Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,819 members, 7,862,710 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:43 AM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1271744 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
mikuz:

Leave cooger alone, I don't know why he likes playing the devil's advocate alot, otherwise how can anyone listen to Yaylow and claim his tracks are wack?

not playing devil's advocate....
just playing your words back to you - few months ago you were hyping modo that he's the best rapper you know - now it's yaylow.

which is which, mikuz?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
coogar:

my name is chidi.
emeka? what a horrible name. grin

it's a big flaw of modo - his tone projection is horrible. M.I is nice as fück on the mic. he speaks in a way that gets you interested to hear what's talking about. modo doesn't have that quality.

I thought your name was Emeka sef?

yeah. true..M.i's voice is better than modo...

in his interview with Wendy Williams, he was just answering all her questions with Fluid and confidence and was very Audible.. she didn't have to ask him to repeat himself... modo has better punchlines though..
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by mikuz(m): 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
Darkrebel:

hmmmmm...
you have a point.. but I thought all rappers started rapping jokes first before learning how to write bars.
I think mode nine can excel in the comedy rap genre ..he's funny and can speak pidgin..he just has to be free of all inhibition ..and lose the fake American Accent (at least for most of his tracks)-cos I think a Nigerian Accent would even make his songs better.. after all its a Naija crowd he's rapping for. .. that's the reason I feel Erigga more ..even phenom and m.i at least I dey hear wetin dem dey talk.. but most times Modo is not that audible .
what do you think?

Yeah, that's part of his wahala. My brother man go just dey rap dey go without minding if you are hearing what hes saying or not. Yes I agree, your accent too is a factor. Infact, it is easier to make it singinf than in rap, esp. In Naija cos so many things now come into play. No wonder Alabai switched from rap to singing and blew immediately. Before we heard that "Ogbanje" track I swear 80% of those who know him now never knew he existed. BTW do you know of any track where Modenine spat in pidgin? Similar to what M.I did when he got featured by Timaya?
Abeg drop link . . .
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
Darkrebel:

I thought your name was Emeka sef?

yeah. true..M.i's voice is better than modo...

in his interview with Wendy Williams, he was just answering all her questions with Fluid and confidence and was very Audible.. she didn't have to ask him to repeat himself... modo has better punchlines though..

MI spent some years in yankee....
there's a rumour he bailed out to naija cos he had a drug case in yankee.

modo doesn't need to change his style - he has the skills to be dopër and win more fans on his side but he's too corny. his punches let him down.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by mikuz(m): 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
coogar:

my name is chidi.
emeka? what a horrible name. grin

it's a big flaw of modo - his tone projection is horrible. M.I is nice as fück on the mic. he speaks in a way that gets you interested to hear what's talking about. modo doesn't have that quality.

I read that thread bro. Na who you wan try deceive? Mr Emeka Ownudinjo grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by teddybiyasi(f): 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
Plsss link to charlie clips vs charron duel
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by gottoboy(m): 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
IceDaNemesis:
beg the song make him download
Likee Limerick Ơ̴̴̴͡k
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
mikuz:

Yeah, that's part of his wahala. My brother man go just dey rap dey go without minding if you are hearing what hes saying or not. Yes I agree, your accent too is a factor. Infact, it is easier to make it singinf than in rap, esp. In Naija cos so many things now come into play. No wonder Alabai switched from rap to singing and blew immediately. Before we heard that "Ogbanje" track I swear 80% of those who know him now never knew he existed. BTW do you know of any track where Modenine spat in pidgin? Similar to what M.I did when he got featured by Timaya?
Abeg drop link . . .

no bro..I don't have any song he rapped in pidgin..but I have heard him speak pidgin fluently before..on T.V ..

yeah -- take ice Prince for example -you hear everything he says--.he's like the Nigerian -French Montana their accent isn't that American or Nigerian(Moroccan).. its just in the middle..and its working for them ..and okay ..

right here..if a song is playing on radio-and I can't hear the rapper well..I will just change the channel immediately..and am sure many people do that..no one wants to listen to mumbles..and no one cares if your lines are the dopest, if the delivery is poor

if Modenine can rap in a clear Nigerian Accent not fake forced american accent..people will feel him more and he will sell better..

see what Vector is Doing grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by teddybiyasi(f): 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
Darkrebel provide the link asap
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
Darkrebel:
and @ limerick

oya come teach me how to rap as fast as Eminem's rap God ..

all these coogar and ibime ...Instead of them to drops tips for rapping here to help us.. they go dey argue football Chelsea and man u
its not too difficult, as long as u aint a stammerer like Giyazz grin

Its called 'tongue flipping' and its not magic, its a gradual process. Even Eminem cant flip that fast on a freestyle.

But if wan learn am, start with naija emcees, like Blaqbones, tek raymond etc
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
coogar:

MI spent some years in yankee....
there's a rumour he bailed out to naija cos he had a drug case in yankee.

modo doesn't need to change his style - he has the skills to be dopër and win more fans on his side but he's too corny. his punches let him down.

corny as in? explain abeg ...

as for me..I think mode nine should try blending African culture/Nigerian culture to his raps..at least some of them-- it wouldn't make him less doperr ... M.I is a smarter and better business man, that's why he's selling.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
teddybiyasi:
Darkrebel provide the link asap

the Link to ?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
Limerick:
its not too difficult, as long as u aint a stammerer like Giyazz grin

Its called 'tongue flipping' and its not magic, its a gradual process. Even Eminem cant flip that fast on a freestyle.

But if wan learn am, start with naija emcees, like Blaqbones, tek raymond etc

joker- I have watched a video-- eminem was with an american actor in a studio-- it was just a comedy vid .eminem was to teach the dude how to rap-- he flipped wayyyy faster and he was freestyling ... even Big L is faster when free styling .....grin. ..so you are still a learner

just tell me the techniques-- I wanna be at least as fast as Tinie Tempah
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by mikuz(m): 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
Darkrebel:

lol ..-Altar Servers things -benedicamus Domino- Deo Gratias. ..grin

battle rappers are in Nigeria na...Naira land rappers !!!
grin ..
and most of.them.are way funnier than yaylow.....

I don't think going commercial is bad

.afterall the rapper must eat and pay bills

a rapper can still be commercial and be doppe..he can make mixtapes for hardcore fans and party songs

he just has to be versatile--Especially in Nigeria

OMG, so you were an alter server too? Dayummmmmmmmmm!!!!

You have a point - but e get as e be for Naija. There's something with Naija rappers and going commercial. Once you start to see the money, oga to go back to where you started from go be war!

Take Iceprince and M.I as a case study - especially M.I. He came out smoking in 2008 with his first album and his maiden mixtape but ever since he went commercial in 2010 he lost it. True or false? I stumbled upon Anoti and Ogbono feli feli freestyle last week and I was like dayummmmm!! In present day the only tracks from him I can keep on my playlist are King James and Monkey - the rest is average to me.

King James because its ddope and Monkey cos the girl he featured in that track eh - her voice dey turn me on. grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
meanwhile-- limerick ..go download tech nine -so doppe

3 fast rappers in that song..especially the last rapper damn!!!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
mikuz:

OMG, so you were an alter server too? Dayummmmmmmmmm!!!!

You have a point - but e get as e be for Naija. There's something with Naija rappers and going commercial. Once you start to see the money, oga to go back to where you started from go be war!

Take Iceprince and M.I as a case study - especially M.I. He came out smoking in 2008 with his first album and his maiden mixtape but ever since he went commercial in 2010 he lost it. True or false? I stumbled upon Anoti and Ogbono feli feli freestyle last week and I was like dayummmmm!! In present day the only tracks from him I can keep on my playlist are King James and Monkey - the rest is average to me.

King James because its ddope and Monkey cos the girl he featured in that track eh - her voice dey turn me on. grin

yeah .. I knew you were a catholic or lemme say I suspected cos of one of your lines--You may be an Acolyte but can't hold a candle to me....
something like that... yeah we use to serve in school.. Turifer..incense boot..first m.c ..cross bearer e.t.c but that was then.... now I just chill in the sacristy with those legion of Mary and Mary league girls grin

and yes-- M.I isn't as hot as before....what do you mean by anoti freestyle?..he freestyled the song? ..
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by 007Bruce: 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
mehn i never pen 1 letter for this cypher... Emaprince come share your inspiration
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by mikuz(m): 6:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
coogar:

not playing devil's advocate....
just playing your words back to you - few months ago you were hyping modo that he's the best rapper you know - now it's yaylow.

which is which, mikuz?

Where did I hype Yaylow as the best rapper ever? Modo is only better than Yaylow battle wise. Give a nigga the credit he deserves. Yaylow shits on Modo when it comes to humour, delivery and flow - that's undisputable. Besides Yaylow hasn't brought enough material to the table to even pair ish sef. Yay has a little over ten tracks( just one mixtape) compared to Modo who has multiple mixtapes and albums to his name. Cooger na wa for you o.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Ksslib(m): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
Haha.. So rebel, you sef na ex alter boy? Same as me.. I still get my i.d card sef.. Good to know..
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by 007Bruce: 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
It's bruce everywhere, i own a hemisphere, the vets will fear when i spit something SICK like a sweaty bear

ohhh i'm in the spirit - emi nlo mi
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Ksslib(m): 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
007Bruce:
mehn i never pen 1 letter for this cypher... Emaprince come share your inspiration
I wan sell my bars.. How much you go pay?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ksslib:
Haha.. So rebel, you sef na ex alter boy? Same as me.. I still get my i.d card sef.. Good to know..

yeah man... mennn I paid for I.d card since ..like 5 or 6 years ago but those executives chop our money...I didn't even bother...
my church carol sef go make sense..its this Saturday .. I wonder why most of these altar servers are rappers thoughgrin ..but we will still be kicking rhymes when mass ends...
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by mikuz(m): 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
Darkrebel:

no bro..I don't have any song he rapped in pidgin..but I have heard him speak pidgin fluently before..on T.V ..

yeah -- take ice Prince for example -you hear everything he says--.he's like the Nigerian -French Montana their accent isn't that American or Nigerian(Moroccan).. its just in the middle..and its working for them ..and okay ..

right here..if a song is playing on radio-and I can't hear the rapper well..I will just change the channel immediately..and am sure many people do that..no one wants to listen to mumbles..and no one cares if your lines are the dopest, if the delivery is poor

if Modenine can rap in a clear Nigerian Accent not fake forced american accent..people will feel him more and he will sell better..

see what Vector is Doing grin

On point bro, I can't agree more. cool

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by 007Bruce: 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ksslib:

I wan sell my bars.. How much you go pay?
how much you wan sell am?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kr0ne(m): 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
Yaylow is an idiiot!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I don laff tire!!!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kr0ne(m): 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
O boy, see multies! grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by mikuz(m): 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
Darkrebel:

corny as in? explain abeg ...

as for me..I think mode nine should try blending African culture/Nigerian culture to his raps..at least some of them-- it wouldn't make him less doperr ... M.I is a smarter and better business man, that's why he's selling.

Modenine has done that before, he did it in Cry, africa, Nigerian girls and esp. ogun osoye where he featured Nomorloss with many other tracks I can't remember right now. Modo is the most versatile and prolific rapper in this country.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by mikuz(m): 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
kr0ne:
Yaylow is an idiiot!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I don laff tire!!!

Cooger said hes wack.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Ksslib(m): 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
Darkrebel:

yeah man... mennn I paid for I.d card since ..like 5 or 6 years ago but those executives chop our money...I didn't even bother...
my church carol sef go make sense..its this Saturday .. I wonder why all these altar servers are rappers thoughgrin ..but we will still be kicking rhymes when mass ends
Lol.. Who fit chop my money when i follow for executives. During my time, i was one amongst the only two people incharge of choosing who was going to serve which mass(morning, evening and sunday masses), so dem better try me not.. grin

Who be alter boy here again? Or any outside ex alter boy but now rapper?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Ksslib(m): 6:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
007Bruce:
how much you wan sell am?
As per say i know you, bring 700niara for 1 bar..
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
mikuz:

Modenine has done that before, he did it in Cry, africa, Nigerian girls and esp. ogun osoye where he featured Nomorloss with many other tracks I can't remember right now. Modo is the most versatile and prolific rapper in this country.

okay... I still Wonder why he ain't selling like that after all his works and years in the industry ...

many people don't even know him in Nigeria except those really into rap ...but every tom dick and harry knows Lil Kesh .. grin ..Naija still has a long way to go in hip hop ..maybe future generations will appreciate the art better and be more interested
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kr0ne(m): 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
mikuz:

Cooger said hes wack.
No mind Coogar joor. That guy has a very rare talent. It's very difficult to copy his style. He doesn't sound serious but everything he says is serious grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (1118) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.