Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi (6752 Views)

Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP / The Alaafin Of Oyo Is Back, Flies Private Jet To Bauchi / Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by RedLight1: 11:02am On Jan 08, 2013
Onlytruth: Imagine governing a state with millions of dayokanus.
Ain't that hell? grin
hehehehehe it woulda being a great state coz criticsm would make d state work by fire by thunder
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 08, 2013
was he expecting it to be easy? come on, thats why you were elected to manage the difficulties

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by RedLight1: 11:16am On Jan 08, 2013
anonimi: Is Ajimobi a previously shoeless boy from Otuoke?
Is he a member of PDP??
Is he "clueless"?
Is he a "retardeen"?

What is the difference between

a) six
b) half a dozen

u knw one sweet tin abt south west and oyo especially? If u dnt perform above expectation.. Be sure that people will vote u out in the next election.. Thats why no governor has been able to rule the state twice (they dnt have time 4 mediocrity)trust me if ajimobi continue like this, he should forget 2nd term.. Unlike sum people that will ignore gej and pdp mediocrity and still vote 4 him
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 08, 2013
CrazyMan: Its not by force to rule. He should step down if the job is too tedious for him...what's the essence of ranting, when he can easily throw in the towel?

I hate hypocrites.

Exactly guy! Abeg someone shud tell d clueless Ajimobi to go try govern Kaduna state,then Lagos. Or perhaps,...Borno state. You are governor in Oyo state (where d only oppposition you get to contend wit r agberos-NURTW) and you yarning dust,wetin make Fashola talk?
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by akpanbaba: 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
This is what happens when a leader is not prepared for an office
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by Hardfact: 1:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
Complete the following:

Que. Oyo is difficult to govern, but . . . .

Ans. . . . . .but governoship position is very easy to quit by simple resignation.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
akpanbaba: This is what happens when a leader is not prepared for an office
Frankie9ice:

Exactly guy! Abeg someone shud tell d clueless Ajimobi to go try govern Kaduna state,then Lagos. Or perhaps,...Borno state. You are governor in Oyo state (where d only oppposition you get to contend wit r agberos-NURTW) and you yarning dust,wetin make Fashola talk?

AJIMOBI'S quote has been largely misinterpretd out of contest.
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
He didn't say he couldn't rule he only said it's difficult cool
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2013
Akinmail:
AJIMOBI'S quote has been largely misinterpretd out of contest.

Guy perhaps you shud take d pain to breakdown what yor Govnr meant to us,...since d average Nairalander no longer understands English in yor estimation,pidgin english may just be appropraite for yor interpretation. We dey wait bros!
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by Hardfact: 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
Akinmail: He didn't say he couldn't rule he only said it's difficult cool

Eeyaa, I think I understand. That's why we remind an easy alternative - if governing is difficult, he should remember that resigning from office is very easy. If he finds it difficult up there, let him remember it's never been easy for the common man on the street.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by emiye(m): 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
That a student says an exam is difficult doesn't mean (s)he won't score an A.

What is the hullabaloo all about?
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by anonimi: 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
Red-Light:
u knw one sweet tin abt south west and oyo especially? If u dnt perform above expectation.. Be sure that people will vote u out in the next election.. [size=13pt]Thats why no governor has been able to rule the state twice (they dnt have time 4 mediocrity)[/size]trust me if ajimobi continue like this, he should forget 2nd term.. Unlike sum people that will ignore gej and pdp mediocrity and still vote 4 him

Given that Uncle Bola Ige led (not ruled) Oyo state for only one term also (1979-1983) and based on your highlighted inference above, will you also say that he was "mediocre"

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by anonimi: 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
akpanbaba: This is what happens when a leader is not prepared for an office

Maybe he is prepared for the office with a different objective other than governance for the benefit of the good people of Oyo state whose taxes he spends.

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by olubukolaoyewo: 4:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
It seems that he didnt prepare before he became governor. i wonder why he has refused to conduct local government election since he assumed power. Do the right thing

1 Like

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by wetgate2010: 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ola edo: [size=15pt]Oyo is difficult to govern – Ajimobi[/size]

On January 8, 2013 · In News

12:55 am

By OLA AJAYI

Good intentions indeed. So sponsoring wives of legislooters for shopping in the UK was for the good of the state. SMH undecided undecided

IBADAN — GOVERNOR Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State yesterday admitted that the state was a difficult one to govern.

He said it is the state that harbours “largest party of lies” and a place where you help one person and the remaining nine are offended.

He said this at the inter-religious prayer session held to usher in Year 2013 at the Governor’s Office Car Park, Secretariat, Ibadan.

“It is difficult for someone to rule this state. It is in Oyo State that you have the largest party of lies. No matter how good you are, you will have enemies and friends”, the governor explained.

He added that as nobody is perfect, his government has its own faults but all of them are done in good faith.

The prayer which was well attended by politicians, civil servants, and many other notable people in the state also served as beacon of hope for workers as the governor said many times that it would be a “pay back year” for the workers.

He commended them for absorbing all the challenges, pressures and “tsunami of change” that his administration introduced to make them better.

Ajimobi said: “For you to have been able to withstand the pressure that we have brought to bear on you; for you to have survived our shocking treatment and the pyramid of checks and balances, rest assured that this year is your year of reward.

“We have demanded a lot from you and you have given us; and for those of you who have survived the tsunami of change which was aimed at instilling discipline in the system and making the civil service service-oriented, you will be adequately compensated,” he promised.

While giving glory to God for being with his administration, the civil servants and the entire people of the state, Governor Ajimobi said but for God, his efforts at transforming and repositioning the state would have been insignificant.

The head of of the religious service, Alhaji Tajudeen Aremu had earlier in his welcome address urged civil servants to key into the blueprint of the government for the successful implementation of Ajimobi’s laudable programmes.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/oyo-is-difficult-to-govern-ajimobi/

So sponsoring wives of legislooters to UK for shopping was motivated by good intentions? undecided

1 Like

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by emiye(m): 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
The long years of "adedibu" kind of politics in Oyo state has severely affected the psyche of a typical oyo state indigene. Complaints i hear from some people in Ibadan, is he is not "sharing" the money. .

To many in Oyo state, a good Governor is the one "sharing" the money,but i am certain the good people will trump the bad ones, Oyo state is improving, the next 12 months will bring about positive changes more than the last 19 months.(Quote me later).
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by anonimi: 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
wetgate2010:

So sponsoring wives of legislooters to UK for shopping was motivated by good intentions? undecided

Now he was prepared for such wasteful expenditure but not for governance for the masses on whose behalf he goes to Abuja monthly with a begging bowl like almajiri for federal allocation from Niger Delta oil!

Did he, Ajimobi, not also go to London IMMEDIATELY after the "training" mission for the legisLOOTERs wives

Won fe pe aja l'obo fun wa - Dem wan do us hide & seek (boju boju)

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by jmaine: 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
emiye: The long years of "adedibu" kind of politics in Oyo state has severely affected the psyche of a typical oyo state indigene. Complaints i hear from some people in Ibadan, is he is not "sharing" the money. .

To many in Oyo state, a good Governor is the one "sharing" the money,but i am certain the good people will trump the bad ones, Oyo state is improving, the next 12 months will bring about positive changes more than the last 19 months.(Quote me later).

Imagine the useless excuse this goon is dishing out . . .Trying to belittle the people of Oyo who elected him . . . .

1 Like

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2013
Red-Light:
hehehehehe it woulda being a great state coz criticsm would make d state work by fire by thunder

Yes ooo

Cos Ajisebi Oyo laari Oyo kiise bi baba enikan
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by abayomilove(m): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
Transfer the mantle of the leadership to my side.. I will rule Oyo state with easy... Not easy but u can not leave the position.. Big fool.
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by emiye(m): 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
jmaine:

Imagine the useless excuse this goon is dishing out . . .Trying to belittle the people of Oyo who elected him . . . .
Call it whatever you like, "the good ones will trump the bad ones". He is a governor of all, those who voted him in & those who did not." the good & bad followers" . Those who lost their daily bread from the kitchen of impunity can continue to cry ..... The Governor should stay focused.
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by jmaine: 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
emiye: Call it whatever you like, "the good ones will trump the bad ones". He is a governor of all, those who voted him in & those who did not." the good & bad followers" . Those who lost their daily bread from the kitchen of impunity can continue to cry ..... The Governor should stay focused.

The Governor is the one crying here simply because the followers have dissenting views about him . . .
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by emiye(m): 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
jmaine:

The Governor is the one crying here simply because the followers have dissenting views about him . . .

Much ado about nothing ! The Governor made a statement from what he observed, and people like you have made a mountain out of the mole hill.

It is expected, the 2011 election was a very close 3 horse race, amongst ACN, PDP, Accord. Even the house of assembly at inception did not have an ACN majority, the Deputy speaker was picked from Accord party The big opposition parties try to incite the populace and play dirty politics to incite the "people". There are several tales they come up with, like the wife is the one making decision for the governor, wife is laundering money abroad , bla bla ,........

One thing is clear, Governance must be placed ahead of the kind of primordial politics which some of the opposition elements are playing.
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by jmaine: 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
emiye:

Much ado about nothing ! The Governor made a statement from what he observed, and people like you have made a mountain out of the mole hill.

The same way hypocritical goons like you make mountain out of every mole hill with topics concerning the FG. . .A refresh of my quote to you again . . .

jmaine:
If the State Governments with a fraction of the population to cater for have valid reasons to complain . . .how much more the FG who have over 160 million people to cater for, since the average Nigerian is fixated on them rather than equally holding their state governors and L.G.A reps to ransom . . .

Consistency is needed at all times . . . .

.[/size]

emiye:

It is expected, the 2011 election was a very close 3 horse race, amongst ACN, PDP, Accord. Even the house of assembly at inception did not have an ACN majority, the Deputy speaker was picked from Accord party The big opposition parties try to incite the populace and play dirty politics to incite the "people". There are several tales they come up with, like the wife is the one making decision for the governor, wife is laundering money abroad , bla bla ,........

One thing is clear, Governance must be placed ahead of the kind of primordial politics which some of the opposition elements are playing.

Hilarious and ironical seeing a goon confidently list out "Distractive" vices his party wholesomely and gladly indulges on a consistent basis, as the major opposition party to the FG . . .Guess it's one rule for the ACN and another rule for others . . .

Chronic Hypocrisy is a terrible ailment . . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by omowolewa: 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
Abeg, go learn from Ladoja. I wish Ladoja was the Governor.
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by oderemo(m): 9:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
same ajimobi that resently i mean since becoming governor bought houses in london and us. abi u wan make i commot figures,names,places for you ni.
ajimobi shattap for there.
we are no fools.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
emiye: The long years of "adedibu" kind of politics in Oyo state has severely affected the psyche of a typical oyo state indigene. Complaints i hear from some people in Ibadan, is he is not "sharing" the money. .

From my understanding of what goes on in Osun, when the streets/grassroots say aregbe ain't "sharing" money, It's a local parlance that means most contractors(including their artisans & Labours) are usually brought in from lagos to work in osun state hence living few jobs for the locals. Something similar might be going on in Oyo state.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by abrat: 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2013

You again?
why do you reason with your anus instead of your brain?
Instead of you to call a spade a spade you are trying to protect your pot of soup.

I'm afraid Nigeria will not develop with pple of your kind.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by RedLight1: 10:53am On Jan 09, 2013
anonimi:

Given that Uncle Bola Ige led (not ruled) Oyo state for only one term also (1979-1983) and based on your highlighted inference above, will you also say that he was "mediocre"

May be... i dunno why he was voted out or may be he didnt run for second term .. all i know is ... he was there just once and he myt have been voted out, due to lack of perfomance or some unforeseen circumstances
Re: Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi by Samxiulee: 2:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
Am really disappointed at ajimobi,oyo state has witnessed terrible leaders over the past few years,a state that was once a pace setter is currently lagging behind,am not an indigen,but I spent 7 years of my life in that state,the level of poverty in some areas is mind blowing,what makes me more angry is the fact that this state has all the potentials to be on the level of lagos,abuja,porthacourt,but rather its contesting with kano for the most filthy state,I was the capital of the old western region for goodness sake.
Gov Ajimobi need to do better,cocoa has to be revamp,farming settlement has to be created,in atleat 10 lga in the state,each equiped with health centers and a school both basic and secondary,a storage facility,and a cottage industry where the product/crop that is being produce can be process to add value for either exports or local consumption.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#Endsars:guys Set Internet Ablaze After A Video Of Them Testing Juju. / Video Of ESN In Orlu / Oil Marketers Lament As Inflation, Forex Shoot Up Operating Costs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.