Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Has God Left Africa? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has God Left Africa? (1293 Views)

What Has God Done For You? / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans?? / I Slept With My Neighbour's Wife. Has God Forgiven Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has God Left Africa? by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 28, 2008
Daily I see Injustice,pain and suffering in our continent,and even though we call on God all the time he seems absent,however the western world with all its atheism,Homosexualism and its ills seems to be having the better deal.
My question is , "Does God really exist here?"

I like stirring the waters,this question does not make me an atheist, but just a person who wants to make sense of it all.
Re: Has God Left Africa? by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 28, 2008
Consider this ->

1) The war-mongering of the Romans was used by God to achieve Christ's mission.
2) The destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in AD 70 helped the spread of Christianity to the entire world.
3) The hatred of Christ by the Jews was used by God to achieve Christ's mission.
4) The terrible wars of the last 100 years has helpled the entire world to be sensitive about human rights and social justice.

Don't be so gloomy. From the ashes of disaster come the roses of success. The evil in mankind cannot ultimately thwart the purposes of God. The fact that God withstands our numerous evils is proof of His great strength.
Re: Has God Left Africa? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2008
Thnx for your prompt reply, u said christ's mission.
Its been 2000 years now, has that misson been achieved?
The world wars,Aushwitz,Rwanda,Sudan, there is  still no peace on earth.
Why do babies die of aids,why do good people get bad rewards.Why do the cruel and rich lord over the humble and meek.

Do we need to seek God to feel a vacumm or just plain scared of knowing that if there was no God,we would all be accountable for wha befalls us,and that morality is just a set of rules to suppress the desires of a person, so many questions,so little answers. sad
Re: Has God Left Africa? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2008
ehie:

Thnx for your prompt reply, u said chris's mission[b].2000 years now has that misson been achieved.[/b]The world wars,Auswitz,Rwanda,Sudan, there is no peace on earth.
Why do babies die of aids,why do good people get bad rewards.Why do the cruel and rich lord over the humble and meek.
Do we need to seek God to feel a vacumm or just plain scared of knowing that if there was no God,we would all be accountable for wha befalls us,and that morality is just a set of rules to suppress the desires of a person, so many questions,so little answers

Try to imagine the world WITHOUT the message of Christ. Then you will appreciate His mission.

The main mistake is that we think that man is born to be happy in this world.  But then, if man was born to be happy in this world, he will NOT be born to die!!!!

Christ is the greatest revelation of the invisible God. How does he appear -> as the Suffering Servant! 

He identifies himself with the poor, the sick, the hungry, the prisoners. God is on our side on this issue of suffering, He suffers with us.

-----
BTW, the western world has tried hard to eliminate suffering from their midst. They have been very unsuccessful.

1 Like

Re: Has God Left Africa? by cgift(m): 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2008
You wanna know if God has left Africa?

The truth is this: Africa (God's children) are the ones that have left the God of the Bible. it is only when they discover this that you shall see a revolution of the spirit, technology and life.
Re: Has God Left Africa? by ow11(m): 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2008
cgift:

You want to know if God has left Africa?

The truth is this: Africa (God's children) are the ones that have left the God of the Bible. it is only when they discover this that you shall see a revolution of the spirit, technology and life.

I disagree!!!!
Re: Has God Left Africa? by Backslider(m): 5:54pm On Mar 02, 2008
On the contrary God is in Africa.

Those material preachers and Hip hop artist you call Pastors cant discern the end times.

God entered Africa in the first century of christianity but the "high places" were not destroyed. Is'lam came and troubled Him because the people were holding unto fake gods Ra and co.

He gave them to a more unified demonic religion called Is'lam Some reminant ( Christians ) of His power are still in Egypt and Ethiopia.

Some of this Christians Live a life that you would be amazed. They are poor by standard and yet rich is holiness and righteousness.
Re: Has God Left Africa? by JayFK(m): 7:05pm On Mar 02, 2008
uhh, maybe he doesn't exist in the first place?
Re: Has God Left Africa? by JayFK(m): 7:25pm On Mar 02, 2008
On a more serious note though, the number 1 problem in Africa is tribalism, if you think I'm joking check out the culture boards and child boards. If we can get past that, which is highly unlikely, then Africa would be a much better place, I dont see us getting past that for at least 40/50 years though unfortunately.

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Condemns Gay Son’s Church / Hussain Andarya Ex-Mujaheddin ( Afghanistan ) now Christian Broadcaster / A 12years Old Boy Recites Psalm119(176 verses) Off Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.