Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill (9129 Views)

What Is Nigeria Doing About The Tse-tse Flies Called Fulani Herdsmen? / Mr President: What Are You Doing About Our Refugee In Niger, Chad And Caemroun. / What Obama/queen/world Leader Are Doing About SatellitePicture-Emperor Ademusiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
Last year my monthly consumption was increased from 300kwhr to 700kwhr.All they could give me as excuse was that I have no meter(stolen since 2010) because of that we have to bear the cost of those that are connected to PHCN supply illegally in my area.The man in charge told me that the monthly energy supply to a particular area has to be accounted for by house with bill but no meter.We applied for prepaid meter but nothing came out it.I was informed about the promo @ Abule Egba district (pay half of your outstanding bill to clear the remaining half) and quickly fell for it not knowing that its a ruse.Since October when I paid half the remaining is still reflecting on my bill.Presently, I have N35,000 on my bill,what about you.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
it's almost 8 months I paid my electricity bills. reason is where i reside,an estate precisely, the chairman and the other executives of my estate told PHCN officials not to expect the residents to pay their bills until they install the prepaid metres in every household.
so na free light we dey enjoy so till further notice.

6 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
undecided undecided undecided
How true is that
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
415volt: undecided undecided undecided
How true is that
very very true. i ain't kidding bro! though the light is being rationed, we still don't enjoy at least 14hrs light whenever it's our turn. too bad
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by vanstanzy(m): 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
The most annoying aspect of PHCN charges, is that none of them can even tell me what on earth that "FIXED CHARGE" is all about.

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by 9icest: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2013
I run on the prepaid during the day, and on the direct line during the night wink That way I accumulate less....
Nothing wrong with getting even with a useless government parastatal that doesnt even give a damn if I sleep in heat or not.

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Wendyslim(f): 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2013
Don't have a choice but to reduce it monthly , aBi I fit fight govt?
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Francheezy(m): 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
5k+....
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by vanstanzy(m): 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
415volt: Last year my monthly consumption was increased from 300kwhr to 700kwhr.All they could give me as excuse was that I have no meter(stolen since 2010) because of that we have to bear the cost of those that are connected to PHCN supply illegally in my area.The man in charge told me that the monthly energy supply to a particular area has to be accounted for by house with bill but no meter.We applied for prepaid meter but nothing came out it.I was informed about the promo @ Abule Egba district (pay half of your outstanding bill to clear the remaining half) and quickly fell for it not knowing that its a ruse.Since October when I paid half the remaining is still reflecting on my bill.Presently, I have N35,000 on my bill,what about you.

WHAT!!! shocked shocked shocked 35k? are u sure other houses are not connected to ur electric bill?

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by begwong: 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
I do get pissed-off with their 500 Naira monthly fixed charge!
WTF is that charge for? Whether you get light or not you must pay it.
Nawaoo!

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by superior1: 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
Pay the old one and leave the new bill till salary the coming month
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by vanstanzy(m): 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
9icest: I run on the prepaid during the day, and on the direct line during the night wink That way I accumulate less....
Nothing wrong with getting even with a useless government parastatal that doesnt even give a damn if I sleep in heat or not.

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

Make them catch u. Na lie o, i wish i could do same too wink wink wink. PHCN bills these days is crazzzy! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by santimmytiago(m): 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
NAIJA NA DEAD, HISS
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by yusuf01(m): 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
Seriously, it's getting crazy... Thing is, it's pretty difficult to get †ЂΞ prepaid meter now, but charges on the old meter is just outrageous. Another thing is this: they charge almost any amount once ur meter is not on their register, this I just got to know... Heard that the payment of such charges goes to some people in PHCN, not the govt. So, to register ur meter now attracts a fee of about 10k (it's done illegally though).

Thing is, I'm just tired of this outrageous billing, it's killing my pocket!!!
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by simdam500(m): 5:11pm On Jan 16, 2013
our own still neva change away 4rm #3000 per month. On top say naa card ooo, as if we dey pay d whole street moni
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by bigfat: 5:11pm On Jan 16, 2013
[size=30pt]it used to be 77k but after we bribed Nepa with JUST grin 15k it reduced to zero na to find you way in thIS NIGERIAn economy [/size]
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
vanstanzy:

Make them catch u. Na lie o, i wish i could do same too wink wink wink. PHCN bills these days is crazzzy! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
very very crazy I tell you.
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
My dear, when my meter bill went from abt N4k a month to abt N15k a month, I took a day off work and went to Phcn office to raise hell! Esp considering that power supply worsened! At d end, I was pacified, made to part with abt N4k with a promise dat d over N25k accumulation will be wiped out and lower charges to be made thereafter. Its bn 3 months since then and all they promised have bn fufilled...so far! One has to shine eye in Naija small.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by vicholas(m): 5:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
My PHCN bills increase from #
3,200 to #8,300 monthly. Naija for stress
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by adorable29(f): 5:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
They are just outrageous! D marketer in my area (ugbowo zone in Benin) asked me to text her my meter reading on 28th Dec, which I did! Jan 7th, I was given a bill of 12k for just ONE MONTH! Wen I complained, d same woman (marketer) told me I gav her a wrong readin whc ♏αy v caused it to be that high! She said there is no remedy, that I just must pay it! No empathy wat so ever! I hp d privatization thing takes effect ASAP!
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by IzyLuv(f): 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2013

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by j4jj: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2013
adorable29: They are just outrageous! D marketer in my area (ugbowo zone in Benin) asked me to text her my meter reading on 28th Dec, which I did! Jan 7th, I was given a bill of 12k for just ONE MONTH! Wen I complained, d same woman (marketer) told me I gav her a wrong readin whc ♏αy v caused it to be that high! She said there is no remedy, that I just must pay it! No empathy wat so ever! I hp d privatization thing takes effect ASAP!

Na so my own be o! But I was told that the prepaid meter is free! I settle PHCN staff 30k.. They just brought prepaid to my house the following day
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by stagger: 6:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
I was given a bill of N250,000 and I told them I was not going to pay. How can I pay for prepaid meter and three years after, I don't get it? I warned the NEPA people that next time they come to my house to collect it, my Caucasian dogs will be the ones to answer the gate.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by j4jj: 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
IzyLuv: Crazy ppLe... I was billed 5000 in nov nd i complained, d next month was #10,000... I paid nothin nd dis month, it became #19,000...#dia sorry asses wia petitioned, not by me dou... Sum1 of greater power!!!!... Now dey owe me #1,700:..

For real? I doubt if this ur tory na true

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by AdeniyiA(m): 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
...planning to set fire on them
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
I'm surprised people have to pay or bribe to get prepaid meter. We were at home one afternoon when PHCN people came in their van, assigned themselves to flats and started installing prepaid meter.
We all had to come out to ask what was going on, when we were told that henceforth we shud start going to their office for credit to recharge. We were told the metre charge will be substracted from each recharge till the bill is offsetted and dt was it.
Since then we've been having uninterrupted power supply except u're out of credit. Only once that we didn't have light for 3months cos some people came and did illegal connection from the transformer and the stuff blew, we agitated till a new one was brought, and it has been bliss!

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by asha80(m): 6:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
stagger: I was given a bill of N250,000 and I told them I was not going to pay. How can I pay for prepaid meter and three years after, I don't get it? I warned the NEPA people that next time they come to my house to collect it, my Caucasian dogs will be the ones to answer the gate.

shocked grin
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
See corrupt people full this thread. They'r not even ashamed of making their nefarious and corrupt practices public. Even some black market NL 'anti-corruption' crusaders are among them.
Smh!

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by jerikoyan(m): 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
Kindly Vote dayo dj bello in d Pepsi lyrics challenge...just click n like--> http:///13gEskj thanks
Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by victorian(f): 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
Cherechy: I'm surprised people have to pay or bribe to get prepaid meter. We were at home one afternoon when PHCN people came in their van, assigned themselves to flats and started installing prepaid meter.
We all had to come out to ask what was going on, when we were told that henceforth we shud start going to their office for credit to recharge. We were told the metre charge will be substracted from each recharge till the bill is offsetted and dt was it.
Since then we've been having uninterrupted power supply except u're out of credit. Only once that we didn't have light for 3months cos some people came and did illegal connection from the transformer and the stuff blew, we agitated till a new one was brought, and it has been bliss!

Your ARea, could either be Lekki or Magodo or possibly Marwa GArdens, grin.... If not ? Such things ain't happening in other populated places o.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by Toktee(m): 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: See corrupt people full this thread. They'r not even ashamed of making their nefarious and corrupt practices public. Even some black market NL 'anti-corruption' crusaders are among them.
Smh!
Why dont you tell that to phcn,they are robbing us on monthly basis but you say nothng to that or is that you contribution to the topic,abi your papa the work ther?

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill by IzyLuv(f): 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2013
j4jj:

For real? I doubt if this ur tory na true

vewi true Boss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: Reuters’ Abortion Story Is Fake, A Ploy To Demoralise Our Troops / David Cameron Visits Nigeria / Atiku’s Endorsement By CUPP An Affront To The Spirit Of Alliance –NCP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.