Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India (17977 Views)

FED Poly Ado-Ekiti Student Commits Suicide Because Of An Extra Year (graphic) / JSS 3 Student Commits Suicide Over Love Affair / DELSU Student Commits Suicide After Her Fiance Dumped Her After 7 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by scholes23(m): 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2013
onatisi:
so u are an agent for ppl that trade in human organs abi?when u pay those dumb asians peanuts like 1000k dollars and u leave them in pains .god go punish u for bringing ur yeye transplant here.very very soon ur own kidney will be removed .

Don't mind that black smelling dog, I hrd one mad dog escaped from the dog pound and I'm sure it was dat idiot
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by teetwo: 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
jigawatts: R.I.P. Kelvin Lakoju (Mr Biggs) ... He was ma room-mate in Lagos State Model College Badore, a very good guy .... This story is somehow, The guy is from a rich home and I don't think "Depression" will be one of his problems tho (I mite be wrong) God knows best. cry cry cry cry
Knew d dude in badore also
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by fankasibe: 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
This is why i don't drink garri in foreign land, d mind goes against d environment.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by uk4world(m): 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2013
A man usually does not choose a painful way to die, a second floor suicide sounds like a hoax to me
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by ochallo: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
ekundayomi: He was murdered.... And pushed from the building to make it look like suicide... His landlord sent pple to him... I have proof .... He happens to be my girl friends cousin.

hi, i am presently in india, if you really have substantial proof then forward it to me here, we can send it to the indian police and the nigerian embassy.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2013
RIP!

This is laughable. India of all places. The guy committed suicide out of frustration - not what he's expecting that he met in that country, I guess. Hehehe...

India is just Africa in another continent.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by onatisi(m): 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2013
ochallo:

hi, i am presently in india, if you really have substantial proof then forward it to me here, we can send it to the indian police and the nigerian embassy.
thank you ,pls do take it up and only forwaard it the nigerian ambassador and a copy to the ministry of foreign affairs here in naija.online nigeria public forums will help in sensitising nigerians and gather enough support that is only if the proof are ok.pls remember india police are corrupt and they will do anythingto cover their citizens
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by yam: 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2013
I THINK IT IS because OF HIS LOOK MOST PEOPLE DONT WANT TO BELIEVE HE COMMITED SUICIDE, IF HE LOOKS LIKE ONE RETARD OR AGBERO IN D PICS THEN PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE HE ACTUALLY KILL HIMSELF.

I ACTUALLY STOP BELIEVING MOST THINGS I C SINCE I WAS A BOY
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Candybob(m): 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
We all know the truth! There was no suicide... This is a homicide been covered up by the corrupt indian police. So sad how my people keep journeying to these dead zones!
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by paulicoco: 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
Ignorance and stupidity dey for naija wella? Many people are depressed, kini big deal? Are nigerians not human beings? And what has it got to do with indians? Niggaz, please. U are worse than asians,trust
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Revolva(m): 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
Sunnycliff: What a pity dear brother. Hope say dem juju no make u c double like say staircase dey outside dat made u lose ur life. Indians are demonic.

What do you mean indians are demonic..is it indians that killed him or he killed himself..stop generalizing indians are nice folks ok not as demonic as we nigerians ..
Well na d guy sabi why him kill himself. Or it may be his fellow nigerian killed him am sure!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by touchmeder: 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2013
I said it something fishy about this boy's death. May d evil ones responsible for this have no peace. God comfort his family...
One day we will know the truth. undecided RIP Kelvin
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by specialguest(f): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
Suicide is not a taboo "subject" in India as you have been made to believe just as bomb blasts no longer makes headlines in Nigeria. Not because these issues cannot be discussed openly but because of the geometric increase in the rate at which these events occur ....

By the way thank you for the compliment grin who knows? I may become the first civillian to be appointed into the JTF ( but i dont wish to be posted to the headquarters 'Borno' anyway)

ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Kai. Omo see "theorizing". Join JTF biko. Maybe you fit end this Boko Haram nonsense for all and once lol.

Suicide is not investigated in India because it is a taboo subject, just like in our beloved Naija. If it happens, it's swept under a rug. Families will tell you the deceased was "sick" or any other story. I'm sure if an Indian jumped from Third Mainland Bridge, Indians would come to similar conclusions as yours.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by larabawa2000: 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
bro sorry may your gentle soul rest in peace.
redcliff: [size=14pt]i doubt this story.. Nigerians are not suicidal but the Indians are and they (his friends) would have influenced his decision to take his life. They should investigate thoroughly. [s]Oh i forgot, the Indian police is also as corrupt, if not more than their Nigerian counterparts[/s][/size]
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by lomprico(m): 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
http:///IFTmPRe3 d guy didn't kill himself! He was murdered!
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by onatisi(m): 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
lomprico: http:///IFTmPRe3 d guy didn't kill himself! He was murdered!
why did u say that ?
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by chuksozy: 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2013
seedord247: An Igbo man for that matter.... I nor believe the story.....

God bless your soul broo cry
What makes u blv he's Igbo. That name is definitely SW.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by Yvete(f): 1:31am On Jan 07, 2013
Too too sad! Rest in peace.

Life is a gift from God. Lets hope for better days.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by birdman(m): 3:20am On Jan 07, 2013
Revolva:

What do you mean indians are demonic..is it indians that killed him or he killed himself..stop generalizing indians are nice folks ok not as demonic as we nigerians ..
Well na d guy sabi why him kill himself. Or it may be his fellow nigerian killed him am sure!!!

You dont know what you are talking about. 99% are demonic.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by dederocs(m): 10:11am On Jan 07, 2013
pitoski: A 28-year-old photography student from Nigeria allegedly committed suicide after jumping off the second floor of his rented accommodation in Sector 41. Police said preliminary probe suggests that the deceased, Kelvin Lakoju, was in depression.
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Embassy and the deceased's family have been informed about the incident.

Kelvin had been living in Noida since 2009 and was pursuing a photography course from an institute in Film City.
Cops said he jumped off around 11pm on Wednesday, January 2nd. "We have questioned some people and came to know that he was upset for some reasons," said deputy SP, S Chinappa.

"His friends said Kelvin was good at studies. Some personal problem could be the reason for committing suicide," said a senior police officer. An FIR has been lodged with Sector 39 police station.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/noida/Nigerian-student-kills-self-in-Sector-41/articleshow/17788090.cms
http://www.gistnaija.com/2013/01/nigerian-student-living-in-india-kelvin.html

(Photo Credits: Naij.com)
better to go out blasting mofos and peeps who made u sore,or while on a robbery spree...never take ur life for nothing.
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by oaroloye(m): 11:34am On Jan 07, 2013
This is a total LIE!

NO ONE commits "suicide" by jumping from THE SECOND FLOOR!

This reminds me of the time Admiral Boorda was alleged to have committed suicide
by shooting himself in the chest with a shotgun.

Experienced military personnel said that that was not done, because it was not reliable.
You could lie around in agony for hours on end. If you wanted to shoot yourself,
you had to make it a head-shot. In the temple, or through the roof of the mouth.

Two Storeys is too low to be sure of dying!
Even if you dove out headlong, it would depend on what you landed on.

Actor, Christopher Reeve was pitched headlong by his horse, and broke his neck, becoming paralyzed
from the neck-down. A person committing suicide will be more careful to avoid that, and make sure
that he died immediately or sooner!

What reason did he have to be depressed?

Two possibilities come to mind: Romance, and Finance.

Maybe he was in love with some girl, whose family disapproved.
Maybe he gambled, or took out a loan, and couldn't pay it off.

Either situations could be cause for death-threat and subsequent depression.

He was probably thrown out of his apartment.
That is: it was murder.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by JuanDeDios: 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
saxywale: I don't believe this story, naija man sufferering from depression seems strange not to mention jumping off a building.
You may have a point, but Nigerians do suffer from depression.[b][/b]
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by ODG3(f): 3:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
Kelvin Lakoju was finally laid to rest today at Abuja. Rest in peace bro
Re: Nigerian Student Commits Suicide In India by ekundayomi: 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2013
ODG3: Kelvin Lakoju was finally laid to rest today at Abuja. Rest in peace bro

his cousin just notified me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Remands Islamic Cleric In Prison For Defiling Minor In Mosque / Jabin Godspower Okpako Jailed In US In A Nearly $1.9M Money Laundering Scheme / Kidnapper Evans Obtained Ghanaian Passport As Asare Nelson (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.