Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) (4646 Views)

Flesh Eater, Demonic Prostitute Exposed In Lagos Crusade(pics). / Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience / The Yoruba Names Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by highyo: 8:14pm On Jan 13, 2013
embarassed embarassed crySome of the name we bear most especially among the Yoruba, were given by the kingdom of darkness right from the birth. Look at the Yoruba, some names has being designed and prepared by this demon Ifa. Yoruba believed that, this so call ifa is an archangel of God which is another trick of satan
This ifa has given the yoruba some names they should give to their children when they come out in different forms. Any child that come in this forms, this is the type of name you should give to him or her. And they all agree to this Demon IFA for they believe the supreeme God has spoken trough this Ifa. So whatever the Ifa said is Final
Either you believe me or not, even if you are a born-again and you still continue bearing those names, there is no way out to the ethernal life. Names like
Ogunyinka
Babatunji
Odubanjo
Oyabiyi
Osunleke
Orobode
Taye / Taiwo
Kehinde
Idowu
Iyabo
Alaba
Babatunde
Babajide
Orobode
Yetunde
Yewande
Aina
Oke
Ige
Osunleke
All these type of names are against the book of life, if you do not know the meaning of your name, please trow it away and pick one of the biblical name
Look at taiwo and kehinde, yoruba believe if you do not cook beans for them, the children will die. THAT IS A BIG LIE children doesn’t know beans all they know is breast. Don’t be decieved
Look at Iyabo, Yetunde, Yewande, Babatunde, Babajide, they belive is their grandfather or their grandmother has came back among them.
If their grandfather or mother died in poverty, hat child too will also die in poverty
Don’t you know name has a lot to do in human lives?
Have you forgotten that
Abram was changed to Abraham before God promise came up in his life
Jacob too was changed to Israel
Saul was changed to Paul
Sara was also changed to Sarah
Names has a lot to do with human lives
e.g
look at people bearing ODEyemi etc, ode means hunter and they always put on rag before they eat. So look at those their names start with ODE, they always has poverty in their line
Let He that has ear, listen to what the spirit is telling the church
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by thaoriginator: 8:27pm On Jan 13, 2013
Say what? shocked
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:28pm On Jan 13, 2013
Are you already in heaven or have you gone there before to know the new requirements...G.A.L op

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by omobadan(m): 8:47pm On Jan 13, 2013
Really? Are u serious? U might as well just change ur skin colour to rid yourself of ur race. This is absolutely ridiculous! When are u people gonna separate religion from culture? I tire o!
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by highyo: 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
ULSHERLAN: Are you already in heaven or have you gone there before to know the new requirements...G.A.L op

esu in yoruba means devil.

now tell me how can mr esubiyi name be written in the book of life? holy book
if u bear a demonic name, change it or renounce it now
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 13, 2013
omobadan: Really? Are u serious? U might as well just change ur skin colour to rid yourself of ur race. This is absolutely ridiculous! When are u people gonna separate religion from culture? I tire o!
How can you separate religion from culture?
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2013
Christianity is a slave master religion.

You throw away your culture, your cultural names and your pagan history for what? To have Jewish/Hebrew names like Adam and John like a slave to the white man.

Even the British do not take religion/christianity seriously like we do here in Nigeria.

Mtchew.
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
highyo:

esu in yoruba means devil.

now tell me how can mr esubiyi name be written in the book of life? holy book
if u bear a demonic name, change it or renounce it now
Smh4u dude like logicboy said stop mixing religion with culture they are 2 different things entirely. Its just like mixing oil in milk..they sure will never mix
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by Goshen360(m): 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
@ OP,

There is nothing like NOT entering book of life because I bear certain name(s). Do you know my name or lastname? Okay, to give you a clue, my last name carry something similar to 'ifa' in it and it doesn't bother me and I never asked my parent the meaning of the name because it doesn't matter to my new status in Christ - If any man be IN Christ, he is a NEW creature.
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by vallycan: 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
Imagine dis! Can sumone tell me cud dis b true or for real? Taye/taiwo beans eater or dies,dis a bit funny ooo lols: lipsrsealed
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by highyo: 9:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
Goshen360: @ OP,

There is nothing like NOT entering book of life because I bear certain name(s). Do you know my name or lastname? Okay, to give you a clue, my last name carry something similar to 'ifa' in it and it doesn't bother me and I never asked my parent the meaning of the name because it doesn't matter to my new status in Christ - If any man be IN Christ, he is a NEW creature.

I so much agree with what you said it "doesn't matter to my new status in Christ"
so I do not see any reason why God should change Abram to Abraham, Isach to Isreal, Saul to Paul
or why should God do that, when your name have nothing to do with your status in christ
you may want to say Sarah, Jacob and Abraham are is old testament. What of Paul
There is no need for arguing, let what belong devil be returned and reject, and focus on God and things of Heaven
Pray to God to review the truth to you, Child of God dont Argue, but seek the truth from God
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
highyo:

I so much agree with what you said it "doesn't matter to my new status in Christ"
so I do not see any reason why God should change Abram to Abraham, Isach to Isreal, Saul to Paul
or why should God do that, when your name have nothing to do with your status in christ
There is no need for arguing, let what belong devil be returned and reject, and focus on God and things of Heaven
Pray to God to review the truth to you, Child of God dont Argue, but seek the truth from God

This thread will calm you down;
https://www.nairaland.com/1150005/library-best-40-atheist-arguments
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by Goshen360(m): 10:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
highyo:

Okay, I hear you but does the name changed useful to enter heaven or written in the book of life or useful for this earth? The OP says such name MAY NOT ENTER THE BOOK of LIFE. Is it by names changed that one's name is written in the book of life or by our deeds? I do not wish to argue this but we bear in mind that when we bear the mark of Christ in us AFTER being in Christ, the rest is a function of our mind.
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by kayusbrown(m): 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2013
@OP The names are pointers to the fact that Yoruba people have their religion and tradition before the incursion of foreign religion. In Yoruba tradition, every name must have a meaning! That's very important. I believe you think Christians with those name will not be saved because of the meaning of their names. Now the question is: what is the meaning of names like John, Peter, Mathew, James, Paul e.t.c. that you think people answering such names will enter the kingdom of God?
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by yuzedo: 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2013
@Op: I'm thinking about changing my name to Oloye McLovin'...... What do u think bro? Pls advise. undecided
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 13, 2013
its true that name matters by reason of spirits that back certain names...but i know that name has nothing with eternity and please salvation is for all regardless of tribe or name.I believe that the effects of names apply only on earth and as long as one is alive.
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by Goshen360(m): 11:33pm On Jan 13, 2013
wpope: its true that name matters by reason of spirits that back certain names...but i know that name has nothing with eternity and please salvation is for all regardless of tribe or name.I believe that the effects of names apply only on earth and as long as one is alive.

Eternal blessings be your portion in Jesus name......can I hear you shout AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by tpia5: 11:46pm On Jan 13, 2013
wpope: its true that name matters by reason of spirits that back certain names...but i know that name has nothing with eternity and please salvation is for all regardless of tribe or name.I believe that the effects of names apply only on earth and as long as one is alive.

Most people dont change these names unless they experience some form of attacks directly related to the name.

Sometimes its more about the perception people around you have towards the name, which attracts the particular covenant implied by it.

In general, its up to the individuals involved if they want to keep the name or not.
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by SpicyMimi(f): 11:59pm On Jan 13, 2013
@op i support you! Our names also got major roles in our lives.
Changn my bro name asap!
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by Jhydey192(m): 1:24am On Jan 14, 2013
baseless n useless article. John,peter etc already had dia names b4 salvation n many of dm didn't change.
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by deebrain(m): 8:31am On Jan 14, 2013
Oh highyo! Shall we strike with the sword?cheesy

All good and evil implications of names exist only on earth. Even if u bear the name Lucifer, AND U DIE AS A CHRISTIAN, U WILL BE IN HEAVEN. If u bear the name Jesus (many in mexico bear it) and u are a sinner, u end up in hell.
What in God's graceful name are u saying?angry
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Eternal blessings be your portion in Jesus name......can I hear you shout AMEN!
AMEN ooo and same to you.
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by highyo: 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
You have confess Christ as your lord and savior, but you still promote satan in your life by bearing the name he gave to you
You have to prove to him that you are not more his, and you are throwing away all his materials installed in your life, not throwing away some and holding back some.
You can’t be serving God with satanic personality in your life.
YOU ARE JUST LIKE A CHRISTAIN PUTTING ON SATANIC WEARS LIKE MINISKIRT, RAG JEAN OR A CLOTH WITH SATANIC NAME OR LOGO
My God is holy, be holy as He is holy. Don’t let satan personality reflect in your name.
Reject satan and reject the name he gave to you now, when you still have the chance
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by deebrain(m): 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
highyo: You have confess Christ as your lord and savior, but you still promote satan in your life by bearing the name he gave to you
You have to prove to him that you are not more his, and you are throwing away all his materials installed in your life, not throwing away some and holding back some.
You can’t be serving God with satanic personality in your life.
YOU ARE JUST LIKE A CHRISTAIN PUTTING ON SATANIC WEARS LIKE MINISKIRT, RAG JEAN OR A CLOTH WITH SATANIC NAME OR LOGO
My God is holy, be holy as He is holy. Don’t let satan personality reflect in your name.
Reject satan and reject the name he gave to you now, when you still have the chance

Holy Holy Highyo Please! Names have nothing to do with a persons salvation but a persons destiny on EARTH. Some people may not enter into their destiny UNTIL THERE IS A DIVINE LEADING TO CHANGE THE NAME (as was the case of Jacob). God does not need u to prove to Him-He already loved Jacob (aka yahoo boy) even in the womb!
And if u like bear the name Jesus God, if u are not diligent in pursuing yr destiny on earth, u wont get there irrespective of yr good name.
And its not satan that gave people names. Its ignorant parents that do. Satan only takes advantage of certain names that refer to him EITHER IN GOOD OR BAD LIGHT to manifest in the person's life.
Re: Types Of Yoruba Names That May Not Enter The Book Of Life (demonic Names) by dridowu: 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
Guy, u don high on alomo and osomo

(1) (Reply)

Religious Leader Ask 400 Members To Cut Off Private Parts To Get Close To God / 22 Year Old Man Bursts Into Tears & Questions God On Nigeria Got Talent Show / Nigerian Pastor Who Delivers Women By Sucking Their Breasts [PICS+VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.