Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East (2461 Views)

See The Town Where Chad Say Boko Haram Hide. - Real Satellite Picture Inside / Oyo Is Difficult To Govern – Ajimobi / Oyo State Is More Populated Than Kastina State -satellite Picture: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by Liketoo: 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2006
Satellite Picture shows that Oyo is more populated the South East
, This na wao, what a world, Thank God for larry pages

http://www.nigeriaone.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=07b95e8d7434f7107c68eb27e0514c52&topic=1744.msg2071;topicseen#msg2071
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by Revolution: 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2006
Nonsense. I can't see no humans in the picture so how on earth did you or they come to that conclussion? Common sense will tell you just from the number of Igbos you meet in Nigeria that they are one of the three largest ethnic groups in Nigeria. Quite frankly given the number of Igbo in the North, West and East they are probably now the largest ethnic group, afterall the poll that made them third was decades ago and the population distribution must have changed since then. It is shame the last census did count the ethnic groups.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by DRANOEL(m): 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2006
@revolution
the way of life of northerners and westerners tends to support the notion that they are more in population than the easterners, first of all islam which is practised in the north and the west allows them to marry up to four wives and as such more children.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by TayoD(m): 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2006
Is someone trying to play on our intelligence here? They must think we are all mugu. That picture does not relate to anything by way of population.

Liketoo, I shake my head for you.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by bluenubian(f): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2006
yeah thank u, i dont see anything that tells the population, abeg babangida made the decisions he made and we ve been living with it
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by DRANOEL(m): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2006
undecided undecided
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by otokx(m): 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2006
what kind of joke is this?
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by toshmann(m): 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2006
how did this guy get the population from those photos? na wa o
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by Nutter(m): 11:18pm On Jul 26, 2006
Revolution:

Nonsense. I can't see no humans in the picture so how on earth did you or they come to that conclussion?

Thank you. That is all that needs to be said on this matter.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:20am On Jul 27, 2006
DRANOEL:

@revolution
the way of life of northerners and westerners tends to support the notion that they are more in population than the easterners, first of all islam which is practised in the north and the west allows them to marry up to four wives and as such more children.

What a barbaric way of life, isn't it?,this is 2006 for God sake.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by Abeem(m): 6:19am On Jul 29, 2006
NINETOFIVE:

What a barbaric way of life, isn't it?,this is 2006 for God sake.
What has that got to do with the topic of discussion. @revolution was only trying to rationalize why the West may be more populous than the South East. You are not under any compulsion to agree with his reasoning. Calling the people barbaric simply because they do not believe in the same doctrine with you is pregnant with racist undertones and is cheap, insulting and ethnocentric.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by Revolution: 8:07am On Jul 29, 2006
Dranoel, on the contrary women in a polygamous marriage have less children than those in a monogamous marrige. After all women have to share one man, who himself may be reluctant to have too many children.

Also the fact that one man can marry several wives and there seems to be no shortage of women in the north or west tells me the male, and probably the overall populoation, may be lower than the east. Not a scientific theory, just my thought.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by Orikinla(m): 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2006
Yoruba states are more populated than Igbo states in Nigeria.
Igbos in the South East practice family planning.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by Jaybaba(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2006
That picture does not prove the claim made.
There is no show of human beings there.
People should please think before making such posts. We can question dumb reasonings even though there are pictures to prove its dumbness.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2006
Orikinla:

Yoruba states are more populated than Igbo states in Nigeria.
Igbos in the South East practice family planning.

Yeah but it doesn't mean that it's all Yorubas in those states. If you decide to do a headcount, it will be Igbos all over the place in Yorubaland. Igbos are everywhere looking to get ahead. A fair census should easily conclude that Igbos are the majority ethnic group, everywhere I go it's Igbos here and there.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by BlackMamba(m): 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2006
Is this some Yoruba guy trying hard to reassure himself that the innumerable Igbo presence all around him hasn't in fact taken over the land.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by alabiyemmy(m): 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2007
bollocks - I bet most people shouting now did not even come out to be counted during the population exercise.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by FACE(m): 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2007
People make me laugh when they try to justify the census result based on the premise that muslims marry up to four wifes. Are they telling me that most muslims in Nigeria have 4 wives ? In any case, if the male/female ratio is approximately 1:1, does it not follow that for every man that marries 4 wives in a muslim community, that three other dudes dont get married at all, which means that only a quater of men in such communities are potentially involved in active procreation? A beg tell me anoda tin jare.
Re: Satellite Picture Shows That Oyo Is More Populated The South East by LoverBwoy(m): 12:13am On Feb 26, 2007
hmm

where is nigeria1 to explain this mathematical equation cool

(1) (Reply)

Another Plane Crash Wat The Problem / Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election / Buhari's Wife In Adultery Deal With Abacha's Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.