Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs (8007 Views)

Full Transcript Of Lance Armstrong's Interview With Oprah / Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles / Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by ichommy(m): 5:17am On Jan 15, 2013
Lance Armstrong ADMITTED to Oprah Winfrey ... he DID use performance-enhancing drugs during his pro cycling career to win the Tour de France ... this according to the Associated Press.

Lance wrapped up his one-on-one interview with Oprah just a few hours ago ... and according to the report, Lance finally 'fessed up to cheating ... the first time he's ever admitted wrongdoing during his professional career.

Earlier in the day, Lance apologized to the staff at Livestrong, choking up and saying he was sorry for letting down the organization.

The way Lance worded his admission could have serious legal ramifications -- considering he's facing possible criminal prosecution and civil liability for allegedly lying about his PED use in a number of legal proceedings.

http://emmanuelbabatunde..com/2013/01/lance-armstrong-reportedly-confesses_172.html
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Akshow: 5:27am On Jan 15, 2013
Finally he grew some balls and own up to it. Way to go. Still waiting to authenticate this Sha
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 15, 2013
He really tried
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by CVHP: 9:54am On Jan 15, 2013
No comment. Wat number am I?
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Delafruita(m): 10:01am On Jan 15, 2013
Akshow: Finally he grew some balls and own up to it. Way to go. Still waiting to authenticate this Sha
drugs or not,he remains an inspiration to many.the cycling tour is notorious for doping.the conditions are so gruelling its almost impossible to win without enhancement

1 Like

Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Ovie56(m): 10:03am On Jan 15, 2013
They should jst leave the man alone...why cant they detect since all this years.....drug or not he has a name in cycling even if their organisation says he doesnt
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by jadakiss213(m): 10:07am On Jan 15, 2013
finally...Hes a disgrace to himself ,his family, staff and fans worldwide.used to be a big fan of his..mtcheew
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by YungG(m): 10:08am On Jan 15, 2013
ichommy: Lance Armstrong ADMITTED to Oprah Winfrey ... he DID use performance-enhancing drugs during his pro cycling career to win the Tour de France ... this according to the Associated Press.

Lance wrapped up his one-on-one interview with Oprah just a few hours ago ... and according to the report, Lance finally 'fessed up to cheating ... the first time he's ever admitted wrongdoing during his professional career.

Earlier in the day, Lance apologized to the staff at Livestrong, choking up and saying he was sorry for letting down the organization.

The way Lance worded his admission could have serious legal ramifications -- considering he's facing possible criminal prosecution and civil liability for allegedly lying about his PED use in a number of legal proceedings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/15/sports/cycling/lance-armstrong-admits-doping-and-says-he-will-testify-against-cycling-officials.html?_r=0
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57563952/lance-armstrong-admits-doping-to-oprah/
http://emmanuelbabatunde..com/2013/01/lance-armstrong-reportedly-confesses_172.html

who said oyibo no dey do 419?
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by jadakiss213(m): 10:09am On Jan 15, 2013
Delafruita: drugs or not,he remains an inspiration to many.the cycling tour is notorious for doping.the conditions are so gruelling its almost impossible to win without enhancement
how is drug cheat who went as far as lying under oath an Inspiration to anybody ure so dumb

2 Likes

Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by hercules07: 10:12am On Jan 15, 2013
jadakiss213: how is drug cheat who went as far as lying under oath an Inspiration to anybody ure so dumb

Do not mind him jare, he bullied and doped to win and has been denying ever since, he should still have the book thrown at him.
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by VirginFinder: 10:12am On Jan 15, 2013
What a pity!
His sin found him out.
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:36am On Jan 15, 2013
My goodness! And to think I felt his detractors were just jealous of him. When he was stripped of every title he won in October last year, I screamed bloody murder! Watching all his past interviews where he reinforced his innocence was so believable! This guy played us all. Kai!
And yes, its authentic new -PBS's twitter handle confirmed it. #sigh

2 Likes

Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Delafruita(m): 11:00am On Jan 15, 2013
jadakiss213: how is drug cheat who went as far as lying under oath an Inspiration to anybody ure so dumb
he's an inspiration to cancer patients and survivors.try living in their shoes for a day and you' understand.disadvantaged people sometimes go over the edge.JFK was so sick as a kid he determined to do everything possible to make a name no matter how short his life is.thats why he joined the army and thats why he joined politics.i always knew lance doped,not because he kept denying it but because the cycling circuit is one in which only the dopes can win the titles.i reaqlly dont blame the dude.just like i wouldnt blame a nigerian businessman who tries to bribe his way into business success.notwithstanding his doping,he remains an inspiration to many.
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Humphreydis(m): 11:01am On Jan 15, 2013
abeg make dem free dis man joor....oyibo ppl own too much,mk dem kukuma kill am nw...anytim anyday he is still ma best in dat area!
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by wesley80(m): 11:16am On Jan 15, 2013
Delafruita: he's an inspiration to cancer patients and survivors.try living in their shoes for a day and you' understand.disadvantaged people sometimes go over the edge.JFK was so sick as a kid he determined to do everything possible to make a name no matter how short his life is.thats why he joined the army and thats why he joined politics.i always knew lance doped,not because he kept denying it but because the tennis circuit is one in which only the dopes can win the titles.i reaqlly dont blame the dude.just like i wouldnt blame a nigerian businessman who tries to bribe his way into business success.notwithstanding his doping,he remains an inspiration to many.
Duh! Lance was a Cyclist! I get your point on the cancer patients anyway.
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by NYTOBEEZZ(m): 11:18am On Jan 15, 2013
shocked crywhat a pitty for amstrong in cocaine cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Whobedatte(m): 11:30am On Jan 15, 2013
He is a cheat and should be remembered as such , anyway #Livestrong, his pet foundation should not be ruined! It has touched millions of lives through cancer donations.
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Moosh(m): 11:41am On Jan 15, 2013
eyaa amstrong sorry ehhh... bt bod step owing up= if na 9ja guyz now i swear dey wnt say dtruth walahi
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by puplin(f): 11:42am On Jan 15, 2013
Delafruita: he's an inspiration to cancer patients and survivors.try living in their shoes for a day and you' understand.disadvantaged people sometimes go over the edge.JFK was so sick as a kid he determined to do everything possible to make a name no matter how short his life is.thats why he joined the army and thats why he joined politics.i always knew lance doped,not because he kept denying it but because the tennis circuit is one in which only the dopes can win the titles.i reaqlly dont blame the dude.just like i wouldnt blame a nigerian businessman who tries to bribe his way into business success.notwithstanding his doping,he remains an inspiration to many.
You don't even know the sport he participated in and you're talking trash. Try telling your employer that Lance is your mentor and see if you'd still have your job thereafter.
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Precioussilas10: 11:44am On Jan 15, 2013
Why admit now & tarnish your image..he should have let sleeping dogs lie
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Fadelex(m): 11:46am On Jan 15, 2013
Firstly i would like to wait until the interview is aired on thursday because this is a mere speculation,
Furthermore, Lance Armstrong is the greatest rider of all time(for me)... Almost all the cyclist of his generation doped... It is d only way you can compete @ the highest level... How come 11 of his ex-teammates testified, it simply shows all cyclist were involved... Lets wait for years to confirm if Sir Bradley Wiggins' success is a clean one also...
I love you lance, ur life is an inspiration to millions around the world.....
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by jadakiss213(m): 11:49am On Jan 15, 2013
wesley80: Duh! Lance was a Cyclist! I get your point on the cancer patients anyway.
he is a criminal and drug cheat...i lost all the respect i had for him..same with millions of his fans worldwide...
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by jadakiss213(m): 11:52am On Jan 15, 2013
puplin: You don't even know the sport he participated in and you're talking trash. Try telling your employer that Lance is your mentor and see if you'd still have your job thereafter.
abi oo.
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by honeric01(m): 11:59am On Jan 15, 2013
American athletes and drugs, the best twin ever.
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by pak: 12:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
. . . . .The most shocking was not just that he took PEDs but the way he vehemently denied it even after being caught. such nerve !

This guy is fit to be a Nigerian politician !!!
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Symphony007: 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
This is really sad!! I hate all this dopping scandals. It breeds a "do or die" attitude to sports. What is really sad about lance is his story as a cancer patient to a multiple tour de france winner, his story inspired lots of kids and now with this their hopes are shattered. It's pathetic.
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Delafruita(m): 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
wesley80: Duh! Lance was a Cyclist! I get your point on the cancer patients anyway.
i meant to say the cycling circuit.guess my enthusiasm with the aussie open is messing with my head
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Delafruita(m): 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2013
puplin: You don't even know the sport he participated in and you're talking trash. Try telling your employer that Lance is your mentor and see if you'd still have your job thereafter.
shut up fool.i made a mistake.am sure you had never heard of lance armstrong till USADA stripped him of his titles.people just talk trash.how many folks here in lagos break the rules everyday because it will help thwm get ahead?if he admitted his wrongdoing,i'm cool with that and even if he doesnt admit it,am still cool with him.clinton lied repeatedly when he said "i didnt have sexual relations with monica lewinsky".eventually,his lie was revealed and in his biography,he admitted that he even lied to hilary and chelsea about it and it wasnt until the public hearing that he confessed to them.today,clinton is still held in reverence.i admire lance for a lot of things.i can remember watching him clinch the fifth tour and i was asking myself,if he can,why cant i.i am not a cyclist,but his story challenged me to never let anything stand in my way.will i dope if i were in his shoes?probably,probably not.i will continue to salute his courage for coming back from the brink and still going at it with the other guys.besides the cycling circuit is well know for its doping.USADA just wanted a high profile scape goat and found it in lance
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by hercules07: 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
Delafruita: shut up fool.i made a mistake.am sure you had never heard of lance armstrong till USADA stripped him of his titles.people just talk trash.how many folks here in lagos break the rules everyday because it will help thwm get ahead?if he admitted his wrongdoing,i'm cool with that and even if he doesnt admit it,am still cool with him.clinton lied repeatedly when he said "i didnt have sexual relations with monica lewinsky".eventually,his lie was revealed and in his biography,he admitted that he even lied to hilary and chelsea about it and it wasnt until the public hearing that he confessed to them.today,clinton is still held in reverence.i admire lance for a lot of things.i can remember watching him clinch the fifth tour and i was asking myself,if he can,why cant i.i am not a cyclist,but his story challenged me to never let anything stand in my way.will i dope if i were in his shoes?probably,probably not.i will continue to salute his courage for coming back from the brink and still going at it with the other guys.besides the cycling circuit is well know for its doping.USADA just wanted a high profile scape goat and found it in lance

Go and read about the careers he ruined, he threatened and bullied other riders into submission, you also need to read of his antics on the circuit, how he threatens to ruin people's races because they are not towing the armstrong way. His foundation offers support and not cash donations, it is not as if he is the Rockefeller of cancer.
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by Jimbadly: 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
This is shocking! I have always associated that name Armstrong with perseverance, toughness, grit. He is the only cyclist whose name I will ever know. I mean that name Armstrong was legendary. Little did we know he was a serial cheat all these years. Now this name will be a synonym for cheating. Such ignominy. I wonder why its so hard for athletes to stay off those drugs. s.m.h
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by naptu2: 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
Miguel Indurain is the greatest! cool
Re: Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs by RedLight1: 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2013
maradona used hard drugs and yet inspirational to young talents and of the best footballer ever... Armstrong used some banned dope doesnt stop him frm been inspirational... Apart 4rm d dope thing, he still remain one of best cyclist

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Bet9ja Zoom Virtual System Becoming Scam Or What???? One Game Cut!!! / Chelsea's Davide Zappacosta Set To Join Roma On Season-long Loan / Bet365 Paying Or Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.