Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni (10160 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Live Updates 9 Jan: Winners At The 2013 Glo CAF Awards!!! / Nigerians May Miss Out On Watching The 2013 Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Darlo22(m): 9:08am On Jan 12, 2013
MANAGING TALENT
As mentioned earlier too much talent when not properly managed my breed resentment or even envy in your colleagues and this may lead to complications in your carrier as they may gang up against you and begin to feed your boss with lies about you. If your boss is also not properly managed he may also become threatened by your talent and may be begin to work against you. A lot of talented people do not make it to the promotion list for this reason. Their bosses only maximise their talents for his own selfish purpose but keep the talented person outside the limelight.
You may have noticed that you are better than your boss in analysis, research or even presentation, that is natural. You boss was placed above you not because he has better technical skills but probably because he has better managerial skills or has more experience in handling the customers or other bureaucratic processes. A good number of bosses feel insecure with multi-talented people and it is duty of the talented employee to make them feel at ease or they will face the bitter consequences.

The people-skill dysfunction is closely related to the other curse, the curse of envy. The truth is talent do not seem fair as talented people do not have to struggle to do what they are gifted to do. This naturally makes them targets of envy. I must confess it is only too natural to envy talented people, they sometimes make less talented people look lazy or lacking in effort. If you are talented you don't have rob it in on other less talented colleagues or make them look stupid. Sometimes you have to go out of your way to try and help them or even impact some of your skills into them if possible. However, as you volunteer to assist them, always remember that the office is war zone and that you have to also keep your self relevant by been one step ahead, do not let all your skills out of the bag and please learn new ones.
TWO TYPES OF ENVY
Speaking of envy, there are two main kinds -Benign Envy and Malicious Envy. According to researchers at Tilburg University Netherlands, benign envy (where you don't have to kill the other person) is actually a more positive motivator than love or money while malicious envy is destructive and can even lead to murder. Irrespective of the kind of envy that you are faced with it is your duty to make your colleagues feel important and to make your boss shine, in that way you will be respected and appreciated. If you feel socially handicapped by reason of your talent work tirelessly on it, learn to throw a small party for your colleagues, learn to hang out after work hours and bring people into your creative world. Doing this and much more will gradually endear you to them and you will eventually be allowed into their trust circle.-Excerpts from my new book-Its Okay to have a bad boss-Understanding the 12 kinds of bosses and how to work with them by Darlington Onyeagori

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Johnnoah1st: 9:39am On Jan 12, 2013
IYA NGBALI: I knows that nigeria cannot winnning these cup,what I doesn't know is who is going to wins it
u mean nigeria cannot winning these cup? yeepa!!! Omo see grammer, hahahaha, nairaland no go kill me oo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by pedor(m): 10:04am On Jan 12, 2013
Those group of players that came together and called theirselves super eagles are nt super at all...infact, they are micro chickens. They wont win anytin
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
IYA NGBALI: I knows that nigeria cannot winnning these cup,what I doesn't know is who is going to wins it

You do well.. But shey you know posting is not by force sha?
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Korrection(m): 7:08am On Jan 13, 2013
And if they qualify,will you go and drink alomo before hugging the transformer because they did.?[quote author=Braimoh100][/quote]
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Mustay(m): 7:39am On Jan 13, 2013
Desdola: Just because of a friendly match tongues are wagging. People should try 2 appreciate d efforts of others at least. In as much as am a fan of Osaze, his recent behaviour does not represent that of a sportsman. I just hope the super eagles wld write their critics wrong in the Nations cup

Paul Bassey was asked to explain why Osaze was asked today and he mentioned one issue of Osaze being a problem in the team - out of the 3 things mentioned (one of them being that he kinda selected matches by telling coach his wife was about to put to bed during the Venuezela game and then again, in January), he said Osaze told Keshi that for the past ten years he had being playing for Nigeria, "Nigeria had never had a captain". This player, to the technical committee was gonna cause more problems in the team.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by RedLight1: 7:45am On Jan 13, 2013
bknight: With Ghana, Cote d'voire in that competition, who even knew d color of d Zambians...

I get ur drift sha, but I never say never!
and who is gana compared to zambia.. Current champion? U forgot same team defeated gana and cote d voire last year in d same tournament
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by RedLight1: 7:55am On Jan 13, 2013
thank gudness i have me helmet on
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by deb(m): 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2013
proflangdon: He can say what he likes!! If the Super Eagles will put more into their game, nothing will stop them. Be optimistic!!!

I used to think like this for eagles say in the early years of 2000 when I thought all hope was not lost, but as at 2006 mehn the reality dawned on me. Brother, you need to wake up there is no hope for this eagle especially with Keshi. His game plan, tactics and leadership sucks big time.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Cornel88(m): 9:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
Akiika:
Na Christian Chukwu be Eagles coach again? na wah for this "1st to comment" people o, dem no dey think before dem type again.
Oga thank you.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by solomon111(m): 2:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lol.
Arm chair analyst.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by starstaz(m): 11:21am On Jul 12, 2020
Now , it is History. All the barrage of criticism on the head coach about his tactics, team selection and philosophy prior to the 2013 Tournament were all hog wash. At the end Coach Keshi became a victorious team coach and won the tournament for Nigeria. For once let us always give our support to one of our own rather that. pull them down syndrome.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neymar Will Be Out For 4 Weeks Due To Left Hamstring Injury / Morocco Vs Croatia: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: (0 - 0) On 23 November 2022 / Kemi Adekoya Suspended After Testing Positive For Steroid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.