Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS (39597 Views)

University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell / Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / One Good Achievement As A Nigerian Don Discovers Cure For Diabetes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by dridowu: 6:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
Let hope it works
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by daryoor(m): 6:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
MAYOWAAK: A good development no doubt,if it turns out to be credible.At least better than UNILAG BREAD AND OAU PURE WATER
oau don get bread too o

3 Likes

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Afam4eva(m): 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
Well, until it's proven it's false to me.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Ozegbe(m): 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
The scientists who designed the Hiv virus actually have the cure... The only cure scientists don't have is that of cancer.
The cure for Hiv has been discovered a long time ago, but it will ruin so many businesses if made known to the public. Only the extremely powerful people have access to it...

3 Likes

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by boron10(m): 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by IKdImpeccable(m): 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Another Dr. Jeremiah Abalaka from the same Edo State has emerged again, i hope this will be real this time! Good Luck pips!
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Never knew there are Igbo men from Edo. So, Prof. Isaiah Nnanna Ibeh is now an Edo man, blimey!!!

These Igbo people self..very talented and gifted people. Always Making Nigeria Proud everyday. They 're pretty much behind every recent invention and discovery in Nigeria. I am not Igbo but I'm grateful for them for what they have done for Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by freecharles(m): 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
its difficult to cure diseases caused by virus......there are many plant viral diseased that has been in existence for years and still they have no cure.....and he just found the cure to a human viral disease that is not as old as some other viral disease......he will be a genius if he truly found the cure cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by aribisala0(m): 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
Why do these people continue to embarass Nigeria. Since when did doctors make announcements of cures in newspapers and he is a "DEAN" who should know better.

3 Likes

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by newman10(m): 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
I just hope for mankind's sake that it is true.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
I.K d Impeccable:
Another Dr. Jeremiah Abalaka from the same Edo State has emerged again, i hope this will be real this time! Good Luck pips!

How did Dr. Nnnana Ibeh become an Edo Native? He may be professor there but he is an Igbo man.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by aribisala0(m): 6:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ozegbe: The scientists who designed the Hiv virus actually have the cure... The only cure scientists don't have is that of cancer.
The cure for Hiv has been discovered a long time ago, but it will ruin so many businesses if made known to the public. Only the extremely powerful people have access to it...
How do you know this??
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
aribisala0: How do you know this??

Why don't go and study deeply before asking him how he got to know about it. It's a known fact that HIV was invented for the depopulation of Africans/blacks. These disease only came to existence in 1980.Our forebears lived for thousands of years, had sex with no condoms(there wasn't then) and were never infected by all these man-made sexually transmitted diseases to stop the population of growth of people of color around the world.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Jaggiey: 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
YuzedoII: This is either a half-truth, outright lie or long-awaited good news!

If a half-truth: The man is prematurely running his mouth and will be sabotaged completely + his credibility ruined forever!

If an outright lie: Just another noise-maker looking to exploit people's desperation and make a name for himself while at it. He will get his comeuppance as with the rest!

If true: It's a miracle!!!! Which is bad news for the west. Nothing good must come out of Africa. Plus all the billions in research grants stopping for all those multinationals/scientists? He will be silenced forever! HIV research is BIG BUSINESS, those anti-christs aint gonna give up their cash cow without a fight. They make billions of dollars every year from "HIV/AIDS research" and subsidizing ARVs.. That shii gon continue for the foreseeable future! Umuazi ga elinu nni! undecided

I think by this comment, you have skeptically sat on the fence. I do not blame you at all. The experience with Dr. Abalaka is still fresh in our memories. However, because this is coming from the walls of a reputed university like Uniben, then we may need to take give it a chance. The contrast with the case of Dr. Abalaka is obvious: Abalaka did not come out with any scientific explanation or analysis of his discovery but I see something different here. Caveat, I am not easily swayed by claims but there is a hunch making me to tilt abit towards believing this "miracle". I have already read from the Vanguard, the fact of the outcomes of the toxicology( i.e. study of side of effects/wholesomeness of the drugs),bateriological/virological analysis and the tests run both in Nigeria and the United States. For me, the logic is this, I expect a professor to weigh his views before expressing it and that by these claims, he has a lot at stake and he must also be aware of the consequences of a false claim.

I dare to add another twist which many may disagree with. There have been pronouncements by some men of God that there will be some scientific/medical breakthroughs this year. I am thinking this may be a fulfilment of some sort. Rather than being skeptical, I dauntlessly scream Eureka! We found it!!

Coming from Nigeria, it will be an answer to the trite question: Can anything good come out of Nigeria? I loud it:Y...E...S

9 Likes

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
Cure indeed grin grin grin grin

Let's wait and see naw
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Desmog21(m): 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
israel007: He should cure someone first or inject the virus and cure himself before he sings

Mehn!! Ur Talking
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by OmerianConsult: 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2013
Are some of u guys enlightened at all? He surely would have done some clinical trials before making his claim.

1 Like

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by JERRYAVICER4U(m): 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
y can we value our owen proff. If is some body from other country we wil belive Nigerian change o o

2 Likes

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Burger01(m): 6:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
Herbal drug...for possible cure. OK, let's keep fingers crossed.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Deeldorado: 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
The news is credible and from NAN. I am not surprised at all. The Professors at UBTH know their onions. UNIBEN Is really UNIBEST.

2 Likes

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by drlizzy(f): 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
Asiwaju9ja: THANK GOD, THIS HIV/AIDS BEEN DONE SPOIL FUVK O!
Dont celebrate yet
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
good news .
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by passion007: 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Prof Isaiah, you're a scientist-- you know the scientific method. So, until there's pharmacologic proof that your discovery is effective and safe, your claim na propaganda...or in scientific terms, an untested hypothesis.

Kindly quell our unbelief... I am badly wishing this is true nonetheless.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Wallie(m): 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
See as people dey manipulate news!!!! I think the jubilation is premature.

The article title and body spoke of the "possibility" of a cure and not that a cure was found!

He tested the drugs on 5 people and 7 months later 3 of them were "siro negative" and the remaining two were "slightly positive". If anybody is counting, that's a 60% success rate after 7 months on an extremely small sample size. He also started the research 2 years ago. Do you know how long it takes for a drug to be deemed safe for human consumption? Do you know why it takes so long?

What Prof. Isaiah Ibeh is actually advocating for is support from the federal government to help continue the research.

4 Likes

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Maximus17(m): 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
until we see someone with the virus who has been cured and can boldly come out and attest to it,it remains a rumour for now.if this is true,then its the biggest plus of the our time to Nigeria and the World at large
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Elueme: 6:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
Folks shouldn't be surprised. Great things had always come out of UNIBEN in medicine. It should be recalled that the first successful bone marrow transplant in black Africa took p,ace in that institution. Great UNIBEN!. Prof Ibeh couldn't have been raising false alarm. Nigeria should support this research and the long awaited medical discovery could be coming from Africa and Nigeria in particular.

3 Likes

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by drlizzy(f): 6:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
The people who created the virus have the cure all along.The politics and business involved in the cure is just too massive to be imagined.

1 Like

Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by kiyosaki1(m): 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
Can you expantiate on that?
Abagworo: If true, it could cost him his life. He should better go into hiding.
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Shaw007(m): 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2013
Arosa: If Nigeria can find a cure for AIDS/HIV, it must come from Edo state. No surprise there. cool
LOL!!! Ediotgrin

Not heard anything Like that here Oh!!
Maybe because I'm nt in d school of medicine tho!
But i knw Uniben's med skuL has 2 be one of the best,if its Not the best

if onLy the government can fund this research and just be independent for once!!

#GreatunibeN
#ProudLYUniben cool
Re: Uniben Professor Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
Knowledge9000:

These Igbo people self..very talented and gifted people. Always Making Nigeria Proud everyday. They 're pretty much behind every recent invention and discovery in Nigeria. I am not Igbo but I'm grateful for them for what they have done for Nigeria.
What's the meaning of this?..where exactly are y going wiv this??!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yabatech Student Commits Suicide After Her Boyfriend Broke Up With Her(Video) / The Massive Hospital To Be Completed By Kano Government (Photos) / Coronavirus: WHO Lists Nigeria, 12 Others As Top-risk African Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.