Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? (6072 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by smartmom(f): 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
I recently read an article in yahoo news on how a 'teen mom'waxed her 3 year old daughter's eyebrow to achieve a sophistcated fashionable look and how half way through the daughter balked, she had to use tweezers to finish the job when the baby slept.

I was aghast at that mom but then in introspect am wondering if given the chance, our naija moms would do thesame in varying degrees angry I see little girls wearing make up of all shades and colours and I wonder where to draw the line of what is acceptable. Parents what is your take here?
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by enaye1(f): 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
Mtcheeewwww, the nonsense some parents do to their kids! and to think that they believe they are helping the kids! what does a little girl need make up for? what is she making up? to attract who? to what end? what that mom is saying or telling her baby is you are ugly with your natural eyebrows so I got to reconstruct you to be acceptable. To think that waxing is a painful thing o! and for a baby too haba!
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by Gambrosia: 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
No!
I hardly use make up myself! TOO NATURAL A BEAUTY TO INVEST MY MONEY ON 'CLOWNISH' puffs! cool
TO DIRTY FOR THE SKIN. . .Clogs up my pores! TO OLD TO WALK AROUND WITH ZITS! kiss
When they are older, that is their doggone BIZZ! kiss

As for wharrrrreva others choose to do with their own kids. . .NOT MY GADDEM BIZZ! kiss
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by enaye1(f): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
Gambrosia: No!
I hardly use make up myself!
TO DIRTY FOR THE SKIN. . .Clogs up my pores! TO OLD TO WALK AROUND WITH ZITS! kiss
When they are older, that is their doggone BIZZ! kiss

Oho my take too, let them grow up first. allow them be kids, they grow too soon btw.
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by Gambrosia: 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
enaye1:

Oho my take too, let them grow up first. allow them be kids, they grow too soon btw.

Not to mention spoiling good clothes! Even if they are going for pageants! All natural! kiss

This is as good as it gets! cool

Bushy eyebrow and all. . . KIDS MUST BE KIDS ABEG! NO RUSH! cool

Mommy does not do 'LOUD' MAKE-UPS EITHER! cool

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/869213[/img]

6 Likes

Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by greatgod2012(f): 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
D mum in story is only being silly, why differnt shades on a 3years old girl, as in WTF?

As for me, till my daughter can decide on her own, of what she want and what she doesnt want, i cant imagine myself doing that for a baby girl. She has to decide that on her own.
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
To each his own...... On Dance and gymnastics big days , the schools have make up artist to work on kids ( 3&up) faces with heavy makeups.... so this is not about Naija moms only.... Mine play with my makeups for dress up play/pretend ( it's okay for me), not outings tho or their Daddy will ask me if I'm sane cheesy

It depends on how convenient you are.... I don't sweat small stuff jare.

1 Like

Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by Gambrosia: 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHM1gakYcqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OV2zCiSuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wphVjsMgX-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlfYSMY3zk8

You will just attract PE-DOPHILES into your home! grin
See what happened to this poor girl? SHE DIED FOR NOTHING!!!
YOU DON'T NEED MAKE-UP TO COVER BEAUTY ABI? grin

See her? All because her MOMMA DEAREST will not allow her to dress like a NORMAL CHILD/GIRL all to live HER OLD CARGO LIFE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH HER POOR DAUGHTER'S LIFE. . .MTCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!

See where it ended? cry ONE USELESS PEDO-PHILE(FATHER/BROTHER/UNCLE/SANATA CLAUS? WHOEVER SNATCHED HER LIFE AFTER SE-XUALLY MOLESTING HER ALL FOR COVER-UP) Till today. . . HER MOTHER DIED OF CANCER. . . MYSTERY UNSOLVED TILL TODAY!!!

I will NEVER FORGET THIS GIRL!!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by enaye1(f): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
jidegirl12: To each his own...... On Dance and gymnastics big days , the schools have make up artist to work on kids ( 3&up) faces with heavy makeups.... so this is not about Naija moms only.... Mine play with my makeups for dress up play/pretend ( it's okay for me), not outings tho or their Daddy will ask me if I'm sane cheesy
lol

It depends on how convenient you are.... I don't sweat small stuff jare.

Yeah play acting is ok. and face painting is kiddies play. What I think d poster is talking about here is serious adult make up like lipstick, mascara and glitter etc for going out. Heck I see it often in church yes church!

greatgod2012: D mum in story is only being silly, why differnt shades on a 3years old girl, as in WTF?

As for me, till my daughter can decide on her own, of what she want and what she doesnt want, i cant imagine myself doing that for a baby girl. She has to decide that on her own.

What she if 'decides' to use lipstick, foundation and such when she is 6 or 7? is that ok?
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by smartmom(f): 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
enaye1:

enaye1:

Beaautiful gal here
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by smartmom(f): 1:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
Gambrosia: You will just attract PE-DOPHILES into your home! grin
See what happened to this poor girl?
YOU DON'T NEED MAKE-UP TO COVER BEAUTY ABI? grin

I totally agree with you.
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by Gambrosia: 1:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
smartmom:

I totally agree with you.

Thank you! kiss
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by greatgod2012(f): 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
enaye1:

Yeah play acting is ok. and face painting is kiddies play. What I think d poster is talking about here is serious adult make up like lipstick, mascara and glitter etc for going out. Heck I see it often in church yes church!

What she if 'decides' to use lipstick, foundation and such when she is 6 or 7? is that ok?

no, i mean, when they are old enugh to take constructive decision, no 6/7 years old girl can take constructive decisions as such, you either take d decision for them, or you guide their decision......so, till when there is no need to make or guide their decision.
May God help us all.
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by aadetoyin(f): 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
Foundation and mascara ke!!! No daughter of mine dares try that. I wouldn't allow my daughter use make up till she is a teenager and even then she is not gonna be allowed to use so much. All she needs wen she is 8 is a chap stick when there's harmattan. And wen she is goin thru puberty, she'll get her own facial wash n facial care products cos of acne. But foundation n heavy makeup is a BIG NO NO.
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by baby124: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
16. I have to confess i love pedicures on little girls. So cute grin grin grin cheesy. Cant wait cool
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by dayokanu(m): 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
A California mother has lost custody of her 8-year-old daughter after she injected the girl with botox in preparation for a beauty pageant.

A person with knowledge of the situation told ABC News that the girl, Britney, is doing well but did not offer more detail on the ongoing investigation into the girl's mother, Kerry Campbell.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/california-daughter-injected-botox-longer-custody-mom/story?id=13611279#.UO22hXd0D0E
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by smartmom(f): 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
dayokanu:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/california-daughter-injected-botox-longer-custody-mom/story?id=13611279#.UO22hXd0D0E
shocked BOTOX? Now that is bringing in the heavy guns. Even grannies think twice bfore botox and a MOM does that to her child hah
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by smartmom(f): 4:46pm On Jan 10, 2013
@ Gambrosia, the girls (all 3 big and small) are lovely. All natural too.
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by enaye1(f): 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
Once again check out this sensible discussion in the general discussion on censoring our kids dressing :
http://www.nigerianparentsforum.com/index.php/board,1.0.html

1 Like

Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
[size=18pt]When she turns 18.. [/size] NOT EARLIER!!!

She must learn to see herself as beautiful first before enhancing her beauty artificially!

This ban covers the following as well;

Nail polish or colors

Hair Relaxer

Wigs/weave-ons

e.t.c

1 Like

Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by TableLeg(m): 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
I dont fu.c.k with make-up or any associated stuff!
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by kennykool4u: 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
when she turns 20
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
Lip gloss/wet lips (or whatever it's called), that's as far as I will allow, until she hits her teenage years...
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
smartmom: I recently read an article in yahoo news on how a 'teen mom'waxed her 3 year old daughter's eyebrow to achieve a sophistcated fashionable look and how half way through the daughter balked, she had to use tweezers to finish the job when the baby slept.

I was aghast at that mom but then in introspect am wondering if given the chance, our naija moms would do thesame in varying degrees angry I see little girls wearing make up of all shades and colours and I wonder where to draw the line of what is acceptable. Parents what is your take here?

The moment she began eat diiiik that will be the rigth time for make up! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by Cuddlemii: 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
Okija_juju: [size=18pt]When she turns 18.. [/size] NOT EARLIER!!!

She must learn to see herself as beautiful first before enhancing her beauty artificially!

[color=blue]This ban covers the following as well;

Nail polish or colors

Hair Relaxer

Wigs/weave-ons

e.t.c

Yeah, 18 is the realistic age, as long as its very mild.

I started at that age, I was already in my second year at the University and that probably explains why my mom chilled out a bit.

I like simple make-up - just powder and lip gloss. Nothing too excessive

1 Like

Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by pyyxxaro: 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
ONLY ON MY BIRTHDAY grin shocked undecided
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by bigfat: 4:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
[size=20pt]WHEN SHE IS 51 shocked[/size]

1 Like

Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by honeric01(m): 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
Gambrosia:

Not to mention spoiling good clothes! Even if they are going for pageants! All natural! kiss

Callotti, is that you? cheesy you fine o. you anywhere from Edo state?
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by dayokanu(m): 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
She is from Aghenebode
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by Mospring(m): 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
Gambrosia:

prefare natural looks!

1 Like

Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by baby124: 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
Why is madam Gambrosia dressed like an Okija-Ogboni priestess please. The mind boggles here. cheesy
Re: When Will You Allow Your Daughter To Use Make-up? by honeric01(m): 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
dayokanu: She is from Aghenebode

Meaning she's from Edo state.

But her mouth ehhhhh grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wearing Of Lingerie In Bed By Married Women: Good Or Wicked Act? / "MY cousin is having sex with me" how do i stop him? -'A16yr old girl' / List Of Baby Items To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.