Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position (24568 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 17, 2013
Why the commendations and praise? He's not going to achieve anything. Lets watch him and see
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by demoore1(m): 12:50am On Jan 17, 2013
Another great Man from the East. But Will our Boko haramic/gbagbatigbati brothers allow him to work? lets wait and see. Senatator Ken Nnamani-Killer of OBJ third term program, Bath Nnaji- Architect of the new power plan in the nation, Chinedu Nebo- The initiator of Post UME exam in the nation..... U guys are too much.....
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by ssztarss: 1:30am On Jan 17, 2013
mbulela: Most folks still do not understand our issues as a country.
We have never lacked good men with passion and sincerity.
What we lack is a good system.
As good as this man is, he might make no difference cos the system is structured to produce failure.
I wish him the best,anyway.
thanks for that....i didnt want to sound like a pessimist so i patiently watched from the sideline until i saw dis comment...
overwhelming acceptance from nairalanders n its quite shocking...lol...
@topic.. i earnestly hope gej adminstation does not pour red oil on his c.v...
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by oobim(m): 1:34am On Jan 17, 2013
Wow,such positive comments for one man.*goosebumps*It pays to be/do good,cos ur reward wil first be here on earth before heaven.tho few wil say negative stuffs,bt majority wil speak good of u.Even if noone is willing to say positive things,God wil raise stones to speak fr u.#be upright,kind n patient.,it pays#
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by cheikh: 2:04am On Jan 17, 2013
mbulela
Most folks still do not understand our issues as a country.
We have never lacked good men with passion and sincerity.
What we lack is a good system.
As good as this man is, he might make no difference cos the system is structured to produce failure.
I wish him the best,anyway.

@^^ Gbam! +10000 wink cool
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by remarkD(m): 2:12am On Jan 17, 2013
You said he's not going to achieve anything, why (on what premise and facts or reasons) do you believe that? When you look at a persons resume and ccomplishments (such as his) in your heart you will believe and say for sure he wont be able to achieve anything? just wondering how you are reasonsing...

i dont know this man, but I recall hearing his name in a passing conversation i was having with my pops... on how (bad) things are in my state; somehow the discussion went to Ebonyi State and then the university there and how someone from the south-west was the VP and he'd ended up colluding with other corrupt looting indigenes of the state to rob and run the school into the ground, and my pops said when you ask him he'll say "No be your broda -fellow state indigene- do am?" ... whilst the south easterner (this was when he said Nebo's name and i heard it for the first time) had been sent to the Ekiti university and he was performing well there .. think he said the university was able to utilize the abundant agricultural resources in the state to generate finance for the university and stuff... are there any current students of the Ekiti university who can give us a current report of his performance at the campus? no doubt ESUT and UNN were transformed by this man. I always wondered (who andd) when post ume exams started as I wrote mine and peaced out in '02 or so...

and i must say that I agree our problems are more of a lack of good institutions and systems or structures put in place to sustain and keep growth and performance alive. There are many intellects, performers, people of integrity from all parts of the country, but either they have left, planning to leave, or being u outside nder-utilized by this our country and its (corrupt system). naija can be proud to return and work for or serve the country someday. Even some of my Indonesian undergrad classmates are returning.

I feel sad when i think of some friends of mine i knew from primary school anda was impressed by thier intelligence and performance, one is now an aeronautic engineer in the US, another is a medical doctor in europe, I am myself not keen on working in Nigeria (for health reasons) but i pray (that just like China) all these students that get quality education

J12: Why the commendations and praise? He's not going to achieve anything. Lets watch him and see
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by remarkD(m): 2:16am On Jan 17, 2013
Krap! my text got messed up! typing with phone touchscreen aint easy sad
J12: Why the commendations and praise? He's not going to achieve anything. Lets watch him and see
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by ak47mann(m): 2:32am On Jan 17, 2013
Jonathan asks Senate to approve Turaki, Nebo as ministers
on JANUARY 17, 2013 · in NEWS
12:49 am

By HENRY UMORU & JOSEPH ERUNKE

ABUJA—EIGHT months after the former Acting National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Dr. Haliru Mohammed was removed as Minister of Defence, President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday forwarded Kabiru Tanimu Turaki as a ministerial nominee from Kebbi State.

Jonathan also sent to the Senate for confirmation, Prof. Chinedu Nebo as the ministerial nominee from Enugu State; six months after the former Minister for Power, Prof. Barth Nnaji resigned.

Jonathan had earlier requested the Senate to approve N253,199,752,409 as the budget for the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, in the 2013 fiscal year, just as he sought the Senate’s nod for consideration and confirmation of re-appointment of Alhaji Seleiman Barau as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.

He informed the Senate of his administration’s decision to celebrate the centenary anniversary of the amalgamation of Southern and Northern Nigeria in 1914.

*Members of the Red Chamber and President Jonathan
Jonathan, in a letter conveying his request, said that out of the amount, N155,660,399.641 was for capital expenditure while N48,034,818,410 and N49,504,534,358 would be for personnel and overhead costs, respectively.

The president, in the letter, dated November 30, last year to the Senate President said his request was in line with Section 299 of the 1999 Constitution which vested legislative powers over the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja, on the National Assembly.

He appealed to the Senate to give the FCT budget proposal a speedy passage.

On the re-appointment of Alhaji Barau as CBN Deputy Governor, CBN, President Jonathan said his decision was based on the provisions of

Section 8(1 & 2) of the CBN Act, 2007.

Jonathan, also stated in his letter asking the Senate to confirm the nomination of the proposed ministers that it was “In accordance with Section 147(2) of the 1999 Constitution… as amended.’’

He also forwarded CVs of Kabiru Tanimu Turaki and Prof. Chinedu Nebo, for consideration.

“While trusting that this exercise will receive the traditional prompt attention of the Senate, please accept, Mr. Senate President, the assurances of my highest consideration.”

The former deputy governor of Osun State, Erelu Olusola Obada had been acting as Defence Minister since Dr Mohammed was relieved of his job. Earlier, the name of the former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, Senator Adamu Aliero made the rounds as the person from Kebbi to replace Bello Mohammed.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by naijaking1: 4:19am On Jan 17, 2013
What's the excitement about Nebo?
All it takes to sack Igbos from GEJ cabinet is only one accusation from an Hausa, go figure

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by tutu1: 4:25am On Jan 17, 2013
More thief's with titles
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by horlatunde(m): 6:40am On Jan 17, 2013
gmolen:
Pls, do u know the second person and the portfolio he/she is being nominated for?
the Second person 4rm Kebbi state and the governorship Aspirant of d state under ACN in 2011....
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Maximus17(m): 6:51am On Jan 17, 2013
a plus to Nebo on that but dnt wnt to hear any form of corruption on his part
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 6:52am On Jan 17, 2013
horlatunde: the Second person 4rm Kebbi state and the governorship Aspirant of d state under ACN in 2011....
It is not about PDP. Well done Goodluck.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by jadakiss213(m): 7:17am On Jan 17, 2013
kolexy:

Which NSE Lady? I hope you are not talking about the SEC lady that eats 1M a day. Don't be deceived by her cry, she was cooperating wityh the reps before the public enquiry.
thats Oteh.hes talking about the fat Okereke-Onyuike..not a gd example IMO
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Elgaxton(m): 7:22am On Jan 17, 2013
Woow! he was my DVC in ESUT and taught us Kinetic Metallurgy in final year.
Thorough man like this, subtracted 10 marks from students who didn't come
with calculators to the exam halls.

1st Class graduate from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
He was the DVC who organized denunciation of cultism in ESUT
He didn't allow people to walk past the corridor whenever he was lecturing,
early morning lectures in ESUT (7am).
If you don't attend lectures then know you have lost 30marks already.
I could go on and on but no need....
I think he will do well as a Minister[b] IF THEY WILL ALLOW HIM O[/b].
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by jadakiss213(m): 7:27am On Jan 17, 2013
de-moore:
Another great Man from the East. But Will our Boko haramic/gbagbatigbati brothers allow him to work? lets wait and see. Senatator Ken Nnamani-Killer of OBJ third term program, Bath Nnaji- Architect of the new power plan in the nation, Chinedu Nebo- The initiator of Post UME exam in the nation..... U guys are too much.....
must u always go this way stvpid tribal bigot.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Omexonomy: 7:31am On Jan 17, 2013
brownlord:

Naija and sentiment, if the nomination was not in favor of ur state or tribal man u for don call jonathan clueless, anyway congrat to him, hope he doesnt dissapoint
and this is what musiwa is doing right now https://www.nairaland.com/1165346/chinedu-nebo-failgoodluck-no-clue
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Noblechyk: 7:55am On Jan 17, 2013
Sam Milla: It doesnt matter to me if this man is Jesus or Muhammed. My question is:
Does he know anything about the ministry he is about to head?
You cant appoint a medical doctor to head sports ministry. Its called backwardness
why not do a background check first.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Noblechyk: 7:59am On Jan 17, 2013
Justicemy: a real christian is nt one wu involves his/her self in politics, coz its a dirty game
u're wrong.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by CITIZENX: 8:02am On Jan 17, 2013
For the first time in my life, am happy with Jonathans decision. If he continues this line, am sure those who call him the Retardeen will no longer have reason to do so.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by kelvino25(m): 8:04am On Jan 17, 2013
Dede1: If this dude has the alleged scholastic and disciplinary attributes as attested by most posters on this thread, I strongly suggest he shuns the aforementioned nomination for ministerial appointment in Nigeria.
Be the change you want to see.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by passion007: 8:07am On Jan 17, 2013
Omexonomy: and this is what musiwa is doing right now https://www.nairaland.com/1165346/chinedu-nebo-failgoodluck-no-clue
lol... I've been meaning to ask this, but what is that guy's problem? His passion for geography borders on the p.sychotic. Yet his posts are strangely interesting.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by lanyats: 8:12am On Jan 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Its confirmed. Names of 2 ministerial nominees was forwarded to the senate today
who is d 2nd nominee?
NEBO shd be fr power d other for defence...
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by laykhorn(m): 8:20am On Jan 17, 2013
He is currently the V.C of my school.. Federal Uni. Oye-Ekiti and he is doing great things in here. I need to authenticate this., I wish him all the best
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by ejiksman4sureyahoocom(m): 8:28am On Jan 17, 2013
Yes our energy sector is now ready to be revamped and the people wil have to rejoice as a dedicated, innovator and goal-oriented citizen of our dear nation has been appointed to chair this sector.

Kudos to GEJ and my dear former VC in anticipation of your good works to the good people of Nigeria.

Best Luck.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by josephmich(m): 8:39am On Jan 17, 2013
Very Honest man to the core. Wish he will be appointed. A very innovative and core administrator. Every one who visited UNN in his era will testify to his achievements there as the Vice Chancellor and the Landmark achievement he achieved.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by JimmyBoy1: 9:06am On Jan 17, 2013
What is his field and what ministry is he nominated for.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by princejude(m): 9:10am On Jan 17, 2013
Elgaxton:
He was the DVC who organized denunciation of cultism in ESUT
I remember that day, when some repented Cultist were crying like babies.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by extension: 9:15am On Jan 17, 2013
Its wrong to use perfect to describe this man,only God is perfect.Just read,it will help you understand the man.

Prof .Nebo is the Vice Chancellor newly created Federal University Oye Ekiti. He had made appreciated achievements despite odds militating against the smooth take off of the institution. Nebo, former vice Chancellor, University of Nigeria Nsukka was the last vice Chancellor to report on site when others taken off months ahead of him, because of the crisis between the two communities, Ikole and Oye.He used his wealth of experience to settle the dispute between the communities. He now shuttle between Oye and Ikole where they have the two campuses. Despite all these odds, the university is still ahead with infrastructures ready in the two campuses while post UME will be conducted on 9th of July with the result release within 24hrs.On the recruitment of staff, the university recorded another milestone as the first institution to conduct on line recruitment for staffs.
The workaholic professor appeal to all Ekiti sons and daughters to support him in his endeavor to make the university envy to all. Also made passionate appeal to federal government on increasement of the allocation given to the institution because the university runs two campuses.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 17, 2013
BayoAA:

Common AK 48!! You are getting this thing wrong. How can you compare a Medical doctor with a nurse? It is just like Comaparing an Engineer with a Technician!!! In the medical world we have Gyaenecologists, Pedeatrics, etc and in the engineering world we have your powerful Electrical engineers, Mech, civil, Electronics, Medical etc. Anyway I rest my case. No need to flog this too long. Take it or leave it.
In ur assertio,n a Technician must be a nobody ehh? Or must be that one on the roadside, believe me, without good Technicians to execute, every good effort by the Engineers will be rubbished.
Though I'm an Engineer, I still respect every Technician I come across for some hidden skils and knowledge they have that I don't.
@OP, me thinks its a wise choice for Prof Nebo, my hope is if he'll be allowed to deliver.
God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by lonelydora: 9:30am On Jan 17, 2013
My Alma mater former VC! Great Lions & Lionesses! that's the kind o f people we need in this country. He's a straight forward man and i like him. I know he will work well in his ministry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NAFDAC DG, Paul Orhi In Efcc's Custody / Adenuga Offers Keshi 2 Cars, A House,& N160M To Eagles / Governor Fayose Gives Children Christmas Gifts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.