Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok (10433 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / Is It Ok To Date A Married Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by yinka4love(f): 10:50am On Oct 27, 2009
My dear Nairalanders, My husband gives me 15k housekeeping allowance and of which i spend double the amount on us i.e him,me n our baby boy.I am not complaining but he has never believed me one day that the money is not sufficient.Thats wats hurting me.Do i just keep quiet since am working too n i can assist in d home or should i just stand on my ground for increment.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 27, 2009
maybe your husband cannot afford more than 15K monthly for housekeeping.

Since you are working,you should supplement what you are given
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 27, 2009
yinka4love:

My dear Nairalanders, My husband gives me 15k housekeeping allowance and of which i spend double the amount on us i.e him,me n our baby boy.I am not complaining but he has never believed me one day that the money is not sufficient.Thats wats hurting me.Do i just keep quiet since am working too n i can assist in d home or should i just stand on my ground for increment.

If you feel it's in your family's best interest, give him proof of what you spend. Write out your lists and the cost of items and get reciepts. You can present them to him, bearing in mind that you are only doing so to prove that the money is not enough ( because he has been suggesting otherwise) but make it clear that you are content to continue to supplement with your funds, unless he chooses to increase the allowance on his own.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 1:40pm On Oct 27, 2009
Proving how you spend the money in Nigeria won't be easy since most things we buy doesn't not involve receipt. Just let him know that you have been supplementing the amount to meet up. Good that you work and willingly to add to it, so do add please and try to work on the trust issue with your husband because i can feel negative thoughts here about the handling money issue.

Try not to think otherwise it could be the best he can provide for now and it will be good if you cut out unnecessary things from the list of what the money was meant for.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2009
Is he daft? How can 15k be enof? I feel these days men just punish women purosely. It's one thing for himto admit it's not enough and appreciate you for playing your own part, but it's another thing for him to be stubbor about it!

Does he spend 15k on himself on a month?

Abeg he should go and sit dwon jor. angry angry
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2009
UJUOJAN, WHY DO U LIKE TO PUT SOMEONE ELSE PROBLEM ON YOUR HEAD

POSTER WAS SAYING HER MIND BUT U WERE BUSY CALLING HER HUSBAND NAMES

INFACT RUDE GIRLS LIKE YOU SEEMS TO BE A BAD LUCK

CHANGE YOUR WAYS AND STOP POKE-NOSING

IM SO SURE YOU ARE STILL SINGLE WHICH WILL BE VERY HARD TO GET A RESPONSIBLE MAN
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2009
Well, i will say it depends on where u live and how big the household is? In a town like Jos or Lafia, it should get you by, but seeing that you have a baby, pampers is enough to take the whole money.
On a lighter note, my dad used to give my mom a weekly feeding allowance of N2000, this was around 2004 oh, usually raw food like yams rice and the rest are baught in bulk, but we are like 13 people living in our family house, my mom will collect they money and add her money, till she died and after the burial i wanted to go and shop and he gave me 2k, i was like what is this? He said I have been giving your mom 2k for over 10 years she has never complained. I was shocked because we always had good foof, i could not believe that he taught it was 2k that will give him chicken and fish and salad and friut salad everyday. men can be clueless
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by jodeci(m): 2:10pm On Oct 27, 2009
Ujujoan:

Is he daft? How can 15k be enof? I feel these days men just punish women purosely. It's one thing for himto admit it's not enough and appreciate you for playing your own part, but it's another thing for him to be stubbor about it!

Abeg he should go and sit dwon jor.  angry  angry

it is either a VERY bad wife or one in the making.
U are so full of feminism,but that not withstanding,calling someones husband daft portrays u as one who was trained on the streets.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by foyeks2001(f): 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2009
Ujujoan:

Abeg he should go and sit down jor. angry angry

sis ee, u harsh ooo, lol
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2009
OYINBOGOJU:

CHANGE YOUR WAYS  AND STOP POKE-NOSING

IM SO SURE YOU ARE STILL SINGLE WHICH WILL BE VERY HARD TO GET A RESPONSIBLE MAN

I am also wondering like you as well why ladies disrespect men these days.  No one knows how much the husband earns for him to bring such an amount so why passing judgment?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by cvibe: 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2009
@ Poster, it depends on where you live.  I think your husband believes that marriage is 50/50.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by redsky1: 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2009
what the heck is housekeeping allowance?

15K is not enough and i don't get this set up if you are working
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by redsky1: 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2009
people you women should stop insulting people's husband - is this how u insult ur own or is this the reason u don't have ur own.

any married women who loves her husband cannot sit down and insult another womans husband if she respects her own at all.

stop giving us women a bad name
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by madamL(f): 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2009
It will be enough if the family survives on pure water only. Insist on an increment if he can afford that. Do not let any man make you suffer unduly. Not good at all.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by jaybee3(m): 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2009
what's included in the house keeping?
just things to keep the house clean i take it?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2009
redsky1:

what the heck is housekeeping allowance?

15K is not enough and i don't get this set up if you are working

She didn't say all what she does with her money but she contributes to the 15k without the husband's knowledge.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by THEAMAKA(f): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2009
depending on his income.
if you people arent making enough money then i understand why he says on 15,000
if its not enough, i think you need to join the workforce and start bringing in some money as well.
dont just depend on your husband if what he is making is not enough.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by chukz4real(m): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2009
@Ezinne1212
If you feel it's in your family's best interest, give him proof of what you spend. Write out your lists and the cost of items and get reciepts. You can present them to him, bearing in mind that you are only doing so to prove that the money is not enough ( because he has been suggesting otherwise) but make it clear that you are content to continue to supplement with your funds, unless he chooses to increase the allowance on his own.

You are right

MrPrsdent:

maybe your husband cannot afford more than 15K monthly for housekeeping.

Since you are working,you should supplement what you are given

Then, he should open up to the wife
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by THEAMAKA(f): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2009
make a list on what you spend monthly.
lay it down to him.
then give the cost for each and see how it runs over 15,000
i know your husband cant be THAT DUMB.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by sayso: 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2009
@poster do we know how much your husband earn sin a month,pls put that into consideration,does your husband also buys bulk things like bag of , ,just talk it over with him if all those apply to him.
Good luck
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 27, 2009
Pharoh:

I am also wondering like you as well why ladies disrespect men these days. No one knows how much the husband earns for him to bring such an amount so why passing judgment?

You know respect is earned!!

OYINBOGOJU:

CHANGE YOUR WAYS AND STOP POKE-NOSING

*roooooooolz eyez*

I only asked a simple question! I dont think that's rude . , just blunt! I mean he has to be of lil intelligence not to know that 15k will not be enough for housekeeping for a month!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2009
chukz4real:

Then, he should open up to the wife

Exactly! For him not to even admit the money is not enough means he's not being fair! How does he expect her to cope? What if she wasnt working? If he couldnt afford it, it's a different thing entirely. But if he can, he's just being unecessarily wicked and please . . men like that dont deserve my respect!

jay bee:

what's included in the house keeping?
just things[b] to keep the house clean i take it[/b]?

Nope!

Cook, buy food stuffs, buy baby things, clean the house, go shopping et.c!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2009
If that is all he can afford, then, manage and dont have to wash his dirty linen outside.
For better and for worse, and for poorer and richer was what you promised. . . enjoy your marriage
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by MrCrackles(m): 2:46pm On Oct 27, 2009
yinka4love:

You are lucky you got 15grand. . .
Go out there and find out, you will see loads of people who dont get half of that!
cool
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Fhemmmy: 2:48pm On Oct 27, 2009
MrCrackles:

You are lucky you got 15grand. . .
Go out there and find out about how many people dont get half of that!
cool

words of wisdom. . . .True Dat
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by orgy: 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2009
@Ujujoan:
from the way u talk, i bet u must have a degree in nagging.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2009
orgy:

@Ujujoan:
from the way u talk, i bet u must have a degree in nagging.

Well I do know how to get my point across. If that's what you call nagging then . . . . give me a crown! cheesy
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by pek(m): 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2009
i just feel you are not supportive. if it is not enough, what happens to your own salary? i think if you gave him a justifiable reason to increase it, he will.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by zuuby(m): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2009

You need to make a budget with him so at least he can have an ''idea'' of how much is needed

*roooooooolz eyez*

I only asked a simple question! I dont think that's rude . ,   just blunt! I mean he has to be of lil intelligence not to know that 15k will not be enough for housekeeping for a month!

Uju, you are putting ideas in the ladies head ooo!
Who knows if the husband is on a 50k sal.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2009
ujujoan-

it seems the fact has somehow escaped you - not all men can be millionaires at 30

if only millionaires got married , most of u would be old maids

stop your ridiculous and irritating fixation on being a parasite / kept woman
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by ritaNL: 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2009
@Poster

I'll just adivce you to keep quiet and be grateful.
Ladies these dayz dont wait on their husband to provide for them and they dont even bother if husband leaves allowance or not.
I guess it is this same husband that pays the rent,kid's school fees,NEPA bill,clothings and many more
If you as a wife take care of other stuffs without asking ,i think it's better and that wont make your husband feels you are just a liability.
Since you are working,I think you should take up some responsiblities too .
Keep praying for your husband to be richer.

oyb:

ujujoan-

it seems the fact has somehow escaped you - not all men can be millionaires at 30

Plz tell her
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2009
oyb:

ujujoan-

No the facts of this particular story has definitely escaped you!

The husband gives her money!

The money is not enough!

She makes it up with her own money!

The husband not only does not acknowledge that she's taking almost equal financial responsibility in the house, dosen't accept the money he gives her is not enof!

Okay, @ poster . .  sorry for calling your hubby daft! But what he's doing is not fair, and I'm not talking to him only, I'm talkin to every man in this forum with a family who refuses to take responsibility like he should!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? / Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? / Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.