Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? (2099 Views)

Our Next Generation, Ladies Become Grooms And Men Become The Brides!!!! / Why Do Single Ladies Become Unmarriable & Ungovernable Once Financially Free? / At What Stage Does The Hard-to-get Game Played By Ladies Become Ridiculous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by ubong560(m): 8:50pm On Jan 15, 2013
Girls mostly the pretty ones make a lot selection when it comes to men during thier early 20s and till middle 20s. At late 20s, they begin to calm down and be a bit serious with which ever man come thier way bt at dis time, 98.5% of the men are either just interested abt thier punny or money (the ones that are well to do). By the time they are 35, desperation for marriage eagerly set in and anybody is acceptable optionlessly. @ dis time, you see a lady who is even a graduate and a one time queen (self acclaimed) hustling and lobbying just to get married to even a carpenter irrespective of her standard. Some can even marry a market truck pusher or whoever is on sight. Isn't dis ridiculous and shows they shld think of drying thier leaves when sun shines?

NOTE: Exactly what happened in my neighbourhood last week.
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by ajailer(m): 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
It does not happen to all of them tho...some still maintain their dignity even wen in their early 30s'

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by totalbaby(f): 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2013
undecided The lady is a beauty queen and rich and still single? doubt it. Everyone has their options, when you are younger some are lucky they meet the right person right away and know it, some don't and want to keep their options open(just like men do). Alot of times, some people may have "shallow" expectations but when they grow older they realise that it doe snot matter if he is not the hottest or the richest just like men when they are ready to settle down will realise that she does not have to be the most beautiful etc, it's called growing up. It's not easy especially us women do not want to make a mistake when it comes to marriage so it does not mean that you should jump at the first guy just because you want to get married.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by totalbaby(f): 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
i agree. No offence i'll rather be alone then just go for any tom, dick and harry because i am 30. Such unions usually do not last or breeds resentment etc. I think that everyone has their time and women should stop being afraid of being alone.
ajailer: It does not happen to all of them tho...some still maintain their dignity even wen in their early 30s'

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by sunnyt1(m): 11:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
Talk abt d ones that will have wasted their time at younger age doin rubbish like chasing rich men, sleepin wit all d men on d streets of lagos, etc, then by the time dey turn 38, pastors will nt rest anymore.
Anyway its natural that you childishly think you shd make use of ur options
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by seunfly: 5:59am On Jan 16, 2013
I also notice that too, @ 20-25years old ladies don't seems to take marriage as important infact many don't even date marriagable guyz/men at dat age and when you try to talk about marriage with them, they won't take you seriously.
There is this close friend of mine that got married at age of 23years, she alway talk about hw she love the guy and can't meet some one like him again in her life, yet she still wish the guy should have show up later than sooner but she grabed the oppotunity anyway.
***bottomline***
most ladies always want to enjoy themself at younger age before been confined to one man in marriage, but not all will make it, but most go on that path.
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by totalbaby(f): 7:41am On Jan 16, 2013
I don"t think it"s true. A lot of women would love to meet the right guy at an early age and settle down but some also want to first b financially stable(earning an income) before marriage but I guess everyone is different just like a lot of men want to have fun during youth before settling down.
seunfly: I also notice that too, @ 20-25years old ladies don't seems to take marriage as important infact many don't even date marriagable guyz/men at dat age and when you try to talk about marriage with them, they won't take you seriously.
There is this close friend of mine that got married at age of 23years, she alway talk about hw she love the guy and can't meet some one like him again in her life, yet she still wish the guy should have show up later than sooner but she grabed the oppotunity anyway.
***bottomline***
most ladies always want to enjoy themself at younger age before been confined to one man in marriage, but not all will make it, but most go on that path.
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 16, 2013
Should one's life begin and end with marriage I have seen a lot of girls (some in church) who marry as early as 23, u find that within 2months her husband is chasing other girls...I don't think rushing into it wld make it enjoyable either undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 16, 2013
seunfly:
***bottomline***
u and ur bottomline
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by KINGwax(m): 7:53am On Jan 16, 2013
ajailer: It does not happen to all of them tho...some still maintain their dignity even wen in their early 30s'
u mean some feigns dignity in their early thirties? U should stop gettin cajoled by their facade, they aint happy.
And if u meet those who will tell u they've decided to stay single and are happy so, ask them if it was a goal they set since as a child or wen their tryin threw them in the state of despair?
The kids shld learn, someday, u'll be obselete, and out of stock!
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by ubong560(m): 8:32am On Jan 16, 2013
Marriage is a destined affair instituted by God and no one (man & woman) stays out of it and claims to be happy in life. Definitely, those are full grown liars. The female folks normally bite thier fingers regretting the expensive mistake they made during younger age. I have them many in my surrounding and they testify to this. One (42yrs now ) openly said all she needs now is just a man who can just make pregnant and she well take care of the baby singlehandedly on our own (looking so frustrated and dissappointed).
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Adaeze003(f): 9:31am On Jan 16, 2013
Old gist... Why not let them be? If they start chasing barrow pushers and carpenters how is it anyone's business?

We all have standards men and women alike its part of being human. I mean, guys are free to search for who they want and gurls as well the only problem is that gurls are on the receiving side. Also, don't be too fast to judge any single woman in her 30z because it just might be because of time wasters and guys they loved playing them. Or is a girl to know who is gonna play her and who is gonna marry her at first sight? We're are all humans and making mistakes is part of the game so live em alone.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by totalbaby(f): 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2013
seconded smiley
Adaeze003: Old gist... Why not let them be? If they start chasing barrow pushers and carpenters how is it anyone's business?

We all have standards men and women alike its part of being human. I mean, guys are free to search for who they want and gurls as well the only problem is that gurls are on the receiving side. Also, don't be too fast to judge any single woman in her 30z because it just might be because of time wasters and guys they loved playing them. Or is a girl to know who is gonna play her and who is gonna marry her at first sight? We're are all humans and making mistakes is part of the game so live em alone.
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 16, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Should one's life begin and end with marriage I have seen a lot of girls (some in church) who marry as early as 23, u find that within 2months her husband is chasing other girls...I don't think rushing into it wld make it enjoyable either undecided
Don't be ovberly dramatic. Majority of people who made this exact same statement in their 20s are biting their fingers in regret. The important thing is to have a healthy opinion about marriage. You think the forty somethings desperate to marry didn't have that opinion? Abeg, what you have to do do quick.
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
ubong560: One (42yrs now ) openly said all she needs now is just a man who can just make pregnant and she well take care of the baby singlehandedly on our own (looking so frustrated and dissappointed).
It's not only the 42 year olds saying so o. Two female friends of mine said the very same thing, one 31 the other 23, so you know it's not a factor of age. Men should be careful with these modern women, if they tell you no need for condom, you know it's not only HIV you should be scared of.
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by chikeorji123(m): 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2013
totalbaby: i agree. No offence i'll rather be alone then just go for any tom, dick and harry because i am 30. Such unions usually do not last or breeds resentment etc. I think that everyone has their time and women should stop being afraid of being alone.

That's totalbaby for u!..
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by chikeorji123(m): 3:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
fresh_dude: It's not only the 42 year olds saying so o. Two female friends of mine said the very same thing, one 31 the other 23. Men should be careful with these modern women, if they tell you no need for condom, you know it's not only HIV you should be scared of.

Ha! really? hahahahaha!..
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
chikeorji123:

Ha! really? hahahahaha!..
For real man. If you don't want to marry her or have a string of kids lying all over the place just use protection or zip it till you ring it.
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
fresh_dude: Don't be ovberly dramatic. Majority of people who made this exact same statement in their 20s are biting their fingers in regret. The important thing is to have a healthy opinion about marriage. You think the forty somethings desperate to marry didn't have that opinion? Abeg, what you have to do do quick.
so u are saying I should jump into marriage now...watch my husband cheat simply becos I didn't want to be 40 and single It seems like marriage is the beginning and end for most pple on NL. Maybe u have nothing else left to live for that's why u blindly rush into marriage at a young age. Well I still have other things on my mind besides getting a ring and walking down the alter. Marriage requires 2 mature people who are committed to each other and are ready to honour their vows to one another. Its goes beyond changing a surname and getting a diamond ring and a wedding reception pple will talk about for years smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by ubong560(m): 8:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
@mondi cheeks, i personally 4bid u frm going ahead ranting such comments. My mum (now above 60) married at d age of 16. Call it 'dat was den' or whatever, any girl of early 20s who has a marriageable suitor shld be so grateful to God and even to d man who shows interest on her not to reject d opprtunity just because u think u r 22 and too young 4 marriage. Let me quickly advise u, b4 u make dat mistake now, think of ur 30s and 40s if the opportunity wil come again.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by seunfly: 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
mondi_cheeks: u and ur bottomline
yes i like to make conclusion
mondi_cheeks: so u are saying I should jump into marriage now...watch my husband cheat simply becos I didn't want to be 40 and single It seems like marriage is the beginning and end for most pple on NL. Maybe u have nothing else left to live for that's why u blindly rush into marriage at a young age. Well I still have other things on my mind besides getting a ring and walking down the alter. Marriage requires 2 mature people who are committed to each other and are ready to honour their vows to one another. Its goes beyond changing a surname and getting a diamond ring and a wedding reception pple will talk about for years smiley

mondi baby, i think girls should grab d opportunity to marry at 23y and above with both hands if they have what it takes and other necessary goals as been accomplished. delaying it base on the assertion that the man will cheat is not acceptable cos if he is 44yrs, he will cheat if he is a cheat. besides marriage at younger age makes you to be mature and responsible at the same time you will be more fucos. Happiness will be the likely ending of such a girl cos you would have done much while others are just starting especially in this era of unreliable pension.
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by totalbaby(f): 11:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
undecided
chikeorji123:

That's totalbaby for u!..
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Nobody: 5:11am On Jan 17, 2013
ubong560: Let me quickly advise u, b4 u make dat mistake now, think of ur 30s and 40s if the opportunity wil come again.
like I said there are men out there who reason beyond NL guys most of my cousins and my own sister got married in their 30s to good men, not because then they were desperate but because they felt they were mature enough to handle marriage then. They are all in healthy relationships with responsible matured husbands...stop treating marriage like a must-have and focus on more important things, most of u want to rush into having kids and estates u can't afford. By 30 u have a debt higher than mt everest all because u wanted to get into marriage whilst u were young. In ur mother's days things were different, its not every woman who could go to varsity and get a law or accounting degree...own her own business. There is so much more to I've for now, marriage isn't the only option left for every 20something year old out there.
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 17, 2013
seunfly: yes i like to make conclusion

mondi baby, i think girls should grab d opportunity to marry at 23y and above with both hands if they have what it takes and other necessary goals as been accomplished.
marriage has turned into a business contract, seize every opportunity u get one
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by daryoor(m): 7:56am On Jan 17, 2013
anytime i go to the market to buy somethin( a shoe for example), after makein the purchase and take a few steps further in the mall and always see one better than the one 1 bought and i say to myself ''i shout have waited a little longer''.
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by ubong560(m): 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2013
@Daryoor, wat in reality do u mean in ur riddles?
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Dsage1: 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
@mondi_cheeks, you will never understand. I will advise you to go and ask those single sisters in their late 20's and 30's before you comment here again.

Marriage might not be everything in life,but time will come that you won't be able to withstand the urge to have your own family and kids especially if all of your mates and friends are all married with children.
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
pretty girls always get married if they want to
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by tpia5: 3:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
ubong560:

NOTE: Exactly what happened in my neighbourhood last week.

Is it the same neighborhood as the one in your mechanic story?
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2013
D sage: @mondi_cheeks, you will never understand. I will advise you to go and ask those single sisters in their late 20's and 30's before you comment here again.

Marriage might not be everything in life,but time will come that you won't be able to withstand the urge to have your own family and kids especially if all of your mates and friends are all married with children.
i do and they always told me never to rush into it until i know im with the right person who is willing to stick with me thru good and bad times, and he doesnt have to be mr perfect either undecided
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Dis is d reason I love the whites,dey r sexually matured n act so! When will blacks grow up? Age is never a factor for a white lady to get married n dats y dier life is stress-free!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Ladies Become Funny When Optionless Set In? by tpia5: 10:06pm On Jan 28, 2013
True, whites might be under less pressure because they can always get a husband at any age.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Desire Of Every Woman !!! / This Lady Is Madly In Love With Me...pls What Will I Do ? / Are Dark Skinned Men The Most Insecure Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.