Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins (25820 Views)

Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by greatgod2012(f): 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hheeeeehheeeh........
Nigeria pastors........i hail o
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Youngzedd(m): 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

shocked shocked shocked shocked you talk like that against the man of God? God eyes are on you now...

Who is man of God, Chris or Okotie?

Hell fire will soon full.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by badassnigga(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
is okotie high?
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
Logicboy03: [size=14pt]If you are doubting Christianity then you should read this[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1150005/library-best-40-atheist-arguments#13662123
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by FEMIMACRO(m): 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
[quote author=991]and my patriotic moronigerians will always sit quietly waiting for someone to tell them what is wrong or not,
waiting for someone to read out chapters and verses of the same bible they have at home,
waiting for someone to tell them what god said and what he did not,
Let me ask you....Why does God talk to your pastor but doesn't talk to you??
Lemme Complete This......
Are U A LEARNER IN HEARING GOD tongue[quote author=991]and my patriotic moronigerians will always sit quietly waiting for someone to tell them what is wrong or not,
waiting for someone to read out chapters and verses of the same bible they have at home,
Lemme Complete This......
Are U A LEARNER IN HEARING GOD
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by tripplea27(m): 8:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
Im sick and tired of all dis, lord, let thy kingdom come. We are at the end of the world brethren beware
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by FEMIMACRO(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
THE SCRIPTURES. CANNOT BE BROKEN--->.Many don't understand d meaning of that word Christ Spoke.
Its so amazing how people condemn Old Testament when watever they want is in New testament...and they turn around to condemn New Testament, carry quote Old Testament when dem wan collect tithe... lol ...I tire oooo....

3 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Georgeorge20: 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
this man is he second in command of God?but I know that he's awaiting Nigeria president
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
tripplea27: Im sick and tired of all dis, lord, let thy kingdom come. We are at the end of the world brethren beware
the world is not ending any time soon...so dont quite ur job...
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
bad_ass_nigga: is okotie high?
hes high with the holly spirit...dont let thunder dismiss you...
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by tayeola24yahoo: 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

shocked shocked shocked shocked you talk like that against the man of God? God eyes are on you now...
your man of God needs deliverance,I advice you to go and tell him to go meet senior prophet T.B Joshua to deliver him.cos he need to deliverd.he is among pastor dat castigated senior prophet Tb Joshua,and he married with three grown up children dat graduated.place inform him.cos he does nott ve his mind anymore.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by gabriel212: 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

chalay..this is old testament...christian are not under the old test....thats for the jews....jesus came with the news test.....find a verse in the new please
I UNDERSTAND UR TYPE!
IF CHRISTAINS AR NO MORE UNDER THE OLD TESTAMENT, WHERE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT DID ''TITHE'' PAYMENT SPECIFIED
U ar an HYPOCRITE if u fail to point it out!!!
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by deebrain(m): 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2013
991: and my patriotic moronigerians will always sit quietly waiting for someone to tell them what is wrong or not,

Powerful.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by wolebaba(m): 9:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
What is wrong with you people? DAMN!!!! Are U guys kidding me?
So of all the critical issues wey dey on ground to take religion solve, na ordinary Tatoo una dey shout about...........so if I have tatoo and decide to convert to xtianity una still no go accept me?

1 Like

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by morewealth(m): 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

chalay..this is old testament...christian are not under the old test....thats for the jews....jesus came with the news test.....find a verse in the new please
It is old testament but it doesn't make it irrelevant. Jesus said i have not come to abolish the laws but to fufil them. As a matter of fact Jesus in His time observed all the old testament laws to the fullest.
Remember when God sent moses to pharoah he said tell him that "I am" has sent you. He didnt say "I was" or "I will be". Nothing about God changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Its ridiculous these days to hear people interpreting the bible to suit their claims. Do you know that the tithing they preach in churches these days is an old testament law? And if it is does that make it not acceptable in our practice of christianity today?
In a nutshell what am trying to tell you is that nothing in the old testament should be discredited because of the new testament. The new testament is a fufilment of the old testament and the laws given by God in the old testament remains because God never change.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
gabriel212:
I UNDERSTAND UR TYPE!
IF CHRISTAINS AR NO MORE UNDER THE OLD TESTAMENT, WHERE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT DID ''TITHE'' PAYMENT SPECIFIED
U ar an HYPOCRITE if u fail to point it out!!!

the only thing that needs to be pointed out, is ur lack of in-depth understanding of the 'holly bible' chalay...
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by thorpido(m): 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
'All things are lawful but not all things are expedient'.
The tattooing that God condemned in the old testament was done as idolatory,initiation into a cult or some form of mark signifying membership.
Except tattoo today is done as some form of initiation,idolatory or membership of a cult,then it does not constitute sin.
However tattoos are for babies in the things of God.The matured in spiritual things don't touch it.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
morewealth:
It is old testament but it doesn't make it irrelevant. Jesus said i have not come to abolish the laws but to fufil them. As a matter of fact Jesus in His time observed all the old testament laws to the fullest.
Remember when God sent moses to pharoah he said tell him that "I am" has sent you. He didnt say "I was" or "I will be". Nothing about God changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Its ridiculous these days to hear people interpreting the bible to suit their claims. Do you know that the tithing they preach in churches these days is an old testament law? And if it is does that make it not acceptable in our practice of christianity today?
In a nutshell what am trying to tell you is that nothing in the old testament should be discredited because of the new testament. The new testament is a fufilment of the old testament and the laws given by God in the old testament remains because God never change.

dear morewealth

for of all, let me say that i appreciate you taking the time to write a some what well-written and well-composed reply to my comment. But, i must ask you this quest. since the Old testament is still relevant for today Christians, so should do verse be enforced? "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by ayobase(m): 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
991: and my patriotic moronigerians will always sit quietly waiting for someone to tell them what is wrong or not,

He didn't say God said.
Just his opinion, and how he could intellectually interpret the Bible!

I wouldn't blame him, but those that can't differentiate right from wrong without being......

1 Like

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by siaindeed: 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
charlsecy4:

Please read this:

SHOULD I GET A TATTOO?

My personal view on tattoos

Unfortunately, my view on tattoos may be called irrational. I just don't like it; in fact, I hate it. I just grow up to find I don't fancy it...... for no reason. And that's why I said my views may be termed irrational, because my hatred for tattoos has no basis.

But then, my personal view on tattoos shouldn't count, so let's continue.

Tattoos

Should I define what a tattoo means? I am tempted not to. However, for the sake of organisation, let me do so. A tattoo is a permanent picture, design, or other marking made on the skin by pricking it and staining it with an indelible dye. When I talk of tattoos, I mean permanent ones.

Tattoos: right or wrong?

LEVITICUS 19:28: "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you. I am Yahweh [Jehovah]." The above Biblical verse gives the impression that GOD outrightly condemns tattooing.

I have read many write-ups on tattoos. I came to discover that at the time GOD handed this command to the people of Israel through Prophet Moses, Israel's neighbours were pagans. These pagan neighbours marked themselves with tattoos and engaged in physical, religiously-motivated superstitious practices. THEY DID THESE MARKINGS ON THEIR BODY IN HONOUR OF THE OBJECT OF THEIR WORSHIP.... IN HONOUR OF DIFFERENT IDOLS. So, it's most likely that GOD commanded His people not to be involved with tattooing to avoid the risk of adopting such marks in honour of some idols, to avoid imitating the pagan worship practices that included the cutting and the tattooing of the body; and they were wisely forbidden.

Are modern-day tattoos pagan-associated?

One may argue that in the Old Testament, people did tattoos as part of a pagan practice, and devotion to an idol, but most modern-day tattoo-bearers do so for the sake of fashion, not because they are dedicated to a deity, and that Christians are no longer under the commands of the Old Covenant, so if a Christian wants to get a tattoo, then they should be allowed to.

That tattoos are no longer connected to pagan customs is not necessarily the case, because the receiving of a tattoo is still primarily a sub-cultural practice. The main groups of individuals I see tattoos on are those people who are outside the norms of our society. It is the bikers, the criminal gang element, the rock and roll culture, the gothic culture and other groups that act in rebellion toward the mainstream of society that generally have tattoos. If a Christian wants to get a tattoo, they need to take this into consideration and determine if, whether or not, they want to be associated with these various worldly groups whose world-view promotes rebellious attitudes. I do believe a Christian should exercise wisdom when they consider getting tattoos.

Should I put on a tattoo?

Like I said earlier, I have read many articles on the morality of tattoos. It is a well-debated issue in the Christian community, and there are differing opinions as to whether a tattoo is sinful or not. As a Christian, decisions need to be made with your eyes on God. So, if you do choose to get a tattoo, remember that, while man looks at the outside appearance, God looks at the heart.

Personally, I think the scripture does not explicitly ban fashion-related tattoos, or let me say the scripture is silent on the matter, but it does bring up the question as to why a person wants to get a tattoo and which tattoos to get. As with some sin it is not the act but the intent that matters.

Before you get a tattoo, critically consider these:

The question that remains is the “Why?” If you think a tattoo will score you dates because it’ll make you look cool – I would caution you to think about why you feel this need to “be cool.” What is the primary purpose you decided to get a tattoo? Is it to draw attention? A Christian should question whether or not such a practice is for the express purpose of drawing attention to themselves. Does it truly honour the Lord? Or will it negatively affect the body of Christ? Will I cause a weaker brother to stumble if I receive a tattoo? Is my decision based on faith and will the result be glorifying to God? Would this particular act needlessly offend my family, friends, neighbours, and colleagues, and thus hinder my ability to lead others to Christ and His Church?

Tattooing is often done by young and impetuous folks who want to be trendy, and thus they do not think of the consequences of putting a permanent mark on their body. When they "grow up" and desire to become serious about life, a family and a real job, having tattoos all over their bodies tends to be a distraction for them. They are people who got a tattoo when they were young unbelievers and now they regret it something terrible. All Christians need to ponder carefully if whether a tattoo is something they are willing to live with the rest of their life, before they get one. Fashions change, so one day tattoos will be out of style. How long do tattoos remain on the skin?. JEREMIAH 31:19 — "SURELY, AFTER MY TURNING, I REPENTED; AND AFTER I WAS INSTRUCTED, I STRUCK MYSELF ON THE THIGH; I WAS ASHAMED, YES, EVEN HUMILIATED, BECAUSE I BORE THE REPROACH OF MY YOUTH."

If the act of getting tattoo is rebellion against parents, authority, etc. – then it is a sin. For instance, if your parents tell you not to get a tattoo and you do it to spite them, then getting a tattoo is sinful, because God’s commandment calls for you to “HONOUR YOUR FATHER AND YOUR MOTHER.” Exodus 20:12. Will my future spouse want me to have this tattoo?

Which do you think is wiser: to do something that is permanent but will be popular for only a season, or to not adopt the popular, but passing, fad? People change their minds about what is attractive. Have you ever changed your mind about a clothing style or hairstyle, and then made the change in wardrobe or hairstyle? How hard are tattoos to remove? How painful? How costly?

There is some evidence tattoos can have negative consequences on one's health — enough evidence for some states and local communities to have regulations for tattooing facilities, and enough evidence to raise concerns by the European Commission. Is taking unnecessary risks to our health showing proper care for the temple of the Holy Spirit? Why or why not?
You have spoken well.
In addition your write-up, I strongly believe christians need Holy Spirit to commune with them because it is Biblically said that, those that are being led by the Spirit of God shall be call the sons of God; I mean a full-grown Holy spirit so that one won't just be giving himself unnecessary religious headache.
Did Jesus Christ not know what He was saying when He said that He was going and He would send a comforter to His disciples/followers that tell them so many things that He wouldn't be able to tell them as time was up to go and meet His heavenly father? He also said the Spirit shall make known so many things to them - these things can not be seen in the Bible because they are not recorded there; these things can not be found in the Bible as post Jesus events with the Christ-like will determine how Holy Ghost talk to them.
Jesus knew there were so many issues need to be instructed by God through Holy Spirit as the world is fading; He knew disciples/followers needed Him when He leaves and that was why He asked them to tarry at the upper room until the said Holy Ghost came upon them for the first time in the history of mankind.
My friend, I really appreciate this message as God will continue to communicate with you through His Spirit, a full grown Spirit of God.
To other Christians, leave Pastor Chris alone and try as much as possible to remain genuine in your acclaimed true repentance, hence ask for raw Holy Spirit.
Without that, I wonder why you would not be wasting your precious time commenting trash.
To unbelievers, you still have another chance to come to Jesus and reconcile with Him so as not to have His nailing on the Cross of Calvary in vain.

1 Like

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by akymme(m): 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
Paying of tithe is in the old testament, and they preach it loud and clear for the sake of money.
My fellow nairalanders these pastors just won de use us chop. Abi u fit use tatoo go do interview, ARE U A LEARNER
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
READ THIS

Tithing originated in the laws of Moses in the Old Testament, and was much more complicated than the modern-day view of giving 10 percent of one's income to charity. Tithing as it originated was done by Jewish law, rather than by charity. It involved contribute agricultural products along with other offerings and added up to more than 10 percent. We assume that Jesus tithed, as he was a follower of the Jewish law as set down in the Torah. In the New Testament, the idea of tithing can be found eight times, all referring to the Jewish law. ARE YOU A JEW?
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 14, 2013

hahahaha, my broda ask them. you know when a particular chapter is read out by the pastor, you see the reaction of the brainwashed, they react as if they never heard that before! then they listen quietly to hear more. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

where in the bible does it say its a sin?
If you dey do soapy nor mean say nor be sin.Search your Bible if you do read it properly you will see a certain Guy named Ona.He got married to his late brother's wife and during love making instead of putting the sperm into her he will spill it on the ground just because he did'nt want to impregnate her and God killed him at the end.That is where the English ONANISM got his origin
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by dnawah(m): 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
People dey still go him church?wetin him carry hold them?chie! See danger and apply caution.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by kieryn(f): 9:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
So we need to wait for "man" to interpret a scripture for us before we know what it right or wrong. What happen to our bibles at home, better yet common sense, ingenuity. Dont we pray/talk to God and God answers/shows us the answers. So he says it not a sin, do u believe that? Wether he right or wrong, how he percieve things does not dictate what I believe. My relationship w/ God is btw God and I.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by ElCaballa(m): 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
DANILSA: Leviticus 19:28

New International Version (NIV)

28 “‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord.
That is in respect of the dead.dont u get it?
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by cyril83(m): 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
Chris okotie with brain problem
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Akiika: 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
Yet, none of you critic have been able to produce a bible verse that says otherwise!

1 Like

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by salaudol(m): 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
I am refusing to be confused by mere mortals like me. No more church or mosque going. I want hear directly too.

1 Like

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Mintayo(m): 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
Question please

Where will someone who dies while undergoing plastic surgery and tattooin go Heaven or hell
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by salaudol(m): 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
Is cigarrete smoking =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)). Sin??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Worships At Tunde Bakare's Church (Photos) / 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist / Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.