Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,686 members, 7,809,591 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? (11048 Views)

Is Smoking A Sin? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Drinking Or Smoking A Sin For A Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by annyplenty(m): 11:21pm On Mar 01, 2009
A preacher inside bus said cigarette smoking was a SIN and that every smoker would go to hell. is it really a SIN?
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by AKO1(m): 8:51am On Mar 02, 2009
Na lie. Every smoker will not go to hell.

Sin or no sin i'd personally rather not smoke.

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by benedictac(f): 9:06am On Mar 02, 2009
anyything that destroys the temple of the Lord is a sin. Smoking is not good for the body so the temple of God which is your body.

Therefore, smoking is a sin and all sinners shall find themselves in hell.

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by Tonyet1(m): 11:24am On Mar 02, 2009
1st corinthians. 3:16

true talk, all smokers are liable to go to >>>>>
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2009
benedictac:

anyything that destroys the temple of the Lord is a sin. Smoking is not good for the body so the temple of God which is your body.

Therefore, smoking is a sin and all sinners shall find themselves in hell.
my guy, you are wrong and i hope you know that.
anything done in excess is wrong. fanta and coke if taken in excess can cause diabetes.

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by PurestBoy(m): 1:40pm On Mar 02, 2009
tonye-t:

1st corinthians. 3:16

true talk, all smokers are liable to go to >>>>>

go where, Myself and my friend are confirmed first class original consumer of nicotine, a true ambassador of B&H, So tell us where we go

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by rite2salas(m): 8:18am On Mar 03, 2009
una dey go Miami FL for yankee undecided
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by annyplenty(m): 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2009
A_K_O:

Na lie. Every smoker will not go to hell.

Sin or no sin i'd personally rather not smoke.

if CIGARETTE smoking is not a SIN what about INDIAN HEMP or MARIJUANA?
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by KunleOshob(m): 3:24pm On Mar 04, 2009
Whilst the bible does not describe such as a sin (although some puritans would try and twist the bible to describe it as such) i believe as human beings we have a responsibility to take care of our bodies and as such abstain from things that could harm our bodies. The closest example we have in the bible is when we were asked to not to drink excessively, gluttony was also described as a sin. In essence if one most smoke one MUST be able to determine what quantity is not excessive and this might be difficult to do since the damaging effects of smoking are not immediate. The effects could take up to twenty years to manifest. Also realizing that smokingg is addictive and there is a tendency to smoke excessively i belieiev it is btter off for us to avoid it all together. By the way i was a chained smoker cool i really used to enjoy it but i thank God i have been delivered from the addiction.

3 Likes

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by annyplenty(m): 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2009
KUNLEOSHOB

thank God you stop smoking.
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by Image123(m): 11:13am On Mar 05, 2009
KunleOshob didn't say that he stopped smoking.He said he is no more addicted but did make good points though.The emboldened below are real.

Whilst the bible does not describe such as a sin (although some puritans would try and twist the bible to describe it as such) i believe as human beings we have a responsibility to take care of our bodies and as such abstain from things that could harm our bodies. The closest example we have in the bible is when we were asked to not to drink excessively, gluttony was also described as a sin. In essence if one most smoke one MUST be able to determine what quantity is not excessive and this might be difficult to do since the damaging effects of smoking are not immediate. The effects could take up to twenty years to manifest. Also realizing that smokingg is addictive and there is a tendency to smoke excessively i belieiev it is btter off for us to avoid it all together. By the way i was a chained smoker i really used to enjoy it but i thank God i have been delivered from the addiction.

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by smile4kenn(m): 11:14am On Mar 05, 2009
that pastor is a hungry pastor
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by Image123(m): 11:46am On Mar 05, 2009
@smile4kenn
being hungry has nothing to do with it.I've seen very poor people smoke.I've seen beggars smoke.That someone is discouraging smoking doesn't mean that he is hungry or doesn't have money

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by smile4kenn(m): 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2009
@image

I know why i said he is hungry
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by EshuKemi: 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2009
no angry
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by spikedcylinder: 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2009
But catholic Priests are allowed to smoke.

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 1:26am On Mar 07, 2009
Sugar destroys the body too.

Dont rewrite the bible nowhere was it written that smoking is bad. Its just a bad habit maybe like chewing gum

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by UNLEASHED(m): 2:46am On Mar 07, 2009
dayokanu:

Sugar destroys the body too.

Dont rewrite the bible nowhere was it written that smoking is bad. Its just a bad habit maybe like chewing gum
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by spikedcylinder: 7:30am On Mar 07, 2009
It has been re-written so many times, they might as well try their luck. tongue
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by Badriyyah(f): 9:01am On Mar 07, 2009
Oh Please. Cigarette smoking is not a sin. Don't spread lies, It's just not HEALTHY. If you are looking for a way to stop smoking, think about your health, and stop thinking that you'll go to hell. Geez.

2 Likes

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by Bobbyaf(m): 9:37am On Mar 07, 2009
Sin is knowing the right and failing to do it. Hence the smoking of cigarettes is a sinful act. There is no going around it.
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2009
@Bobbyaf,
Sin is knowing the right and failing to do it. Hence the smoking of cigarettes is a sinful act. There is no going around it.

Chewing gum is a sin too, What is wrong about smoking?

You know its wrong to blar your horn so that is a sin too.

Its wrong to rush for bus that means people rushing for buses are sinners.

Its wrong to owe people, Owe NEPA, rent and bills so anyone who owes is a sinners too.

All catholic priests who smoke are sinners and would go to Hell? Preach on Pastor Bobby

No shifting of goalpost here

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by yousouph(m): 1:40pm On Mar 07, 2009
I always thought dat smoking is a sin without any religious proof but when i travelled abroad, i saw many religious leaders smoking & when i asked y? They its not written in d Holy Book as a sin but dangerous 2 ur health. If u know its dangerous, y do smoke then?
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by yme1(f): 1:44pm On Mar 07, 2009
Na true now,
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2009
Yousouph,

Speeding is dangerous as well, car racing too should be a sin.
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by yousouph(m): 3:35pm On Mar 07, 2009
I always thought dat smoking is a sin without any religious proof but when i travelled abroad, i saw many religious leaders smoking & when i asked y? They its not written in d Holy Book as a sin but dangerous 2 ur health. If u know its dangerous, y do smoke then?
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by otokx(m): 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2009
some people done dey create their own list of sins.

2 Likes

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by Bobbyaf(m): 7:24pm On Mar 07, 2009
Chewing gum is a sin too, What is wrong about smoking?

You know its wrong to blar your horn so that is a sin too.

Its wrong to rush for bus that means people rushing for buses are sinners.

Its wrong to owe people, Owe NEPA, rent and bills so anyone who owes is a sinners too.

All catholic priests who smoke are sinners and would go to Hell? Preach on Pastor Bobby

No shifting of goalpost here

Be they simple or great acts of wrong they are sinful acts just the same. If you borrow and don't return that is a sinful act. Blowing one's car horn loudly could have different motives, so it depends on the circumstances, wouldn't it? If I am trying to avoid hitting you fine, grin

I cannot account for the rushing of buses, grin
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by annyplenty(m): 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2009
what does Qur'an, the Torah or other religious books say about cigarette. does anybody has an answer?
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by MrCrackles(m): 8:46pm On Mar 07, 2009
I dont think it is a sin, as far as i know!
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by spikedcylinder: 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2009
I ate Ice cream this afternoon. I know its bad for my body but I ate it anyway. I must be going to hell. tongue
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by Bobbyaf(m): 1:28am On Mar 08, 2009
The bible says ignorance is no bliss, grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Great Tribulations After Rapture / 10 Miracles By Ghana Fetish Priest Anokye Okomfo I Bet You Don't Know / What Are The Spiritual Effects Of Premarital Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.