Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,121 members, 7,863,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill (9143 Views)

What Is Nigeria Doing About The Tse-tse Flies Called Fulani Herdsmen? / Mr President: What Are You Doing About Our Refugee In Niger, Chad And Caemroun. / What Obama/queen/world Leader Are Doing About SatellitePicture-Emperor Ademusiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by OperaMini1(m): 7:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
My light was disconnected since October 17 2012, only for one idiot to bring me a bill of 32k just this afternoon. My December consumption alone amounted to N5,900.00.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Hardfact: 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
NEPA/PHCN in recent times is another Classic Fraud! Since the last tariff change, they abitrarily charge whatever they like, esp as they know they'll soon be sacked. Unfortunately, people choose to follow em like sheep to slaughter. Imagine 600% effective PHCN Tarriff increase since last year when official gov figures suggest less than 100% hike?

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 16, 2013
i just hate PHCN. i havent forgotten what those people did to my dad when my dad was just paying every useles bill they brought his way.

now people in my area are beging me to join hands with them to install PHCN lines . its a developing area. it's like i will call them the bluff dey burn my gen dey go. they are so unreliable and dubious. i no wan their wahala.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by kelly72: 7:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
i am suffering the same fraud by PHCN right now. Under the so called promo, as an unmeterd customer, I was asked to pay N15,000 to clear arrears of N21,000 as at October 2012 and I paid. Now I got December bill and the total is N15,800. And we dont get more than 2 hours electricity in a week in my area at Iju Ishaga. Abd my labdlord is pressurising me to go and pay, go and pay, go and pay. Am just so sorry for these rapacious criminals and this inconsiderate old cargo.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by gabriel212: 8:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
PHCN is another fraudulent organization.
Imagine a woman in my Estate given a monthly bill of 2,300. She went to PHCN office to log complain that the PHCN staff never come to read her meter and after the nxt month, na 7,500 PHCN bill the woman. when she got to their office again, they to her they had come to read her meter this time.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by maasoap(m): 8:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
This is the only reason I will never pray for Barth Nnaji. He successfully introduced fraudulent charging method before he was disgraced out of office. To those who are on direct line (estimation), sorry for you. To those who have digital meter or analog (old black meter), just text your present meter reading including your your name, meter and account numbers to the marketer in ur area between 10th and 20th of each month. If s/he fail to enter it and you're given an estimated bill, just petition his office
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by AceVentura: 9:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
I paid an estimated bill of 20k to phcn on 29/12/12 because those buffons refused to give me prepaid meter. On the 7th of January, the fools brought January Bill of 15k+ to me for light that I hardly enjoy. Them don see maga. I'm waiting for them to come & cut the light. I'll surely send my dogs to them. grin
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by amyg(f): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
415volt: Last year my monthly consumption was increased from 300kwhr to 700kwhr.All they could give me as excuse was that I have no meter(stolen since 2010) because of that we have to bear the cost of those that are connected to PHCN supply illegally in my area.The man in charge told me that the monthly energy supply to a particular area has to be accounted for by house with bill but no meter.We applied for prepaid meter but nothing came out it.I was informed about the promo @ Abule Egba district (pay half of your outstanding bill to clear the remaining half) and quickly fell for it not knowing that its a ruse.Since October when I paid half the remaining is still reflecting on my bill.Presently, I have N35,000 on my bill,what about you.
35 what!do u run a G.A.R.R.I processing factory?wTF
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by WinkWrld: 9:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
Phcn officers have blown my prepaid meter and have now resumed to giving unaccounted for bills. From 3k to 14k /month. Imagin the scam. Nigeria is wicked
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
okpara ugo: i just hate PHCN. i havent forgotten what those people did to my dad when my dad was just paying every useles bill they brought his way.

now people in my area are beging me to join hands with them to install PHCN lines . its a developing area. it's like i will call them the bluff dey burn my gen dey go. they are so unreliable and dubious. i no wan their wahala.

"If the power supply is so unreliable, then why bother with all the bills"

I was wondering what would happen if you let them disconnect your house from the power line and you have to use gen all the way. is there a penalty for not being connected to the power grid?
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
i used to pay #6000 monthly, suddenly, the bill was increased to #12,800
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by TableLeg(m): 10:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
I dont have one!
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
415volt: Last year my monthly consumption was increased from 300kwhr to 700kwhr.All they could give me as excuse was that I have no meter(stolen since 2010) because of that we have to bear the cost of those that are connected to PHCN supply illegally in my area.The man in charge told me that the monthly energy supply to a particular area has to be accounted for by house with bill but no meter.We applied for prepaid meter but nothing came out it.I was informed about the promo @ Abule Egba district (pay half of your outstanding bill to clear the remaining half) and quickly fell for it not knowing that its a ruse.Since October when I paid half the remaining is still reflecting on my bill.Presently, I have N35,000 on my bill,what about you.

Oh Lord of Mercy! I just paid my electricity bill of $186 for the month of December. Una dey enjoy for Nigeria o.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by shiftbutton: 10:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
I apply the same principle my BIL de apply, no matter the bill they bring monthly, i get my own fixed rate wen i de pay. Non b PHCN bill i come pay for lagos. When village people ask me wertin I use money do? i go come de tell story say I used am pay NEPA bill? no way. their monthly bill na variable, my payment at the moment na constant.

Abeg make una buy tyre pump jo, make i see money pay next month bill.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by cyrielo(m): 10:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
Well my own case is different sad, we used to be charged 3k per month,so when I told my gf about it she said her dads works @ phcn dat she would sort it out for me. later the following month I was charged N900 but after we broke my bill is now 5k per month I just have to manage no one to complain to. sad

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
cyrielo: Well my own case is different sad, we used to be charged 3k per month,so when I told my gf about it she said her dads works @ phcn dat she would sort it out for me. later the following month I was charged N900 but after we broke my bill is now 5k per month I just have to manage no one to complain to. sad

My guy clean the oil wey dey your mouth.. grin

I used to pay crazy estimated bill before because the marketer excuse was that there was never anyone to open the gate for her to read the Meter monthy..so she resulted to estimation which ranges from 10k - 12k monthly.
I have been reluctantly paying because it will be difficult to clear accumulated bills.

We later agreed to be texting her the meter reading latest by 25th of each month and presently I pay between 2k-3k monthly.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Sprumbaba: 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
payless:

Oh Lord of Mercy! I just paid my electricity bill of $186 for the month of December. Una dey enjoy for Nigeria o.

What kind of enjoyment are you talking about? Are you paying for the light you did not use like what happens in Nigeria? rubbish

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by AdeniyiA(m): 12:38am On Jan 17, 2013
when God will judge the world,special attention would be given to Nigeria(ns) as all other nations will be asked to take a break!
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:05am On Jan 17, 2013
9icest: I run on the prepaid during the day, and on the direct line during the night wink That way I accumulate less....[/b]
exactly wat my landlord does, let me check wel weda u re really him,..... Hand go touch u one day
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 17, 2013
simdam500: our own still neva change away 4rm #3000 per month. On top say naa card ooo, as if we dey pay d whole street moni

What kind of apartment do you occupy, how many rooms ? Is it a personal house?

Am posed with connecting light to my house with about 80k and am wandering what the bills will be when am on the grid. Generator better now. It offers you the peace of having light exactly when you need it.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 17, 2013
Cherechy: I'm surprised people have to pay or bribe to get prepaid meter. We were at home one afternoon when PHCN people came in their van, assigned themselves to flats and started installing prepaid meter.
We all had to come out to ask what was going on, when we were told that henceforth we shud start going to their office for credit to recharge. We were told the metre charge will be substracted from each recharge till the bill is offsetted and dt was it.
Since then we've been having uninterrupted power supply except u're out of credit. Only once that we didn't have light for 3months cos some people came and did illegal connection from the transformer and the stuff blew, we agitated till a new one was brought, and it has been bliss!

You are either in Enugu or Owerri, some areas are going thru hell with PHCN.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Iykopee(m): 9:01am On Jan 17, 2013
useless PHCN people...dat was exactly d problem i had when my bill rose to 33,000...just for 2 month without a meter, though stolen abt a year ago..i went to dia office to sort out d problem amicably but these oafs cudnt say sometin positive...i discovered how fast they were to demand for cash by applying for anew meter, which is 25,000, registration of d meter, 10,000..plus oda tins nor yet mentioned by dem...i resorted to trickery by inviting a wise PHCN guy dat collected just 4000 to offset dat bill to 2000..now my nepa bill floats around 700 to 1000 monthly.......NA 9JA WE DEY...NO TIME TO CHECK TIME.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 17, 2013
n.oxide:

"If the power supply is so unreliable, then why bother with all the bills"

I was wondering what would happen if you let them disconnect your house from the power line and you have to use gen all the way. is there a penalty for not being connected to the power grid?

With all that am reading here, i think this thread is very timely and useful for me. I am not connecting to any PHCN. Considering the fact that 80k will swim before i will see light in my house then my useful time expended in going to PHCN for complaints.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 17, 2013
victorian:

Your ARea, could either be Lekki or Magodo or possibly Marwa GArdens, grin.... If not ? Such things ain't happening in other populated places o.

I stay in Abuja
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
Sprumbaba:

What kind of enjoyment are you talking about? Are you paying for the light you did not use like what happens in Nigeria? rubbish

Very angry man.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by maasoap(m): 8:01pm On Jan 17, 2013
payless:

It seems to me that you didn't get it. We're paying for what we didn't consume because phcn refuse to distribute meters. Imagine a household with prepaid or digital or analog meter paying 3000 naira monthly while the one with estimation paying 17,000 naira per month. At least you consumed 186 dollars worth of energy.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
maasoap: It seems to me that you didn't get it. We're paying for what we didn't consume because phcn refuse to distribute meters. Imagine a household with prepaid or digital or analog meter paying 3000 naira monthly while the one with estimation paying 17,000 naira per month. At least you consumed 186 dollars worth of energy.

I know what you are talking about and understand the complain. We pay for what we don't use too in the U.S. It is called the maitenance fee. Despite the fact that we switch-off the power box before travelling out of the country for one or two months we pay maintenance fee to power company in the U.S when we come back. Our bills never show $0.00 balance. PHCN needs to explain it to consumers why you are being billed even when they are not rendering you service. I know they have what they call it if it is not called maitenance fee in Nigeria. As long as someone is occupying the house, they will still charge you.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by adorable29(f): 6:23am On Jan 18, 2013
Their maintenance fee is 500naira monthly! What has dat got to do with chargin ur neighbor 1500naira monthly nd then charging you up to 12thousandnaira monthly(even tho u probably use less energy Dan ur neighbor)?! Abeg men are not smiling! Dnt compound issues wit wat you don't know, so u dnt receive insults!
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
adorable29: Their maintenance fee is 500naira monthly! What has dat got to do with chargin ur neighbor 1500naira monthly nd then charging you up to 12thousandnaira monthly(even tho u probably use less energy Dan ur neighbor)?! Abeg men are not smiling! Dnt compound issues wit wat you don't know, so u dnt receive insults!

Insult for..........? SMH

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Ihejirika: A Loony Biafra Fanatic Or Just Deadly Corrupt? – Dr. Peregrin / Why Do Some Igbos On Nairaland Think I Am Not An Igbo Person / Jonathanians, Can We See The Pictures Of The So-called 9 Brand New Universities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.