Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Video Game Based On African Culture. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Video Game Based On African Culture. (725 Views)

African Culture Is Dying! / Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. / Western Culture Vs African Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Game Based On African Culture. by Kanoro: 6:59pm On Jan 13, 2013
As a Black American, it saddens me to know so many cool and amazing things about European and Asian culture but barely anything about my own... other than modern wars, poverty, disease, and corruption. I know quite a bit more about African history than most Americans and that's simply because I read books, blogs, etc on my own. We are familiar with European and Asian history via video games and movies. Where are the African ones. Anyway I have thoroughly researched Western Africa. Mostly The Ashante, Benin, Malian, and Oyo kingdoms. I'm asking my long lost family in Africa to help me show the world that we have a history. We were more than just butt-naked hunter-gatherers that danced around fires with stone spears. I want to show them that we had Powerful and highly urbanized kingdoms with fortified cities and palaces guarded by armored cavalry forces who wielded steel swords, bows, crossbows, and just about anything else that could be found in medieval Europe or Asia. My biggest requests from you are pictures of authentic Benin warrior armor and attire (not plaques) and authentic Sub-Saharan sea vessels. Namely Malian ships.
Re: Video Game Based On African Culture. by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2013
THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU AKATAS! ALWAYS CLUBBING AFRICANS TOGETHER!

why would a Benin warrior use a Malian ship and who knows, maybe ride a Soomali camel in the forests of Cameroon and do a Zulu war dance.
Re: Video Game Based On African Culture. by Kanoro: 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU AKATAS! ALWAYS CLUBBING AFRICANS TOGETHER!

why would a Benin warrior use a Malian ship and who knows, maybe ride a Soomali camel in the forests of Cameroon and do a Zulu war dance.

Because it's a video game? Why would a blonde haired, blue eyed white dude be named naruto and live in medieval japan? I know that Africa has many unique cultures.I want the world to see them all.
Re: Video Game Based On African Culture. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2013
I love this idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Start developing ASAP please.
Re: Video Game Based On African Culture. by Kanoro: 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
Flytefalls: I love this idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Start developing ASAP please.

I'm glad you like it smiley. Hopefully others do as well.
Re: Video Game Based On African Culture. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2013
Culture has always been a strong platform to develop games around. But Africa. Wow, that scope is immense. Is this a serious consideration?
Re: Video Game Based On African Culture. by Kanoro: 2:40am On Jan 15, 2013
Flytefalls: Culture has always been a strong platform to develop games around. But Africa. Wow, that scope is immense. Is this a serious consideration?

Yes. In the western world, Africa is like another planet. It is completely unknown except as I said before... the negative things. I wanna show the world what really did exist there and how amazing it was.

(1) (Reply)

Inter-marriage Between Two Nairalanders / Help His Body Streches Him After Bathing. / 7 Misconceptions And Facts On American History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.