Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,538 members, 7,861,553 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:25 PM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (565) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1271413 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Tifanee(f): 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:

how did you get here? are you here for the tourney or what?
no am not
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tifanee:
no am not

you are surely not a new member ..?
cos you seem to know your way around despite just joining the site
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Rebel, can you see a ghost? undecided
Ayamlaykorn
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
coogar:

delivery is the cadence and the speed at which the words flow out of the mouth. since this is text, we dunno how fast darkrebel would spit or the energy he would put behind the bars or which words he would emphasise - that's where delivery comes in. it's almost like passion. think 2pac & the anger he heaves behind his bars.....he didn't have the best flow but he became an instant god of rap based on delivery alone.

the way he pronounces penitertiary alone would make you believe he was born in prison.
lmfao grin. Biko where did you get that definition from? grin

i think delivery is how well you present something.
In this case, rapbattle lyrics is what we're presenting.

Nd what makes it well? As in suiting to the eyes?

N0 1 is the rhymes.... N0 2 is the pattern of flow ..... N0 3 is the set ups. As this will help the readers understand what the writer's saying.
Nd lastly the structure of the verse. There was a time some of us dropped lyrics without spacing the lines at all. Verses like that have a terrible structure!

All these are called delivery

for audio, you have : rhymes, flow nd pace.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Tifanee(f): 1:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:

I told you all back in Rga and hurl FREEstyle group we ve been hearing of nairaland.
just nothing personal I just came to peep
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

lmfao grin. Biko where did you get that definition from? grin

i think delivery is how well you present something. In this case, rapbattle lyrics is what we're presenting.

there's no delivery in the text format.....
delivery is the cadence & how the bars were spat. i'll kill you can have 1 billion different deliveries to it when pronounced but when written, it's the same.

Nd what makes it well? As in suiting to the eyes?

what makes it pleasing to the eye is a different thing entirely. look at most of the facebook brawls we read here.....most of them were abbreviated & looked horrible but it doesn't take anything away from the bars if you can decipher the abbreviation.

N0 1 is the rhymes.... N0 2 is the pattern of flow ..... N0 3 is the set ups. As this will help the readers understand what the writer's saying. Nd lastly the structure of the verse. There was a time some of us dropped lyrics without spacing the lines at all. Verses like that have a terrible structure!

you have answered your own question. structure & delivery are 2 different things. delivery is not a criterion in text battling. delivery is cadence & flow.

All these are called delivery
for audio, you have : rhymes, flow nd pace.

no they are not....
delivery is öral, not written.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Dotwillis1(m): 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
Bars:

Okay boss...
yea
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by AlfaAce(m): 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
Open C/o...8burz
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by teddybiyasi(f): 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tashaamania:

am not in, weekend would be fine

mail me barbiekills95@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Mathematical(f): 1:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
mikuz:

"Can't put a hole in a wall"? you ll see death when my guns come flying at you/
but first I ll show my skills in archery, when I put two arrows on ya arm like Miley Cyrus' tattoo/

Any guy you court jilt you cos you're a lazy bagger/
You are pathetic in love making plus you give your lovers bad romance like Lady Gaga/

So since you tryna test a sage and your coach/
I ll break ya spine when I hit you from the back like Doggystyle/

grin

Ha ha haa, you can't Bleep a grl passionately without yu messing her up with ya cum, despite her giving yu that round ass lik a drum,yu tried ya best still yur a tantrum,you' re always sexually frustrated,mahn geh ya ass down and lmme tutor yu befr yu geh castrated..
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by gottoboy(m): 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
Politics sweet die grin damn, anticipating 14 though cool FeeDeeFee Fawa to the Fifuu
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
teddybiyasi:

mail me barbiekills95@gmail.com

undecided lipsrsealed

Ayamlaykorn
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
gottoboy:
Politics sweet die grin damn, anticipating 14 though cool FeeDeeFee Fawa to the Fifuu
Are you a PT?

Ayamlaykorn
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Sokrates(m): 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2015
gottoboy:
there's a section for that bro
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Ksslib(m): 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2015
When person dey tell una, stop all the ffuckery and take it to the chatroom, una no gree hear. Dem don lock FFR, shey una don rest now. Goats.

And mikuz, I don't see the rationale behind you locking ffr cos not everyone chitty chatters there. Some drop bars too you know. Locking it only benefits evil(the goats) and not good(those who drop)... Its like bombing a room with innocent civilians just to get rid of a handful terrorists. Most people use ffr to improve and it has been taken away.

The solution is simple. Use the ban button on anyone that refuses to adhere to simple instruction(s) starting from yourself cos you contributed a whole lot to the decay when you were busy derailing Ffr in the name of replying whatever back and forth you guys had going on.

How can you contribute to a decay, then wake up one day and lock a thread base on that same decay you as a moderator who should have prevented it, contributed to?
WTF!!! That's hypocrisy..

You can't just do stuff cos you feel like. Some of us are actually not comfortable with the typical Naija man in power can do all he likes mentality, so I ll advice you stop insulting our sensitivities pulling such stunts and act professional for once.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2015
laykorn:

Rebel, can you see a ghost? undecided
Ayamlaykorn

I thought she was an old member that opened a new account but she said she's from Rg
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 2:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
coogar:

there's no delivery in the text format.....
delivery is the cadence & how the bars were spat. i'll kill you can have 1 billion different deliveries to it when pronounced but when written, it's the same.

what makes it pleasing to the eye is a different thing entirely. look at most of the facebook brawls we read here.....most of them were abbreviated & looked horrible but it doesn't take anything away from the bars if you can decipher the abbreviation.

you have answered your own question. structure & delivery are 2 different things. delivery is not a criterion in text battling. delivery is cadence & flow.

no they are not....
delivery is öral, not written.
delivery is a word which has a meaning. Nd you can't just say there's no delivery in text but in audio only.
Then how come we judge flow in text?

Delivery is how something is delivered.
If i write a verse with rhymes that are'nt connecting, that is bad delivery! I rhymed, i just didnt rhyme well!
Don't try to limit it to audio only.

Do you know that book writers also consider their delivery before publishing?
Are they going vocals with it? grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

delivery is a word which has a meaning. Nd you can't just say there's no delivery in text but in audio only.
Then how come we judge flow in text?

that's why people use // to emphasise where they pause. that's the flow. if it's consistent then it's excellent.

Delivery is how something is delivered.
If i write a verse with rhymes that are'nt connecting, that is bad delivery! I rhymed, i just didnt rhyme well!
Don't try to limit it to audio only.

you can deliver very well without connecting rhymes. what has rhyming gotta do with delivery. da grin couldn't rhyme for shyte but his delivery was super-dopē.

Do you know that book writers also consider their delivery before publishing?
Are they going vocals with it? grin

authors consider delivery? grin
you must be talking about audio books.....not book as in book. there's no delivery in text battling. cadence can't be graded in text so delivery is null & void.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by mikuz(m): 2:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ksslib:
When person dey tell una, stop all the ffuckery and take it to the chatroom, una no gree hear. Dem don lock FFR, shey una don rest now. Goats.

And mikuz, I don't see the rationale behind you locking ffr cos not everyone chitty chatters there. Some drop bars too you know. Locking it only benefits evil(the goats) and not good(those who drop)... Its like bombing a room with innocent civilians just to get rid of a handful terrorists. Most people use ffr to improve and it has been taken away.

The solution is simple. Use the ban button on anyone that refuses to adhere to simple instruction(s) starting from yourself cos you contributed a whole lot to the decay when you were busy derailing Ffr in the name of replying whatever back and forth you guys had going on.

How can you contribute to a decay, then wake up one day and lock a thread base on that same decay you as a moderator who should have prevented it, contributed to?

You can't just do stuff cos you feel like. Some of us are actually not comfortable with the typical Naija man in power can do all he likes mentality, so I ll advice you stop insulting our sensitivities pulling such stunts and act professional for once.

Na you get your mouth. Mumu grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by gottoboy(m): 2:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
laykorn:

Are you a PT?

Ayamlaykorn
No.pe buh lately have been busy with †ЂA̶̲̥̅†, αм @ PDP rally right now iϞ Lagos Island.

laykorn:

there's a section for that bro
Wait what's with you lately Was ii the reason ffr was locked Have been missing for 3days, Not quite long ι saw my mentions, where you were directing somebody to battle M̶̲̥̅ƺ, when you know itwil prolly βε the same reason you have, will be the same reason that'll мαкє me decline i over look that issue, now you still dey taill me, we geт prob bfore
Two things bro:
1- тнιѕ rapbattle chatroom, anything can happen here
2- ι was directing the message to му political opponent. Laykorn
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by goshikid: 2:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
LhoOd:

hehehe..FFr thinzz....I wan battle you nd goshikid together
stop taging my nick with rubbish post. . .whats your problem? you craze?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
coogar:

that's why people use // to emphasise where they pause. that's the flow. if it's consistent then it's excellent.

you can deliver very well without connecting rhymes. what has rhyming gotta do with delivery. da grin couldn't rhyme for shyte but his delivery was super-dopē.

authors consider delivery? grin
you must be talking about audio books.....not book as in book. there's no delivery in text battling. cadence can't be graded in text so delivery is null & void.
so you can deliver a rapsong without rhymes?
Are you tryna tell me that dagrin didn't rhyme at all?
Do you know that there can't be flow without a properly laid out rhyme scheme?

Nd talking 'bout writers' delivery. When they write, they assume the action is truly happening.
This is why we have this '' '' nd some other punctuations.
Like you said, we use this // to indicate a pause, meaning that this how it will be said if the lyrics are voiced.
Some of us use dots to indicate pauses that will be made if the lyrics are voiced.
This is text delivery.

E.g a speech is first written before it is said. Nd speeches are often said exactly how they are written down!
What does this mean? It means delivery starts from writtens!
There's delivery in texts!

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by LhoOd: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
goshikid:
stop taging my nick with rubbish post. . .whats your problem? you craze?

sharrap!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Bars(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
LhoOd:

wetin be her name nd dep't

becky..benson
studyn=BIO CHEM
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Dklef(m): 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ksslib:

God bless you plenty
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Bars(m): 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
Darkrebel666:

naaaa am not brawling her yet ... maybe in 2 weeks time ..

I wanna brawl Bruce first ... we should have brawled last year but we couldn't so we are gonna brawl

wao..gud wish 2 witnex Bruce battln grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Sokrates(m): 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ksslib:

thank youuuu
when i first said mik contibuted to the derailing through his beef with max and by chatting with those girls nobody supported me, you have spoken the truth my friend, may God bless you and your generation to come

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by LhoOd: 3:02pm On Feb 02, 2015
mikuz:

Na you get your mouth. Mumu grin

the guy is right you know....We(exceptinq no one) are all quilty of derailinq the place...
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by LhoOd: 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2015
Bars:

becky..benson
studyn=BIO CHEM

which is the first name..which is the Last...

Nd wat Level
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Dklef(m): 3:10pm On Feb 02, 2015
LhoOd:

which is the first name..which is the Last...

Nd wat Level

GUY naa? grin

how 'benson' go be him babe last name? or naa guys una dey date over there nii cheesy grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by LhoOd: 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
Dklef:

GUY naa? grin

how 'benson' go be him babe last name? or naa guys una dey date over there nii cheesy grin

lol....na true sha....I no think am go there...thankz
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Dklef(m): 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
LhoOd:

lol....na true sha....I no think am go there...thankz

Your welcome 8-)

now go ahead with your advances on her. . . bars nor fit do nada!

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (1118) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.