Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Benin City Reborn! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin City Reborn! (41947 Views)

Biafra A Nation About To Be Reborn / Is Sincere9igerian Beaf Reborn? / Colonialism Is Reborn! Pentagon Carves Africa Into Military Zones! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin City Reborn! by Ikengawo: 2:31pm On Jan 16, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ikengawo: 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ikengawo: 2:34pm On Jan 16, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ikengawo: 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Rhino5dm: 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
Change we can see!

God bless Adams, God bless ACN, God bless the good people of Edo State.

9 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 16, 2013
Lovely lovely lovely.

Buses look safe lipsrsealed
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ikengawo: 2:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
Nice to see, but a lot more is needed in Benin by way of development. Seems the state govt is on the right track though.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ikengawo: 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ikengawo: 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ikengawo: 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Ikengawo: 2:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Afam4eva(m): 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
This is the Benin we never get to see. It's great to have these modern structures in the ancient city. I hope other ancient cities can take note.

9 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by seanet01: 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2013
God bless ACN,
Thunder Fire PDP

10 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Rossikk(m): 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ikengawo:

[size=20pt]"OURS"[/size]

This is what I call building roads. When you build a road, you build the adjoining pedestrian sidewalks with covered drainage.

Not that rubbish Peter Obi is doing in Anambra where he builds roads and adds a stinking open gutter to the side leaving pedestrians to walk along the sand or fall in the gutter.

14 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Afam4eva(m): 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
Rossikk:

This is what I call building roads. When you build a road, you build the adjoining pedestrian sidewalks. Not that rubbish Peter Obi is doing in Anambra where he builds roads and adds a stinking open gitter to the side leaving pedestrians to walk along the sand or fall in the gutter.
You're right...Some governors think it's just about building roads. They never pay attention to what makes a road a road in modern times. Any road without a pedestrian sidewalk in 2013 is not a road.

8 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by GARRIx7(m): 4:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
I wish Uduaghan can learn from his progressive neighbour...

6 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Rossikk(m): 4:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're right...Some governors think it's just about building roads. They never pay attention to what makes a road a road in modern times. Any road without a pedestrian sidewalk in 2013 is not a road.

My brother, if you know how angry I get when I see them building that nonsense they call road, with open gutter on the side, you wouldn't believe it. It's as if they're saying if you don't have a car, you're not a human being or a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by Nightshift(m): 4:46pm On Jan 16, 2013
Rossikk:

My brother, if you know how angry I get when I see them building that nonsense they call road, with open gutter on the side, you wouldn't believe it. It's as if they're saying if you don't have a car, you're not a human being or a Nigerian.
Often i wonder why Nigerians are not dominating in Olympic long jumps competition . Nigerians are world champions in jumping over filthy gutters scattered across the country. It does no good to our image having such in our cities .

3 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by igbo2011(m): 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
This is very nice.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by Omen100(m): 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
GARRI (x7):
I wish Uduaghan can learn from his progressive neighbour...

uduaghan na persin name? that good for nothing useless disguising creature of an ape angry angry angry angry angry angry
Oredo people, please note that, this gigantic progress of Adam's administration doesn't prevent this our clueless president jonathan from naming University of Benin(Uniben) after Bob Izua(Bob-Izua University Benin- B.I.U.B) come May 29th this year.

thank you all & God/Allah bless.

2 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by brixton: 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2013
Lol, stop usin pics to decieve me abeg. Water log stil de ihama and boundary road? In as much as I'd commend d gov, der lota work to be done esp in our rotten gra

3 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by ba7man(m): 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2013
I hope that Up-Edo guy has seen these pics...I'm sure he and his cohorts will get stoned if they carry out their planned protest against Oshiomole.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by kingingkinging: 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2013
brixton: Lol, stop usin pics to decieve me abeg. Water log stil de ihama and boundary road? In as much as I'd commend d gov, der lota work to be done esp in our rotten gra

He cannot finish the whole state at once now. If Igbinedon Lucky had done something reasonable for 8 years, OShio baba would have started from somewhere else but unfortunately he has to start afresh.

Government/governance is a continum.

11 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by oilyngbati3(m): 8:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
Rossikk:

This is what I call building roads. When you build a road, you build the adjoining pedestrian sidewalks with covered drainage.

Not that rubbish Peter Obi is doing in Anambra where he builds roads and adds a stinking open gutter to the side leaving pedestrians to walk along the sand or fall in the gutter.
This is the most du.mb comment ever. Mr edo man masquerading as Igbo, be proud of your edo lineage and stop pretending to be what you're not. Peter Obi is by far above your empty and loud-mouthed governor.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by oilyngbati3(m): 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
@ post, I laugh in 419. I was in benin city and the place is as medieval as Afganistan 5000 BC.

8 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by taharqa: 10:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
I hv practicali stayd in Benin most of my life, and I can testify that there is a VERY CLEAR diff with Oshiomohle compard to what obtaind in recent yrs; much more still needs doing though..

3 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by sbeezy8: 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
This is the most du.mb comment ever. Mr edo man masquerading as Igbo, be proud of your edo lineage and stop pretending to be what you're not. Peter Obi is by far above your empty and loud-mouthed governor.

hater ---- nice pics tho oshio i setting pace for other states
Re: Benin City Reborn! by chreldb(m): 11:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
In as much as I agree that Oshiomole is doing a great job in Edo state, there is however no need to be carried away by these pictures . Majority of them are pictures of different views from ring road and its appendages (Sapele road and airport road) and some hotels in GRA all a few kilometeres away from each other. Sadly, this is as good as it gets for now. Much more could and should be done. I know Benin preety well so I am not yet impressed because I have definately seen better in other Nigerian cities. But make no mistakes the governor is doing really well though! Kudos to him.

5 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by thelastPope(m): 12:13am On Jan 17, 2013
@op, Oshio Baba is my man but you repeated the same pictures too much. All you showed in like 4 pictures repeated from different angles. But Oshio Baba has shown a lot of promise. His second term has been slow though due to lack of funds I heard. He spent so much running the last elections.
Re: Benin City Reborn! by OmoTier1(m): 12:15am On Jan 17, 2013
chreld_b: In as much as I agree that Oshiomole is doing a great job in Edo state, there is however no need to be carried away by these pictures . Majority of them are pictures of different views from ring road and its appendages (Sapele road and airport road) and some hotels in GRA all a few kilometeres away from each other. Sadly, this is as good as it gets for now. Much more could and should be done. I know Benin preety well so I am not yet impressed because I have definately seen better in other Nigerian cities. But make no mistakes the governor is doing really well though! Kudos to him.

I heard of Oshiomhole's strides in Edo State and when I was in Nigeria not too long ago, I went to that state to see for myself! It is not a fluke what you are seeing on the pics post by the op. Given the fact that Edo budget is 1/3rd that of Delta and much of the revenue to the state is from small business taxation which is very difficult to rain in, I give his government a thumbs up.

The Benin city water storm project, huge expansion of the central hospital, schools with floor tiles, proper toilets, very comfortable individual desk and chairs, water project in Edo central, dualization in Igarra, Auchi, and one rural road that cuts across 22, I mean 22 villages, just to say a few of the projects I saw with my eyes.

If anything, all the major roads that was being expanded which I saw have standard dividers, with greens, covered walkways, with standard road markings. Sapele road shown in one of the pics was constructed by Setraco and I tell you it is a 6-lane road of very high quality!

This is not to say they aren't areas the government need to improve upon, but whatI can say is where money has been spent, it is obvious to the sincere at heart that it has been good value for money spent. No doubt, if Edo continue to invest in infrastructure in this manner with proper maintenance, the state will become a choices destination for those running away from the dirtiness of onitsha, Asaba, Warri, etc.

5 Likes

Re: Benin City Reborn! by asha80(m): 12:18am On Jan 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

I heard of Oshiomhole's strides in Edo State and when I was in Nigeria not too long ago, I went to that state to see for myself! It is not a fluke what you are seeing on the pics post by the op. Given the fact that Edo budget is 1/3rd that of Delta and much of the revenue to the state is from small business taxation which is very difficult to rain in, I give his government a thumbs up.

The Benin city water storm project, huge expansion of the central hospital, schools with floor tiles, proper toilets, very comfortable individual desk and chairs, water project in Edo central, dualization in Igarra, Auchi, and one rural road that cuts across 22, I mean 22 villages, just to say a few of the projects I saw with my eyes.

If anything, all the major roads I saw have standard dividers, with greens, covered walkways, with standard road markings. Sapele road shown in one of the pics was constructed by Setraco and I tell you it is a 6-lane road of very high quality!

This is not to say they aren't areas the government need to improve upon, but whatI can say is where money has been spent, it is obvious to the sincere at heart that it has been good value for money spent. No doubt, if Edo continue to invest in infrastructure in this manner with proper maintenance, the state will become a choices destination for those running away from the dirtiness of onitsha, Asaba, Warri, etc.

in nigeria people move to where they make money and not where it is clean.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shocking State Of Owerri After Rainfall (Photos) / IPOB SPLITS: Breakaway Faction, TRIPOB, To Burn Biafra Flag On October 1 / Victor Olabimtan Caught With 15 Ghana-must-go Bags In Ondo - Naij.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.