Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,375 members, 7,853,670 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:18 PM

Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) (9210 Views)

How To Start Up A Tutorial Centre And Start Making Millions Of Naira / Setting Up A Tutorial Center In Lagos -submit Your Ideas / Setting Up A Tutorial Center With A Focus On Gre/gmat! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 12, 2013
4. Case Studies

One of my first questions was a psychology question. I know nothing about psychology.

Case study #1

The first couple of questions were fairly easy to answer.
I headed onto Studyblue and searched for each question exactly as it was written. I didn't have much trouble rewriting the answers to provide them as my own as these were mainly just definitions. No thinking required there. The latest question though, proved to be a little more challenging. None of the flashcards told me about the differences of exposure therapy, virtual reality therapy and cognitive-behaviour therapy. I googled and read about each term individually and tried to come up with my own answer. It was a good answer but I wasn’t sure that I was providing the best one.

Besides this, I realized that there was no way I could get my hand on the curriculum material and find out who this Albert was. But I figured that since the other questions were fairly easy to answer, this was probably a "recap" assignment, and Albert was just a study case.

I typed in Google differences of exposure therapy, virtual reality therapy and cognitive-behavior therapy The first result that I got was a paper that seemed to have all the information we required. However, all the links to the full publication were leading to medical libraries that had a paywall.

I wasn't going to pay $594 to find out the answer contained in a PUBLIC research paper. So I went to Google again. This time, I searched for the name of the paper and I appended “filetype: pdf” at the end, so it looked like this. Virtual reality therapy versus cognitive behavior therapy for social phobia: a preliminary controlled study filetype: pdf The “filetype: pdf” tells Google to search only for PDF files, which helps us sort paywalls from the actual papers. The first result was just what we needed.

I quickly scanned the file, searching for clues. On the second page I found my answer. I reread the page one more time to make sure that I understood what the differences and similarities between the three methods were and I wrote my own answer. Again, no “deep” thinking was required. All I did was read and provide the same explanation with different words. It may seem hard at first, but once you get going you will become so good that you’ll be able to write whole theses from just one paragraph of text.

However not everything must be rewritten. When you encounter a definition, you should leave it as is or as close as possible to the original form. Most professional fields have these and all work and communication in these fields is based on them. Try simplifying the definitions in a dictionary. You’ll probably be left empty handed. There’s no need to do work that’s already been done. Once my solution was complete, I saved the file and uploaded it as an answer. I was sure that my solution was going to be the "winning" one. I was right. I made $10 on this assignment.

This might seem like a small sum, but for the amount of work involved, and taking into account that I had no rating at the time, it was the right amount. We will be only doing this for the first 2 or 3 assignments, in order to get a top notch rating. After you have 2 A+ or A ratings, you will see that the chances of having your solution purchased will increase by 100% and you will be able to ask for a much higher price on your solutions. This is like eBay. People are wary to to buy from someone with no feedback. Your first two assignments are crucial for having your work cut out for you. I will talk more about this in the next part, "Managing Your Competition". Let’s look at another case.

Case 2 tbc....

1 Like

Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by pauloekee(m): 9:07am On Jan 12, 2013
Waoh! U ar really doin a good job here,pls keep it up I'm following.thanks
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 12, 2013
pauloekee: Waoh! U ar really doin a good job here,pls keep it up I'm following.thanks

thanks.thats good to hear
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by fistonme(m): 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2013
Good...
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by pauloekee(m): 1:23pm On Jan 12, 2013
Hi Tutor
I went to dnnsstuffs and my ip was,also to providence and I got an address bt hw do I get a phone number?
Pls wats d nxt step? Shud I go to paypal?...tanks so much
I've also created and acct wit studentoffotune
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by lakefist(m): 3:51pm On Jan 12, 2013
following your tutorials please continue.......i cant wait to start making my first money online doing research
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by kismo(m): 8:26pm On Jan 12, 2013
@OP, I must commend the great work you are doing here. In fact, it is not only for money making, it is also go for undergraduates and postgraduates students. YOU HAVE MY FULL ATTENTION.
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
pauloekee: Hi Tutor
I went to dnnsstuffs and my ip was,also to providence and I got an address bt hw do I get a phone number?
Pls wats d nxt step? Shud I go to paypal?...tanks so much
I've also created and acct wit studentoffotune

your ip location will be providence utah. just go to google
and type providence utah yellow pages
browse through the links and find an address
maybe a barbershop , copy the ad and phone number
then open paypal. you can leave it for about
a week before you start thinking of linking your account to card and vba
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
kismo: @OP, I must commend the great work you are doing here. In fact, it is not only for money making, it is also go for undergraduates and postgraduates students. YOU HAVE MY FULL ATTENTION.

really, i never thought about that. good

lakefist: following your tutorials please continue.......i cant wait to start making my first money online doing research

cool
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by kismo(m): 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2013
@OP, hope you will still explain in detail how to open and use d pp or vpn. God bless u. Thanks for this information.
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2013
kismo: @OP, hope you will still explain in detail how to open and use d pp or vpn. God bless u. Thanks for this information.

i'll do that much later. next case studies coming up.
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by maxibrainz: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
Can I start earning without having a paypal account. What i mean is can i start doing this tutorial biz and when i have earned enough open paypal to withdraw my profit.
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 14, 2013
maxibrainz: Can I start earning without having a paypal account. What i mean is can i start doing this tutorial biz and when i have earned enough open paypal to withdraw my profit.

yes,i think yours is a cool idea
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by pep78: 9:53am On Jan 14, 2013
@op Nice job u r doin here. My only problem is what if paypal ask me to verify my accout with an account number of a bank in my new location. What happens
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Ofejiro20: 11:50am On Jan 14, 2013
Weldone babaearly, u re doing a gr8 job here so I commend u 4 dat. Actually most of us re nt still hook up in one way or the other mostly becos of the payment method- paypal, supposing it was LR the thread will be getting much attention dan dis. So pls try teach us hw to open nd verify a PP a/c becos dats the most essential requirement needed b4 working in those sites.
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by 3RNEST(m): 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
Ofejiro20: Weldone babaearly, u re doing a gr8 job here so I commend u 4 dat. Actually most of us re nt still hook up in one way or the other mostly becos of the payment method- paypal, supposing it was LR the thread will be getting much attention dan dis. So pls try teach us hw to open nd verify a PP a/c becos dats the most essential requirement needed b4 working in those sites.
Point Noted, and i second that, LR will bring more attention compare to paypal, we all know it's difficult to setup an account with paypal, so i suggest, we learn the signing up first before getting involve in those site stated in your post @OP....pls do sometin for the LR users in the house!
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
pep78: @op Nice job u r doin here. My only problem is what if paypal ask me to verify my accout with an account number of a bank in my new location. What happens

i dont want to supply information that will make you regret later. on paypal just hold on and i'll get you the right info on how to open it and keep it safe. you just have to follow strict and discpline orders so you dont get it wrong.

Ofejiro20: Weldone babaearly, u re doing a gr8 job here so I commend u 4 dat. Actually most of us re nt still hook up in one way or the other mostly becos of the payment method- paypal, supposing it was LR the thread will be getting much attention dan dis. So pls try teach us hw to open nd verify a PP a/c becos dats the most essential requirement needed b4 working in those sites.

you said the right thing, well my plan in bringing this idea to nl was that if many of us could start doing this biz then i may write to sof to make a payment system suitable for us. with persistence they might eventually create something for us. but how many of us are ready to do this biz?
you can take the risk and open paypal but you have to be disciplined when using a vpn and the amount of times you access your account and move funds in order to forestall closure of account.
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
Case study #2

To solve this one I would require the files for these cases, as well as the actual assignment requirements. My Google searches didn’t turn up any good results. I know HTML and CSS so this wouldn’t prove a hard thing for me. But I still couldn’t do the tutorials without having the actual source files. The publisher’s site had a link to the case files but the link was down. There was no where I could find them. I had to get the book.

Again, I was not going to buy the book, when all I needed was the case files to it. I found the book in it’s entirety on Google Books... but still no sight of the supplements. Browsing the book, I found some clues. I noticed right away that the exercises had specific instructions. One of them was that files had to be named in a certain way: functions.js, functxt.js, eventstxt.htm, oaetxt.htm, newyear.css, tulsa.css, quiz.css I searched for each file individually. When I searched for “oaetxt.htm” the results page was more helpful this time.

Someone had uploaded the complete tutorial files on a faculty website. I saved the whole page along with all the remaining files and started working on the actual tutorial. The tutorial itself was easy, as I had the book and the instructions on what needed to be done. I completed both tutorials, zipped them up and uploaded them to SoF. A few minutes later my solution was purchased. I earned $40 for this assignment and the student was so pleased with my solution that he left me an A+ rating and a glowing review. All I did was download a couple of files and write some basic HTML.

That’s it. It didn’t take me more than 30 minutes to make $40. As an aside, on further browsing the faculty server, I had found the solved case files uploaded in their entirety for ALL the exercises in the book. Even without knowing HTML I could have earned this money. Actually, the student that asked me this question contacted me a few days later asking for the rest of the exercises, as I had anticipated. All I did was zip them up and upload them on SoF. Use the search operator “site: *.edu” to tell Google to target university websites specifically. For example, if I were searching for “oeatxt.html” I would write :

oaetxt.html site:*.edu

You’ll be surprised at the things that turn up in such a search. Goes to show what you can accomplish with a little “creativity” and just one search operator.

case 3 tbc later today
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by lakefist(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
welldone following....lesson learnt and well understood questions coming up after the whole tutorial
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by kismo(m): 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
@OP, I wanted to signup in SoF but it kept indicating "under age...you must be 18 years and above to register". Meanwhile the date of birth I used was far above 18 years, yet I couldn't register. Please what could have been the problem?
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Ofejiro20: 9:55pm On Jan 14, 2013
babaearly:

i dont want to supply information that will make you regret later. on paypal just hold on and i'll get you the right info on how to open it and keep it safe. you just have to follow strict and discpline orders so you dont get it wrong.

you said the right thing, well my plan in bringing this idea to nl was that if many of us could start doing this biz then i may write to sof to make a payment system suitable for us. with persistence they might eventually create something for us. but how many of us are ready to do this biz?
you can take the risk and open paypal but you have to be disciplined when using a vpn and the amount of times you access your account and move funds in order to forestall closure of account.
No prob bro, w've no option than to accept things like dat... I'll sort out a way to open one, for SOL its not much problem 4 me.
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by 3RNEST(m): 10:54pm On Jan 14, 2013
I just did a searched on this tutorial, and i found a site pay accepted LR!! cool thx Op for the ideas...
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Ofejiro20: 11:23am On Jan 15, 2013
@3rnest which one re u talkng abt Sol or aceyourcollegeclasses? Pls enlighten me cos I didnt find LR in both
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by pauloekee(m): 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
Hi tutor,
I hav created an acct wit paypal, its remaining for me to link it wit my bank acct.All tanks to u my mentor.But is there any way I can link my acct on SOF to my VISA or MASTER card directly? And also can I use som1 else's paypal acct 4 withdrawals?.Thanks so much as I look 4ward to meeting in person real soon.God Bless You
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
3RNEST: I just did a searched on this tutorial, and i found a site pay accepted LR!! cool thx Op for the ideas...

abeg tell us now cool

pauloekee: Hi tutor,
I hav created an acct wit paypal, its remaining for me to link it wit my bank acct.All tanks to u my mentor.But is there any way I can link my acct on SOF to my VISA or MASTER card directly? And also can I use som1 else's paypal acct 4 withdrawals?.Thanks so much as I look 4ward to meeting in person real soon.God Bless You

Only paypal but they accept visa and mastercard when you want to fund your account i.e if you want to buy a tutorial. If you know that person handles his account without stress, then you can.

Here is one good thing about sof

If your tutorial is purchased by the person who asked the question, you’ll earn the bounty less 18%. That’s about what it costs us to process the transactions and keep the kittens fed for you.

You’ll make great money selling tutorials to the original question askers. But we’re not leaving it at that. With Student of Fortune, you’ll make even more money selling your tutorials to lots of other people… tutorials can be sold dozens or even hundreds of times! In these cases, you’ll get 60% of the bounty.

you see the possibilities
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 15, 2013
kismo: @OP, I wanted to signup in SoF but it kept indicating "under age...you must be 18 years and above to register". Meanwhile the date of birth I used was far above 18 years, yet I couldn't register. Please what could have been the problem?

try and use another browser but clear cookies first.
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by lakefist(m): 11:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
I will wait until our tutor finish his tutorial and i hope it doesnt take more days cos i am already on sof and i can see problems dat re so cheap for me to solve..after d tutorial i will create my paypal cos my payoneer card to verify my paypal will arrive nigeria hopefully feb. And i arldady have static vpn dat i pay 5dollar for a month.
Tutor pls carry go without delay
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
Sorry guys for the long wait. cool
I'm back with the next lesson.
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
Case Study #3

On my third case study, the assignment was to write a Leadership Action Plan for a student. I don’t have a picture for this as he has deleted the question since. I thought that the assignment was interesting, but I wasn’t sure how I was going to write it. Suffice to say, he had set a due date in 2 days and he needed a well written plan. I had to go so I bookmarked the page because I was interested in solving it later (he was paying $50).
When I returned after a few hours, he had already deleted the question. I don’t know the cause, but I was sure that there was a very low chance of it already being solved. Most of the “tutors” on Soldier of Fortune are looking for “easy” assignments, questions that have a copy & paste answer or already-solved solutions. This is why when something remotely difficult comes up, they just skip it. But the question had already been deleted. It seemed like there was no other choice. But I had the bookmark. By having the URL, I was able to get a copy of the question from Google’s cache and find out the student’s username.

I searched for his username and promptly messaged him, asking if he was still interested. He was. I asked him to clarify what he had to do. He sent me a supplement, a PDF file that was the result of an online survey of sorts which was to be used in the writing of his Leadership Action Plan. It didn’t have much “text” but it had scores and different tasks which the student was graded for.

This was a good start. By searching on Google for “leadership action plan example” I had an idea of what was required. He also sent me another file which stated the requirements and what the student would be graded for in this term project.
I had all that I needed to write the plan. It probably took me about an hour to come up with a decent 4 page document. I asked him to create a question specifically for me, so that I could upload the solution and have him buy it. I also raised the price to $75, from the $50 that he was asking initially. He bought it but he wasn’t fully satisfied so he asked me to “extend” it a little. I obliged. I had written around 900 words total, which was acceptable, but I have observed that 1200 words is an academic standard for more “serious” projects. I messaged him again, asking some more personal questions so as to have some info to fill the report with.

I uploaded the amended document and he was happy. I could have easily charged him an extra $15 for the correction, but I thought that I was going to do this for free, so as to have him consider coming directly to me for any further tasks that he may have in the future.

Case 4 tbc
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2013
Bookmark this thread incase it goes out from first page then You can always find your way back.
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by lillyveezy: 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
thanks babaearly.U are just tooo much for giving this out free,seeing u could have made money out of it.
Re: Get Paid To Search (A Tutorial) by lillyveezy: 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
[quote
author=babaearly]Case study #2

To solve this one I would require the files for these cases, as well as
the actual assignment requirements. My Google searches didn’t turn up
any good results. I know HTML and CSS so this wouldn’t prove a hard
thing for me. But I still couldn’t do the tutorials without having the
actual source files. The publisher’s site had a link to the case files
but the link was down. There was no where I could find them. I had to
get the book.

Again, I was not going to buy the book, when all I needed was the case
files to it. I found the book in it’s entirety on Google Books... but
still no sight of the supplements. Browsing the book, I found some
clues. I noticed right away that the exercises had specific
instructions. One of them was that files had to be named in a certain
way: functions.js, functxt.js, eventstxt.htm, oaetxt.htm, newyear.css,
tulsa.css, quiz.css I searched for each file individually. When I
searched for “oaetxt.htm” the results page was more helpful this time.

Someone had uploaded the complete tutorial files on a faculty website. I
saved the whole page along with all the remaining files and started
working on the actual tutorial. The tutorial itself was easy, as I had
the book and the instructions on what needed to be done. I completed
both tutorials, zipped them up and uploaded them to SoF. A few minutes
later my solution was purchased. I earned $40 for this assignment and
the student was so pleased with my solution that he left me an A+ rating
and a glowing review. All I did was download a couple of files and
write some basic HTML.

That’s it. It didn’t take me more than 30 minutes to make $40. As an
aside, on further browsing the faculty server, I had found the solved
case files uploaded in their entirety for ALL the exercises in the book.
Even without knowing HTML I could have earned this money. Actually, the
student that asked me this question contacted me a few days later
asking for the rest of the exercises, as I had anticipated. All I did
was zip them up and upload them on SoF. Use the search operator “site:
*.edu” to tell Google to target university websites specifically. For
example, if I were searching for “oeatxt.html” I would write :

oaetxt.html site:*.edu

You’ll be surprised at the things that turn up in such a search. Goes to
show what you can accomplish with a little “creativity” and just one
search operator.

case 3 tbc later today[/quote]

I think I need more explanation here.I do not know "html"Css". this creativity is more of programmers technicaliy.pls more light will be appreciated.
Thanking You!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria / How To Set Up A Profitable Sachet Water Business In 2017 / Second Hand Clothing & Shoes Importation To Nigeria Anyone With Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.