Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Christ Is Head - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Is Head (8165 Views)

A Church In Lagos Where Every Member Is Head Of Witches And Wizards. / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God / The Anti Christ Is Tb Joshua Pls Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 10:09am On Jan 21, 2013
Bidam: ...na you sAbi...mrs bible..na you no bible pass..IF JESUS THAT TOOK THE FORM OF A MAN, A SERVANT DECIDE TO TAKE THE FORM OF AN ANGEL...IS THAT TOO MUCH A THING FOR YOU TO COMPREHEND? DATS MY PROBLEM WITH BABIES

Jesus always the subordinate.......angel of GOD....servant of GOD....son of GOD........high priest of GOD.....annointed of GOD........

If it is not clear to you that from the past and for all eternity Jesus would remain Gods servant,then you really need to have your head checked.........

God is subordinate to no one ,but Jesus is........Jesus is Gods servant......chikena.......

When Jesus came to the earth he was sent by his superior....when he acted as an angel before his descending to the earth,he was still running errands for his GOD and superior.......Jesus has always been a servant of God and would never stop being one.......Jesus does nothing of his own originality,only what the Father tells him he does.......

Jesus is Gods[b]servant[/b] for all eternity..............
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 21, 2013
Boomark:

Am not an arts student. Should i be teaching you english? A master provides food and shelter for his slave, while the slave does everything the master commands. Who among this two will you call a servant?

Did the disciples call Jesus their servant? Did you see any of those he healed call him servant? They call him their Lord and master.

Rev 1:1
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show His servants- things that must shortly take place. And he sent and signified it by his angel to his servant john. See Heb 1:1-2 also.

Do you see servant and master relationship here between Jesus and God? God does not go on an errand for anybody. He is a servant to no one.

Since you said its a worldly Babylonian concept, are you ready to answer my questions about servant? because we will still get to the point where you can't answer me again.

THAT IS WHY I SAID TRUTH MIXED WITH ERROR..E BI LIKE SAY YOU FORGET WETIN I TALK ABI? AND IF GOD HIMSELF IN THE PERSON OF JESUS CAME TO DIE FOR US...IS DAT TOO MUCH FOR YOU GUYS TO COMPREHEND?NA WA OOO..REALLY GODLINESS NA SERIOUS MYSTERY..."And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1 Tim. 3:16).

Jesus Christ is according to the Bible, God incarnate in man. The word "incarnate" means: made in the flesh, endowed with a human body; having a human body. The Bible clearly proclaims that Jesus Christ is God.
no bi me talk am na bible..if una like, grin make una vex tongue tongue tongue
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 21, 2013
ijawkid:

Jesus always the subordinate.......angel of GOD....servant of GOD....son of GOD........high priest of GOD.....annointed of GOD........

If it is not clear to you that from the past and for all eternity Jesus would remain Gods servant,then you really need to have your head checked.........

God is subordinate to no one ,but Jesus is........Jesus is Gods servant......chikena.......

When Jesus came to the earth he was sent by his superior....when he acted as an angel before his descending to the earth,he was still running errands for his GOD and superior.......Jesus has always been a servant of God and would never stop being one.......Jesus does nothing of his own originality,only what the Father tells him he does.......

Jesus is Gods[b]servant[/b] for all eternity..............
yeah..i agree..keep preaching preacher
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 21, 2013
plappville:

Euhhh!! Typical way of avoiding to answer a question....b[b]tw, as a former Muslim, how come you still believe Jesus is God?[/b][quote]
@ the emboldened..may God have mercy on your soul..i will pretend to ignore this remark cos you are a sister.
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 21, 2013
@ ijawkid
ifeness:

You have spent a major part of your human existance reading THIS book. Obviously you have been rediculously manipulated by it. our B[b]You feel helplessly inferior to y[/b]ible god,why?

Anyway,since this is what you have chosen for yourself,do not try dragging innocent people into similar confusion. Now we know you are a servant. Good luck.

Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 21, 2013
Now back to topic: i am not the originator of this thread and i will not attempt to address the various teachings of the so called "Christian" groups (actually cults) who deny the deity of Jesus Christ. All I know, or anyone knows about God comes from His word the Bible. All the teachings, that teach that Jesus Christ is not God, can be all lumped into one group and labeled "the vain speculations of men." Only God Himself can tell us who He is and He has chosen to reveal this truth about Himself in the Bible. There is no other place to go, but to God Himself. Thus, I will let God speak for himself from the Scriptures.

Lets first look at I Tim. 3:16, " And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. "

1. "Without controversy." This means simply "obviously" or "beyond all question."

2. "The mystery of Godliness is great." This denotes the importance and magnitude of this now revealed mystery or truth.

3. The mystery is "God is manifest in the flesh!" This is as straight forward as can be made on the matter. This verse says that God is manifested in the flesh. The Greek word is "phneroo" meaning, "to make visible."

4. Jesus was "Justified in the Spirit." Note it was not the flesh that justified, but the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was thus vindicated in the Spirit at His resurrection.

5. Jesus was "Seen of Angels." Angels are spirits, and they saw Christ as spirit.

6. Jesus was "preached among the Gentiles." This denotes the scope of His ministry that He came to save all nations. He was more than the Jewish Messiah, but the Savior of the world.

7. Jesus was "believed on in the world." He being proven to be the Redeemer, He was believed on and accepted as Savior by those who seek after God.

8. Jesus was "Received up into glory." Today Christ is at the right hand of God, making intercession for those who by faith are trusting in Him.

9. This verse is believed to have been a early Christian hymn and could be sung today:

"He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit; was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world; was taken up in glory. "

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Head by Enigma(m): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2013
^^^ Good job.

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2013
To Yahweh belongs all the glory, honour and power.

There is none like our GOD , who can be compared to him , or likened to him, who is his equal.

God is forever ONE and eternal , no MAN has seen him, but his SON has he revealed who is the express image of his person, coming to show us the Father.

"To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One." - Isaiah 40:25

"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence" - Daniel 7:13

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Head by Boomark(m): 11:47am On Jan 21, 2013
BARRISTERS: @plappvile
@Boomark

do you notice this variance in their trinitarian concept? see this (bolded) below;

Bidam;to Barristers

when the foundation of 'a belief is not in agreement' what haappens?

"The angel of the Lord, aka the angel of his presence the covenant maker."

Bidam was right na. wink their contradictions plenty my brother.

The angel Michael thread was very revealing. Its high time he started seeing us as scholars.
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Bidam: Now back to topic: i am not the originator of this thread and i will not attempt to address the various teachings of the so called "Christian" groups (actually cults) who deny the deity of Jesus Christ. All I know, or anyone knows about God comes from His word the Bible. All the teachings, that teach that Jesus Christ is not God, can be all lumped into one group and labeled "the vain speculations of men." Only God Himself can tell us who He is and He has chosen to reveal this truth about Himself in the Bible. There is no other place to go, but to God Himself. Thus, I will let God speak for himself from the Scriptures.

Lets first look at I Tim. 3:16, " And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. "

1. "Without controversy." This means simply "obviously" or "beyond all question."

2. "The mystery of Godliness is great." This denotes the importance and magnitude of this now revealed mystery or truth.

3. The mystery is "God is manifest in the flesh!" This is as straight forward as can be made on the matter. This verse says that God is manifested in the flesh. The Greek word is "phneroo" meaning, "to make visible."

4. Jesus was "Justified in the Spirit." Note it was not the flesh that justified, but the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ was thus vindicated in the Spirit at His resurrection.

5. Jesus was "Seen of Angels." Angels are spirits, and they saw Christ as spirit.

6. Jesus was "preached among the Gentiles." This denotes the scope of His ministry that He came to save all nations. He was more than the Jewish Messiah, but the Savior of the world.

7. Jesus was "believed on in the world." He being proven to be the Redeemer, He was believed on and accepted as Savior by those who seek after God.

8. Jesus was "Received up into glory." Today Christ is at the right hand of God, making intercession for those who by faith are trusting in Him.

9. This verse is believed to have been a early Christian hymn and could be sung today:

"He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit; was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world; was taken up in glory. "

You act like this verse you quoted isn't one of the frauds of trinitarians......eh??.....BIDAM stop spewing rubbish here and spreading heresy...........this verse quoted from never had the word ""GOD"" attached to it before the 3rd/4th century............not until the pagan trinity was formulated was that verse tampered with and here is the result.....persons like BIDAM hold on to false renderings that even fellow trinitarians have discarded and regarded as false............

How this makes sense to you baffles me...

It makes no sense to say God
was justified in the spirit, God was seen by
angels, God was preached among the
Gentiles, God was believed on in the world,
and God was received into glory." One
would have to create a theological
spin to have this make any good sense.........

It was Christ that came in flesh and not GOD....GOD can and has never been seen...stop spreading falsehoods...........and also do your research on this verse.....see how sincere trinitarian translations render that verse,after knowing that the KJV's rendering was a fraud..........

New International Version (©1984)
Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness
is great:He appeared in a body, was vindicated
by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was
preached among the nations, was believed on in
the world, was taken up in glory.
----------------------------

New Living Translation (©2007)
Without question, this is the great mystery of
our faith:Christ was revealed in a human body
and vindicated by the Spirit. He was seen by
angels and announced to the nations. He was
believed in throughout the world and taken to
heaven in glory.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
By common confession, great is the mystery of
godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh,
Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels,
Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in
the world, Taken up in glory.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And evidently great is the mystery of
godliness, which was manifested in the flesh,
was justified in the spirit, appeared unto
angels, hath been preached unto the Gentiles,
is believed in the world, is taken up in glory.

It was Christ that came in flesh and not GOD himself..........I can't believe that you still don't know that Yahweh and his son(Jesus) are 2 different persons.................and that one person sent the other and not one person incarnating in another form.......

Take your herectic face outta this place.............
Re: Christ Is Head by Boomark(m): 12:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
Bidam: THAT IS WHY I SAID TRUTH MIXED WITH ERROR..E BI LIKE SAY YOU FORGET WETIN I TALK ABI? AND IF GOD HIMSELF IN THE PERSON OF JESUS CAME TO DIE FOR US...IS DAT TOO MUCH FOR YOU GUYS TO COMPREHEND?NA WA OOO..REALLY GODLINESS NA SERIOUS MYSTERY..."And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1 Tim. 3:16).

Jesus Christ is according to the Bible, God incarnate in man. The word "incarnate" means: made in the flesh, endowed with a human body; having a human body. The Bible clearly proclaims that Jesus Christ is God.
no bi me talk am na bible..if una like, grin make una vex tongue tongue tongue

I can see you love my teaching. cheesy. From Godhead to servant and now to Christ is God.

But you have to make use of that link i gave you to know about this one. Before you do that, check the meaning of the term "God" or "god" to see if it is the name of a particular person or a title.
Re: Christ Is Head by Boomark(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
ijawkid:

You act like this verse you quoted isn't one of the frauds of trinitarians......eh??.....BIDAM stop spewing rubbish here and spreading heresy...........this verse quoted from never had the word ""GOD"" attached to it before the 3rd/4th century............not until the pagan trinity was formulated was that verse tampered with and here is the result.....persons like BIDAM hold on to false renderings that even fellow trinitarians have discarded and regarded as false............

It was Christ that came in flesh and not GOD himself..........I can't believe that you still don't know that Yahweh and his son(Jesus) are 2 different persons.................and that one person sent the other and not one person incarnating in another form.......

I wanted to ask him if God himself who was made manifest in flesh is still the same person who is sitting at the right hand of God himself.
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
Boomark:

I wanted to ask him if God himself who was made manifest in flesh is still the same person who is sitting at the right hand of God himself.

I also wanted to ask the same........grin........at least BIDAM knows that Jesus(who he claims to be GOD incarnate),who was received up into glory, sat down at the right hand of someone else and not himself..........

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Head by ichuka(m): 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
Bidam: Now back to topic: i am not the originator of this thread and i will not attempt to address the various teachings of the so called "Christian" groups (actually cults) who deny the deity of Jesus Christ. All I know, or anyone knows about God comes from His word the Bible. All the teachings, that teach that Jesus Christ is not God, can be all lumped into one group and labeled "the vain speculations of men." Only God Himself can tell us who He is and He has chosen to reveal this truth about Himself in the Bible. There is no other place to go, but to God Himself. Thus, I will let God speak for himself from the Scriptures.

Great job bro!!

2 Likes

Re: Christ Is Head by ichuka(m): 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
ijawkid:

It was Christ that came in flesh and not GOD....GOD can and has never been seen...stop spreading falsehoods...........and also do your research on this verse.....see how sincere trinitarian translations render that verse,after knowing that the KJV's rendering was a fraud..........

New International Version (©1984)
Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness
is great:He appeared in a body, was vindicated
by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was
preached among the nations, was believed on in
the world, was taken up in glory.
----------------------------

New Living Translation (©2007)
Without question, this is the great mystery of
our faith:Christ was revealed in a human body
and vindicated by the Spirit. He was seen by
angels and announced to the nations. He was
believed in throughout the world and taken to
heaven in glory.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
By common confession, great is the mystery of
godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh,
Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels,
Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in
the world, Taken up in glory.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And evidently great is the mystery of
godliness, which was manifested in the flesh,
was justified in the spirit, appeared unto
angels, hath been preached unto the Gentiles,
is believed in the world, is taken up in glory.

So your Yahweh has a son,was He created/born?
2.you also said they are two different persons,are you insinuating you guys have 2gods?
Re: Christ Is Head by BARRISTERS: 1:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
@Bidam

stop being a fool, your knowledge of GOD IS limited..look at this verse: ◄ 1 Timothy 3:16 ►

very good language 'fool' worthy of a christian to another christian demanding an accurate and unadulterated truth.

God was manifest in the flesh - If we take in the whole of the 14th, 15th, and 16th verses, we may make a consistent translation in the following manner, and the whole paragraph will stand thus:

Gods manifestation as used in the context;
Bolded below is the sole reason for this letter,
these things I now write unto thee, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God.

thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God

infact from verse 1 -16 of this 1st timothy, shows and arrangemennts of Godliness!,lets see the mistery as it is being analysed;

1 Timothy 3:1-5; ...shows an arrangement of who is fit to be or not to be an Overseer! Deacons, the do's and donts,qualified and not qualified. because it is the household of God.

1 Timothy 3:6-12 ...women are not allowed to lead or teach where a man is, but learn in silence,or must be in submission to the husband. an arrangement that agrees with (1 Cor. 11:3)...[b]“But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman,[/b]and[size=14pt]God is the head of Christ”[/size] .

in affirmation to these aforementioned Godly arrangement(above) in the household of God, verse 15 gave a hint at how this household of God should be conducted in orderliness as stated frim verse 1-16; thus

1 Timothy 3:15-16

15[size=14pt] if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth. [/size]

now, 'Gods household,..which is the church of the living God' comprises of believers (from various races and languages) Humbly come together and sharing one faith in christ! and not the church building or structure!

how the topic changed from these obvious manifestation to a literal GOD WEARING SKIN is not fitting in the context!

lets read verse 16 again, as it cannot stand alone but 'must' connect with the message of verse 15 and all previous verses 1-15;

16 Beyond all question, [size=14pt]the mystery from which true godliness springs is great[/size]:

He appeared in the flesh,
was vindicated by the Spirit,

was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.

God was not mentioned here! and if you have a translation that did mention God, well we need to put the message beign conveyed from verse 1-16 into perspective as what the issue here was and that is 'the mystery from which true godliness springs is great
and the person that came to the earth and revealed as christ is said to be subject to God.(1 cor 15 :28)

and God is the head of christ(1 cor 11:3) and so God cannot be head of himself, but head to inferiors.

i have explained the mysteries reffered to in verse 16.

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
Bidam: stop being a fool, your knowledge of GOD IS limited..look at this verse: ◄ 1 Timothy 3:16 ►

You may want to quit your insults and arrogance for a start !
Re: Christ Is Head by ichuka(m): 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
Boomark:

Yes,He is...Pslm139:7-12,Jere23:23-24.
Infact He's already at the End from the begining..Ish46:10.
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
i.chuka:

2.you also said they are two different persons,are you insinuating you guys have 2gods?
you have sent.
the one[b]you[/b] sent to earth.

Stop calling the almighty ""YOUR YAHWEH""......it seems you have no respect anymore for the one true GOD..........you have shown yourself to be a disgrace to Christ......you are reffering to the almighty as ""Your YAHWEH"".........remember that the Yahweh you are denigrating is the person Jesus worshipped and still worships..........remember that Yahweh is The GOD and FATHER of Jesus...........go and hide your head somewhere.........

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Head by plappville(f): 3:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
i.chuka:

Are you a christian? or should i say, do you believe in Christ? I can(t understand why you say this?

Didnt Jesus made it plain? when one is greater than the other doesn't that make two thing?
Re: Christ Is Head by plappville(f): 3:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
[quote author=Bidam][/quote]

Ah ahhhh...na question i asked na.. grin I know Islam does not agree with the trinity, thats why i asked, after convertion how come you hold so strong on trinity.
You can explain no? Have i sinned that you now asked God to forgive my soul?? shocked
Re: Christ Is Head by ichuka(m): 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
plappville:

Are you a christian? or should i say, do you believe in Christ? I can(t understand why you say this?

Didnt Jesus made it plain? when one is greater than the other doesn't that make two thing?

The theme,The Father and the Son is merely a tittle held by the same person.

1 Like

Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
i.chuka:

wrong.

If they are the same person, kindly answer the following questions :

1. Did GOD die on the cross
2. Can GOD be tempted ? If no, why was Jesus tempted
3. Why did JESUS say the Father is greater than I
4. When Jesus was on earth, who was ruling the universe

many more questions, but these should do for now !
Re: Christ Is Head by ichuka(m): 5:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
frosbel:

wrong.

If they are the same person, kindly answer the following questions :

1. Did GOD die on the cross
2. Can GOD be tempted ? If no, why was Jesus tempted
3. Why did JESUS say the Father is greater than I
4. When Jesus was on earth, who was ruling the universe

many more questions, but these should do for now !

He emptied Himself of His divinity and took the Very nature of a SERVANT,BEING MADE IN HUMAN LIKENESS......Philphn2:7.
Then APPEARED AS A MAN..verse8.
Since He's now a MAN...1.Yes,He can die..2.Yes,He can be tempted,and because He took the very nature of a SERVANT,YES His Master/His Divinity He left in Heaven is greater than He is.
4.His Divinity in Heaven is still incharge.
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
frosbel:

You may want to quit your insults and arrogance for a start !
ok sir! But i remember paul saying 'foolish galatians na'
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
Boomark:

yeah He is...it is not about location or position but the power and authority of God..(mark 14 :62)..throne is not physical but Authority..remember God is a Spirit..i.e heaven is my throne and the earth is my footstool.
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
i.chuka:

He emptied Himself of His divinity and took the Very nature of a SERVANT,BEING MADE IN HUMAN LIKENESS......Philphn2:7.
Then APPEARED AS A MAN..verse8.
Since He's now a MAN...1.Yes,He can die..2.Yes,He can be tempted,and because He took the very nature of a SERVANT,YES His Master/His Divinity He left in Heaven is greater than He is.
4.His Divinity in Heaven is still incharge.

He abandoned his divinity and took a slaves form but you're the same persons who uphold the spurious rendering of 1 timothy 3:16 that GOD himself came in flesh........that's the height of contradiction.........choose one and leave the other........how can Jesus be a servant to himself??....i-chuka you guys have gone mental......grin......

It was the superior and GOD of Jessus that sent Christ down to the earth.......Yahweh and Christ are 2 different distinct persons...................

Did you read john 17:3 @ all??.....smh,,,,,,
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
ijawkid:

He abandoned his divinity and took a slaves form but you're the same persons who uphold the spurious rendering of 1 timothy 3:16 that GOD himself came in flesh........that's the height of contradiction.........choose one and leave the other........how can Jesus be a servant to himself??....i-chuka you guys have gone mental......grin......

It was the superior and GOD of Jessus that sent Christ down to the earth.......Yahweh and Christ are 2 different distinct persons...................

Did you read john 17:3 @ all??.....smh,,,,,,
yeah..you are getting the whole concept muddled up... at least we now know why the first Adam failed...in JOHN 17 :3 JESUS knew THE HOUR HAS COME FOR HIM TO BE GLORIFIED SO HE HAD TO PRAY FOR HIMSELF AND ALSO SET A PERFECT EXAMPLE FOR HIS DISCIPLES ON THE TASK AHEAD. DON'T LET IT CONFUSE YOU...WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD THERE IS NO REMISSION OF SIN..EVER WONDERED WHY THE APOSTLES WERE MARTYRED APART FROM JOHN THE BELOVED?
Re: Christ Is Head by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
Now let us look at the phrase “sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high” . Who is Jesus sitting next to here? How can one sit next to “Majesty on high”?

Mark 14:62
62 And Jesus said, I AM: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

How can one sit next to “the right hand of power”? The fact is Jesus sat down forever as God with all power and authority. Remember, it is not about location or position.

Isa 66:1
66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

If God is omnipresent how then can you sit down on His right side? If God is a Spirit how then can one sit down on the right side of Him? If it possible to sit on the right side of God as a position then we must say that God is not everywhere but that He is limited to space, that He is confined to a certain amount of height and depth. Is God limited to a certain amount of height and depth? I say not!

Because God is an omnipresent Spirit He does not “sit” as we do on a physical throne. The Heaven is His throne. In other words in the universe He sits and reigns, there is no place where He isn’t.

Jesus Christ sat down with all power as Almighty God on the throne by Himself.

The term “sat down” leads us to more understanding of these passages. In understanding the sacrificing of the priests they were not allowed at any time to sit in the Holy place where the sacrificing was done. There was no place to sit. The reason for this is that their sacrificing was never finished. The sins of the people were only pushed ahead another year. When Jesus became our final sacrifice, He at the same time being the high priest, forever sat down as God ending all sacrifices!

So we see the subject is not about how many are sitting on the throne of God but about Jesus sitting down as the almighty God after the final sacrifice!

The term “the almighty” is used 44 times in the Bible. The last verse referring to the almighty is Jesus claiming to be the almighty. How many almighties do we have? Only one and He Jesus, sits on the throne alone!

Rev 1:8
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Luke 11:20
20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

The term “ the finger of God” can be taken literally but again God wants us to understand His great power and authority. Do you think Jesus reached into people’s lives and literally pluck out demons with His finger? A more clear understanding is that God doesn’t even need a whole hand to cast out demons. In a figurative way of speaking God only needs a finger to cast out the devil! The devil is no match for God!
Re: Christ Is Head by plappville(f): 10:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
i.chuka:

Ok, so when Jesus/God was three days and three nights in the heart of the earth are you now saying there was no God for this period and Satan kept silent?

Wouldn't this be the best oppotunity for Satan to have taken over Gods empty throne as His initial plan?
Re: Christ Is Head by ijawkid(m): 11:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
Bidam: Now let us look at the phrase “sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high” . Who is Jesus sitting next to here? How can one sit next to “Majesty on high”?

Mark 14:62
62 And Jesus said, I AM: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

How can one sit next to “the right hand of power”? The fact is Jesus sat down forever as God with all power and authority. Remember, it is not about location or position.

Isa 66:1
66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

If God is omnipresent how then can you sit down on His right side? If God is a Spirit how then can one sit down on the right side of Him? If it possible to sit on the right side of God as a position then we must say that God is not everywhere but that He is limited to space, that He is confined to a certain amount of height and depth. Is God limited to a certain amount of height and depth? I say not!

Because God is an omnipresent Spirit He does not “sit” as we do on a physical throne. The Heaven is His throne. In other words in the universe He sits and reigns, there is no place where He isn’t.

Jesus Christ sat down with all power as Almighty God on the throne by Himself.

The term “sat down” leads us to more understanding of these passages. In understanding the sacrificing of the priests they were not allowed at any time to sit in the Holy place where the sacrificing was done. There was no place to sit. The reason for this is that their sacrificing was never finished. The sins of the people were only pushed ahead another year. When Jesus became our final sacrifice, He at the same time being the high priest, forever sat down as God ending all sacrifices!

So we see the subject is not about how many are sitting on the throne of God but about Jesus sitting down as the almighty God after the final sacrifice!

The term “the almighty” is used 44 times in the Bible. The last verse referring to the almighty is Jesus claiming to be the almighty. How many almighties do we have? Only one and He Jesus, sits on the throne alone!

Rev 1:8
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Luke 11:20
20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

The term “ the finger of God” can be taken literally but again God wants us to understand His great power and authority. Do you think Jesus reached into people’s lives and literally pluck out demons with His finger? A more clear understanding is that God doesn’t even need a whole hand to cast out demons. In a figurative way of speaking God only needs a finger to cast out the devil! The devil is no match for God!

i cant believe you would twist mark 14:62 and revelation 1:8 to mean Jesus was the almighty God sitting on the throne and not Jesus sitting at Gods right hand....even when you know that what you've written is a complete lie and against the scriptures......why didnt you read revelation 1:1?? fraud like you....let me quote these familiar scriptures to you so that you can start thinking well.......

daniel 7:13-14

13 “I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed
-_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
stephens vision............
Acts 7:56
King James Version (KJV)
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 10:12-13
King James Version (KJV)
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1 Corinthians 15:24-28
King James Version (KJV)
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

only a fraud like BIDAM would choose to believe that it is Christ that is sitted on the throne and not at the right hand of his GOD and FATHER.......

BIDAM open your eyes and read daniel 7:13-14 and learn what the bible really teaches and not the hogwash you are spreading on this page........Jesus having gained access to the ancient of days(Yahweh) and sitted AT THE RIGHT hand of GOD was given rulership and power by his GOD to rule and later to hand over that kingdom to the one who gave it to him.........for you to open your mouth and say Jesus is the almighty even when scriptures are dancing in front of you ,then i have no option but to tell you you are finished.....the trinity has completely deluded you.....
Re: Christ Is Head by ichuka(m): 11:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
plappville:

Ok, so when Jesus/God was three days and three nights in the heart of the earth are you now saying there was no God for this period and Satan kept silent?

Wouldn't this be the best oppotunity for Satan to have taken over Gods empty throne as His initial plan?

Who told you His throne was empty.He left His Divinity/His Godly nature in Heaven and came down and took the form of a man,a servant to be precise....Phlippns2:6-8..He even send His Spirit back to Heaven before His death...Luke23:47.
His Divinity is that which makes Him God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Are Dreams And Confirmation Of Spiritual Purity / Today Is Rev Tom Amenkhienan's Birthday! / Why Many Christians Find It Difficult To Be Holy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.