Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! (34573 Views)

Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians / Fresh Eggs Now For Sale @cheaper Price / See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by yvelchstores(f): 7:15am On Nov 02, 2017
Good morning. I had to remember my nairaland password by force this morning cos this needed to be posted!
So, I went to the market on Monday to shop for household items and amongst them, I got my crate of eggs. On Tuesday, I used some to bake a cake as that's what my daughter prefers as snacks. I noticed my cake didn't quite feel and taste as usual but I didn't suspect the eggs until last night.

So I took an egg, boiled it and behold, that was when I realised, what I have been seeing on YouTube was in my kitchen. I was shocked and upset. I know its the handwork of all these Chinese people in abuja, building hidden factories everywhere
.dear Nigerians, we can't keep quiet. We can't let them come in to our country and rape it! If you are reading this and you belong to any organisation that can do something, please, for the sake of the health of innocent children, please raise dust on this matter.

Long story cut short, I will like to clearly tell us how to identify these evil eggs.

1) the eggs in the crate are suspiciously of similar size
2) when you break it, it is too perfect, like, even when I was breaking it into my cake batter, it will hit the batter and the yoke will still be intact.

The yoke is so intact, you can pick it up severally and even play with it on your palms
I will include pictures I took last night.

3) when boiled, it just doesn't feel right. With regular egg,you can mash the yoke with your thumb, between your fingers, with this, its like ,how can I describe this. Its like plastic, it comes apart in big crumbs.

4) I saw in a video, that when you fry it, the yoke disappears and you have just white
Well they have improved on their evil work, now when you break the egg into a frying pan, the yoke will just go and sit in a corner till the heat melts whatever they used to sac it in.

5) the shell. You can literally peal away all the coating from inside the shell, please I don't know what its called, the inner of the shell, a transparent film like coating, that one. The fake egg has it too but you can literally peal it off and when you do ,put it on your open fire, you will be shocked, it melts like nylon bag.

I will go back to the seller and ask for the contact of the supplier. To be fair on her, I have been buying eggs from that shop for years and when I wanted to buy these, she complained that eggs are scarce and that they just managed to get that batch
I don't think she knew tho that they are factory produced eggs. I will find out

Pls @lalasticlala lalasticlala, kindly push this cos I want maximum awareness. I will go to IG as well. These factories should be hunted down and burnt to the ground. If they are importing it ,customs should be effective for the sake of our children.

I have to dispose my cake and it sucks

19 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Tension532: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2017
them no feed the chickens well buh yhur post is useless sha

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 02, 2017
Wow,

Fake eggs again?

Wetin remain original for Nigeria?

Seun I hope lalasticlala won't buy this type of egg for office use?

9 Likes

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by daomi(m): 7:38am On Nov 02, 2017
Guess it had to do with the hen diet

10 Likes

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by dyadeleye(m): 7:38am On Nov 02, 2017
The chickens are saving their eggs cos Christmas is here already.
It's called improvising bruh..

Una go learn

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Kowor(f): 7:40am On Nov 02, 2017
I thought I was the only one, the type I bought was notjustok.com when I try to boil it, it doesn't take a minute before it breaks and the pot gets messed up. God help us all.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by sinaj(f): 7:42am On Nov 02, 2017
could it be that you bought spoilt eggs?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by UjuJoan2: 7:47am On Nov 02, 2017
yvelchstores:
Good morning. I had to remember my nairaland password by force this morning cos this needed to be posted!
So, I went to the market on Monday to shop for household items and amongst them, I got my crate of eggs. On Tuesday, I used some to bake a cake as that's what my daughter prefers as snacks. I noticed my cake didn't quite feel and taste as usual but I didn't suspect the eggs until last night.

So I took an egg, boiled it and behold, that was when I realised, what I have been seeing on YouTube was in my kitchen. I was shocked and upset. I know its the handwork of all these Chinese people in abuja, building hidden factories everywhere
.dear Nigerians, we can't keep quiet. We can't let them come in to our country and rape it! If you are reading this and you belong to any organisation that can do something, please, for the sake of the health of innocent children, please raise dust on this matter.

Long story cut short, I will like to clearly tell us how to identify these evil eggs.

1) the eggs in the crate are suspiciously of similar size
2) when you break it, it is too perfect, like, even when I was breaking it into my cake batter, it will hit the batter and the yoke will still be intact.

The yoke is so intact, you can pick it up severally and even play with it on your palms
I will include pictures I took last night.

3) when boiled, it just doesn't feel right. With regular egg,you can mash the yoke with your thumb, between your fingers, with this, its like ,how can I describe this. Its like plastic, it comes apart in big crumbs.

4) I saw in a video, that when you fry it, the yoke disappears and you have just white
Well they have improved on their evil work, now when you break the egg into a frying pan, the yoke will just go and sit in a corner till the heat melts whatever they used to sac it in.

5) the shell. You can literally peal away all the coating from inside the shell, please I don't know what its called, the inner of the shell, a transparent film like coating, that one. The fake egg has it too but you can literally peal it off and when you do ,put it on your open fire, you will be shocked, it melts like nylon bag.

I will go back to the seller and ask for the contact of the supplier. To be fair on her, I have been buying eggs from that shop for years and when I wanted to buy these, she complained that eggs are scarce and that they just managed to get that batch
I don't think she knew tho that they are factory produced eggs. I will find out

Pls @lalasticlala lalasticlala, kindly push this cos I want maximum awareness. I will go to IG as well. These factories should be hunted down and burnt to the ground. If they are importing it ,customs should be effective for the sake of our children.

I have to dispose my cake and it sucks

This is appalling. . . Wickedness in high places. I think you need to start with the seller, obviously she knew about it. I bet she bought the eggs at a cheaper wholesale rate and sold it at the normal retail rate to make more profit.

We are the cause of our problems here in Nigeria, everybody wants to get rich overnight. Too too bad!

I think you should report the seller to SON. Let her say where she got the eggs from. Nawa!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by ipobarecriminals: 8:02am On Nov 02, 2017
undecided nonsense. U go buy malnutrition, poverty stricken 4 for 50 naira eggs Com tag it FAKE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by temmytopsy1(f): 8:12am On Nov 02, 2017
everything in nigeria has a fake version, we even have fake people

6 Likes

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by yvelchstores(f): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2017
Tension532:
them no feed the chickens well
buh yhur post is useless sha

You think the world revolves around your locality. Google and see that this is predominant in Asia. They have come here with it. Educate yourself and stop looking ignorant.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by yvelchstores(f): 8:18am On Nov 02, 2017
This is the way it looks. For those saying they didn't feed the chickens well, you can see the egg looks super healthy, it gives the look of a very very fresh and healthy egg.I did a video. Will probably post it on IG. Bless u

9 Likes

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by yvelchstores(f): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
undecided nonsense. U go buy malnutrition, poverty stricken 4 for 50 naira eggs Com tag it FAKE.
u will not silently wallow in ignorance,u want to take others with you. I bought it 1kobo.

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by hatchy(f): 8:21am On Nov 02, 2017
The egg is as fake as Buhari. The dunce was manufactured and packaged for us by Tinubu(China) and Nigeria have never remained same ever since.

Let us get ride of this fake egg (Buhari) by 2019 for a better Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by yvelchstores(f): 8:24am On Nov 02, 2017
UjuJoan2:

This is appalling. . . Wickedness in high places. I think you need to start with the seller, obviously she knew about it. I bet she bought the eggs at a cheaper wholesale rate and sold it at the normal retail rate to make more profit.

We are the cause of our problems here in Nigeria, everybody wants to get rich overnight. Too too bad!

I think you should report the seller to SON. Let her say where she got the eggs from. Nawa!
I intend going to the police station with the rest. I will kindly ask her for the supplier's contact, if she doesn't provide it, she will have to take the fall. I will try my best and hope others reading reports it.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by jashar(f): 8:28am On Nov 02, 2017
This discovery is heart wrenching...

Chim ooo....
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by UjuJoan2: 9:31am On Nov 02, 2017
yvelchstores:
I intend going to the police station with the rest. I will kindly ask her for the supplier's contact, if she doesn't provide it, she will have to take the fall. I will try my best and hope others reading reports it.

Good one . . . welldone!

We need more people like you in this country.

16 Likes

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by UjuJoan2: 9:31am On Nov 02, 2017
ipobarecriminals:

You must be insane! undecided

14 Likes

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by kay29000(m): 9:50am On Nov 02, 2017
Fake egg ke. Egg is too cheap for people to invest money into making fake of it. It is probably egg from a rare breed of chicken or something.

7 Likes

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by nairavsdollars(f): 9:51am On Nov 02, 2017
I will swear for anybody who blames Buhari for this
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by lonelydora: 9:51am On Nov 02, 2017
Nigeria shaa
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 02, 2017
The sad thing is almost everyone sells eggs these days.

The egg looks like that egg soap they sell in cosmetic shops.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 02, 2017
grin
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by NotNairalandi(m): 9:53am On Nov 02, 2017
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by slawomir: 9:53am On Nov 02, 2017
ok
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Lomprico2: 9:54am On Nov 02, 2017
Tension532:
them no feed the chickens well
buh yhur post is useless sha

No mind am

2 Likes

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by bettercreature(m): 9:54am On Nov 02, 2017
Kowor:
I thought I was the only one, the type I bought was notjustok.com when I try to boil it, it doesn't take a minute before it breaks and the pot gets messed up. God help us all.
You need help,it happens sometimes it doesn't make it fake you need to learn how to boil eggs you are not a good cook

3 Likes

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by AnonymousIP: 9:55am On Nov 02, 2017
You Don't Know How to Boil Egg and You are .......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by MorataFC: 9:56am On Nov 02, 2017
grin
Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by Pidginwhisper: 9:56am On Nov 02, 2017
Wetin be Fake egg again..dem no feed chicken well or the egg no good. Nothing like fake egg angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! by flimzy24: 9:57am On Nov 02, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
poor useless illiterate.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalander Eats Gbegiri soup and Amala For The First Time / Woman Sells Rat Meat By Roadside. Would You Buy? (Photos) / Europe-Based Nigerian Vlogger Laments Over Hike In Price Of Goat Meat This Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.