritual or fetish reasons.
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by nairalady(f): 11:42am On Jan 08, 2013
blacksta: Sorry mate

Sane people are still yet to be taken care of
lol grin grin
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by tyson99(m): 11:45am On Jan 08, 2013
lekkie073:
its really hard to see any sane man in warri.....all man blood dey hot o!
grin[quote
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by logica(m): 11:48am On Jan 08, 2013
The insane in power (Government) have not been taken care of; na de one wey dey waka you dey worry about?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by dridowu: 11:49am On Jan 08, 2013
Vote us in 2015, dn we will do something about it.
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 08, 2013
nothing is done about the sane, how do you expect something done about the insane?
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 08, 2013
E_monkey: Crazy/insane people have always roamed freely in roads in Nigeria for as long as I can remember.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT ?.....Men that wants to get rich are taking care of the INSANE WOMEN BY 4UKING THEM ALL YEAR ROUND but i dont know of the INSANE MEN.....may be they are also being 4uked by the Rich guy men grin cool angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Ejovwoke(m): 11:52am On Jan 08, 2013
confusion247: Nothing is done about normal people and you are expecting something to be done for insane people. Here is Nigeria where human beings are not regarded except if they are from wealthy background or rich family.
you finish work oh
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Ejovwoke(m): 11:54am On Jan 08, 2013
tyson99: grin[quote
are u living warri, cos typing from my system from okumagba layout.Dem surplus down here
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Ejovwoke(m): 11:56am On Jan 08, 2013
fellis:
You live in Warri?
Anyway is the crazy guy completely nude? I have seen one crazy guy like that who also moves around Estate.
okumagba layout /jakpa road na hqr 4 dem
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2013
@ OP don't worry, I hear the government is about to set up a committee for this purpose.
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2013

MR MAN I THINK U SHOULD BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT THE MAD PEOPLE WHO R NOT ON THE STREETS. THE MAD PEOPLE IN THE CORRIDORS OF POWER,THE ONES WHO LOOK NORMAL & THE MANY WE SEE ON THIS FORUM WHO REALLY SHOULD BE COOLING OFF IN ASYLUMS.
MAD MAN NO FIT INSTITUTIONALIZE ANOTHER MAD MAN
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by illuminutty: 12:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
do you mean like putting them in chains and shackles? If that was what you meant that means almost everybody in Lagos will be in chains becaus 96% of Lagosians are insane by default. From drivers to pedestrians, pastors to babalawos even Fashola self na baba werre ni going by the way he runs lagos like moot country.
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
Nigeria does not have to be a first-world country b4 it makes a Sanctuary for the demented, not only to make the street sanitated but to also make the insanes sane again.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by FKO1(m): 12:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
mehn dat guy na real kolo o! If a c am a dy giv chance
Re: Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
[quote author=Ejovwoke][/quote]

Una Warri people too smoke Igbo that's why kolo full there

All my Warri Pallys and Barneys dey blaze...

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Our Lagos: The Third Mainland Bridge. / I KNOW I WILL ONE DAY BECOME OBI OF ONITSHA - Obasanjo brags / Bdcs Are In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.