Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,780 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position (24564 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by ogb5(m): 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2013
dont know him, but from comments so far, looks like this is going to be one more sheep in the midst of multitude of lions.

They will soon be calling for his sack when he tries to clean up whatever ministry he is posted to.

Then you will see people on NL say he must be a bad man for those under him to be requesting for his sack, just like the SEC lady.
Fingers crossed
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
AK 48:

This is still a shame,although a lesser shame.
Ven.Engr.prof.chinedu ositadinma nebo(to show una say I know am wella) is a professor of material and metallurgical,no doubt.he is good,no doubt.

But......this is a power industry that should be headed exclusively by an electrical engr with years of experience in a working power industry(say us,sa,uk.....)

On a second look at it,it gladdens my heart as an engr that a fellow "theoritical"engr is appointed in an engineering industry,which is better than names like..arc nuhu wayas,bar,mr....

Sorry to say this, AK 48, If you are a vast engineer, you will know that power industry is not just about Electrical engineering. Turbomachinery are the main power generators in Nigeria. These are purely mechanical systems handled by Mechanical Engineers, these mechanical systems are controlled by I&C Engineers, while the Electrical engineers cater for Electrical field in the Generator (Industrial) and synchronization. The civil engineers starts the whole process by building the concrete and metal structures which are no less important.
You will agree with me that Mech Eng and Mat & Met Eng has alot in common. so.....This is a round peg in round hole.
We dont need a practical engineer as a minister but a practical administrator/leader. Why do you think someone from SA or somewhere outside is better off? Common, This is a professor which I believe has travelled far and wide for researches, conferences, sabbaticals etc. This is the international mindset needed and nothing more not even Grammar and efisi!!!!!
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by chieftekena: 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
Who told you all he is going to d power ministry? It'll surprise u to know dat GEJ might make a minor shake up and fix d two minister nominees where he wants them to be. The most important thing is dat their states quotas are fully balanced within d fed character ministerial representation.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Built2last: 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
I don't know much about this man but for nairaland critical minds to have endorsed his personality...I cross my fingers and watch in anticipation...I also wish him well if finally appointed
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Odunnu: 10:14pm On Jan 16, 2013
I have never liked this man! Never!
Nebochadnnazer, tufiakwa.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
I remember vividly that Mr president, while on a working visit to Anambra last yr, promised to replace Barth Nnaji with another competent Igbo man/woman from Enugu.

Politicians make 'political' promises but GEJ makes real promises and fulfils them.

Another PROMISE kept!
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
chieftekena: Who told you all he is going to d power ministry? It'll surprise u to know dat GEJ might make a minor shake up and fix d two minister nominees where he wants them to be. The most important thing is dat their states quotas are fully balanced within d fed character ministerial representation.
And who told you he wont be deployed to the power ministry?

GEJ will continue to disappoint NAY SAYERS
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by ba7man(m): 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I remember vividly that Mr president, while on a working visit to Anambra last yr, promised to replace Barth Nnaji with another competent Igbo man/woman from Enugu.

Politicians make 'political' promises but GEJ makes real promises and fulfils them.

Another PROMISE kept!
You're just a big "HO"!!!....I know u might be someones dad but it doesn't change how i feel about you. Why did i say this?? People are here discussing his educational background and qualifications for the job and you are here trying to use it to make your boss look good. You might be someones husband but deep down inside you're shyte.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
Namiad:
i pray he has somtin to offer in d ministry

but he is currently a new federal univ vice chancellor. Let him finish that 1 na.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by JLINKD: 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
OMG. I v always read Nairaland threads but hardly ever comment (this is actually my first time to drop a comment) because of illogical opinion of a lot mbrs but on this I must say dat this is one of d greatest positive news I v heared in a long while. Prof Nebo came into UNN when I had left d citadel in 2002 and turned around d sch and always preached merit. Nigeria will have all to gain if he oversees d Power Ministry. Congrats Prof.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
That is my former DVC. This man english dey like that of Patrick Obahiagbon.

He will do well intoto.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by asha80(m): 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2013
okpara ugo: That is my former DVC. This man english dey like that of Patrick Obahiagbon.

He will do well intoto.

shocked how does that relate to the job? undecided
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2013
Igwe.:
He's nominated for the power ministry. I wish Prof. Barth was redeployed to Petroleum.

Is he an engineer ? I cant remember.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
asha 80:

shocked how does that relate to the job? undecided

He is good on any job you give him to do. I have not forgotten his voluptuous vocabulary that can throw students disma pisma.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
gmolen: Outside being a disciplinarian and a result oriented fellow (this man revamped UNN when it was at the brinks of collapse due to mal-administration), he is also a man I believe has the fear of God, being a Rev. in the Anglican communion. That said, I am really glad that GEJ has finally (cos it took him sometime) nominated another professional to continue the good work started by prof. Barth Nnaji.

Yes oo. In those days when you hear, Reverend Canon Professor Chinedu Nebo, it results in general applause.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by gmolen(m): 10:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
okpara ugo:

Is he an engineer ? I cant remember.
Yes, he is a metallurgical engineer
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
vanstanzy: Thats my former UNN VC. Go Nebo!!! Congrats Prof!

We groomed him in ESUT before loaning him to UNN in a transfer window.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by STUNTS007: 10:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
In my most candid opinion devoid of bias and sentiments,I think this is one of the best things I heard today. First Prof Nebo has a very good pedigree when one looks at his educational background. He studied in the United States and he has a good engineering foundation in metallurgical engineering. He is a very intelligent and a wonderful orator. When one looks at the quality of work he did in UNN,one can't help but marvel at the quality this man possesses.I really wish him all the best.please search this man on Google and see for yourself.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
Justicemy: a real christian is nt one wu involves his/her self in politics, coz its a dirty game

Since politics is dirty, we Nigerians should continue sufferring in the hands of corrupt leaders

Dis your mentality is too poor. We need people like Dora Akunyili, Chinedu Nebo to sanitize this country. They have fought Ngozi Okonjo Iweala to cowardice. I remember her antecedents under OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by kokoA(m): 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2013
If the guy was that good as a VC then I think the best portfolio for him is Education. I guess he will do better than the mama we have there now.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by okunboy: 10:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
Prof. Nnebo is a perfect match for this appointment! Man of integrity, Honor, and a disciplinarian! I am a yoruba by tribe, but I can beat my chest for him! Prof Nnaji, prof Oyebuchi (minister of Health) and prof Nnebo are three childhood muskeeters and rare breed from the east! Though am not a fan of GEJ, but he got it right this time! I challenge anyone here to fault his CV!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 10:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sam Milla: It doesnt matter to me if this man is Jesus or Muhammed. My question is:
Does he know anything about the ministry he is about to head?
You cant appoint a medical doctor to head sports ministry. Its called backwardness
Prof of Metallurgical and Material Engineering.

I expect much from him having seen what he accomplished in my alma mater.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 10:50pm On Jan 16, 2013
Odunnu: I have never liked this man! Never!
Why hun?
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by gsalvatore: 10:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
nwando:

I have sat in Bible studies to learn from him in Enugu
Wow
He has a heart for Nigeria and that is what we need
you have sat in bible studies to learn from him huh? That man is the greatest pretender on earth, he hides at the back of church. He did some good stuffs when he was VC-UNN, well dat was to make a name for himself. Don't forget the Fact that he has been LoBBying for this Political appointmen and with whose Money? Cos lobbying happens with Cash.
Abeg before you start praising that wolf in sheep skin just direct your torchlight on FED UNI Ekiti, he runs that place like his property or should I say like a private firm, he refuses to pay some staffs their allowances just because they are junior staffs, if you squeal a sack letter is always there to take care of the situations...I have peeps complaining in secret about this, I guess he uses their pay/allowances to lobby for a ministerial post. ALL that Glitters is not Gold. His corruption runs a tightass Ship. Before a Naija Pastor turns a Naija Politician,Few knows the play,Others are mere Spectators..
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nightshift(m): 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
Odunnu: I have never liked this man! Never!
Coal city queen, what has he done to you?
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by DWJOBScom(m): 10:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
I haven't stopped dancing...God is answering the prayers of his people. Professor Nebo was my priest and VC , a disciplinarian and a stricter for uprightness and due process, I can't wait to have him clear the mess in the power sector and pave way for the great development that is going to make it easy for Nigerians.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nightshift(m): 10:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
okunboy: Prof. Nnebo is a perfect match for this appointment! Man of integrity, Honor, and a disciplinarian! I am a yoruba by tribe, but I can beat my chest for him! Prof Nnaji, prof Oyebuchi (minister of Health) and prof Nnebo are three childhood muskeeters and rare breed from the east! Though am not a fan of GEJ, but he got it right this time! I challenge anyone here to fault his CV!
The group that simplifies dedication to duty in Nigeria . Great Coal city connection !
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by toshmann(m): 10:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
i met him once in ohio. he appeared to me to be a very humble and responsible man. i've met some members of his family too. classical humble xtian people, my impression at the time. i have heard a good lot 'bout him and i do believe he will do well, God willing.
God bless him.

rejoinder: i met a prof nebo former VC UNN, i guess its the same person this thread is about
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by toshmann(m): 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
by the way, what post is he being offered?
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by agabaI23(m): 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
ba7man: You're just a big "HO"!!!....I know u might be someones dad but it doesn't change how i feel about you. Why did i say this?? People are here discussing his educational background and qualifications for the job and you are here trying to use it to make your boss look good. You might be someones husband but deep down inside you're shyte.
Who made you the chief whip of this thread? He has the right to respond to the news from any angle that suits him just as you chose to deviate from discussing the prof's educational background to abusing someone? You should learnt to tolerate divergent views my friend.
Re: Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
gsalvatore: you have sat in bible studies to learn from him huh? That man is the greatest pretender on earth, he hides at the back of church. He did some good stuffs when he was VC-UNN, well dat was to make a name for himself. Don't forget the Fact that he has been LoBBying for this Political appointmen and with whose Money? Cos lobbying happens with Cash.
Abeg before you start praising that wolf in sheep skin just direct your torchlight on FED UNI Ekiti, he runs that place like his property or should I say like a private firm, he refuses to pay some staffs their allowances just because they are junior staffs, if you squeal a sack letter is always there to take care of the situations...I have peeps complaining in secret about this, I guess he uses their pay/allowances to lobby for a ministerial post. ALL that Glitters is not Gold. His corruption runs a tightass Ship. Before a Naija Pastor turns a Naija Politician,Few knows the play,Others are mere Spectators..

Biko let us hear sumtin
You are talking about a man who went to UNN and paid arrears of pensions running into 3 years worth ,abolishing the culture of handout selling etc
If he went to that new mushroom university in Ekiti and from day one stepped down his foot that people sit up ad folks are hurt by it it tough
People cried when he left Nsukka
He is not a man that will refuse junior staff their due pay
This is a man they said started payment for student workers according to an earlier poster

Oya he has left Oye Ekiti,hopefully the new VC will be the type Nigerians like
We will see the result of that

Tell us more about this lobbying and how he did it and with what money
Folks are beginning to pull reasonings from their anus just to be heard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Minister Of Defence Dan Ali In Russia / FG Recovers $14million From Jide Omokore's Firm - Premium Times / Corpse Of Godspower Umejuru Ake Arrives Rivers State House Of Assembly. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.