Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? (34528 Views)

Which Food Can #1,000 Cook That Will Last For 3days? / What Food Can You Eat Everyday And Not Get Tired? / Instead Of Doing Yahoo, I Ventured Into Pap Making Business, At Age 19. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:06am On Oct 30, 2022
Hi, with the growing price of rice, things don't seem to be cheap and eating rice would take much from one's earnings.

The unfortunate flood stories on frontpage and also increase in price of rice is worrisome, but man must survive.

I remember the time I used to buy spaghetti and hardly use rice. But one thing led to the other and the price of spaghetti increased and I was forced to look for alternative, and had to resort to rice because it was cheaper then.

Now same rice is increasing in price, what food would you suggest should be used to replace rice based on cost.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by Omihanifa: 9:08am On Oct 30, 2022
The truth is that there no alternative. Except you want to be eating sweet potatoes

352 Likes 21 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by Cutehector(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2022
Marcaroni

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by Redomi(m): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2022
Fufu N150, ponmo N100

93 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:01am On Oct 30, 2022
Omihanifa:
The truth is that there no alternative. Except you want to be eating sweet potatoes
the reality is hitting hard.

If sweet potatoes is cheaper and would ''hold body,'' then one should start looking into it

164 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2022
Cutehector:
Marcaroni
isn't it expensive like spaghetti

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2022
Redomi:
Fufu N150, ponmo N100

This one is a good idea. Man must chop o

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by Mom007(f): 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
Sweet potatoe is in season now... Stock up and enjoy!

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by lovediehatelive(m): 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
Mom007:
okays. more suggestions are welcome

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by mariahAngel(f): 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2022
If I suggest beans now, some might say your own is too much. Every time, beans. but yeah. Beans.

202 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by shantti(m): 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2022
lovediehatelive:
the reality is hitting hard.

If sweet potatoes is cheaper and would ''hold body,'' then one should start looking into it

The problem is that it doesn't last. It spoils quickly

163 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by shantti(m): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2022
Mom007:

How can u prevent it from spoiling quickly

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by shantti(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
mariahAngel:
If I suggest beans now, some might say your own is too much. Every time, beans. but yeah. Beans.

Gas go dey finish quick nah.

139 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by mariahAngel(f): 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2022
shantti:

Gas go dey finish quick nah.

The one wey we dey buy normally, no dey tay done. (Big white or big brown)
Also, if you have an electric jug, you can quickly boil some water to cook the beans with, to save you time and gas.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by lovediehatelive(m): 6:50am On Oct 31, 2022
mariahAngel:
beans follow o.

No mind them.

Anything unusual apart from beans?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by lovediehatelive(m): 6:51am On Oct 31, 2022
shantti:

The problem is that it doesn't last. It spoils quickly
like how long, what's the shelf life
Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by shantti(m): 7:08am On Oct 31, 2022
lovediehatelive:
like how long, what's the shelf life

5 days

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by lovediehatelive(m): 10:20am On Oct 31, 2022
shantti:

5 days

It's too short
Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:24am On Oct 31, 2022
mariahAngel:

Beans is one of my favourite. I can eat it morning, afternoon and night but the price is gone up as well.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by CyberHustle: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2022
Omihanifa:
Funny but true talk.

I suggest poster plants rice or become a mini processor.

2 Likes

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by CyberHustle: 10:31am On Oct 31, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Beans is one of my favourite. I can eat it morning, afternoon and night but the price is go up as well.
Beans is equally up in price. No escape route when it comes to food. We eat 2 3 times a day.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by shantti(m): 10:46am On Oct 31, 2022
lovediehatelive:

It's too short

That's d problem, if not, i for dey buy am in bulk
Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by mariahAngel(f): 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Beans is one of my favourite. I can eat it morning, afternoon and night but the price is gone up as well.

It went up before, then came down.
Has it gone up again? Na wah o!

Reminds me of that poem I go up, up I go.
Am I to go up?
cheesy
Me: Uncle beans, shey you want to go up, abi you want to come down? Abeg decide.
At least, Aunty rice went up and decided to stay there like a kite out of strings. cheesy

Nne, happy new week.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by NoToPile: 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2022
mariahAngel:

Am I to go up?
cheesy

Me: Uncle beans, shey you want to go up, abi you want to come down? Abeg decide.
At least, Aunty rice went up and decided to stayed there like a kite without strings. cheesy

Nne, happy new week.

The queen primer

I am
Is he to go up?
He is

grin grin grin

Everything has gone up, spag is a bit cheaper than rice now I think, crown is 380 naira carton price.

You too like beans.....

and plantain.

Yeah I said it. grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by mariahAngel(f): 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
NoToPile:

The queen primer

I am
Is he to go up?
He is

grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahaha

Everything has gone up, spag is a bit cheaper than rice now I think, crown is 380 naira carton price.

Apart from golden penny, I don't really trust any other Nigerian brand.
I've not tried the crown brand before.
I might give it a try though.
Spaghetti used to be a cheap alternative o, till it went up like the rest.

You too like beans.....

and plantain.

Yeah I said it. grin grin

To tell you the truth, I'm not that much of a beans fan o, except it's ewa aganyin, or when paired with rice or plantain. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by gloryhomemaker(f): 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2022
mariahAngel:

Am I to go up?
cheesy
At least, Aunty rice went up and decided to stayed there like a kite without strings. cheesy

Nne, happy new week.

Happy new week nne.

Uncle beans is 2,500 for paint bucket now oooo

Everything is doing like that poem now ' I go up, I go up'

The food scarcity is hitting the whole world now but God is greater than all those advocating for the food shortage course.

We go dey chop grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by NoToPile: 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahaha

Apart from golden penny, I don't really trust any other Nigerian brand.
I've not tried the crown brand before.
I might give it a try though.
Spaghetti used to be a cheap alternative o, till it went up like the rest.

To tell you the truth, I'm not that much of a beans fan o, except it's ewa aganyin, or when paired with rice or plantain. cheesy

Trust me crown is far far better than golden penny,

I was a golden penny addict, mid this year a friend told me to try it and I did, it was fantastic then I bought golden penny last time Chai, the thing has reduced in size , e no dey swell again angry, I cooked more quantity than I would normally.

I quickly bought crown back this past week. I dunno why golden penny reduced their quality.

Just try it. You will testify wink

Hmm okay ooo anyway the bolded is why I call you the plantain lady, you too like dodo abeg. cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by mariahAngel(f): 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2022
NoToPile:

Trust me crown is far far better than golden penny,

I was a golden penny addict, mid this year a friend told me to try it and I did, it was fantastic then I bought golden penny last time Chai, the thing has reduced in size , e no dey swell again angry, I cooked more quantity than I would normally.

I think it's that they introduced a smaller pack into the market, and not that they reduced the regular pack. (I think I once saw the ad)
The price is what I'm not sure of.

I quickly bought crown back this past week. I dunno why golden penny reduced their quality.

Just try it. You will testify wink

Then, I'm definitely going to try it.
I kuku like trying new products. cheesy

Hmm okay ooo anyway the bolded is why I call you the plantain lady, you too like dodo abeg. cheesy

Hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by NoToPile: 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2022
mariahAngel:

I think it's that they introduced a smaller pack into the market, and not that they reduced the regular pack. (I think I once saw the ad)
The price is what I'm not sure of.

Then, I'm definitely going to try it.
I kuku like trying new products. cheesy

Hahahahahaha

Not the smaller pack oo, their regular pack, it's now lesser.

Oya don't forget to give a review when you do

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by mariahAngel(f): 12:36pm On Nov 01, 2022
NoToPile:

Not the smaller pack oo, their regular pack, it's now lesser.

Oya don't forget to give a review when you do

I won't. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Cheaper Food Can I Buy Instead Of Rice? by RepoMan007: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2022
Try cassava flour, garri, or sweet potatoes as someone suggested or even rice processing as equally suggested. Buy the cheap unprocessed one and do the processing to save cost.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Picture Of A Man Eating Frog / The Difference In Taste Between Chicken & Turkey? / Eat Or Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.