Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,511 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? (6689 Views)

LASRRA: Lagos Residents To Collect Permanent Residency Card From Their LGA/LCDAS / RESIDENCY CARD: Ondo Breaks New Ground / Nigeria's First State House, Old Residency, Calabar. [picture]. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Yeske: 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
Akure, Ondo State. Peaceful and rich. If you know your way around that state, you'll make a lot of money less the stress of a state like Lagos.
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Btruth: 9:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ijebu - Ode, Ogun state for sure. I could travel via Epe, Ikorodu or Shagamu to Lagos if I need to.
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Btruth: 9:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
juman: I would still prefer my state over lagos or abuja.

Your state no get name?
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Chinom(m): 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
After i'm done making money in Lagos, it's back to the Coal city (Enugu) for some peace of mind. For now it's Lasgidi.
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
When was this state created?

That is eh! Owerri is now a State! Smh
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Yujin(m): 10:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
What is the aim of this policy? Is it for the sake of a fake unity or to rake legitimate claims for the nomads over your land? Think people, think? Will it make a christian southerner safer in the core north or vice versa? Will it make one legitimately vie for a position in ones state of residence even though your name(traditional) clearly reveals the area from where you originate? Why will laudable propositions like PIB, State Police, Resource Control etc be fought against by the core north while things of little value like creating of forest reserves for the nomadic fulanis and this one should be brought up? Think my people, think!

1 Like

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by farolee(m): 10:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sam Milla: Enugu. I will trade Amsterdam for Enugu

with original fake drugs? and other products.any accomplishment that has the foundation of falsehood will collapses is just a matter of time.
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Kingslaw(m): 10:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
If no be Rivers state foget arm.
In ph,there is money,owo,kubi,iwai,ego always coming into ma wallet. But while in abuja is always spending without replacement. Lag na rubbish! mind you, i did my primary school there.rivers is better for me o.
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by BarryX(m): 12:53am On Jan 17, 2013
Nigeria is Big enough for my country of residence , I likened the question to asking me where do you prefer staying in Lagos? whether am staying in the Osborne estate Ikoyi or "Makoko estate" does not really matter since am still in f**kin Lagos . In other words, be it Lagos, sokoto, Ekiti, Warri, let me have the opportunity of residing anywhere in Nigeria without the residency or ethnicity dichotomy! This Location ish is grossly overrated especially in Nigeria. Kapish

1 Like

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by rume(m): 3:55am On Jan 17, 2013
BarryX: Nigeria is Big enough for my country of residence , I likened the question to asking me where do you prefer staying in Lagos? whether am staying in the Osborne estate Ikoyi or "Makoko estate" does not really matter since am still in f**kin Lagos . In other words, be it Lagos, sokoto, Ekiti, Warri, let me have the opportunity of residing anywhere in Nigeria without the residency or ethnicity dichotomy! This Location ish is grossly overrated especially in Nigeria. Kapish

Capisce... leading to capisco
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by offshoreking: 6:20am On Jan 17, 2013
Bongo for life, Imo State
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by eriegua83: 7:21am On Jan 17, 2013
If u dash me house for LAGOS i nor go stay, na only rents dem go sms me. Abuja I fit manage.

1 Like

Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by LivingSaint(m): 7:37am On Jan 17, 2013
I would reside where the storms of religious and ethnic hatred cannot reach me, where I can express myself without fear of elimination, where my financial potential would be attained. I would reside in Akwa Ibom State.
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by alphaconde(m): 7:49am On Jan 17, 2013
For me its ekpoma edo state. This is one place where I come out everyday and I come back home with something. From here I can achieve anything. BesIdes I call it land of my birth
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by elpatch(m): 10:22am On Jan 17, 2013
Osun state-peaceful,neat and relatively cheap.
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 17, 2013
alpha conde: For me its ekpoma edo state. This is one place where I come out everyday and I come back home with something. From here I can achieve anything. BesIdes I call it land of my birth

I'll trade anything to stay in EKP. I have a special luv for that town (tho it can be very quiet sometime esp when students are on holidays)
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by ezeuba(m): 11:01am On Jan 17, 2013
Afam4eva: To tell you the truth, i think this will foster unity in the country. It will make those that have always sat tight in their regions to move elsewhere.
Like the Yoruba... they never venture outside their comfort zone (Yoruba speaking areas)...
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
Enugu Or Calabar cool
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by chino11(m): 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
ANAMBRA FOR LIFE !!!!

Make money in Anambra/SE economic cities Onitsha and Nnewi then moves to Awka to relax @ BarnHills Resort or Grand Riviera.. cheesy
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Revolva(m): 3:41pm On Jan 17, 2013
Well state of residence go make sense ___Lagos for ever
Re: Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? by Wordsmith(m): 8:10am On Jan 18, 2013
What useless unity are people talking about? What unity has the unitary form of government fostered upon us or the balkanisation of Nigeria into states as we have it?

Methinks, this is nothing but misplaced priority. What should be on the mind of everyone is PIB, State Police, semi-autonomy of LGAs not this dumbass State Of Residency.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My "Oga At The Top" Obafaiye Shem Sunday Attended UNILAG / (MBGN) Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria 2015 Contestants: Why Always Igbo? / See The Biggest Bridge Constructed By Ex-president Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.