Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary (17679 Views)

Labaran Maku Emerges As New APGA National Secretary At Party Convention / Oyinlola Sacked As PDP National Secretary / Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated As President Of Court Of Appeal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by oluwashaddow(m): 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
Former Governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, has been reinstated as National Secretary of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), according to information just reaching News Express.

Breaking the news to News Express, Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, National Publicity Secretary of the New Peoples Democratic Party (nPDP), which is out to oust the PDP leadership under Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, said: “This is good news. It shows that we are on the right track. We expect Bamanga Tukur and his illegal National Working Committee to also be removed soon so that Prince Oyinlola can operate on a clean slate.”

News Express is yet to get details of the court ruling.

It would be recalled that Justice Abdul Kafarati of the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court had on September 27 ordered PDP and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to delete Oyinlola’s name from their records as the National Secretary of the PDP.

Ruling on a motion on notice that was filed before the court by the Ogun State chapter of the PDP, Justice Kafarati, directed the party and the electoral body to rather recognise one Professor Adewale Oladapo, who it said was duly nominated by the Southwest PDP extra-ordinary zonal congress held in Ibadan, Oyo State, on July 13 this year.

Besides, Justice Kafarati who noted that the High Court had on January 11, sacked Oyinlola from office and ordered a fresh PDP Zonal Congress in the South-West region of the country, said the order remained valid till July 13.

The Judge maintained that having gone through all the documents tendered before the court by the plaintiffs, led by PDP National Chairman in Ogun State, Mr Adebayo Dayo and the Secretary, Mr Semiu Sodipo, he was satisfied that Prof Oladipo was validly nominated by the congress to replace Oyinlola in office.

While granting the plaintiffs’ prayers, the Judge, dismissed Oyinlola’s argument that the court had become funtus officio on the matter, having earlier delivered a judgment in the case.

Justice Karafati said the plaintiff’s application was neither meant to re-open the case nor effect changes to the earlier judgment, but aimed at regularising the steps taken in compliance with the judgment.

On Oyinlola’s argument that the court could no longer consider the application because he had appealed the judgment, the judge held that the application would have no effect on the judgment and the pending appeal.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=130749&cpage=1
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by Waspy(m): 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Collateral damage. Another hole in the Umblerra grin .Anticipating more brouhaha soon. grin

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
PDP 2 - nPDP 1

3 Likes

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by taharqa: 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
I don't undastad. Where d judgement o??
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by jmaine: 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
The tory no carry any concise judgement to support the thread title . . . .
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
A/Court reinstates Oyinlola as PDP Sec

November 06, 2013 / in News 7:24 pm

THE political quagmire rocking the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Wednesday, took another turn as the Appeal Court sitting in Abuja reinstated Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola as the party National Secretary, just as the national leadership of the PDP led by Alhaji Bamanga Tukur said it was studying the judgement.

Reacting to the judgment, PDP National Legal Adviser, Victor Kwom disclosed that the party would react and take action at the appropriate time.
Meanwhile, the national Coordinator of PDP Stakehokders Forum, Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere hailed the judgement and described it as a big victory for democracy.

More details soon

Vanguard

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by psucc(m): 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
Thanks egurilla for the post. I nearly vent my anger on the OP for not giving a true report.

By the way Justice (Auctioneer) Kafarati is known to be auctioning judgement to the highest bidder.

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by taharqa: 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
jmaine: The tory no carry any concise judgement to support the thread title . . . .
I just read it on Vanguard. Its seem true but no details yet.... I still don't undastad though- Is it possible in law for an Appeal Court panel to 'reverse' d judgement of anoda Appeal Court Panel, instead of d Supreme Court? Which of d judgements wud be obeyed since both carry d same force of law?... Awaiting Details
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
I dey laugh.
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by jmaine: 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
taharqa: I just read it on Vanguard. Its seem true but no details yet.... I still don't undastad though- Is it possible in law for an Appeal Court panel to 'reverse' d judgement of anoda Appeal Court Panel, instead of d Supreme Court? Which of d judgements wud be obeyed since both carry d same force of law?... Awaiting Details

I see lipsrsealed
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by abdulg: 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
u
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by stanlink(m): 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
Bad news men, why naaa?
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by kokoA(m): 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
It seems their is an element of sincerity in this fight by the G7.

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by tobechi20(m): 8:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
Fifty percent of court cases belong to pdp

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by seunfly: 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
A
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by dridowu: 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
where will he belong now ? npdp or old pdp
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by omenka(m): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
Another timely confusion berths in the house of the poverty dispensing party. I pray they see more in the days ahead.

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
nigeria judges and their conflicting judgements. i love dis sha
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by toluleke(m): 11:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
Politics Friends INSIDE enemies OUTSIDE..Jonathan would congratulate him 2mao,while Some THUGS would kill themselves on No reason 2mao.
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by LivingSoul34: 11:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
MONUMENTAL CONFUSION...
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by natine90: 11:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
the big question is; will he stay with the nPDP or team up with Bamanga Tukur - the man they've bn so eager to overthrow?
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by alaoeri: 11:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
Bamanga, GEJ etc all this ppl won ti e le rara.
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by atlwireles: 11:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
So, he wants to serve a party call PDP or nPDP. PDP will keep you in court till next century

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
PDP!
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by Longeria(m): 11:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
Let's wait and see, but one thing is sure, Jonathan triumph

1 Like

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by Ryda(m): 11:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
PDP cheesy
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by phemmiebabs: 11:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
;Dpdp,power on d people
Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by Caseless: 12:19am On Nov 07, 2013
natine90: the big question is; will he stay with the nPDP or team up with Bamanga Tukur - the man they've bn so eager to overthrow?
if i hear! Team up with which tukur? Was it not thesame tukur dat started having problem with him becos he (oyinlola) seems to b loyal to obj than him (tukur)? Dz is good 4 nPDP cos they now have a secretary in d mainstream who's part of their struggle. He can now b fighting frm da inside. Oyinlola and tukur no fit settle...

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by Lilknight(m): 12:19am On Nov 07, 2013
Aw dis one take affect ASUU and petrol price!

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by Dhurmynick(m): 12:21am On Nov 07, 2013
the same man that killed lot of people in osun.

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by Diasporan(m): 12:24am On Nov 07, 2013
psucc: Thanks egurilla for the post. I nearly vent my anger on the OP for not giving a true report.

By the way Justice (Auctioneer) Kafarati is known to be auctioning judgement to the highest bidder.
Bro how did you know about Justice Kafarati?I thought I was the only one that know him well.You just said the truth about him.Very soon he will be exposed.That man is a damn criminal.I remember a case I was directly involved in two years ago that criminal was the presiding Judge.Through his agent he negotiating with our opponent and same time with us.At the end of the day justice was perverted.

2 Likes

Re: Oyinlola Reinstated As PDP National Secretary by free2ryhme: 12:24am On Nov 07, 2013
Confused party

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Group Lobbies For Osinbajo To Succeed Buhari (Video) / CBN Office In Benue On Fire (Photos) / Nigeria Stinks, I Didn’t Believe It Can Be This Bad —bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.