Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity (11066 Views)

Catholic Priest Bars Priests From Officiating At Flamboyant Burials / Christianity And Drinking Of Wine / The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity by Neddyogu(m): 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
Abeg if u dont have the means to give d dead a befitting burial, just say so and dont spew forth thrash. Who says it's wrong to be entertained at funerals. It aint a religious affair but a social one. Entertainment is accepted and expected at all ceremonies celebrating rites of passage- be it birth, puberty, marriage or death. Abeg yan another tori joor.
Re: Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: Poster, e-mail your contact to me for special invitation for my burial, if you are lucky to be alive when it will happen.

Is death now such a bad thing that people shouldn't be entertained after commensurating with the deceased family?

Even in the Bible time, mourners where hired and paid, then what is the problem with entertaining free mourners.
case closed
Re: Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
Neddy ogu: Abeg if u dont have the means to give d dead a befitting burial, just say so and dont spew forth thrash. Who says it's wrong to be entertained at funerals. It aint a religious affair but a social one. Entertainment is accepted and expected at all ceremonies celebrating rites of passage- be it birth, puberty, marriage or death. Abeg yan another tori joor.
my brother you didn't know sunday is the bash a christian day on NL? grin grin
Re: Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity by free2ryhme: 9:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
why must is be only xtians... are xtians the only ones eating and drinkin @ burials .. what of the Muslims,pagans,idol worshipers and new age followers
Re: Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity by sobastical: 11:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
smakati:

I haven't been to a lot of funerals ( I hate going)......but wit d few I ve attended, I ve noticed dat d deceased's family prepares food and drinks for guest.....butfor me I don't eat, cos after taking part in a funeral I lose my appetite.......

Its not a christian or muslim thing, its a Nigerian thing......christians in other part of the world don't do it....its part of our national stupidity.......somebody died, instead of ppl to mourn, dey re killing malu and downing stout....

Its not a must to prepare drinks and food.......as a matter of fact I will instruct my children in my final testament not to serve food and drink @ my funeral, not even pure water......anybody dat is hungry shld go to his/her house to eat.......

Take it easy bro....but you really have a point there.
Re: Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity by calcal: 5:22am On Jan 14, 2013
you don't need to eat, just continue crying!
Re: Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity by Neddyogu(m): 5:38am On Jan 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: my brother you didn't know sunday is the bash a christian day on NL? grin grin
i get it now
Re: Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity by megareal: 6:17am On Jan 14, 2013
BTW, entertainment during burials isn't about christianity, its more of a cultural thing as it is done by most people in Nigeria irrespective of their religious inclinations.
Re: Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity by blackbeau1(f): 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
Obviously,it is now.you see people eating and drinking @ d burial of a teenager and its so annoying.
Re: Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity by Ngwakwe: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
Lost of love one is painful, I understand but is death not a characteristics of a living thing.

Please entertain your guest if the money is there. Are your guests Mr Death.

black_beau: Obviously,it is now.you see people eating and drinking @ d burial of a teenager and its so annoying.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? / The Great Tribulations After Rapture / Three Reasons To Get To Church On Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.