Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

How And Where Can I Get '' Sisterhood Certificate'' In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How And Where Can I Get '' Sisterhood Certificate'' In Nigeria? (2655 Views)

How Do I Apply For Travel Certificate In United State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How And Where Can I Get '' Sisterhood Certificate'' In Nigeria? by joie12(f): 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hello friends, pls how and where can one get a '' SISTERHOOD CERTIFICATE '' in Nigeria, its a certificate that shows that you have never been married before. I'm about to get married in Europe and they ask me for this certificate to justify that i have never been married before in my Country Nigeria of origin. Thanks pls anyone who can help?
Re: How And Where Can I Get '' Sisterhood Certificate'' In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
joie12: Hello friends, pls how and where can one get a '' SISTERHOOD CERTIFICATE '' in Nigeria, its a certificate that shows that you have never been married before. I'm about to get married in Europe and they ask me for this certificate to justify that i have never been married before in my Country Nigeria of origin. Thanks pls anyone who can help?

Spinsterhood.

Go to any Nigerian court of law.
Re: How And Where Can I Get '' Sisterhood Certificate'' In Nigeria? by achinaboy(m): 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
go to nigerian embassy in the country you live,they will fix it,or tell your family in afro to get a police afidevit for you that you never been married chikena

1 Like

Re: How And Where Can I Get '' Sisterhood Certificate'' In Nigeria? by joie12(f): 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
Thank you all for your response, firstly, i called the Nigeria Embassy in France where i am and they said they don't issue such certificate that it has to be been done in Nigeria and since three days my elder brother has been roaming all over Lagos and we are getting diffrerent responses
1. He went to one one of the local govt office in Lagos when they later directed him to go and get an afidavit at the Lagos high court then he should come back to the local govt office with the same afidavit so they can form it there and its done.
2. Just today, my brother went to the lagos high court on the Lagos high land and he was told again that after the afidavit, he has to take the same afidavit to the Registry at kingsway road ikoyi for certification and after that he will then send the same document to the ministry of Foreign affaires in Abuja for validation. OH MY GOD! this process is too long, my worry is, people in Lagos are saying too many things and we don't know where to turn too, infact someone also told my brother than after the afidavit, he has to go to National Population Commission (NPC) for certification. Me am just tired jor. kilode? Pls i just need a straight forward answer so am sure am getting my document done at the right place. Thank you u all. pls reply.
Re: How And Where Can I Get '' Sisterhood Certificate'' In Nigeria? by eledalo: 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
My goodness. Nigeria. What kind of process is this.

All the processes they listed for you . . .hahaha. . . complete lies. Honestly, I think the registry in Ikoyi is the place to get it. But bribing them is the only way you can get it. Your brother will have to bribe them to get it.

I have had to get a few things like that from govt agencies and have almost always had to bribe them. Sad and annoying country. I mean see the process they listed for you. Local government certficate needs affidavit which is to be certified in Ikoyi, validated in Abuja, stamped by National Population Commission, signed by INEC, seen by CBN, and printed by Presidency. Which kind?

1 Like

Re: How And Where Can I Get '' Sisterhood Certificate'' In Nigeria? by Naijalastborn(m): 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2013
eledalo: My goodness. Nigeria. What kind of process is this.

All the processes they listed for you . . .hahaha. . . complete lies. Honestly, I think the registry in Ikoyi is the place to get it. But bribing them is the only way you can get it. Your brother will have to bribe them to get it.
Nawa ooo Naija I hail ooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 and worst 10 international Airports in Africa / How Do I Travel To Benin Republic From Here Please? / Advice Needed As How To Survive In Uk As A Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.