Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,172 members, 7,864,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:55 AM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1272167 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by teddybiyasi(f): 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:

You are very crazy grin

how much did you bribe the voters ?

Cheat tongue

whatever rematch 5pm today 8bars grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Ksslib(m): 12:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Bro.. Because you see most people doing Homophones doesn't mean its the only way a wordplay can be fashioned ...

Streetwize did the legendary -- Degree burns play
He did the Dice skull into 4 and send to head-quarters..

Ibime did -- the dog/blind congregation against theprekky..
Coogar did..behind the worst bars possible

All these are not homophones but are still wordplays ...

In an attempt to force homophones, people come up with.. I'm more catchy or team mar ya ...tongue
Did you just say the termite thing wasn't a wordplay?
Omg .. That was a wordplay .. A double entendre../double meaning
You dey fall my hand ...
I advise you to check out USB and see what am telling you about..
In my brawl with giyaz I used ivy league with Beyonce's daughter.. That isn't a homophone but still a wordplay ..

If you notice, my pattern of writing has changed.
I don't do the regular and traditional 3 line set up before a punch again cos I was advised by a veteran USB textee to quit it cos they are fillers and are unnecessary and that I should use one line or 2 line as set up instead..and do two punches per quatrains..
Its funny how some people still don't get it and I still lose punchline crit when 2 different punchlines are rammed in a single quatrain... Smh
Anyway i am gonna master the style till people would start copying it .. Its only a matter of time .
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_play
You're not getting my point, are you? Iam not saying pun,onomatopoeia isn't wordplay. Heck, its even in the dictionary sef, the dictionary explains both as a form of wordplay.

My explanation was based on the fact that you ought not to be surprised why you didn't win wordplay when we all know the NL's voting system only considers homophones as wordplay------- abi no be so we all dey vote since..

Its funny how you are now making it seem like I didn't know the termite lost in the woods line was a double entendre. 1.. Stranded in the forest..I..e woods .. 2.. Also for the known fact that Termites eat/dig into woods.

Like I didn't know what I voted for. OK na, make we just leave the mata sef.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Bars(m): 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
LhoOd:

see dis one...hu dash you car

nd girlz in there too Behind to start trippinq.....journey ko,bravo ni

lol seen is believin..
Once u land hala me mak i drive in enta ya skull...fah nd witness mah wrdz tongue
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

Exactly!!! What of personals? See the way niggas beg for links to their opponents previous battles, just for personals which may not even be more hitting than the punchlines they shoulda used.

We should use these henceforth

OPENER = 1/2point

DELIVERY = 1 point

PUNCHLINE = 2points (one may use anything one likes to punch.... Pers, w/p, idioms, mets nd so on.)

CLOSER = 1/2point

that personal thing is the most annoying to me especially when I can't come up with something brutal ..
like you said they should all be taken under Punchlines ..

I just Wonder.. imagine we brawling on stage..
do the crowd start highlighting who had similes and who had personals ? grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ksslib:

You're not getting my point, are you? Iam not saying pun,onomatopoeia isn't wordplay. Heck, its even in the dictionary sef, the dictionary explains both as a form of wordplay.

My explanation was based on the fact that you ought not to be surprised why you didn't win wordplay when we all know the NL's voting system only considers homophones as wordplay------- abi no be so we all dey vote since..

Its funny how you are now making it seem like I didn't know the termite lost in the woods line was a double entendre. 1.. Stranded in the forest..I..e woods .. 2.. Also for the known fact that Termites eat/dig into woods.

Like I didn't know what I voted for. OK na, make we just leave the mata sef.

Alright ... no qualms but I don't vote alone on homophones sha ...
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
teddybiyasi:

whatever rematch 5pm today 8bars grin

Really ? I am in grin

Coogar ...? Lagunna? ...

what do you say?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 12:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Really ? I am in grin

Coogar ...? Lagunna? ...

what do you say?

as long as both of una agree to una terms and conditions......you guys can battle 12 times a day. grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Bars(m): 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Really ? I am in grin

Coogar ...? Lagunna? ...

what do you say?

LOL better descline...!!! grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by LhoOd: 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
Bars:

lol seen is believin..
Once u land hala me mak i drive in enta ya skull...fah nd witness mah wrdz tongue

sure...if u truly speakinq..then we go cruise small......

how ur girl package
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
coogar:

as long as both of una agree to una terms and conditions......you guys can battle 12 times a day. grin

Seriously Iam in ...
If she's in .. then let's drop by 10pm
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

Exactly!!! What of personals? See the way niggas beg for links to their opponents previous battles, just for personals which may not even be more hitting than the punchlines they shoulda used.

We should use these henceforth

OPENER = 1/2point

DELIVERY = 1 point

PUNCHLINE = 2points (one may use anything one likes to punch.... Pers, w/p, idioms, mets nd so on.)

CLOSER = 1/2point

punchline should be 5 points
it's the concluding part of the joke. the icing on the cake. the climax! what you use to deliver can be personal, wordplay, humour/wit, etc. just let it connect to the set-up and your W is dead certain.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
Bars:

LOL better descline...!!! grin

why? ... you think she would beat me again ...

at least this time some idiots won't be allowed near the thread ....
I am even gonna use the naira land style this time tongue
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Punchline should be 7 points ..
opener - 1 ( though I feel opener and closer is not necessary and should be among punchlines)
closer - 1
Delivery --( Flow and rhyme scheme) -- 3 points
rhymes -- 3 points ..

15 points all together
all these are too complex.
I woulda said we shouldnt allocate any point. But since the main reason of battlerap is PUNCHES, then it should weigh more than anyther crit. Hence 2points to PUNCHLINES.
And 1point to DELIVERY cos this is what makes it suitable for the audience.. Nd delivery includes RHYMES, FLOW, SET UPS nd the verse's COMPOSURE/PACKAGING....

Then, you know it's always good to start nd end anything on a high note...
If i start reading a battle nd the opener is wack, i may not reach the second bar of the verse.
This is why i think we should include the OPENER nd CLOSER crits, just so battlers will endeavor to always have an explosive start.
Which will encourage the readers to continue reading.

So
OPENER = 1/2 point

CLOSER = 1/2 point

all battlers need do is just place their best two bars at the begining nd at the end of their verses. Simple! smiley

very easy to use crits

OPENER = 1/2point

DELIVERY = 1point

PUNCHLINES = 2point.

CLOSER = 1/2point
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Sokrates(m): 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2015
undecided na wa
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
007Bruce:
pick a date

Tomorrow by 8pm ...
Mikuz -- we need a thread ...
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

all these are too complex.
I woulda said we shouldnt allocate any point. But since the main reason of battlerap is PUNCHES, then it should weigh more than anyther crit. Hence 2points to PUNCHLINES.
And 1point to DELIVERY cos this is what makes it suitable for the audience.. Nd delivery includes RHYMES, FLOW, SET UPS nd the verse's COMPOSURE/PACKAGING....

Then, you know it's always good to start nd end anything on a high note...
If i start reading a battle nd the opener is wack, i may not reach the second bar of the verse.
This is why i think we should include the OPENER nd CLOSER crits, just so battlers will endeavor to always have an explosive start.
Which will encourage the readers to continue reading.

So
OPENER = 1/2 point

CLOSER = 1/2 point

all battlers need do is just place their best two bars at the begining nd at the end of their verses. Simple! smiley

very easy to use crits

OPENER = 1/2point

DELIVERY = 1point

PUNCHLINES = 2point.

CLOSER = 1/2point

Okay, its cool .. we should employ this system of voting in my brawl with Bruce
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Bars(m): 1:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:

why? ... you think she would beat me again ...

at least this time some idiots won't be allowed near the thread ....
I am even gonna use the naira land style this time tongue

lmao..!!!k i wish ya well tongue
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
coogar:

punchline should be 5 points
it's the concluding part of the joke. the icing on the cake. the climax! what you use to deliver can be personal, wordplay, humour/wit, etc. just let it connect to the set-up and your W is dead certain.
of cos! But why 5points? If punchline is 5points, delivery should be?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Sokrates(m): 1:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
NP:Lucky Dube - Prisoner
my best reggae song
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Bars(m): 1:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
LhoOd:

sure...if u truly speakinq..then we go cruise small......

how ur girl package

she's cool grin URZ ?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
Bars:

lmao..!!!k i wish ya well tongue

naaaa am not brawling her yet ... maybe in 2 weeks time ..

I wanna brawl Bruce first ... we should have brawled last year but we couldn't so we are gonna brawl
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

of cos! But why 5points? If punchline is 5points, delivery should be?

delivery?
this is no audio battle. delivery has no place in text battling. you cannot hear teddy's voice in text battling, can you? grin

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666, when are you creating the thread? Abeg make you sure say dis girl serious before I go dey rack my head dey write rubbish make one person no come show up again wo undecided

Ayamlaykorn
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
laykorn:
Darkrebel666, when are you creating the thread? Abeg make you sure say dis girl serious before I go dey rack my head dey write rubbish make one person no come show up again wo undecided

Ayamlaykorn

Tomorrow .. you guys drop on Wednesday ..

Tashaamania .. don't forget your brawl
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Thumbs.

Ayamlaykorn
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
coogar:

delivery?
this is no audio battle. delivery has no place in text battling. you cannot hear teddy's voice in text battling, can you? grin
I think these crits we use here should be under delivery because they are what makes a verse suitable for readers...
I'm talking bout rhymes n flow.
Then the set-ups nd the verses total structure(good composure/packaging) should also be considered by any voter awarding the DELIVERY criterion to any of the battlers.

So text DELIVERY = rhymes, flow, set-ups nd the verse's total composure. Easy.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by LhoOd: 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
Bars:

she's cool grin URZ ?

wetin be her name nd dep't
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 1:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

I think these crits we use here should be under delivery because they are what makes a verse suitable for readers...
I'm talking bout rhymes n flow.
Then the set-ups nd the verses total structure(good composure/packaging) should also be considered by any voter awarding the DELIVERY criterion to any of the battlers.

So text DELIVERY = rhymes, flow, set-ups nd the verse's total composure. Easy.

delivery is the cadence and the speed at which the words flow out of the mouth. since this is text, we dunno how fast darkrebel would spit or the energy he would put behind the bars or which words he would emphasise - that's where delivery comes in. it's almost like passion. think 2pac & the anger he heaves behind his bars.....he didn't have the best flow but he became an instant god of rap based on delivery alone.

the way he pronounces penitertiary alone would make you believe he was born in prison.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:
Reyginus.. your mental deficiency is off the charts

... Its surprising how you think you are relevant or how you think you are smart when you are swimming in the pool of decadence, idiocy and ignorance ...
Egoistic Empty barrel

I pity your wretched and poor soul.. a 27 year old useless man ... your life is an example to bad children
Boy, how are you doing? Are you ready to think yet?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Tashaamania(f): 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:

am not in, weekend would be fine
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tashaamania:

Alright ..
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tashaamania:

Hey! Sat 8pm? undecided

Ayamlaykorn

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (1118) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.