Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Romance & Tribalism On Facebook... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance & Tribalism On Facebook... (540 Views)

Lady Humiliates A Guy Who Had Sex With Her & Ran Away On Facebook(pic) / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / Wife Unknowingly Dating Her Husband On Facebook. True Life Story! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Romance & Tribalism On Facebook... by marvelck: 8:59am On Jan 16, 2013
Let me say something that has been bothering me for long. And it has to do with our attitude on facebook. It seems some of us have carried our tribal differences to facebook. if you check some people's profile on facebook, you will only see friends from a particular region (same tribe) on their friend list. as you're bound to find an Hausa person having or adding only (more of) hausa people as his friends on facebook. same thing also apply to an Ibo person or Yoruba person. people are adding and having friends from their tribe or geographical region. Facebook, is faceless, and shouldn't be tribalized like we do with most of our things in Nigeria. dont know why ibos will be adding only ibos, yoruba will adding only yorubas, hausa will be adding only hausas, niger-deltans will be adding only niger-deltans, akwa-ibomites will adding only akwa-ibomites, etc. Even some relationships initiated on facebook are most times influenced by tribe too, e.g yoruba guys asking yoruba girls out, or Ibo guys toasting only Ibo girls on facebook). you dont use only maggi or salt to prepare your meals. you add curry, pepper, onions, fish or meat, palm oil/groundnut oil, you put this and that to make your food sweet and balance, shey? so, please add and make friends with people from every parts of the country. One Nigeria! One Love!
Re: Romance & Tribalism On Facebook... by kpozite(m): 9:32am On Jan 16, 2013
Facebook friends are people around you be them your tribe or not and that's what it is about you and your circle of friends. I grew up in the east and most of my friends are Igbo though I am not Igbo my self. Tribal issues don't come to mind when I consider accepting or sending a friend request, I am biased in terms of gender and not tribe and I think the same goes for most people.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Support A Short Term Relationship? / Beauty Women From My Art Blog / How Many Male Nairalanders Can Boldly Say AMEN To This Prayer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.