Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? (1809 Views)

Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have / How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? / How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by cbrass(m): 8:07am On Aug 24, 2014
Sometimes when I go to some churches, I do wonder at times when their pastors suddenly start uttering in some funny languages, just ordinary preaching alone you can hear lots of funny langauges let alone during prayer.

Some female pastors dressed like jezebels also will say they are speaking in tongues,

My question is: Is the holyspirit this cheap
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:15am On Aug 24, 2014
All "Tongues" are not from the Holy Spirit. Devils speak in many languages too.
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Kay17: 8:31am On Aug 24, 2014
Come to think about the holy spirit and the tongues drama, the tongues were actually languages at that time, and the ability to speak several languages was indispensable to the early Christian evangelist. I think one of the tongues was Egyptian.

The relevance and usefulness of ancient tongues in today's world and evangelism is null. Neither can these tongues be the Heavenly language because we know they were languages of earthly peoples.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Kei144(m): 8:33am On Aug 24, 2014
Problem is, people don't know much about the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit in a person is a finger of God dwelling in that person. The person should immediately start working as God. Not just speaking gibberish, but also doing miracles, living holy life, being gentle and humble, and being a manifestation of love.

Getting the real Holy Spirit is a very expensive thing. You will have to completely overhaul your life, dropping many aspects of your life and picking up many aspects, in order to get the fullness of the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by emmyskies(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2014
Better keep quiet lest you bring yourself to destruction. Sin against the Holy Spirit can never ever ever ever be forgiven

2 Likes

Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Kei144(m): 10:00am On Aug 24, 2014
emmyskies: Better keep quiet lest you bring yourself to destruction. Sin against the Holy Spirit can never ever ever ever be forgiven

I guess you referred to me. One funny thing I have noticed on Nairaland is that a person states the knowledge he has about something. Another person with a 'holier than thou' attitude vomits condemnation against the person who made effort to display some knowledge, without ever showing his own knowledge. Can you present what you know about the Holy Spirit and how easy it is to have Him dwell in a person? That is what this thread should be all about.
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2014
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 24, 2014
In as much as it is not in our domain to criticise a subject narrative we know little about, I still feel a little of " BABALAWO INCANTATION" has found its way into pentecostalism by the numerous charlatans adorning the title MOG.

1 Like

Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by cold(m): 10:46am On Aug 24, 2014
emmyskies: Better keep quiet lest you bring yourself to destruction. Sin against the Holy Spirit can never ever ever ever be forgiven
Huh! And here i was thinking the Holy Spirit was actually a drink

2 Likes

Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Elijah78: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
Remember that there are also tongues of demons. Op like you asked, the Holy spirit is not that cheap.
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by cbrass(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
cold:

Bro please don't joke with sensitive things such as this o, pls
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by cbrass(m): 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
Bro Seun please move this to frontpage so others can learn from the beautiful responses here save for two
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
Kei144:

I guess you referred to me. One funny thing I have noticed on Nairaland is that a person states the knowledge he has about something. Another person with a 'holier than thou' attitude vomits condemnation against the person who made effort to display some knowledge, without ever showing his own knowledge. Can you present what you know about the Holy Spirit and how easy it is to have Him dwell in a person? That is what this thread should be all about.
My brother, this is only my twopenny, pls. I'd counsel u tread carefully because the things of the Spirit of GOD is beyond mortal grasp. Moreso, our relationship with GOD is faith-based.
We are able to approach the courts of GOD under His great grace and not our efforts.
If u feel the present day speaking in tongues isnt what it ought to be, then i suggest u desist from the exercise and allow the rest of us carry on in our 'folly'.

1 Like

Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
holy spirit is not a drink, neither is it cheap.
It is simply a useless by product of creation that doG doesn't know what to do with it, so to amuse himself, sometimes He sends it out to attack His followers in the form of a dove, a fire or a temporary madness inducing spirit.
The worst it that He asks His followers not to disrespect it, that indeed it is better to transgress against doG Himself than the holy spirit. So no matter what does, shyit on them as bird, light fire on their head a la Michael Jackson, or cause them to utter gibberish in public, they still live in utmost awe and fear of it.

(Did you guys notice my capital G and H respect?)
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Lex11(m): 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
Op... like some have said, not all tongues are tongues. Some people just do it mechanically to feel that they are saved or "among", or for whatever reason

"...The Lord knoweth them that are his..." - 2 Tim 2:19

We should all be careful regarding the things of God.

"But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation." - Mark 3:29
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Infomizer(m): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
cold:

Wicked! lmsao...
A cold drink at that...cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by emmyskies(m): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2014
Kei144:

I'm referring to both you and everyone on the tread

cold:

I pity you. You will regret ever being created!
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by cbrass(m): 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
emmyskies:

Excuse me! shocked that's too harsh, Even God doesn't desire in the death of a sinner so what's your own with cursing him, what I think he needs his prayers, do you think if he knows what he is doing he will utter those heavy words?

1 Like

Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by cbrass(m): 11:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
Come to think of it, a lady in trousers, some almost naked will also say they are speaking in tongues, please don't let's anger God,
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by urheme: 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2014
The holy spirit is a conforter that gives u inner peace, directs u, equips u with wisdom and does resides in you.

The holy spirit does not make u mad and talk rubbish, it does not make u roll on the floor to embarras u and your family.

Modern day christians and their aclaimed holy ghost baptism is arrant nonsence.

1 Like

Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by cbrass(m): 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
urheme: The holy spirit is a conforter that gives u inner peace, directs u, equips u with wisdom and does resides in you.

The holy spirit does not make u mad and talk rubbish, it does not make u roll on the floor to embarras u and your family.

Modern day christians and their aclaimed holy ghost baptism is arrant nonsence.

Lmao grin
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by cold(m): 6:43am On Aug 25, 2014
emmyskies:
I'm referring to both you and everyone on the tread

I can relate to what you're saying. The other day after having a few swigs from my bottle of the Holy Spirit,my body started shaking violently, i was rooted to the spot,the heavens opened and i saw this thing that looked like half man-half beast. He was breathing fire and had a blazing sword in his right hand. Rushing towards me at the speed of light with a host of other beastly looking creatures;it was the most frightening scenario i have ever seen. Dayum! The Holy Spirit is a real man's drink,i swear down

Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by jdilight(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2014
cbrass: Sometimes when I go to some churches, I do wonder at times when their pastors suddenly start uttering in some funny languages, just ordinary preaching alone you can hear lots of funny langauges let alone during prayer.

Some female pastors dressed like jezebels also will say they are speaking in tongues,

The word cheap should not be used for the Holy Spirit. But I can assure the He (the Holy Spirit) is easy to get, if you know how. I also pity alot of people who think speaking in tongues indicate the presence of the Holy Spirit. Tongue is a gift, while the giver of that gift is the Holy Spirit. Many are after the gift then the giver. You can have the Holy Spirit without speaking in tongue. I love the Holy Spirit than the gift.

1 Like

Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Omexonomy: 10:09am On Aug 25, 2014
cbrass: Bro Seun please move this to frontpage so others can learn from the beautiful responses here save for two
must everything be move to the front page why cant we discuss it here
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Omexonomy: 10:21am On Aug 25, 2014
cold:
I can relate to what you're saying. The other after having a few swigs from my bottle of the Holy Spirit,my body started shaking violently, i was rooted to the spot,the heavens opened and i saw this thing that looked like half man-half beast. He was breathing fire and had a blazing sword in his right hand. Rushing towards me at the speed of light with a host of other beastly looking creatures;it was the most frightening scenario i have ever seen. Dayum! The Holy Spirit is a real man's drink,i swear down
why not be serious for once in ur life time.
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by cold(m): 10:47am On Aug 25, 2014
Omexonomy: why not be serious for once in ur life time.
Lol..I have never been more serious in my entire life. Not to worry,when you start to imbibe the holy spirit you might just have the experience. That is if you can withstand it though.
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by cbrass(m): 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2014
Omexonomy: must everything be move to the front page why cant we discuss it here

ok
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by emmyskies(m): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
cbrass:

Excuse me! shocked that's too harsh, Even God doesn't desire in the death of a sinner so what's your own with cursing him, what I think he needs his prayers, do you think if he knows what he is doing he will utter those heavy words?

That's why I pity him. My first comment before the one you quote was telling them to keep quiet, lest they bring curse upon themselves. Sin against the Holy Spirit can never be forgiven. Both in this world and in the world to come. I pity humans. They rebel against their creator, that is why GOD won't have mercy on them in judgement
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Supremor(m): 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
This is one of those areas where so many christians keep fooling themselves in as much as I believe in speaking in tongues the manner people claim to be speaking in tongues this days rubbishes the sacredness of the holy spirit and presents the gift of speaking in tongues as something that can be obtained by anyone regardless of your spiritual standing with God
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by CrazyMan(m): 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
cbrass: Sometimes when I go to some churches, I do wonder at times when their pastors suddenly start uttering in some funny languages, just ordinary preaching alone you can hear lots of funny langauges let alone during prayer.

Wake up bro, Nigeria is synonymous with the word FAKE we have fake corpers, fake doctors, fake soldiers...so you shouldn't be surprised when you walk into a church and see a jezeebel like pastor or a self acclaimed pastor who never attended any theology school speaking in tounges.

They are all fake! God's holy spirit isn't cheap.

1 Like

Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by Olusanya333(m): 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Believe not every Spirit. I will tell u What God says "By their fruit we shall know them". Be at PEACE nd hold to the TRUTH.
Re: Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? by BreezyRita(f): 9:17am On Aug 26, 2014
The Holy Spirit is not something ur someone you joke about. Everything about God is faith based! We can't say we know too much..... Its a mystery. only the Holy Spirit can open ur understanding in these matters.
Please and please be careful the things you utter about the Holy Spirit. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit can never be forgotten. I believed the Holy Spirit is the Executioner of God. He's the manifestation of God in a believer.....
About tongue speaking. Its a manifestation of the Holy Spirit in a man. It could also be from the pits of hell! That's why u need the spirit of discernment that comes with the Holy Spirit to know which is which.
It doesn't matter if u speak in human language, what matters is u can't understand what ur speaking.....
Don't try to understand God! Cos where ur understanding stops, that's where God's begins! Remember Hebrew 11:6
Finally, I'd like you to read these..... 1 Corinthians 14; Jude 1:20
God bless u!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians Who Sin Are Hypocrites - Pastor Kumuyi / Would Soldiers Go To Heaven Or Hell? / Islam And Igbos!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.