Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! (4330 Views)

Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) / Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali / Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 15, 2013
The Federal Government today (Monday) said it will deploy troops to troubled Mali before the end of next week to liberate that country from extremist invasion.

President Goodluck Jonathan said this at a cocktail he hosted at the Presidential Villa for members of the diplomatic corps resident in the country.

Jonathan said “We are confronted presently with a situation in Mali. Let me assure you and the global community that as a nation we will work with other nations to make sure that the problem in Mali is solved”.

The president also appreciated the support of other countries towards helping Nigeria combat local extremism and terrorism.

He thanked the diplomats for the yuletide greetings from their governments to him and thanked them for their messages of condolences in the out-gone year, regarding various tragedies including floods, local terrorist activities, air crashes, and his younger brother’s death.

The president announced that the cocktail will now be regularly held at the beginning of every year.

He said that he looked forward to building such friendship and understanding.

The president stressed that his vision is to have prosperity spread to every part of Nigeria and to build a just and fair nation where peoples’ wishes will be respected especially through the ballot box.

Earlier, the Acting Dean of the Diplomatic Corp and the Ambassador of the Democratic Republic of Congo to Nigeria, Mrs Olumba Kombe had thanked the president and Nigerians for their kind supports and hospitality in the discharge of their duties.

She expressed the willingness of all members of the diplomatic community to continue to work with the government.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/14/fg-to-send-troops-to-mali-next-week/
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by uchlukez(f): 7:01am On Jan 15, 2013
Wet in this jona dey smoke?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Inik(m): 8:13am On Jan 15, 2013
Good move, islamic extremists must not be allowed to take over Mali or else boko haram will use Mali as a support and funding base.
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 15, 2013
The JTF in the north don't have a solution to boko terrors,but oga Jona want to play big brother in Africa.. Hope when Mali crises is over, Bamako won't wake one day to send our brothers over there packing too.. SA incident is still fresh in mind
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by donfatosa(m): 8:18am On Jan 15, 2013
Good one
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Denningtedy(m): 8:19am On Jan 15, 2013
CFCfan: The Federal Government today (Monday) said it will deploy troops to troubled Mali before the end of next week to liberate that country from extremist invasion.

President Goodluck Jonathan said this at a cocktail he hosted at the Presidential Villa for members of the diplomatic corps resident in the country.

Jonathan said “We are confronted presently with a situation in Mali. Let me assure you and the global community that as a nation we will work with other nations to make sure that the problem in Mali is solved”.

The president also appreciated the support of other countries towards helping Nigeria combat local extremism and terrorism.

He thanked the diplomats for the yuletide greetings from their governments to him and thanked them for their messages of condolences in the out-gone year, regarding various tragedies including floods, local terrorist activities, air crashes, and his younger brother’s death.

The president announced that the cocktail will now be regularly held at the beginning of every year.

He said that he looked forward to building such friendship and understanding.

The president stressed that his vision is to have prosperity spread to every part of Nigeria and to build a just and fair nation where peoples’ wishes will be respected especially through the ballot box.

Earlier, the Acting Dean of the Diplomatic Corp and the Ambassador of the Democratic Republic of Congo to Nigeria, Mrs Olumba Kombe had thanked the president and Nigerians for their kind supports and hospitality in the discharge of their duties.

She expressed the willingness of all members of the diplomatic community to continue to work with the government.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/14/fg-to-send-troops-to-mali-next-week/
kind gesture... Dem neva fit clean sweep terrorism comot 4 our 9ija but wan help mali
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by reeeT(f): 8:23am On Jan 15, 2013
Yet another time for Nigerian government to prove to the world that they are truely the Giant of África. Also,a time for Nigerian soldiers to make alot of cash, a time for a mother to lose her child, the era for a wife to become a widow and also a child to miss his dad.#NIGERIANSTORY#

2 Likes

Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 15, 2013
Inik: Good move, islamic extremists must not be allowed to take over Mali or else boko haram will use Mali as a support and funding base.
We should leave Mali alone,and tighten our border,let focus on Niger,a trip to Jibia,a border town in Katsina state ll put you the light,those ragheads have a field day,strolling in and out of Nigeria..
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by fittty(m): 8:23am On Jan 15, 2013
undecided

4 Likes

Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by ABsI1: 8:25am On Jan 15, 2013
Is it until they've overun the couintry?yeye ecowas leaders,imagine if france had been lukewarm.shutup their coward.have u solved ur own islamists problem?live ur load carry anoda man own. Shio
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Clemzy16(m): 8:31am On Jan 15, 2013
NIGerIA, aLwaYS WaNTinG tO aCt liKE It'S tHE gi"ANT" oF aFRIca. SeNDinG tROOPS tO MAli tO Go dIE liKE aNImals, yET thE GoVT fAIleD tO Do sOMEthiNG AbOUT tHE BH bOYs.
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 15, 2013
How many troops did other west african countries sent to us to help fight boko haram?? Nonsense.
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by cyril83(m): 8:45am On Jan 15, 2013
Speechless!
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by AK481(m): 8:47am On Jan 15, 2013
ogbeche77: We should leave Mali alone,and tighten our border,let focus on Niger,a trip to Jibia,a border town in Katsina state ll put you the light,those ragheads have a field day,strolling in and out of Nigeria..

I cried wen I read this.

The whole world is talking about global terrorism and how to contain it,this my friend is spitting maggot from his bucal-cavity.
I expected ecowas to be more proactive than france,I expected them to have sent in troops before the terrorist speedy advancement in major towns in north.bt better late than neva.

1 Like

Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by zangiff(m): 8:50am On Jan 15, 2013
oya let the peace keeping war begins....when FG will spend nigerian money and fail to increase workers salary
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by ujukala: 9:08am On Jan 15, 2013
I hope we won't receive the 'S.African' treatment after helping them out of danger.
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Inik(m): 9:10am On Jan 15, 2013
ogbeche77: We should leave Mali alone,and tighten our border,let focus on Niger,a trip to Jibia,a border town in Katsina state ll put you the light,those ragheads have a field day,strolling in and out of Nigeria..
no we shouldn't leave Mali alone. I believe the fg is looking into the issue of our porous border with Niger. Any islamic extremist regime in west Africa will naturally cause insecurity across the subregion cos terror groups from neighbouring countries will navigate to such country to receive support and funding.
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by born2boink(m): 9:13am On Jan 15, 2013
We are trying to be our brother's keeper while our home is not settle
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by iyaski: 9:14am On Jan 15, 2013
Please someone should tell me who will fund the Nigerian Military? Is it the fedral government? Or is it ECOWAS, or Malian Government?...this where the questions that the aljazeera correspondent was asking and am asking the same question.
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2013
ujukala: I hope we won't receive the 'S.African' treatment after helping them out of danger.

I hope so. But the Nigerian troops are also needed to quell the Boko Haram insurgency back home. Maybe the Nigerian govt can do both.

Ujukala,, I see that u are based in California. I dey greet u, as a fellow Californian smiley
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by gilmaro(m): 9:39am On Jan 15, 2013
AK 48:

I cried wen I read this.

The whole world is talking about global terrorism and how to contain it,this my friend is spitting maggot from his bucal-cavity.
I expected ecowas to be more proactive than france,I expected them to have sent in troops before the terrorist speedy advancement in major towns in north.bt better late than neva.

JEG should have reacted long before now, though not too late. For those who think JEG is stupid, note that letting those terrorists completely take over Mali will fortify our bh brothers. I strongly support jeg on this one.
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Standing5(m): 9:44am On Jan 15, 2013
Acting like they don't have BH to tackle. Its like this admin is hell bent on branding every situation good rather than handling it.
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Standing5(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2013
gilmaro:

JEG should have reacted long before now, though not too late. For those who think JEG is stupid, note that letting those terrorists completely take over Mali will fortify our bh brothers. I strongly support jeg on this one.
And if i may ask, what will Nigeria do for Mali that France cannot do for them.
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 15, 2013
This what continues to prove Nigeria is a giant. Having its own problem, but still ready to help brothers out. Same during apartheid, nigeria was also facing challenges that time
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by kenlash: 10:24am On Jan 15, 2013
Denningtedy: kind gesture... Dem neva fit clean sweep terrorism comot 4 our 9ija but wan help mali
must u quote topic ? U discussing on d same thread
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by akorlade(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2013
UN money sweet pass #50 for this boko haram check points. All soldiers dancing alingo ;DUN
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Wsdm: 10:42am On Jan 15, 2013
I just pity for the poor troops that will be send to that region. Troops that can not be equiped enough to fight a local terrorist group are now send on a suicide mission to go and face a well organized and sophisticated international fighters.
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by delgroveng(m): 10:59am On Jan 15, 2013
It's an obligation we owe to the international community,Africa. The size of our population,diplomatic advantage and economic strenght necessitate's the deployment. Funding can be U.N approved, Ecowas approved. Am not against deployment but what role are we playin there...we can not direct the french troops nor command the Chinese soldiers all trying to invade Africa again. Nato says they want to train Malian soldieers..that means staying for long period of time too...But we shall have more credibility in laying down what and what should not be allowed, number of troops and from which country.
In this way our continent's dignity shall be protected and this will also serve as a detterrant to the unrule advocate of Sharia law in the whole of Nig
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Nacl: 11:01am On Jan 15, 2013
NIGERIA IS ALWAYS GOOD AT SOLVING PEOPLES PROBLEMS & LEAVING THEIRS...
BY D WAY WATS WRONG WITH DIS ISLAM OF A TIN & THEIR VIOLENCE(OFTEN CALLED PEACE BY D FOLLOWERS) HERE & THERE.
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Rich4god(m): 11:04am On Jan 15, 2013
Wsdm: I just pity for the poor troops that will be send to that region. Troops that can not be equiped enough to fight a local terrorist group are now send on a suicide mission to go and face a well organized and sophisticated international fighters.
Guy, plz say what you know. Have you seen a fully kit NA on a UN/AU/ECOWAS mission. You think say na all these yeye weapons dem go use go fight for Mali.
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Symphony007: 12:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
When will "nigeria" not "africa" be the center piece of nigeria's foreign policy?
Re: FG To Send Troops To Mali Next Week! by Barayeks(m): 12:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
Lol "Nigerian troops"...just sounds very funny to me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breakdown Of The 68,833,476 Registered Voters for 2015 general election. / Sick Dieziani Still Beatiful Than Iyabo Obasanjo, I Just Try Her With Headgear / Sokoto State Government Denies Disbanding Hisbah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.