Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins (25821 Views)

Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mintayo: Question please

Where will someone who dies while undergoing plastic surgery and tattooin go Heaven or hell
well it depend on the circumstances.. (1) were they being forced to get the tattoo. (2) did they repent right before they died. If they repented right before they expired....its quite possible that they could be stuck in a transitional stage..between heaven and earth for ever....I hope this answers ur question...
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by ektbear: 10:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
musKeeto: Expecting NL Christians to quote this verse

And leave out these ones

Heehehee...

grin cheesy grin

I don't think that God cares whether one gets a tattoo or does plastic surgery. Those seem like minor, unimportant things to me.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 14, 2013
ekt_bear:

grin cheesy grin

I don't think that God cares whether one gets a tattoo or does plastic surgery. Those seem like minor, unimportant things to me.

LOL grin grin grin grin some people are silly....the fact is, there'er billions of stars in space... millions of galaxy and milky ways. Millions of asteroids and black holes floating around everywhere....To think that God, the creator of allllll things....cares about what you have on ur skin or how you are going to eat is very silly....I really think he has better things to tend to then that....
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
some people are silly....the fact is, there'er billions of stars in space... millions of galaxy and milky ways. Millions of asteroids and black holes floating around everywhere....To think that God, the creator of allllll things....cares about what you have on ur skin or how you are going to eat is very silly....I really think he has better things to tend to then that....
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by julius2825(m): 10:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
Logical reasonings,a very significant sign,of the end of time
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by debh(m): 10:40pm On Jan 14, 2013
from dan brown the lost symbol"the goal of tattooing was never beauty.the goal was change from the sacrified nubian priests of 2000 B.C to the tattooned acolytes of the cybele cult of ancient rome,to the moko scars of the modern maori,human have tattooed themselves as a way of offering up their bodies in partial sacrifice,enduring the physical pain of embelishment and emerging changed beings. despite the ominous admonitions of leviticus 19 vs 28,which forbade the marking of one's flesh,tattoo had become a rite of passage shared by million of people in modern age (everyone from clean-cut teenager to hard_core drugs users to suburban housewives). the act of tattooing one's skin was a transformation declaration of power,an announcement to the world ,i am in control of my own flesh.the intoxicating feeling of control derived from physical transformation had addicted millions to flesh altering practice ,cosmetic surgery,body piercing ,body building and steroids....even bulimia and transgendering.the human spirit craves mastery over mastery over its carnal shell ". we all know the truth but create way not to follow the truth.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Smartiegurl(f): 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Agreed
I know you would agree.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by takin35(m): 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
Doctors should check him seems our pastor has fever.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by ektbear: 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

LOL grin grin grin grin some people are silly....the fact is, there'er billions of stars in space... millions of galaxy and milky ways. Millions of asteroids and black holes floating around everywhere....To think that God, the creator of allllll things....cares about what you have on ur skin or how you are going to eat is very silly....I really think he has better things to tend to then that....

Well, get a douchey tattoo like this is probably a sin:

But if you get something more tasteful, I suspect that God will approve of it cheesy
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by redsun(m): 12:06am On Jan 15, 2013
Okotie is a smart dude. He capitalized on nigerians gullibility and made his money when his music quest failed. Nigeria is a virgin ground for pioneers,aswell as gangsters.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by lonamy: 12:52am On Jan 15, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

If this is ur thinking then you dont know god. You need to be closer ro hi and who he is. God knows you individually. Check ur thumb print if u find anyone similar to.urs.then there is no God. Change ur thinking about God he is not a man like u with limitations. You may not remember all ur classmates in high school because u are human. Billions of people living and dead are known to God.

1 Like

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by lonamy: 12:56am On Jan 15, 2013
U see all these benin pastors get as dem be. There messages have deep roots to their origin. Though they have polished the way they talk to make them more acceptable, but their fruit is gradually revealing who they are. Gradually everybody will find their way out.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 15, 2013
lonamy:
If this is ur thinking then you dont know god. You need to be closer ro hi and who he is. God knows you individually. Check ur thumb print if u find anyone similar to.urs.then there is no God. Change ur thinking about God he is not a man like u with limitations. You may not remember all ur classmates in high school because u are human. Billions of people living and dead are known to God.
So let me get this because my thumb print is different from everybody else....there's a God? nice..... grin grin grin grin grin this is the fact, a man in the US walks into a children school and kills 20 little innocent kids.....God didnt jump in to save a single one......so im pretty sure he doesnt care whether you live or die, eat or starve....big G just got better things to do....
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by rume(m): 1:23am On Jan 15, 2013
lonamy: U see all these benin pastors get as dem be. There messages have deep roots to their origin. Though they have polished the way they talk to make them more acceptable, but their fruit is gradually revealing who they are. Gradually everybody will find their way out.

Ohooo, this is now a regional and tribal thing as well. Benin Pastors "get as dem be".
Well, I'm glad you are realising "who they are". Keep realising who they are, who you are (get as you be) and finally who God is.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by lonamy: 1:41am On Jan 15, 2013
rume:

Ohooo, this is now a regional and tribal thing as well. Benin Pastors "get as dem be".
Well, I'm glad you are realising "who they are". Keep realising who they are, who you are (get as you be) and finally who God is.

Lots of things are associated with them. Culturally, they blow their hair, jerry or whatever. English, gramatical excitement and sweet talking, membership brainwashing. Go to the senate one of them is there blowing grammer like mad man.

So if you trace their messages also, it has lots ofthings to do with their origin. The things is there, especually arogancy and flanbouyant kindof lifr
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 2:46am On Jan 15, 2013
ekt_bear:

Well, get a douchey tattoo like this is probably a sin:

But if you get something more tasteful, I suspect that God will approve of it cheesy
oh, the old barbwire band....thats the olderst tat in the world.....
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by rume(m): 2:53am On Jan 15, 2013
lonamy:

Lots of things are associated with them. Culturally, they blow their hair, jerry or whatever. English, gramatical excitement and sweet talking, membership brainwashing. Go to the senate one of them is there blowing grammer like mad man.

So if you trace their messages also, it has lots ofthings to do with their origin. The things is there, especually arogancy and flanbouyant kindof lifr

waoooow, what a view of Benin people. I rest my case till further notice. selah
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by emmabest2000(m): 3:49am On Jan 15, 2013
when talking about pastors issues becareful to avoid courses
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by ignis: 3:58am On Jan 15, 2013
This man is on point.
Sir, please tell them the undiluted word of God.

1 Like

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by beneezy(m): 4:48am On Jan 15, 2013
Can we be a little bit logical for the first time in our moronic lives?
Please read from Lev 19 Vs 1~ end, and tell me which of these laws that u have kept
It talked abt mixed farming (which we studied in Agric Science) to mixed clothing which we all
partake in these days (from 70% cotton to 30% polyester). Do we shave our hairs and beards
So? why wont people think in logical light and key into reality

We r all prisoners of our own devise

he that is without sin, cast the first stone

2 Likes

Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Tmum: 6:27am On Jan 15, 2013
mitchyy:

This statement was made at a service held yesterday, Sunday January 13th at Pastor Chris Okotie's church auditorium. He told his members that tattooing their body or even undergoing plastic surgery is not a sin before God. He said a lot of people misinterpret a scripture in the bible which is supposedly against body art and enhancement. He said getting tattoos and plastic surgery is an individual decision and has nothing to do with God.

What are your thoughts on this?

http://gistville.com/2013/01/theres-nothing-wrong-in-tattoos-and-plastic-surgery-pastor-chris-okotie/
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Tmum: 6:28am On Jan 15, 2013
mitchyy:

This statement was made at a service held yesterday, Sunday January 13th at Pastor Chris Okotie's church auditorium. He told his members that tattooing their body or even undergoing plastic surgery is not a sin before God. He said a lot of people misinterpret a scripture in the bible which is supposedly against body art and enhancement. He said getting tattoos and plastic surgery is an individual decision and has nothing to do with God.

What are your thoughts on this?

http://gistville.com/2013/01/theres-nothing-wrong-in-tattoos-and-plastic-surgery-pastor-chris-okotie/
una sure say diz man na pastor
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by jude33084(m): 6:57am On Jan 15, 2013
musKeeto: Expecting NL Christians to quote this verse

And leave out these ones

Heehehee...

I believe that τhis law was given to th Leventicus then to obey not to the whole world. Why wont you wear clothes made from ♍☺re than one colour?
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Olushyna: 7:01am On Jan 15, 2013
Okotie wait till 2015 b4 u start ur presidential campaign is too early nw
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by jevic(m): 7:30am On Jan 15, 2013
This man and his teachings sef.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by opeano(m): 7:57am On Jan 15, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] he leads Xtians, he is a politician, he is one such person satan will not bother to tempt, he is always aimin 2 b seen and heard. Free him pls, let d sheeps dat will learn, reason. Okotie for 2015-God sent. Smh
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 15, 2013
That man of Satan.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by reigningwisdom: 8:19am On Jan 15, 2013
l sincerly pity Nigerians who can't read their bible or Koran but completely believe whatever their pastors and imans tell them. please, l wish that Mr Chris Okotie church members should read their bible and correct their so called pastor before he leads all of them to hell fire. Attention please Mr Chris Okotie, try to read the book of LEVITICUS chapter 19verse 28. In this verse28 of chapter 19 of Leviticus, The LORD teaches the holiness in personal conduct. The LORD said, never cut your bodies in mourning for the deador mark year skin with TATTOOS, FOR L AM THE LORD. In Verse 29 of the sam chapter29, The LORD sais, Do not defile your daughter by making her a prostitute, or the land will befilled with promiscuity and detestable wickedness.
Hahahahah, Nigerian 419 so-called money lovers pastors have really destroyed Nigeria altogether with their heavy tith payers politicians.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by reigningwisdom: 8:40am On Jan 15, 2013
l sincerly pity Nigerians who can't read their bible or Koran but completely believe whatever their pastors and imans tell them. please, l wish that Mr Chris Okotie church members should read their bible and correct their so called pastor before he leads all of them to hell fire. Attention please Mr Chris Okotie, try to read the book of LEVITICUS chapter 19verse 28. In this verse28 of chapter 19 of Leviticus, The LORD teaches the holiness in personal conduct. The LORD said, never cut your bodies in mourning for the deador mark year skin with TATTOOS, FOR l AM THE LORD. In Verse 29 of the sam chapter29, The LORD said Do not defile your daughter by making her a LovePeddler, or the land will befilled with promiscuity and detestable wickedness.
Hahahahah, Nigerian 419 so-called money-lovers-pastors have really destroyed Nigeria, altogether with their heavy tith payers politicians.
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by reigningwisdom: 8:43am On Jan 15, 2013
l sincerely pity Nigerians who can't read their bible or Koran but completely believe whatever their pastors and imans tell them. please, l wish that Mr Chris Okotie church members should read their bible and correct their so called pastor before he leads all of them to hell fire. Attention please Mr Chris Okotie, try to read the book of LEVITICUS chapter 19verse 28. In this verse28 of chapter 19 of Leviticus, The LORD teaches the holiness in personal conduct. The LORD said, never cut your bodies in mourning for the deador mark year skin with TATTOOS, FOR l AM THE LORD. In Verse 29 of the sam chapter29, The LORD said Do not defile your daughter by making her a LovePeddler, or the land will befilled with promiscuity and detestable wickedness.
Hahahahah, Nigerian 419 so-called money-lovers-pastors have really destroyed Nigeria, altogether with their heavy tith payers politicians
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by Haybeexyz(m): 9:21am On Jan 15, 2013
Pastors preach in d church n tynk Dey r smart n cunnin,tell dem to find d cure wen we sneeze n dats wen tere nose starts runnin......."Man of God".....abeg who Dey give dat post.......me slf i b Angel of God.....bloody liars
Re: Chris Okotie - Tattoos And Plastic Surgery Are Not Sins by mademoiselle(f): 9:34am On Jan 15, 2013
bigfat: [size=30pt]ME I NO FIT FOLLOW MY PASTOR GO HELL FIRE IF I WAN GO THERE I WILL GO THERE BY MYSELF...[/size]

Laff wan carry me go America.
'for a way seemeth right to man bt leads 2 destruction'. Talk abt d end tym. When will we start reading our Bibles? After all we were here when oyakhilome said masturbation isn't a sin. May God help our generation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Worships At Tunde Bakare's Church (Photos) / 15 Things You Shouldn't Say To An Atheist / Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.