Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! (10439 Views)

Domestic Violence Against Men / Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? / Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by baby124: 11:27am On Jan 10, 2013
bootstrap:

what consigns me with ur post?.... are u serious? this is a public forum FYI..... we write or comment bcoz we need/want pple to respond. And please indulge me and point to where i insulted u.

I ve always been of the opinion that when two pple are arguing or even quarreling for that mata ,d mature thing to do is to deal with d person directly and not include d persons parents or village who hv nofin to do with the issue at hand......

and as per getting what is coming to you..... i still stand by it. Pple with quarrelsome disposition as urs can and will only learn after "they learn"
Lol, and he talks about maturity! Pfft! Teacher, read book first before you try to teach something you are clueless about. You came out swinging, I swung back. Now you are trying to talk like a decent person. I have what I need and it has come to me. Do you?
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 10, 2013
Now lets go on with the discussion"STOP VIOLENCE AGAINST MEN"....EVERYONE LETS DO THIS.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by baby124: 11:32am On Jan 10, 2013
Kzinne: wit d way u hav disgraced urself wit ur ignorant and distasteful posts, u shudn't b proud- u shud bow ur head in shame

Disgraced myself how? Is there a crown for pretence or most eligible? You think I live to impress anyone?Little girl, you are still on the market. I know you are trying hard to get a husband. With the way you lost your mind, that is highly unlikely. You have tarnished your image you work so hard to build here. When are you going to enter the bush you came out of. Looney tart.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by bootstrap(m): 11:35am On Jan 10, 2013
debrief08: What is wrong with some of you?
So Baby has a different oppinion when did that become a crime?
Shamefullly those of you asking for respect are here insulting her and dragging her parents into a discussion. Shame.
Respect is a 2 way thing. Why can't you disagree repsectably? Me, Dayo, Sisi and Revolt disagreed and yet no insults were exchanged.
Must she share your veiws? Must she believe whaat you believe?
Why drag her parents to a discussion that has nothing to do with them?
Shame.

i do agree with u that every one is entitled to his or her opinion and that pples parents and villages shld neva be involved in augments and even quarrels. But... a wrong stand/opinion, tho the person airing it is entitled to it, doesnt stop it from being wrong.

Nairaland is beginning to loose its sense of what is right. hw wld it not, when smone comes here to justify insulting ur spouse bcoz he "misbehaves or is possessed"? its akin to justifying a man beating d wife bcoz she insulted him, or justifying rape.... bcoz d girl is dressed indecently.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by shine12: 11:35am On Jan 10, 2013
I've been reading and following the comments of everyone from page 1 to page 3.Without been sentimental, baby_123 appears as someone who thinks she knows it all. Also, an African woman has never represented a door mat, every day thousands of women are abused across the world, In the UK alone, statistics says 2 women are killed every week in the UK due to domestic violence(Only God will help us). There are thousands of women that can be termed as "door mats" and have been living with abusive spouse for years in even the most modern part of the world. I grew up around women that were highly valued by husband, brothers etc in Nigeria. I am tired of the general opinion that an African Woman is a mugun and a door mat to Her husband.

Baby _123, you can’t have an ethic of “I will abuse my Husband if He steps out of bound” there are sure other ways, also I will not condone a man that does not respect His wife.

As we know light begets light, I think a woman should get a man that will conform to her way of life, but then again, there is no perfect Human being, your strategy can’t be “I will abuse my husband to the core as soon as he does what I don’t like. You can only be termed as a husband abuser. Maybe I took your points out of context. Also, you’ve been kind of rude on this thread. I’m sorry if I might have offended you. I don’t want to be insulted. 
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 10, 2013
@baby_123:Just ignore any reply u don't like and give others forumites the opportunity to contribute.
PEACE IS THE WAY...
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by lolaluv1(f): 11:37am On Jan 10, 2013
debrief08: What is wrong with some of you?
So Baby has a different oppinion when did that become a crime?
Shamefullly those of you asking for respect are here insulting her and dragging her parents into a discussion. Shame.
Respect is a 2 way thing. Why can't you disagree repsectably? Me, Dayo, Sisi and Revolt disagreed and yet no insults were exchanged.
Must she share your veiws? Must she believe whaat you believe?
Why drag her parents to a discussion that has nothing to do with them?
Shame.

True.
The way peeps here are ganging up on her (baby-123) reflects badly on them. She made known her opinion and you didn't have to insult her to disagree with her. Disagreements can be rationally made.
You people are not married to her, neither are your brothers the one she's with.
Her man saw her like she was, and went for her nonetheless.
What is now your own?
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 10, 2013
@baby_123:Just ignore any reply u don't like and give other forumites the opportunity to contribute.
PEACE IS THE WAY...
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by olyg: 11:37am On Jan 10, 2013
This topic looks funny to me.I would rather prefer saying STOP THE VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN.In our society today,women are subject to all kind of sexual assault ranging from rape and marital dishonesty from men.I do not know why a man should molest a teenage girl of 15 years.why should a man leave his wife at home and go outside to sleep with another woman(this is atrocious)MEN ARE WICKED.they must be sexually disciplined.MEN STOP THE VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Kzinne: 11:40am On Jan 10, 2013
baby_123:

Disgraced myself how? Is there a crown for pretence or most eligible? You think I live to impress anyone?Little girl, you are still on the market. I know you are trying hard to get a husband. With the way you lost your mind, that is highly unlikely. You have tarnished your image you work so hard to build here. When are you going to enter the bush you came out of. Looney tart.
why not post ur pic so d whole world can know how ugly and dirty u are. sure u are one of those girls who live in d slum and den hide behind some silly phone to type rubbish. u stink asshole

1 Like

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by bootstrap(m): 11:42am On Jan 10, 2013
baby_123:
Lol, and he talks about maturity! Pfft! Teacher, read book first before you try to teach something you are clueless about. You came out swinging, I swung back. Now you are trying to talk like a decent person. I have what I need and it has come to me. Do you?

do u have a short memory abi u just choose to be selectively forgetful? u made reference to my "village" remember? Thank goodness; " i try to talk like a decent person", which is smfin i cant say about you.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 10, 2013
Pls do not derail the topic,the fact that this is violence against women doesnt hide the fact that is violence against men also.
LETS STICK TO THE TOPIC...
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Kzinne: 11:53am On Jan 10, 2013
lola.luv:

True.
The way peeps here are ganging up on her (baby-123) reflects badly on them. She made known her opinion and you didn't have to insult her to disagree with her. Disagreements can be rationally made.
You people are not married to her, neither are your brothers the one she's with.
Her man saw her like she was, and went for her nonetheless.
What is now your own?
birds (witches) of d same feather flock together. ingrates

1 Like

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Kzinne: 11:55am On Jan 10, 2013
oly g: This topic looks funny to me.I would rather prefer saying STOP THE VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN.In our society today,women are subject to all kind of sexual assault ranging from rape and marital dishonesty from men.I do not know why a man should molest a teenage girl of 15 years.why should a man leave his wife at home and go outside to sleep with another woman(this is atrocious)MEN ARE WICKED.they must be sexually disciplined.MEN STOP THE VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN.
are u sick in d head? havent u heard of polygamy?
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by freecocoa(f): 11:57am On Jan 10, 2013
Its funny how most human beings are o.

A person said she'd return the favor if someone insults her.

You people just concluded she's an abusive person and start hurling insults at her, biko nu she wey talk say she go wait make person insult her first before she reciprocate and una wey just dey insult her for a comment, who is now the abusive one here?

Nna eh people never cease to amaze me o.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by lolaluv1(f): 12:01pm On Jan 10, 2013
I will support that violence against ALL humans be stopped.

We are always imploring victims to leave so I will go the opposite route by sending this to the abusers out there.

It is not just the victim that is in danger, the abuser can end up being killed or maimed when the victim eventually snaps!

If you rule your household by fear and intimidation, you will end up like your mentors: Saddam, Idi-Amin, Ghaddafi et al.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Kzinne: 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
freecocoa: Its funny how most human beings are o.

You people just concluded she's an abusive person and start hurling insults at her, biko nu she wey talk say she go wait make person insult her first before she reciprocate and una wey just dey insult her for a comment, who is now the abusive one here?

birds (witches) of the same feather, flock together. ingrates

1 Like

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Michky: 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2013
baby_123:

Talk big outside. Besides, me and your type will never meet or even date. And by the way, some women can beat their husbands. So the moment you decide to raise your hands, be very sure you can bring it down. You may not survive. Cause you are a man, you are now a beast that cannot take correction or what you can dish out. Your type are abound, take your pick. My man doesn't even like door mats. The guy says it himself. He doesn't like women that cannot challenge him and put him in his place sometimes.

Let me share some wisdom with you. Look girl, life is about the strong and the weak . You'll definitely be oppressed if you're on the weak side of life. And since you know you're weak, its wise to not run your mouth unless you have the capacity to take what's coming.

You're strong if you can fight by yourself or if you have those who'll do that on your behalf.
You're weak if you have neither.

Whichever of them is weaker should learn to act in accordance with the law of the stronger. Whether its man to man, or woman to woman or man to woman, the point is, if you run your mouth anyhow, and am stronger than you, then get ready to get slapped over and over again. Fini!

Did i make sense? Well, am not a great teacher.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2013

The problem wasn't wat she said,its the manner with which she said it.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Kzinne: 12:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
lola.luv:
I will support that violence against ALL humans be stopped.

We are always imploring victims to leave so I will go the opposite route by sending this to the abusers out there.

It is not just the victim that is in danger, the abuser can end up being killed or maimed when the victim eventually snaps!

If you rule your household by fear and intimidation, you will end up like your mentors: Saddam, Idi-Amin, Ghaddafi et al.
u yoruba women hav to much wahala and its likely cos ur men giv u dat much a chance to make trouble. can u make dis trouble in the north? or in saudi arabia where women are not allowed to drive or in iboland where women hav issues as to inheritance. respect urself and dont come here blaring ur illiterate mind for d world to see

1 Like

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by freecocoa(f): 12:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
Kzinne: birds (witches) of the same feather, flock together. ingrates
Okay why are you calling me a witch and what did you do for me that I'm ungrateful about?

Take this as a warning, baby_123 is even being very mild and civil with you, if you try me I will insult the life out of you so you better face your front and mind your business cos the last time I checked, I didn't refer to you in particular.angry
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Kzinne: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2013
freecocoa: Okay why are you calling me a witch and what did you do for me that I'm ungrateful about?

Take this as a warning, baby_123 is even being very mild and civil with you, if you try me I will insult the life out of you so you better face your front and mind your business cos the last time I checked, I didn't refer to you in particular.angry
u such a slow poke and u must b an illiterate. if u lov trouble den u are nothin but a witch, pure and simple- no apologies given. u such an asshole wit no life at all, ugly thrash

4 Likes

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by freecocoa(f): 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2013
Xsolutions:
The problem wasn't wat she said,its the manner with which she said it.
And in what manner did she say it? No matter how you think she said what she said, it didn't warrant abusing her especially since you are supposedly against all forms of abuse in the first place.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by bootstrap(m): 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2013
OK oooo. I dont agree with abuse against men.

But wait first. Some men act possessed. Some little insults here and there work magic to wake them up. And most of their friends like to put mouth where it does not concern them. Trying to take charge of someone else's home from outside. The woman suddenly finds herself fighting battles that she doesnt know who the enemy is. Men can be so sheepish sometimes that the woman has to take charge and put things in order. Otherwise, outsiders will make a mess of your life. Male friends need to know to stay out of couples business, because at the end of the day they will both fight you.

the first quote ... was her first comment (she was first to comment). "insult d man alittle, becoz he acts possessed. who thinks that way? just like saying..... "beat d woman alittle bcoz she insulted or talked back at u". In a sane world, pple shldnt "always" insult back bcoz they are insulted. like smone i used to knw wld say.... "the man and d woman shld neva "get mad" at the same tym"
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by ejifranks(m): 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
Gambrosia: Glad to know 'Men' are now crying. . . .About time too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGfG5c65r2s

Men, when you sow violence. . . YOU REAP VIOLENCE.
No woman was born violent.
VIOLENT MEN TAUGHT THEM HOW TO BE! kiss
O Jesus see beating!!!!!! I wont abuse or insult a woman . i expect same from her or there will be trouble
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
freecocoa: And in what manner did she say it? No matter how you think she said what she said, it didn't warrant abusing her especially since you are supposedly against all forms of abuse in the first place.
Nice reply...the thing is if u come up with an INSULTIVE disposition even if u are saying the right thing,u will be responded with insults too unless u are dealing with MATURE folks who no how to ignore the bad and imbibe the good.
It's about human nature men!
SO NOW LETS STOP THE INSULTS,FORGIVE ONE ANOTHER AND CONTRIBUTE MEANINGFULLY OKAY.
COME ON LETS ENJOY EACH OTHERS COMPANY ABEG!!!
Peace.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by freecocoa(f): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
Kzinne: u such a slow poke and u must b an illiterate. if u lov trouble den u are nothin but a witch, pure and simple- no apologies given. u such an asshole wit no life at all, ugly thrash
And you that go about insulting people for simply having an opinion different from yours should be classified under what category?

Sadist? Foolish? Sick?

2 Likes

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by freecocoa(f): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Kzinne: 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
freecocoa: And you that go about insulting people for simply having an opinion different from yours should be classified under what category?

Sadist? Foolish? Sick?

and thats what u are, a witch.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by freecocoa(f): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
Kzinne: and thats what u are, a witch.
You are obviously sick so need entertaining your folly.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by lolaluv1(f): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2013
Kzinne: u yoruba women hav to much wahala and its likely cos ur men giv u dat much a chance to make trouble. can u make dis trouble in the north? or in saudi arabia where women are not allowed to drive or in iboland where women hav issues as to inheritance. respect urself and dont come here blaring ur illiterate mind for d world to see

Lol.cheesycheesy
How did you arrive at your 'educated' guess that I'm Yoruba?
How can you say, whether or not I'm not from the north?
How do you know I'm not even your lecturer, yet you call me illiterate?
How can you call others troublemakers when the evidence in this thread points right back at you?

Wetin I don talk, wey your mouth dey rush like tap wey nor get control? Like mad woman wey just enter market?
I'll maintain and I won't go down that route with you. You're so irrelevant that I won't do it...

@freecocoa.
Pls, ignore. It's not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
WOMEN...IF ONLY THEY KNEW WHO THEY ARE...THEY WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS...
MEN...YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY AND ANYWOMAN DOES AND SAYS...IT'S ABOUT THE HIGHER PRINCIPLES OF LIFE AND DIGNITY IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD AND THE SPIRITS OF JUSTICE,FAIRNESS AND LOVE...BE STRONG
NOW THEN..."STOP THE VIOLENCE AGAINST MEN" IN AS MUCH AS VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? / 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok / Help Pls Me! Spiritual Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.