Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position (24567 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by AK481(m): 11:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
PHIPEX: I prefer a Met & Mat Engineer with integrity over an Electrical Engineer who sees corruption as a necessary evil. I wish you were in UNN during his farewell programs to see the way students were crying. For instance,One of his children could not gain admission into UNN during his tenure because he/she could not pass post-JAMB.He broke the back of corruption in UNN during his tenure and am sure he'll do same in power sector. And by the way, what course did Barth Nnaji study?

In other words,u prefer a good yoruba prof to an electrical engr for power?
Explain.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by AK481(m): 11:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
nwando:

Please shut up you hear
Mr "my Engineering deeeeek is bigger than yours"
He is not going to be climbing ladders to install electrical wires neither will he be manufacturing them.
The American Energy secretary is a physicist
All those are within the same jurisdiction

Poor you
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
princejude:

He was my Lecturer in that MME department(ESUT) (100 and 200 level). That man is 2 good. If they allow him he will perform.

You must be 2003 set...
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by AK481(m): 11:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
nwando:

Please shut up you hear
Mr "my Engineering deeeeek is bigger than yours"
He is not going to be climbing ladders to install electrical wires neither will he be manufacturing them.
The American Energy secretary is a physicist
All those are within the same jurisdiction

Poor you,I av low b3 I ll reply this nonsense 2mao.mean while I believe everybody should practice wat he reads,nebo should be fixed in works ministry not power.barth worked in power industry for long.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2013
gsalvatore: you have sat in bible studies to learn from him huh? That man is the greatest pretender on earth, he hides at the back of church. He did some good stuffs when he was VC-UNN, well dat was to make a name for himself. Don't forget the Fact that he has been LoBBying for this Political appointmen and with whose Money? Cos lobbying happens with Cash.
Abeg before you start praising that wolf in sheep skin just direct your torchlight on FED UNI Ekiti, he runs that place like his property or should I say like a private firm, he refuses to pay some staffs their allowances just because they are junior staffs, if you squeal a sack letter is always there to take care of the situations...I have peeps complaining in secret about this, I guess he uses their pay/allowances to lobby for a ministerial post. ALL that Glitters is not Gold. His corruption runs a tightass Ship. Before a Naija Pastor turns a Naija Politician,Few knows the play,Others are mere Spectators..
Are you one of the junior staff? Check the dictionary meaning of lobbying and you find out that it has nothing to do with money. What you are describing is bribery. Lets assume he was using your junior staff allowaces to 'lobby', it means he has been anticipating the resignation of Barth who stepped down about 5 months back. False! You will get the kind of VC you crave.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Pergrace: 11:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
This appointment is long over due.I am sure he will ponder on it before he makes his decision. Anyway,he was my mentor back then in ESUT.He is indeed a man of integrity.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by AK481(m): 11:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
BayoAA:

Sorry to say this, AK 48, If you are a vast engineer, you will know that power industry is not just about Electrical engineering. Turbomachinery are the main power generators in Nigeria. These are purely mechanical systems handled by Mechanical Engineers, these mechanical systems are controlled by I&C Engineers, while the Electrical engineers cater for Electrical field in the Generator (Industrial) and synchronization. The civil engineers starts the whole process by building the concrete and metal structures which are no less important.
You will agree with me that Mech Eng and Mat & Met Eng has alot in common. so.....This is a round peg in round hole.
We dont need a practical engineer as a minister but a practical administrator/leader. Why do you think someone from SA or somewhere outside is better off? Common, This is a professor which I believe has travelled far and wide for researches, conferences, sabbaticals etc. This is the international mindset needed and nothing more not even Grammar and efisi!!!!!

Poor you,if ur arguement is to be followed,then how come the minister of health is always a medical doctor and not a nurse? The majority is that field made it dat way.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 11:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
AK 48:

Poor you,if ur arguement is to be followed,then how come the minister of health is always a medical doctor and not a nurse? The majority is that field made it dat way.
Politics
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 11:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
AK 48:
Poor you,I av low b3 I ll reply this nonsense 2mao.mean while I believe everybody should practice wat he reads,nebo should be fixed in works ministry not power.barth worked in power industry for long.
Barth is a professor of robotics. He should have nothing to with power following your argument but I see he is in your good book.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
Odunnu: I have never liked this man! Never!
Nebochadnnazer, tufiakwa.

Kunu is not good for your brain.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by gmolen(m): 11:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
The consensus about prof. Nebo's uprightness and integrity is overwhelming. It is rare to see almost all Nairalnders voicing the same opinin on an issue. Once again, kudos to my former VC and well done to GEJ for this nomination. I just hope the senate clears him asap.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by passion007: 11:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
okpara ugo:

We groomed him in ESUT before loaning him to UNN in a transfer window.
Lol...rather, he saw the 'varsity that is sited on soft, green hills' and then abandoned you guys.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by ba7man(m): 11:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
agabaI23: Who made you the chief whip of this thread? He has the right to respond to the news from any angle that suits him just as you chose to deviate from discussing the prof's educational background to abusing someone? You should learnt to tolerate divergent views my friend.
Hey!!! I aint talking to you so just kindly move along.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 11:25pm On Jan 16, 2013
ba7man: Hey!!! I aint talking to you so just kindly move along.
I didn't see where that guy mentioned your handle in his post. Why didn't you move along?
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by ba7man(m): 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
agabaI23: I didn't see where that guy mentioned your handle in his post. Why didn't you move along?
B'cos i don't know you. IGNORE MODE ACTIVATED.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by passion007: 11:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
AK 48:

Abeg, no open that chapter...BTW your signature is DA bomb... I'm still laughing.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by asha80(m): 11:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
ba7man: B'cos i don't know you. IGNORE MODE ACTIVATED.

all these kids on nairaland.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
ba7man: B'cos i don't know you. IGNORE MODE ACTIVATED.
You don't have to. More like scared mode activated?
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
asha 80:

all these kids on nairaland.
Seriously!
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by kasonud(m): 11:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
Nightshift: Another plus for Coal City State. Dedication simplified !!
i drink to this bro
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by ba7man(m): 11:38pm On Jan 16, 2013
agabaI23: Seriously!
well, u nd Asha 80 can get a room and go F**k yourselves.....
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
ba7man: well, u nd Asha 80 can get a room and go F**k yourselves.....
When a child lacks wisdom, he resorts abuse. You are actually a child. I no do men at all.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Chamber10(m): 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
Almost 95% of the comments so far speak good of this Man. I hope he performs sha
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by ba7man(m): 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
agabaI23: When a child lacks wisdom, he resorts abuse. You are actually a child. I no do men at all.
I'v heard old man,....now go f**k yourself.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2013
ba7man: I'v heard old man,....now go f**k yourself.
It is not possible for me. How do you do that?
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2013
AK 48:

Common AK 48!! You are getting this thing wrong. How can you compare a Medical doctor with a nurse? It is just like Comaparing an Engineer with a Technician!!! In the medical world we have Gyaenecologists, Pedeatrics, etc and in the engineering world we have your powerful Electrical engineers, Mech, civil, Electronics, Medical etc. Anyway I rest my case. No need to flog this too long. Take it or leave it.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 11:47pm On Jan 16, 2013
Chamber10: Almost 95% of the comments so far speak good of this Man. I hope he performs sha
My prayer too.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by mbulela: 12:00am On Jan 17, 2013
Most folks still do not understand our issues as a country.
We have never lacked good men with passion and sincerity.
What we lack is a good system.
As good as this man is, he might make no difference cos the system is structured to produce failure.
I wish him the best,anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Mr9iceGuy(m): 12:19am On Jan 17, 2013
His qualifications please. I hope his not a professor of zoologist, unlike the man dat nominated him, who suposed to be anchoring animal farm in George O'wells zooo. Hahahahahah
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 17, 2013
brownlord:

Bro, none of them can answer that, what matters most to them here is that hes a prof. And a vc. Abi na em start post ume, is this enuf to give him such position if he has no clue abt the ministry hes bn ask to head?

He is an Engineer by training, and a rev. who doesnt take shaiyt. A reformer, hard headed but very diplomatic. Ask anybody that knew him in his days as VC in ESUT, UNN and presently Ekiti. He assumed the mantle in UNN when the 'cabal' headed by former FCT minister late Prof. Ikejiani Clark was so strong and had run the school down to decimals. Cultism was at its peak and examinations could not even hold. The man is gangstar sha! He just came and imported the methodolgy he used in ESUT. 'Continue writting your exams even if your neighbour is shot in the hall'. Believe me, that quelled things plenty as all the bad boys simply activated travel mode and didnt bother with exams and for once in a long time, the school wasnt closed down. He ran an open office where students could go report a lecturer to him directly for any malfeasance and all the students had his mobile number. Believe me, lecturers started behaving themselves fast! Come and see the speed with which he started reforming the school. I pray he brings the same ingenuity to the power sector.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by grazim: 12:35am On Jan 17, 2013
He is from Udi, the same place that Gov. Chime comes from. Maybe they are trying to ensure that if the other one does not return ... As for his competence, he is a materials engineer and not a power man. The PHCN people will have him for lunch; watch out.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by PHIPEX(m): 12:37am On Jan 17, 2013
gsalvatore: you have sat in bible studies to learn from him huh? That man is the greatest pretender on earth, he hides at the back of church. He did some good stuffs when he was VC-UNN, well dat was to make a name for himself. Don't forget the Fact that he has been LoBBying for this Political appointmen and with whose Money? Cos lobbying happens with Cash.
Abeg before you start praising that wolf in sheep skin just direct your torchlight on FED UNI Ekiti, he runs that place like his property or should I say like a private firm, he refuses to pay some staffs their allowances just because they are junior staffs, if you squeal a sack letter is always there to take care of the situations...I have peeps complaining in secret about this, I guess he uses their pay/allowances to lobby for a ministerial post. ALL that Glitters is not Gold. His corruption runs a tightass Ship. Before a Naija Pastor turns a Naija Politician,Few knows the play,Others are mere Spectators..
My friend don't disgrace your self in public, I have followed Nebo since my days in the University. He doesn't need the salary of junior staff in a mushroom university to survive. Close to the end of his tenure he commissioned the largest Library in West Africa which incidentally is the largest structure in any University in the southeast(I don't know about other regions), he could have stolen from there if that was his target afterall the project was abandoned for more than 20yrs before he became a VC. Google his speech at Ahaijoku Lecture(one of the largest gathering of Igbo Intellectuals) in 2010 and tell me if he passes off as a mere political sycophant. Don't murder his character if you don't know him well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Plateau Lawmakers Fight At Stormy Session, Break Chairs / Makinde, Fayose In Cold War Over Ekiti PDP / Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.