Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,287 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India (17978 Views)

FED Poly Ado-Ekiti Student Commits Suicide Because Of An Extra Year (graphic) / JSS 3 Student Commits Suicide Over Love Affair / DELSU Student Commits Suicide After Her Fiance Dumped Her After 7 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 06, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Depression is real. I don't know why people don't take it seriously.

RIP. So young.[/size]

How many Nigerians have you read about jumping off a cliff to their deaths
If it were hanging I may believe it
Nigerians don't jump

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 06, 2013
Dont believe indians
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by emmabest2000(m): 2:05am On Jan 06, 2013
never u trust Asians
this is how they used to kill
Africans

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 06, 2013
babyosisi: How many Nigerians have you read about jumping off a cliff to their deaths
If it were hanging I may believe it
Nigerians don't jump

[size=13pt]So, if he'd hung himself, it'd be okay? Did you not here the story in 2011 of the Nigerian woman, a pharmacy student, who jumped off a bridge in South Carolina?

It doesn't matter how. What matters is why.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by specialguest(f): 2:35am On Jan 06, 2013
I am glad most Nigerians do not believe this cock and bull depression story. In the 2 years I studied and lived in India I never heard or saw any black man that was clinically certified depressed. Going by this, I am pretty sure Indian police might have been after him for some reasons and he decided to take his life before they got him or they intentionally killed him for reasons best known to them and the suicide story is just a cover up. Afterall suicide cases are not investigated in India because they are an everyday occurence. I just wish the Nigerian high commission has regards for the lives of Nigerians living abroad, Maybe kelvin would have gone to seek for help from the commission rather than taking his own life. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by teetwo: 2:36am On Jan 06, 2013
onatisi:
he cant read your anger and writings bro , he is dead !
How sure are u d dead doesnt read

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by teetwo: 2:38am On Jan 06, 2013
Engineer96: Police preliminary investigation says it could have resulted from depression. How did they arrive at that conclussion? By asking neighbours that might be responsible for his death. This is why I like CIA.
This issue of Nigerians going to everywhere to study should be stopped. Indians are not better than we are just that our government are not doing anything about our educational system and our private universities in high school fees.
Too bad for us.
RIP Kevin
Dey got better education sys
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Nobody: 2:39am On Jan 06, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]So, if he'd hung himself, it'd be okay? Did you not here the story in 2011 of the Nigerian woman, a pharmacy student, who jumped off a bridge in South Carolina?

It doesn't matter how. What matters is why.[/size]

You are misquoting me
Read me again
I was not here in 2011 but saw that story.
The woman was born and raised in the USA
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by teetwo: 2:40am On Jan 06, 2013
ODG3: Kel is Edo not Ibo,I knew so well,He had no reason to commit suicide,only God knew what happened. He will be greatly missed by friends and family. Rest in Peace Kelvin Affy Lakoju.
Hw do u knw d subject pls
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 06, 2013
specialguest: I am glad most Nigerians do not believe this cock and bull depression story. In the 2 years I studied and lived in India I never heard or saw any black man that was clinically certified depressed. Going by this, I am pretty sure Indian police might have been after him for some reasons and he decided to take his life before they got him or they intentionally killed him for reasons best known to them and the suicide story is just a cover up. Afterall suicide cases are not investigated in India because they are an everyday occurence. I just wish the Nigerian high commission has regards for the lives of Nigerians living abroad, Maybe kelvin would have gone to seek for help from the commission rather than taking his own life. May his soul rest in peace

[size=13pt]Kai. Omo see "theorizing". Join JTF biko. Maybe you fit end this Boko Haram nonsense for all and once lol.

Suicide is not investigated in India because it is a taboo subject, just like in our beloved Naija. If it happens, it's swept under a rug. Families will tell you the deceased was "sick" or any other story. I'm sure if an Indian jumped from Third Mainland Bridge, Indians would come to similar conclusions as yours.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Nobody: 2:55am On Jan 06, 2013
babyosisi: You are misquoting me
Read me again
I was not here in 2011 but saw that story.
The woman was born and raised in the USA

[size=13pt]I read what you said. If this was a case of hanging, you'd be more willing to accept the story as fact.

Not that it matters, but that woman moved from Lagos to the east coast of the US with her family.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Nobody: 2:57am On Jan 06, 2013
[size=13pt]I did a presentation for a Disease Prevention course on the epidemiology of suicide back in November. I didn't know the girl I presented with was from Rivers lol. Anyway, she had her own story of the pressures she faced, growing up and having personal struggles, and not feeling like she could turn to her family because Nigerians don't take depression or mental illness/problems seriously at all. Once she opened up during the Q&A segment post-presentation, students from all sorts of backgrounds (I remember a few Indians, a Guatemalan, Pakistani, Senegalese, and a Ugandan) opening up about how they related with my presentation partner, feeling alone and not relying on parents and other family members, as depression and anything related to or subsequent of depression is a forbidden topic in their cultures as well.

In the western world, people are aware of suicide and do what they can, in terms of awareness, outreach, and proactivity, to try and prevent it. In a lot of third world nations, we completely disregard anything "mental" and "suicide", call people weak, tell men to be strong, etc. If you check, you can't get any kind of accurate suicide rates from west Asia and most of Africa for this reason. Suicide definitely exists in the third world.[/size]
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Bokoharam: 3:50am On Jan 06, 2013
Could jumping off a 2nd floor (2 storey building) prove this this fatal? The only issue here is that he was pushed down. I don't believe the suicide theory. There is obviously more to it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by jigawatts(m): 3:51am On Jan 06, 2013
R.I.P. Kelvin Lakoju (Mr Biggs) ... He was ma room-mate in Lagos State Model College Badore, a very good guy .... This story is somehow, The guy is from a rich home and I don't think "Depression" will be one of his problems tho (I mite be wrong) God knows best. cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Parnassuss(m): 5:16am On Jan 06, 2013
SmoothLIFE: Racist Indians killed him!

You would be absle to see irony in your statement if you really looked. I hope this guy RIPs but this is no reason to insult people who havent done anything to you
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by scholes23(m): 6:30am On Jan 06, 2013
jigawatts: R.I.P. Kelvin Lakoju (Mr Biggs) ... He was ma room-mate in Lagos State Model College Badore, a very good guy .... This story is somehow, The guy is from a rich home and I don't think "Depression" will be one of his problems tho (I mite be wrong) God knows best. cry cry cry cry

Jigawatts ur right, I remember him back in our secondary sch days, anyone who knows him won't believe that he committed suicide. Biggie as he was fondly called was an easy going person.
We love u Biggie but GOD loves u more.
R.I.P BIGGIG
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by ochallo: 6:35am On Jan 06, 2013
THis picture was taken from his facebook page , for someone who wouldnt give up to now complete sucide is completely distasteful

Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by ochallo: 6:39am On Jan 06, 2013
Bokoharam: Could jumping off a 2nd floor (2 storey building) prove this this fatal? The only issue here is that he was pushed down. I don't believe the suicide theory. There is obviously more to it.

i dont think he should have died jumping from a 2nd floor, except he landed on his head or he fell backwards which would be an accident.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by ochallo: 6:43am On Jan 06, 2013
Abrantie:

+1

Even the photography part doesn't make sense. Weykind Naijaman go huzzle go India go study photo-fvkin-graphy?

now you are completely off point, i am in india and i know 2 guys presently studying photography, i am also going on a photograhy workshop soon.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by ekundayomi: 7:56am On Jan 06, 2013
He was murdered.... And pushed from the building to make it look like suicide... His landlord sent pple to him... I have proof .... He happens to be my girl friends cousin.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by foliks(f): 8:08am On Jan 06, 2013
RIP bro,bt am sure d story behind ur death is false nd God will surely fight 4 u sooner or lata...we love u bt God love u more
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by onatisi(m): 9:05am On Jan 06, 2013
the worst thing a nigerian will do or turn to if he is depressed is to go bananas ,nigerians dont like committing suicide ,we love our life more than anything.how much more he is from a rich faamily nd has a bright future ,so what reason does he have to take a dive down the balcony.but indians ,thais,vietnamis,cambodians pls my brother forget,the only nd easiest way for them to kill a nigerian and nothing will happen is to throw the person down the window or height .with that no case will ever crop up.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by jigawatts(m): 9:49am On Jan 06, 2013
LINK: http://uwemspeaks.com/kelvin-didnt-kill-himself/

Few days after the news of the alleged fake story of Kelvin Lakoju committing suicide broke out on blogs, his family and friends have come out to dispute the story.

No one agrees/believes that Kelvin committed suicide, infact a close friend of his living in India stated “Kelvin was killed, we know it, the Indian police knows it, they have confirmed it”

Although investigations are still going on, it is believed that the possibility of suicide has been ruled out.

Unconfirmed reports say that a new report will be sent out soon.
In the main time it has been sadness, pain and tears for friends of Kelvin.

Another longtime friend of his Kofo who also schooled in India said
” He had lots of plans mapped out, he was going to tour the world, hungary to India and his next stop was either canada or U.S. He was so full of life, ideas, plans… which is why i don’t believe that suicide rubbish. I pray whoever did this will suffer for it”

Another friend who pleaded anonymous said amidst tears “how come they were quick to conclude that it was a suicide case, just days before the incident he was very bubbly and the last set of people he spoke with said there were no signs of depression”

He was a great guy, humble, friendly and calm, he’ll be greatly missed by his Family and Friends.

His friends are hereby appealing to the authority and the embassy in India to take up the case, his friends and neighbors should be questioned, everybody around should be called.

Kelvin couldn’t have killed himself, he wouldn’t do such a thing. Was the response of an old school friend of his.

“Kelvin Lakoju DID NOT commit suicide” close friends speak.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by igboboy1(m): 10:00am On Jan 06, 2013
seedord247: An Igbo man for that matter.... I nor believe the story.....

God bless your soul broo cry

Yorubas are definitely one of the daftest set of people in Nigeria

- if your name is ibrahim, musa, moHAMMED they automatically label you aboki. They forget that half og Yorubas are actually abokis with arabic name too

- if your name is neither arabic nor olu-something then you are automatically igbo. So if your name is nosa, rukevwe, elohor, priye, edet etc it is all igbo to Yorubas cos dem no sabi nigeria ethnic make up...
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by maumau1: 10:08am On Jan 06, 2013
so sad. rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 06, 2013
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by dino2006(m): 12:39pm On Jan 06, 2013
Dat evil country, where suicide is a piece of cake. RIP bro.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Symphony007: 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
I do hope futher investigations are made into this guy's death. The "sucide" does'nt fly with many people..and i just wish the nigerian embassy over there follow this up cause many nigerian overseas embassies are useless. It's like they don't know their job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jabin Godspower Okpako Jailed In US In A Nearly $1.9M Money Laundering Scheme / Kidnapper Evans Obtained Ghanaian Passport As Asare Nelson (Photos) / 7 Convicted Of Internet Fraud, One For Claiming To Own Property Under Forfeiture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.