Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments (60173 Views)

For Mountain Dew Soft Drink Addicts Like Me / 'nzu'- Dat Local Chalk / Nigerian Native Chalk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by ragdollz: 6:28am On Feb 04, 2011
Anngirl:

Thank God 4 dis thread, sure many pple hav been dying in silence.

Na wa oooh, na so the thing strong like this??
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Xtonalex(m): 7:03am On Dec 15, 2011
Ate it for bout a yr or so, twas kwite odd, buh smhow along d line i read bout itz effect on d body, then i startd tryin to curb it, tho it took kwite a whole lot ov tym to stop, buh all thanks to my folks, finally did stop it. Haven't taken any for bout 6 months now altho mst tyms i still crave 4 it,

1 Like

Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Honeycity(f): 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2011
what is the stuff made from? undecided
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 23, 2011
jezz! After going through this thread, i was completely amased, i thaught i was the only one who was addicted to dat stuff called Nzu, it took me yrs to fight d 'hunger for Nzu', tank God i'm free from it now, but i cant stop silivating each time i come across dat stuff(Nzu), at a time i thaught i was sick. Then, each time d hunger for Nzu hooks me i wouldnt care taking a bike to d market to get some, those days d tin dey hook me lyk person wae dey take cocain
Tank God indeed for the rescue

1 Like

Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by tpia5: 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2011
I've eaten the stuff a couple of times but i thought it was meant to imitate egusi.
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by tpia5: 1:16am On Dec 27, 2011
Whoever is annoyed by that should please contact CNN or bang their heads against a wall.

Your choice.
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by nasasalt(f): 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2013
i thought am d only one addicted 2 dis nzu of a thing....i have tried several times 2 stop it no way....
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Meddler(f): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2013
munagi: I don't like nzu but what I can't get out of my head is the flat type of nzu. I have tried all my best to stop eating it, I just can't stop. Please any doctor in the house. Help!

OMG do u mean ulo ( I think that's the spelling. I absolutely love it and addicted to it. My bf and mom absolutely hate it when I buy it. I've been craving it since. Funny enough, cheese happens to be the only thing that can cut thru the cravings hehehehe. Guess I'll settle for the ulo instead. It's less expensive.
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
Well,from what i have read from many comments in different forum,it prevent ladies from getting pregnant among many other side effect like cancer.
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by baby124: 12:46am On Apr 23, 2013
I am absolutely addicted to chalk. Don't know about nzu. But something about the smell, texture and taste drives me crazy. This started in primary school. Leave a box of chalk, and I may eat it all. I hope I haven't shortened my life span. The chalk of these days though seems to have too much chemical, so its not too appetizing. This alone has reduced the amount of chalk I can eat. The cravings are still there though. cheesy
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by mubaraqqq(f): 10:40am On Sep 13, 2013
Calabar chalk is a comfort snack for me, i love the way it smells and how it just melts in ma mouth. For those who love Calabar chalk like me, you can get it on http://www.africanshop.shikenan.com/african-food/african-snacks/calabar-chalk-nzu-lokpo
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
That thing dries up the blood oh- anaemia things. IM SERIOUS, so addicts, be warned.
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Londoue: 6:10am On Dec 07, 2013
Like the Taste of Chalk? You're in Luck--Humans May Be Able to Taste Calcium. Finding could explain why many people don't get enough of the nutrient and develop osteoporosis.
Mice, and most likely humans, have the ability to taste calcium—and most do not like it, according to new research presented at the American Chemical Society's semiannual national meeting, held in Philadelphia. Scientists say the findings could explain why, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, 80 percent of Americans do not get enough calcium when it is so important for our health.
Calcium carbonate is a chemical compound with the formula CaCO3. It is a common substance found in rocks and is the main component of shells of marine organisms, snails, coal balls, pearls, and eggshells. Calcium carbonate is the active ingredient in agricultural lime, and is created when Ca ions in hard water react with carbonate ions creating limescale. It is commonly used medicinally as a calcium supplement or as an antacid, but excessive consumption can be hazardous.
Calcite is a very abundant mineral found in the Earth's crust. It is found in sedimentary rock.
Calcite contains carbon, calcium, and oxygen which are collectively known as calcium carbonate.
It is usually mined from deep underground or quarried from the surface of the Earth. Calcite is commonly used to make cement.
Limestone, which is used in chalk, is made of calcite.
It is very common to find calcite in the shells of certain marine animals.
Calcite can be found in various countries in the world including Mexico, the US, England, India, and Germany.
Calcite in the form of limestone is used to make dog food.
Sea organisms whose shells are made of calcite help balance the amount of CO2 in the ocean by absorbing it to make their calcite shells.

I love smell of wet red clay when I water my pots. I also, eat white natural chalk, crunchy and soft easy to chew on, love the taste of it. I remember nibbling on board chalk at school but I think some bad chemicals mixed with drawing chalk. Animals eat natural chalk too; must be some minerals deficiency. I have not been eating chalk for very long time. About 3 years ago, I started to feel pain in my knees and what is interesting, after I started eating a little chalk every day, may be 2 and half months ago the pain was gone. I have not even been exercising all this time, in contest that exercise usually helps the knee pain. I don’t think it’s harmful a little natural chalk along with some fresh salad every day, to avoid constipation. I read all kind of stories one girl got her guts clogged from eating too much clay.
here is where you can get natural chalk.. crunchy and soft, very tasty:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221329637022?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

1 Like

Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Londoue: 6:21am On Dec 07, 2013
For people who like to advise to take iron pills

For people who like to advise to take iron pills ---you may want to read link below
Every time I take one it makes me so sick I did throw up most of times
I gave iron pill to my boyfriend; he was sick for all day, right after he took it, and couldn’t even drive that day.
You may find the link below very interesting.
http://www.unveilingthem.com/PoisoningOfMankindCopperDeficiency.htm

1 Like

Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Londoue: 6:38am On Dec 07, 2013
baby_123: I am absolutely addicted to chalk. Don't know about nzu. But something about the smell, texture and taste drives me crazy. This started in primary school. Leave a box of chalk, and I may eat it all. I hope I haven't shortened my life span. The chalk of these days though seems to have too much chemical, so its not too appetizing. This alone has reduced the amount of chalk I can eat. The cravings are still there though. cheesy

Like the Taste of Chalk? You're in Luck--Humans May Be Able to Taste Calcium Finding could explain why many people don't get enough of the nutrient and develop osteoporosis

Mice, and most likely humans, have the ability to taste calcium—and most do not like it, according to new research presented today at the American Chemical Society's semiannual national meeting, held this week in Philadelphia. Scientists say the findings could explain why, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, 80 percent of Americans do not get enough calcium when it is so important for our health.

I love smell of wet red clay when I water my pots. I also, eat white natural chalk, crunchy and soft easy to chew on, love the taste of it. I remember nibbling on board chalk at school but I think some bad chemicals mixed with drawing chalk. Animals eat natural chalk too; must be some minerals deficiency. I have not been eating chalk for very long time. About 3 years ago, I started to feel pain in my knees and what is interesting, after I started eating a little chalk every day, may be 2 and half months ago the pain was gone. I have not even been exercising all this time, in contest that exercise usually helps the knee pain. I don’t think it’s harmful a little natural chalk along with some fresh salad every day, to avoid constipation. I read all kind of stories one girl got her guts clogged from eating too much clay.
Link to natural white chalk:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221329637022?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by pc4meonline: 3:04am On Jan 03, 2014
Nzu contains lead and arsenic. Exposure to lead can result in a number of harmful effects, and a developing child is particularly at risk of effects on the brain and nervous system. Arsenic is a carcinogen, and excessive long-term exposure to it has been associated with a range of adverse health effects, including cancers of the urinary bladder, lung and skin.
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Toluwani2(f): 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
[quote
author=pc4meonline post=20636128] Nzu contains lead and arsenic.
Exposure to lead can result in a number of harmful effects, and a
developing child is particularly at risk of effects on the brain and
nervous system. Arsenic is a carcinogen, and excessive long-term
exposure to it has been associated with a range of adverse health
effects, including cancers of the urinary bladder, lung and
skin.[/quote]
ummmm
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by sylph22: 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
That nzu is obviously some kinda hard drug for so many people to addicted to something that tasteless. Tried it in primary when my ibo friends kept raving about it; you can as well blend sand to lick! It does nothing good for the body. If this isn't good enough reason to curb the addiction, then I don't know what is.
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by imambre(f): 10:44am On Jul 04, 2015
I am pregnant and am a doctor.just became addicted to it in my 6th month and it's really embarrassing. Despite the fact that I know all the health implications I simply can't stop the habit. I checked my blood level and I ain't anaemic. Don't know what to do. I pray the craving stops as soon as I put to birth,in Jesus name

4 Likes

Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Gold45(f): 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
imambre:
I am pregnant and am a doctor.just became addicted to it in my 6th month and it's really embarrassing. Despite the fact that I know all the health implications I simply can't stop the habit. I checked my blood level and I ain't anaemic. Don't know what to do. I pray the craving stops as soon as I put to birth,in Jesus name

Amen o,
BUt you have to put an effort. Add prayer cus thats the only thing that can stop the addiction.
I got addicted from as early as I could remember. My mum boasts my skin is lighter than all her children cus she ate plenty nzu and fruits while carrying me in her womb. So Ive been eating it ever since. But this year, Ive eaten just 5 balls (from bags of nzu my mum brings from the village then) cheesy grin cheesy grin
Just find something too you love with a nice flavour thats portable and eat whenever you feel the craving for nzu
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by imambre(f): 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
Thanks. I had my baby 3months ago and the craving stopped immediately. The other day,my maid reminded me that I had not eaten it since I came back from the hospital,so I sent her to get me some,but I didn't enjoy it the way I did before.That was the last time I had it. I now believe that it must have been hormonal
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by lilyvibes58(f): 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2015
was addicted to nzu and ulo for a long time,actually 9years plus.It wasnt easy 4 me,it just started from a taste.I have been on folic acid.I eat enof fruits and vegges and with prayers i have been able to stay away from nzu.I feel so free
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Shokoloko(f): 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
imambre:
Thanks. I had my baby 3months ago and the craving stopped immediately. The other day,my maid reminded me that I had not eaten it since I came back from the hospital,so I sent her to get me some,but I didn't enjoy it the way I did before.That was the last time I had it. I now believe that it must have been hormonal

Wow! Same thing happened to me. Battled this addiction from age 10 to 30. When i got pregnant i felt yes this was the time to gorge on nzu since pregnant women were encouraged to use it to curb nausea. Believe it or not, i didnt eat the ones i bought that day and that was the end. My son is a big boy now and since then no cravings at all.

1 Like

Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hmmm! I am a harden ADDICT, tried stoping it but found myself craving for it the more.Will keep on trying till i win because it's a battle.

1 Like

Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by Beremx(f): 7:56pm On Sep 22, 2018
I love nzu
Re: White Chalk Addicts-Please your comments by ecstasy357(m): 11:33am On Jan 29, 2019
I'm a guy and I can't help it...the sight of it, the smell, the taste it's just ecstatic.

The addiction comes n goes. After reading this thread, I believe it has to do with the blood. Right now, I have it in my bag at work...as a matter of fact, it goes everywhere with me since last week.

The human body is just funny...craving for dirt just because it lacks red blood cells

(1) (2) (Reply)

Giant Fish Caught In Ibaji, Kogi State (Photos) / Particles Found In Capri-sonne Even When It Is Yet To Expire / The English Name For `ewedu'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.