Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,489 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? (917 Views)

Ladies, These Are The Reasons Why Men Hurt You / Why Do Men Check Out Ladies' Asses? / Ways Men Hurt Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? by nalijah07(f): 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2008
Do men really cry in the dark? Men, please tell us your heartbreak stories. How did you overcome it?
Re: Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? by 4Him(m): 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2008
Never been heart broken before . . .

Sure men hurt just as much as you do but we've been trained not to show any emotions especially in ur presence.
I'll save my tears for the woman i end up with . . . no point giving others the satisfaction of knowing how much of a hold they have on u.
Re: Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? by Encomium(m): 6:13pm On Feb 28, 2008
Actually men do not minding that they were created to play the macho. When it comes to the things of the heart, no one is an exception. Remember men are human being like the women. Overcoming a heartbreak depends on the ability or the way you handles it cos the pains will be there but time heals the wound.
Re: Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? by nalijah07(f): 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2008
@4Him - saving your tears and emotions for the one you end up? What if the one who you are supposed to be with is right underneath your nose, but you lose her because you never showed her those emotions? - Think about it,
Re: Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? by 4Him(m): 6:32pm On Feb 28, 2008
nalijah07:

@4Him - saving your tears and emotions for the one you end up? What if the one who you are supposed to be with is right underneath your nose, but you lose her because you never showed her those emotions? - Think about it,

I dont think thats a possibility where i'm concerned . . . if i lose the one i'm supposed to be with its probably because i never met her in the first place. When i see the one i know.
You dont need to show ur emotions to keep a woman, infact its probably a red flag that you are emotionally weak and i doubt there are many women who want to be with a man who cries at the drop of a hat.
Re: Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? by uspry1(f): 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2008
@poster
Yes men can hurt as much as women do equally.

Majority men have been taught not to show emotions since slavery took place 400 years ago like @4Him and @Encomium have said it.

@4Him

I used to date with a guy who was super sensitive than mine even weeping over Veteran War memorial and Memorial day (USA holiday) to honor fallen soliders, he let me consoled him. I don't mind! It does not make him weak! He was just human being like everyone else.
Re: Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2008
Showing your emotions doesn't really have to be tears, does it? undecided
Re: Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? by sylvao2000(m): 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2008
@poster

l just delete all her details and pictures as well then take like one week to forget about her and never to see her again and again ,
Re: Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? by nalijah07(f): 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2008
@4Him
I wouldn't want to be with someone that cried all the time either, but I think as long as you have balance (strong most of the time) you wont be perceived as weak. Not exposing your partner to the emotional side of you may leave her feeling that you don't care.

@stillwater
no, i don't believe that showing your emotions are only about tears. It could mean expressing that the person has disappointed, embarrassed you, etc.
Re: Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? by efuah(f): 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2008
nalijah07:

i don't believe that showing your emotions are only about tears.
i agree with u. . . u don't have to always cry to show that u're hurt.

@4Him, u prolly has a way of showing hurt but not through tears. . . if not, then u aint human. lipsrsealed
Re: Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? by 4Him(m): 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2008
efuah:

@4Him, u prolly has a way of showing hurt but not through tears. . . if not, then u aint human. lipsrsealed

yup, i get very quiet.
Re: Do Men Hurt As Much As Women? by adeboo(f): 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2008
4Him:

I don't think thats a possibility where i'm concerned . . . if i lose the one i'm supposed to be with its probably because i never met her in the first place. When i see the one i know.
You don't need to show your emotions to keep a woman, infact its probably a red flag that you are emotionally weak and i doubt there are many women who want to be with a man who cries at the drop of a hat.

Well maybe not at the drop of a hat but when a man weeps (not a cry baby o), it really makes me see a different side to them. I dont mind ma man weeping in ma presence, that will just that it shows me he is emotional.

(1) (Reply)

Would You Abscond With Your Lover? / Guys Only: What To Do When Another Guy Is Making A Move On Your Girl / Ever Imagined Sleeping With A Married Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.