Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,703 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary (12815 Views)

Labaran Maku Emerges As New APGA National Secretary At Party Convention / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured / Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by Ptimes: 4:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Friday nullified the election of Olagunsoye Oyinlola as the National Secretary of the ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

While ruling on a suit filed by the Chairman of Ogun State PDP, Adebayo Dayo, the Judge, Abdul Kafarati, said that the election of Mr. Oyinlola did not follow due process.

The judge said that Mr. Oyinlola could not have emerged as the nominee of the PDP in view of the fact that two courts of competent jurisdiction nullified the congress in which he was selected.

He said that the action of both the PDP and Mr. Oyinlola amounted to a criminal conduct which is liable to imprisonment.

Mr. Kafarati held that Mr. Oyinlola cannot be recognized as the National Secretary of the PDP and should therefore vacate office immediately.

Counsel to Mr. Oyinlola, Toyose Oyekunle, in his reaction to the judgement said a notice of appeal and stay of execution had already been filed.

“The whole world saw the PDP National Convention held in Abuja where Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola was elected National Secretary,” he said.

Speaking further Mr. Toyose said “The election was conducted in the open at the Eagle Square Abuja and one wonders how the court arrived at its decision that Prince Oyinlola was elected at the Zonal Congress held in Oshogbo, Osun State”.

He also said Mr. Oyinlola is not going to leave office since the judgement is now under appeal.

Mr. Oyinlola and other members of the PDP leadership, believed to be loyal to former President Olusegun Obasanjo, have been having a running battle with the National Chairman of the party, Bamanga Tukur, who has the support of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Mr. Tukur had announced on Wednesday that the crisis in the party leadership had been resolved by Mr. Jonathan although later actions proved otherwise.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/114769-pdp-crisis-latest-court-sacks-oyinlola-as-national-secretary.html
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by takedat(m): 4:51pm On Jan 11, 2013
Since a notice of appeal and stay of execution has been filled, he still remains the secretary. Can't wait to see how GEJ's over ambitious agenda to earn a 2015 ticket ruins the biggest thieving party!

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by ganye1: 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
May be he is being punished for the role he played in going behind the national chairman of PDP to re-instate the sacked Adamawa state PDP executive after collecting huge sums of money from the Adamawa state governor as being alleged.
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2013
ok
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by seanet01: 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2013
PDP is dead and buried in South west.
Esu lagiri oko
elekun sunkun laaroye bonsaki
taapo si.

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by oba009(m): 5:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
Breaking news: Court sacks Oyinlola as PDP National Secretary
January 11, 2013 | 4:08 pm
News
By Ikechukwu Nnochiri
ABUJA – The Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, Friday, sacked the National Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and former Governor of Ogun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, from office.
Oyinlola was ordered to vacate the office after the high court presided by Justice Abdul Kafarati, held that there was merit in a suit that was entered against him by Chieftains of the party in Ogun State.
The state chapter of the PDP led by its Chairman and Secretary, Chief Adebayo Dayo and Semiu Sodipo, had in their suit, alleged that Oyinlola emerged as the national scribe of the party through a kangaroo process they said was perfected by former President Olusegun Obasanjo and former National Vice Chairman, PDP South West, Alhaji Tajudeen Oladipo.
They argued that in view of two separate judgments of a Federal High Court in Lagos that nullified the South West Zonal congress that produced Oyinlola as candidate, his continued stay in office was illegal, null and void since his candidacy was annulled ab-intio, contending that “something cannot be built on nothing.”
Consequently, the plaintiffs had through their counsel, Dr. Amaechi Nwaiwu, SAN,  asked the court : “Whether the candidacy of Oyinlola as a nominee of the South West Zonal Chapter of the PDP and his consequent election to the office of National Secretary at the National Convention in March 2012 were not invalid, null and void by reason of the order and judgment of the Federal High Court made respectively on the 27th of April 2012 in suit no FHC/L/CS/282/2012 and 2nd May 2012 in suit no FHC/L/CS/347/2012 nullifying the South West zonal congress of March 2012 from where Oyinlola emerged or ought to have emerged.”
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by alaoeri: 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2013
Dear God please more confusion in PDP till the party breaks into pieces.

4 Likes

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by oba009(m): 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by aglomar: 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
Halleluyah!

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by lakeside025(m): 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2013
Another blow for oyin, after †ђξ blow he received frm aregbesola by 3yrs ago.. This man ℓιƒє is full σƒ blows

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by free2ryhme: 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
waiting to see what GEJ will do next?
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by dridowu: 5:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
Oyinlola Mind ; I guess opposition is @ wok, dy are using Tinubu Jugde, dat is y i was sack.
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by anonimi: 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2013
seanet01: PDP is dead and buried in South west.
Esu lagiri oko
taapo si.

Firstly, it is good that the useless guy is sacked. He did very little in Lagos as MILAD military governor and did very little also as civilian governor in Osun state.
But you cannot imagine an ACN party man suing like this. PDP has more internal democracy they only need to weed out the ex-soldiers and bad guys.

4 Likes

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by OmerianConsult: 6:02pm On Jan 11, 2013
Thank God.
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by TableLeg(m): 6:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
I just love that word "SACK" ... Especially when politicians and looney bosses get the chop!

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by Smykell(m): 6:06pm On Jan 11, 2013
Oyinlola that politica beast... He will eventually end in jail no boday give a demn if he papa na once Oba....loyal dog to OBAs
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by philips70(m): 6:07pm On Jan 11, 2013
I can see the mods are encouraging the first and 100th to comment crew if not they will not hide my post of lashing out at one of the later day crew. Nairaland sha
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by 80million1: 6:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
*speechless*

That can't be possible

OyinLOLE remains National Secretary!
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
alaoeri: Dear God please more confusion in PDP till the party breaks into pieces.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by Gbawe: 6:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
I am absolutely loving the chaos, intrigue and divisive politicking the ambition of GEJ is causing. OBJ, arrogantly, did not even attend the BOT election yet his candidate, Ali, whose candidacy was announced recently, carried the day easily to show the GEJ crew they are upstarts in the Party. Pathetically, they had to create a ruse about 'voting deadlocked' so they can begin actions attempting to dismantle the opposition to GEJ. I dey laugh.

I have read here, countless times, how GEJ will simply brush others aside to emerge in 2015. I will urge him to even gain the PDP ticket first because , in my opinion, Mr.President and his fans, to include those on this forum, are incredibly naive. They simply don't know what they have taken on.

Because thieves settled on GEJ as the best President to allow looting to go on does not mean GEJ owns the PDP. That will be proven to him in due course. They can carry on the sacking and 'take-downs' all they want. it will all be in vain in my opinion because the "owner" of the PDP will show GEJ who is boss just as Mr.President did with Sylva.

4 Likes

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by jadakiss213(m): 6:24pm On Jan 11, 2013
dridowu: Oyinlola Mind ; I guess opposition is @ wok, dy are using Tinubu Jugde, dat is y i was sack.
English please!

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by Pacesetter2: 6:24pm On Jan 11, 2013
This man is a total failure...abeg go sit down
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by TableLeg(m): 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2013
dridowu: Oyinlola Mind ; I guess opposition is @ wok, dy are using Tinubu Jugde, dat is y i was sack.
SMH ... you are an embarrassment to the human race!

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
As long as they keep their nonsense away from SW, goodluck to them.

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by ypzilanti: 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
Seems PDP ticket is not assured for GEJ. (Eating popcorn and watching).
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by victorD3: 6:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
seanet01: PDP is dead and buried in South west.
Esu lagiri oko
taapo si.

What does PDP need in south west when they have south south?

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
Gbawe: I am absolutely loving the chaos, intrigue and divisive politicking the ambition of GEJ is causing. OBJ, arrogantly, did not even attend the BOT election yet his candidate, Ali, whose candidacy was announced recently, carried the day easily to show the GEJ crew they are upstarts in the Party. Pathetically, they had to create a ruse about 'voting deadlocked' so they can begin actions attempting to dismantle the opposition to GEJ. I dey laugh.

I have read here, countless times, how GEJ will simply brush others aside to emerge in 2015. I will urge him to even gain the PDP ticket first because , in my opinion, Mr.President and his fans, to include those on this forum, are incredibly naive. They simply don't know what they have taken on.

Because thieves settled on GEJ as the best President to allow looting to go on does not mean GEJ owns the PDP. That will be proven to him in due course. They can carry on the sacking and 'take-downs' all they want. it will all be in vain in my opinion because the "owner" of the PDP will show GEJ who is boss just as Mr.President did with Sylva.

As much as I'd like to agree with you on the bolded, GEJ unfortunately will not only get the ticket but also win the election in 2015. He will empty the treasury and put the country up for sale if he has to.
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by ignis: 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2013
ypzilanti: Seems PDP ticket is not assured for GEJ. (Eating popcorn and watching).
That can never be possible, unless its not the PDP I know.
Re: Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary by mca795: 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2013
onto vacation level. After en don steel wetin en wnt sreel na nw den knw say na fake election. Mtssww. If i hea

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets With Representatives Of The Nigerian Community In Norway [Photo] / Abia Now Enviable Under Otti, Says Governor Uzodinma / Plateau Reinstates 24-Hour Curfew After Looting Of COVID-19 Palliative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.