Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,579 members, 7,816,427 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! (660 Views)

A Debate on the Prophet's Injunction on Washing Objects Touched by Dogs / Nairaland Islam Section Debate (NISD) / Big Time Debate: The True Followers Of Jesus Are The Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! by DevotedOne(m): 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
In The Name of The One and Only God, The Eternal, The Righteous, The Owner Of Sovereignty, The Lord Of Majesty And Bounty, The Self-Sufficient, The Supreme, The Self-Subsisting In Whom All Subsist. The Peace Be Upon You, Everyone.

BetaThings, Salaam. I was about to let your mistake (from another thread) slide, until I read the following verse in Al-Qur'an:

002.042 وَلا تَلْبِسُوا الْحَقَّ بِالْبَاطِلِ وَتَكْتُمُوا الْحَقَّ وَأَنْتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ
002.042 And cover not Truth with falsehood, nor conceal the Truth when ye know (what it is).
Al-Qur'an, 002.042 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])

So, will you please explain why you think the following is true? And, I might add, I'm not looking for a debate ( re:tbaba1234).

Muslims don't believe:

(c) that someone will die and be born again (we all die once at different times but we will all be resurrected same day to be called to question on day of Qiyama)
(d) anyone can tell you what will happen tomorrow. So we don't consult palmist or people who use prayer beads to foretell the future - by BetaThings

The truth is:

002.154 وَلا تَقُولُوا لِمَنْ يُقْتَلُ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ أَمْوَاتٌ بَلْ أَحْيَاءٌ وَلَكِنْ لا تَشْعُرُونَ
002.154 And say not of those who are slain in the way of Allah: "They are dead." Nay, they are living, though ye perceive (it) not.
Al-Qur'an, 002.154 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])

016.038 وَأَقْسَمُوا بِاللَّهِ جَهْدَ أَيْمَانِهِمْ لا يَبْعَثُ اللَّهُ مَنْ يَمُوتُ بَلَى وَعْدًا عَلَيْهِ حَقًّا وَلَكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لا يَعْلَمُونَ
016.038 They swear their strongest oaths by Allah, that Allah will not raise up those who die: Nay, but it is a promise (binding) on Him in truth: but most among mankind realise it not. Al-Qur'an, 016.038 (An-Nahl [The Bee]) (See also; 16:39-40)

And what of Prophecy? Does it not tell us what will happen 'tomorrow'?

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! by tbaba1234: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
Assalam Aleikum,

Betathings is correct in his assertions.

No one can tell you what will happen tomorrow, It is clear from from the Quran (roughly translated)

Knowledge of the Hour [of Resurrection] belongs to God; it is He who sends down the relieving rain and He who knows what is hidden in the womb. No soul knows what it will reap tomorrow, and no soul knows in what land it will die; it is God who is all knowing and all aware. Surah 31:34

"And with Him [i.e., Allaah] are the keys of the unseen; none knows them except Him." [Quran 6:59] As well as (what means): "Say (O Muhammad): 'None in the heavens and earth knows the unseen except Allaah…'" [Quran: 27:65]

Allah gives prophesies to His prophets. The source of the prophesies are from Allah. We do not have prophets anymore. Occasionally, we might have true dreams, but that is as far as it gets.

As regards anyone telling you the future,that is totally wrong. That is why we do not visit fortune tellers or palm readers. The prophet is reported to have said:

"Whoever approaches an oracle or fortune-teller and believes in what he says, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad." [Ahmad & Abu Daawood]

"The daily prayers of whoever approaches a fortune-teller and asks him about anything will not be accepted for forty days and nights." [Muslim]

This is how serious this issue is....

2. We live and die once... There is no such thing as reincarnation... You should read the tafseer of ayat to get the proper context, you can not interpret ayahs based on your desires

And say not of those who are slain in the way of Allah: "They are dead." Nay, they are living, though ye perceive (it) not.

When Allah says the martyrs are living what does it mean?

According to Islamic traditions, the dead person is given some kind of a 'new life' in the Barzakh which develops in him a sensitivity to punishment and reward. Regardless of whether a person is a believer or a disbeliever, virtous or vicious, this taste of barzakh is given to everyone.

However for the martyrs, the life in the barzakh is qualitatively different from the one given to other people. (Source: Maariful Quran -Maulana mufti muhammmad shafi)

(The Barzakh is an intermediary stage which begins at death and stretches until doomsday)

And Allah knows best!!
Re: Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! by DevotedOne(m): 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2013
In The Name of The One and Only God, The Eternal, The Righteous, The Owner Of Sovereignty, The Lord Of Majesty And Bounty, The Self-Sufficient, The Supreme, The Self-Subsisting In Whom All Subsist. The Peace Be Upon You, Everyone.

As regards anyone telling you the future,that is totally wrong. That is why we do not visit fortune tellers or palm readers. The prophet is reported to have said:

"Whoever approaches an oracle or fortune-teller and believes in what he says, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad." [Ahmad & Abu Daawood]

"The daily prayers of whoever approaches a fortune-teller and asks him about anything will not be accepted for forty days and nights." [Muslim]

This is how serious this issue is.... - tbaba1234

I'm not in the least interested in fortune-telling. You seem to have side-stepped the issue of 'Prophecy' which was my intended theme. Of course no one knows the unseen except Allaah (SWT). However, does HE (SWT) not Prophesy through HIS (SWT) Prophets (PBUT)?

2. We live and die once... There is no such thing as reincarnation... You should read the tafseer of ayat to get the proper context, you can not interpret ayahs based on your desires

Well, meant to say that you believe that is the situation. Why would you suggest that you know the absolute truth. I know better, however I cannot go into detail due to it being a private matter, with someone else. I apologize for that, but you should trust me as I am being honest and truthful with you.

And say not of those who are slain in the way of Allah: "They are dead." Nay, they are living, though ye perceive (it) not.

When Allah says the martyrs are living what does it mean?

According to Islamic traditions, the dead person is given some kind of a 'new life' in the Barzakh which develops in him a sensitivity to punishment and re one is a believer ward. Regardless of whether a person is a believer or a disbeliever, virtous or vicious, this taste of barzakh is given to everyone.

This is not entirely true. The 'life' that I am referring to is concerning a return to this earth [planet]. And there is a verse in Qur'an that speaks of living, not once, but twice!

040.011 قَالُوا رَبَّنَا أَمَتَّنَا اثْنَتَيْنِ وَأَحْيَيْتَنَا اثْنَتَيْنِ فَاعْتَرَفْنَا بِذُنُوبِنَا فَهَلْ إِلَى خُرُوجٍ مِنْ سَبِيلٍ
040.011 They will say: "Our Lord! twice hast Thou made us without life, and twice hast Thou given us Life! Now have we recognised our sins: Is there any way out (of this)?" Al-Qur'an, 040.011 (Al-Ghafir [The Forgiver [God]])

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! by tbaba1234: 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
I'm not in the least interested in fortune-telling. You seem to have side-stepped the issue of 'Prophecy' which was my intended theme. Of course no one knows the unseen except Allaah (SWT). However, does HE (SWT) not Prophesy through HIS (SWT) Prophets (PBUT)?

Did you read what i wrote?

I said:
Allah gives prophesies to His prophets. The source of the prophesies are from Allah. We do not have prophets anymore.

The knowledge is from Allah and he gives a little of it to whoever he wants. The prophets have no knowledge of their own. May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon them all.

No one has the knowledge of tomorrow except Allah. It is simple.

This is not entirely true. The 'life' that I am referring to is concerning a return to this earth [planet]. And there is a verse in Qur'an that speaks of living, not once, but twice!

040.011 قَالُوا رَبَّنَا أَمَتَّنَا اثْنَتَيْنِ وَأَحْيَيْتَنَا اثْنَتَيْنِ فَاعْتَرَفْنَا بِذُنُوبِنَا فَهَلْ إِلَى خُرُوجٍ مِنْ سَبِيلٍ
040.011 They will say: "Our Lord! twice hast Thou made us without life, and twice hast Thou given us Life! Now have we recognised our sins: Is there any way out (of this)?" Al-Qur'an, 040.011 (Al-Ghafir [The Forgiver [God]])

Actually, it is true...

Are you interpreting the Quran on your desires?? What is the Ayah you quoted talking about? You seem to be confused. First, you talk about martyrs now you talk about disbelievers.

The ayah you quoted is talking about disbelievers on the day of resurrection...

But those who disbelieved will be told, ‘When you were called to the faith and rejected it, God’s disgust with you was even greater then than the self-disgust
you feel [today].’ They will say, ‘Our Lord, twice You have caused us to be lifeless and twice You have brought us to life. Now we recognize our sins. Is there any way out?’ 12 [They will be told], ‘This is all because when God alone was invoked you rejected this, yet when others were associated with Him you believed [in them].’ Judgement belongs to God the Most High, the Most Great. Surah 40 :10-12

The two acts of giving life here is your first birth and then your resurrection on the last day. We will all be raised to life.

The two deaths (lifeless) is before you are born and after you die in this world.

This is the generally accepted position.

When the martyrs are killed in this world, they continue to get provision from their lord in the barzakh. It is simple really.

And Allah knows best.
Re: Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! by DevotedOne(m): 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2013

Did you read what i wrote?

I said:

Allah gives prophesies to His prophets. The source of the prophesies are from Allah. We do not have prophets anymore.

The knowledge is from Allah and he gives a little of it to whoever he wants. The prophets have no knowledge of their own. May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon them all.

No one has the knowledge of tomorrow except Allah. It is simple. - tbaba1234

I have read what you've written. You said we do not have Prophets PBUT, anymore! But, The Word of God (Scriptures) are as the Prophets PBUT to us. And The Word of God, does Prophesy. Agreed?

Are you interpreting the Quran on your desires?? What is the Ayah you quoted talking about? You seem to be confused. First, you talk about martyrs now you talk about disbelievers.

The ayah you quoted is talking about disbelievers on the day of resurrection...

True. I may have jumped on that verse without reading it in full. However, take a look at my last reply below.

The two acts of giving life here is your first birth and then your resurrection on the last day. We will all be raised to life.

As I understand it, there is either an individual, or, a mass resurrection. If an individual resurrection, then it is the second life, and the last day for that soul. Does that make sense to you? I mean can you discern that?

When the martyrs are killed in this world, they continue to get provision from their lord in the barzakh. It is simple really.

And, what if they are returned to this earth? Are they then disbelievers? Is the earth considered a (lower) stage of Hell?

And Allah (SWT), Is The Best Knower!

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! by BetaThings: 10:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
^^^^
Jazak Allahu khayran
I have just seen this. Nothing to add. But actually shocked that people are actually so strongly DEVOTED to some wrong ideas

1 Like

Re: Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! by DevotedOne(m): 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. Ya Nabi; Sallallahu 'alaihi wa salam -- May the Blessings and Peace of Allah be upon Him.

BetaThings: ^^^^
Jazak Allahu khayran
I have just seen this. Nothing to add. But actually shocked that people are actually so strongly DEVOTED to some wrong ideas

Salaam BetaThings. I would also like to have your input concerning the 'wrong ideas'. Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! by DevotedOne(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. Ya Nabi; Sallallahu 'alaihi wa salam -- May the Blessings and Peace of Allah be upon Him.

I understand better than anyone else that I need more study; especially re: Shi'ite Islamic teachings. However, what is not being considered here, is the fact that I have received certain proof that I am prohibited from declaring, due to its being a private matter with someone else. However, life does return to this earth for a second time. So I must take a back seat so to speak, regarding the responses I have received from posters here. There is no problem in that regard.
I have listed some books below. I pray that I may garner their contents to my own betterment, and to the betterment of others. Amiin.

Day of Judgement by Allamah Sayyid Sa'eed Akhtar Rizvi

This text discusses in detail the nature of death and the life beyond it. It especially focuses on the state of the soul from the time of death till the Day of Judgment, and also has chapters on the Signs of the Day of Judgment as well as the events that will occur thereon.

Resurrection Judgement and the Hereafter Lessons on Islamic Doctrine by Sayyid Mujtaba Musavi Lari

Aspects of death, pleasures of this world, evidence for resurrection, resurrection a manifestation of Divine justice, compensation for sins, and criterion for judgement.

The Hereafter - Ma'ad by Ayatullah Dastghaib Shiraazi (q.s.)

A detailed account of humanity’s experience of death, and the stages beyond it, including the status in one’s grave, Barzakh, the Day of Judgment (Qiyamah), and the final recourse in Heaven or Hell.

Eternity of Man by A Group of Researchers - Institute of Islamic Studies (London)

Discusses the philisophical, scientific & Gnostic aspects of death and resurrection. This book comprises of three parts: (1) Eternity of Man. (2) Death or Another Birth. (3) The Multilateral Influences of the belief in Resurrection.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! by vedaxcool(m): 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
Are you an actor? the 'ha ha' you placed at the end of your thread name made it seem like you were ploting to harm him or as if we are in some kind of movie!
Re: Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! by DevotedOne(m): 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaykum. Ya Nabi; Sallallahu 'alaihi wa salam -- May the Blessings and Peace of Allah be upon Him

vedaxcool: Are you an actor? the 'ha ha' you placed at the end of your thread name made it seem like you were ploting to harm him or as if we are in some kind of movie!

No. I am certain that he knows it (title) was in jest/joking. But, it is obvious that he disagrees with my post re: life after death, which I had questioned, and fortune-telling, (which I had no interest in). Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Re: Debate with 'BetaThings' - You Can Run But You Can't Hide! ha ha! by BetaThings: 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
BetaThings: ^^^^
Jazak Allahu khayran

(1) (Reply)

Is Love Preached In The Quran? / I Need A Female Muslim Adviser Pls For A Friend / A Beautiful Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.