Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Picture Of A Man Eating Frog - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Picture Of A Man Eating Frog (34576 Views)

Man Eating Himself To Death (video) / White Man Eating Semovita And Draw Soup In Abuja / How To Make Alligator Roll And Frog Pie(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by aforebby: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
The frog must have egg.....onije kuje..ole
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by folafola(m): 4:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
Toad is poisnous but frog is edible. there is misconception that frog is poisnous and for real it is toad that is poisnous
toad is opolo in yoruba
frog is konko in yoruba. check it well

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by pendo89(f): 4:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
Man resembles the frog. grin
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
No b frog jare... Na Toad and I don eat am before... the thing sweet no b small.... Frog or Toad... whichever I have eaten ^^ Konko ^^ before and wella the thing sweet...

1 Like

Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by JimmyBoy1: 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
Yeap, roasted frog is quite tasty while dried frog is good for efo-riro. It is called Jumping chicken.
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by chreldb(m): 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
Toad skin gets you high!! high!! high!! like ton toad dike
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by naijaobi(m): 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
folafola: Toad is poisnous but frog is edible. there is misconception that frog is poisnous and for real it is toad that is poisnous
toad is opolo in yoruba
frog is konko in yoruba. check it well
oga, it is frog that is poisinous and not toad..check ur facts well...
In Igbo, toad is called mbala while frog is awo
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by thaoriginator: 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
Someone asking if it's photoshop, no, na photo-office Na everytin dem dey photoshop? By the way, I CAN'T eat that sh!t!
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by Jayuba(m): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
I eat frog. Infact, i have never regreted eating frog. I enjoy it so much. I also enjoy going to hunt for it very early during the wet season.
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by omiobo: 4:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
Una dey miss,I like eating frog with correct vegetable. Frog is different from toad.
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by Truckpusher(m): 4:48pm On Jan 14, 2013
About three species of frogs are edible and has lots of special protein which is rare in other animals or birds.A trial will convince you grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by richylaw(m): 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
naijaobi:
oga, it is frog that is poisinous and not toad..check ur facts well...
In Igbo, toad is called mbala while frog is awo

Just like others have commented. The edible one is the frog while the non-edible is the toad.
Frog in Yoruba is called 'Konko' or 'akere' while toad is 'opolo'...

Singing away... 'konko b'omi s'eja l'enu/3x
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by ucheheart(m): 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
Not in my wildest dreams.
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by FelixL(m): 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
Okija_juju:

Poisonous tree frog...

Toad

Edible frog..

[img]http://1.bp..com/-5RnP3sao8YU/T2JUTrqWGTI/AAAAAAAADeE/I1KwXNCiBqQ/s1600/frogvstoad.jpg[/img]
nice pictures - i like amphians. Except the first one, a middle-american tree-frog I guess, they are our german ones.

We got only a few species. On pictures are the green waterfrog, the treefrog and the common toad. No, we dont eat them. French do - we call them frogguzzlers.
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by ghettodreamz(m): 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
Omo dat edible frog sweet die ..... Nkon kon, most especially with ata din din plus white rice. Yepa! Mama Mia! Yummy!!! gringringringringringringringrin
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
It is very nice with Ijebu Garri on a hot afternoon.
But it is not as sweet as roasted Cockroaches,cooked Lizards and fried Bed Bugs.
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by tonte23(m): 5:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
disgusting

Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by walexy1(m): 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
Onijekuje ni gbogbo yin. Lol, u'r all eating Bufo regularis. But sincerely I have heard people say ''hmm delicious'', '' excellente'' and all sort of qualifying adjectives. But my warning is "DO NOT EAT D POISONOUS ONES or else....................." My warning o, mo ti so te mi oooooooooooo
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by Fidtad: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
it is toad n not frog.
if u eat frog u are on ur own.
irritating.
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by pword: 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
thats a very nice meat if u dont know,it is very tasty especially when it is well dried.
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by Hadesewa: 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
Very tasty meat.This one is called frog n nt toad.Toad is poisonous while frog isn't
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by pword: 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
Fidtad: it is toad n not frog.
if u eat frog u are on ur own.
irritating.

frog is edible not toad,no living thing eat toad except snake,or if u do u will see the result
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by Lachynos2k2(m): 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr tufiaaaaaaaa.....
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by scorpiogal(f): 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
Oky nw am gettin confused... Wich is edible? Toad or frog? U guys shud mak up ur mind alredi... sad
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by Rubyrose: 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
It's called mbara

cigar icon:
Kai guy no kill ne with laf abeg

The problem is that ppl don't know the difference betweem a frog and a toad

•TOAD• Those brownish ones with black spots on their back. Its called 'awor' in igbo. These ones are not edible

•FROG• Those with webbed limbs, greenish or light brownish or yellow in colour that jump far distance than the TOAD. -'m not certain of what it is called in igbo but I know of the Black one called 'akiri'
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by Groundzero1: 7:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
samtheman: Eating frogie is a good meal especially when it is cooked wit fresh vegitable and amala. soooooo sweet
Stop deceiving yourself. That guy was under duress either of his life or domain else. Look the guy eyeballs
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by Spartakos: 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
;DTry a serving of deep fried termites and cockroaches.
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by BabaEto1: 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hycon Bc: Frog as in 'konko'? Even i dey eat am as I'm typing

Uhmmmmm, Chairman it seems you are from my area because "Konko" is the name that the edible "frog" or "toad" (I don't know the difference btw d 2) called in my area. People eat it a lot though I don't like it because of the psychology that I have that its not different from "opolo" frog that we see around. I think the edible ones are found in the stream.
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by dulphines: 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
Must man eat all that he are saw? With all the grasscutter and antelope, why must one chopulate mbala (frog)? Odikwam egwu o!
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by warrior101: 12:12am On Jan 15, 2013
I have had it more than 10x when i was in secondary school. it's delicious...
Re: Picture Of A Man Eating Frog by Iffffffy(f): 4:23am On Jan 15, 2013
Very sweet, especially d fried ones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! / Eat Or Pass? / What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.